2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Marwood

https://www.sportbible.com/football...rangnick-jadon-sancho-man-utd-388775-20240112

So apparently Sancho didn't have any discipline problems under Rangnick. You'd think if Sancho is really that bad, he wouldn't give a shit under an interim manager especially.
I'd ask Rangnick why he couldn't get two good consecutive performances from him i.e. the bare minimum.

I think there's a difference between a player being badly disruptive and a player who is just a bit ambivalent.

I'd guess Sancho isn't the former but is the latter which although less obvious as a problem is still very much one.

IRELANDUNITED

The brains these modern day footballers have aren’t the best, Rashford is having an awful season because his mate isn’t getting to play with him, pathetic mentality.

I want him gone, now. He was commenting on Sancho post so he clearly isn’t fully committed to the team. 1 good season every 3 years isn’t enough for this football club. Fu*k off to PSG or somewhere if they are stupid enough to pay big money for you.

Red00012

Hopefully it goes well and gets a few clubs interested in him. He should never wear a Utd jersey again

ItDoesntEvenMata

Assist off the bat after 7 minutes on the pitch.

He'll go to Dortmund and be quality.

Everything about his time here was handled wrong, partly himself but Ole did that slow integration thing which never works with players and then he's had to sit and watch Martial, Antony etc start and be absolutely awful.

Simply too technically good a player for the Hollywood passing, punt it style we've had for a long time

HookedOnAPhelan

Everything about his time here was handled wrong, partly himself but Ole did that slow integration thing which never works with players and then he's had to sit and watch Martial, Antony etc start and be absolutely awful.

Simply too technically good a player for the Hollywood passing, punt it style we've had for a long time
:lol:

Having watched this game, the difference in intensity between Bundesliga and PL is staggering. No wonder Sancho feels more comfortable here.

marktan

It's got jack all to do with Sancho being good and all to do with the absolute dire state of defences in the Bundesliga. Sancho looks good with lots of space. He looks terrible against low blocks. It's as simple as that.

Seriously this myth of him being a world beater at Dortmund needs to die. Go to YouTube and type in his goals and assists in the Bundesliga in 20/21. The vast majority of his goals were in amounts of space that simply does not exist in the PL, La Liga and Serie A.

Bole Top

he's been absent for so long yet he's still fit enough to toy with this league for the rest of the season. I can see something like 10 assists and about 6 or 7 goals if he stays fit.

KeanoMagicHat

It's got jack all to do with Sancho being good and all to do with the absolute dire state of defences in the Bundesliga. Sancho looks good with lots of space. He looks terrible against low blocks. It's as simple as that.

Seriously this myth of him being a world beater at Dortmund needs to die. Go to YouTube and type in his goals and assists in the Bundesliga in 20/21. The vast majority of his goals were in amounts of space that simply does not exist in the PL, La Liga and Serie A.
Then why was he able to score and assist against the likes of Inter and Atletico Madrid in the Champions League?

Lyng

I dont buy that. Players consistently come to us and go from very talented to utter shite.

KeanoMagicHat

I dont buy that. Players consistently come to us and go from very talented to utter shite.
Yeah I think it’s a team issue more than a league issue. Haaland does the same thing in the PL as he did in Bundesliga, if not better. Same with Bellingham, who is better in La Liga. Because they play in high functioning teams that suit them. Sancho hasn’t had that here. If he’d gone back to City I’m sure he’d be doing well, getting plenty of space in the half spaces and lots of runners. Or even somewhere like Brighton, he’d be doing well.

RuudTom83

Hehe I love the narrative

See! he just got an assist in Germany…proves it’s the manager!!!

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Yeah I think it’s a team issue more than a league issue. Haaland does the same thing in the PL as he did in Bundesliga, if not better. Same with Bellingham, who is better in La Liga. Because they play in high functioning teams that suit them. Sancho hasn’t had that here. If he’d gone back to City I’m sure he’d be doing well, getting plenty of space in the half spaces and lots of runners. Or even somewhere like Brighton, he’d be doing well.
On Bellingham, in before someone points out comical level of La Liga defenders compared to incredibly amazing standard of Premier League where prime Nesta and Maldini wouldn’t even make the squad for most of the teams.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
So many on here underestimating the Bundesliga. Dortmund are way ahead of us in footballing terms and I won’t be surprised to see Sancho shine. Whilst he isn’t a player that should be playing for United given his general attitude to the game, we have a horrendous track record in recent times of nurturing talent due to our non-existent structure.

Sancho will be playing in the CL knockouts whilst we struggle against mid-table and relegation fodder with the faint hope that ETH and SJR will magically turn things around.

marktan

That's because we sign players like Antony, Mount and Sancho that are very badly scouted and bad fits for us. Players like Bruno and Casemiro that are actually good fit in fine. Why do so many youngsters come into our team and look fine when the 70m ones dont? It's not solely team issue any more given that ETH is trying to be proactive in our style (with varying degrees of success). There's only so much you can do with players like Sancho and Antony that have the acceleration speed of a snail, or someone like Mount who never showed anything at Chelsea aside from like 5 corner assists and 5 late run into the box goals.

Like I said watch the video of his goals in the Bundesliga in 20/21

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

:lol: Absolute horseshit. He’s had literally dozens of opportunities to impress for us. And he’s been more or less constantly underwhelming for his entire United career. And that final sentence. Ooh boy…

Lyng

Yep. I think this is pretty much spot on.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

I don't mind him feeling happy and showing his class there. His problem at United isn't a lack of talent, and I even hesitate to say it's work rate. It's not being right for our needs, it's not being too suited for the league, but most of all I think it's mental pressure and competing with other top players for the position rather than being confident and comfortable, knowing you are the main man and won't be benched after a bad game. Different mentalities are needed at different clubs. If we can get back 40m or so in the summer that would be good for us, and I think Dortmund would pay it as he can basically look like a world class player for them.

Asger

I would not by surprised to see him being great for Dortmund next few months. All our attacking players have been shit under Ten Hag.

Marcus

Good for him. Hope he does well and increases his value so we can sell and get him off our books.

Dr. T

Wow, given about 20m radius of room around him in the box, he looked a world beater.

In 80 matches for us he looked like someone had snuck their kid into a men's sunday league game. He's absolute gash and I couldn't give a rats if we get nothing for him and he never plays for us again.

The Irish Connection

He just doesn’t have the acceleration needed to beat defenders in the Premier League and he’s not direct enough.
Hope he keeps playing well for Dortmund so we can get a decent chunk back for him and fingers crossed reinvest it better.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Looks like he's picked up where he's left off. Running at players, dangerous passing into the other attackers, immaculate first touch... call him all you like but if he showed more of that here then he'd be starting easily. The million dollar question is why? Technically he's miles better than other PL wingers who thrive, so I don't even think it's the league. We're just a graveyard for players these days.