View full 2023-24 profile

5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Just watched his reintroduction video and he looks like a fat Lingard impersonator. :lol:

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
So many on here underestimating the Bundesliga. Dortmund are way ahead of us in footballing terms and I won’t be surprised to see Sancho shine. Whilst he isn’t a player that should be playing for United given his general attitude to the game, we have a horrendous track record in recent times of nurturing talent due to our non-existent structure.

Sancho will be playing in the CL knockouts whilst we struggle against mid-table and relegation fodder with the faint hope that ETH and SJR will magically turn things around.

marktan

I dont buy that. Players consistently come to us and go from very talented to utter shite.
That's because we sign players like Antony, Mount and Sancho that are very badly scouted and bad fits for us. Players like Bruno and Casemiro that are actually good fit in fine. Why do so many youngsters come into our team and look fine when the 70m ones dont? It's not solely team issue any more given that ETH is trying to be proactive in our style (with varying degrees of success). There's only so much you can do with players like Sancho and Antony that have the acceleration speed of a snail, or someone like Mount who never showed anything at Chelsea aside from like 5 corner assists and 5 late run into the box goals.

Like I said watch the video of his goals in the Bundesliga in 20/21

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Assist off the bat after 7 minutes on the pitch.

He'll go to Dortmund and be quality.

Everything about his time here was handled wrong, partly himself but Ole did that slow integration thing which never works with players and then he's had to sit and watch Martial, Antony etc start and be absolutely awful.

Simply too technically good a player for the Hollywood passing, punt it style we've had for a long time
:lol: Absolute horseshit. He’s had literally dozens of opportunities to impress for us. And he’s been more or less constantly underwhelming for his entire United career. And that final sentence. Ooh boy…

Lyng

Yeah I think it’s a team issue more than a league issue. Haaland does the same thing in the PL as he did in Bundesliga, if not better. Same with Bellingham, who is better in La Liga. Because they play in high functioning teams that suit them. Sancho hasn’t had that here. If he’d gone back to City I’m sure he’d be doing well, getting plenty of space in the half spaces and lots of runners. Or even somewhere like Brighton, he’d be doing well.
Yep. I think this is pretty much spot on.

LilienFan

Supports
Darmstadt
And this is why he was able to stat pad in the first place. Look at the goal, a high line, 3 man defence, no one around him and a non existent midfield.

Is it a tactical choice, or a lack of tactics? Matches in the Championship have a more coherent defence than that.
No Darmstadt literally has the worst defense in all of the top 5 leagues. In terms of budget Luton Town is Manchester City compared to us. In our 126 years of existence, we have spent about €20M on transfer fees. Oh that´s not this year. That is in 126 years. We have spent more than a million in transfer fee for a single player four times and the sad part is that they have all been total garbage. We are like the old guy from Asterix&Obelix without the magic potion and the hot chick.

Needless to say I´m fecking proud of our accomplishments given our budgets. We shouldn´t even be close to a top 5 league in Europe.

So yeah this was the best possible opponent to come back against for Sancho.

Reactions: Fortitude

Markolan

Supports
AC Milan
I watched the 2nd half and he looked very good. Maybe ETH is the problem, maybe he's the villain in that awkward feud against the english player and not Sancho.
If Sancho does well at BVB I'd consider to give him another chance next season (but of course Ten Hag must leave)

Son

Sancho is a decent footballer but let’s be honest he’s proving absolutely nothing in the Bundesliga pretending it’s the same level he’s just failed miserably in.

German football is his level end of the day. If it gets us a bigger fee awesome that’s the only thing he needs to do for United now.

Son

He's back in Germany where he'll get loads of space and he'll look good again. Pity he wasn't interested in working hard enough to make an impact in the PL.
His style works well like you say if given lots of time but unlike Salah when he’s pressured he doesn’t want it.

Mentality, physicality and quick thinking isn’t there. Give him an extra second man looks like a genius. He’s not though.

GazTheLegend

I watched the 2nd half and he looked very good. Maybe ETH is the problem, maybe he's the villain in that awkward feud against the english player and not Sancho.
If Sancho does well at BVB I'd consider to give him another chance next season (but of course Ten Hag must leave)
German football just isn't as high a level as the Premier League. It's a good league, and well run, and I love it - but -Bournemouth- spunked £90million on transfers in the summer net spend. I think Dortmunds net spend is something like negative £150m over the last few seasons.

Withnail

His style works well like you say if given lots of time but unlike Salah when he’s pressured he doesn’t want it.

Mentality, physicality and quick thinking isn’t there. Give him an extra second man looks like a genius. He’s not though.
Well he's young so I think he could raise his game if he put the work in. We saw flashes of what we can do. If he'd put his head down and worked his balls off things could be very different, but yeah, as you say, that mentality seems to be lacking.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Yeah…. I’ll give that a hard “no” thanks. Every single part of it.

AndySmith1990

So what if he looked good in the second half today? He looked good at Dortmund plenty of times, that's why we signed him in the first place.

At United he's been shit from day 1. It's nothing to do with Ten Hag.

I swear some football fans have memories like fecking goldfish

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Darmstadt.

Bottom, 10 points from 17 games, a -24 GD, a non existent midfield.

A worse version of Burnley. At least Burnley wouldn’t give Sancho five yards of space.

dave2528

Hopefully Dortmund can continue to play teams full of chain smokers and pig farmers and Sancho can shine against competition that's more his speed. Maybe then we can sell him on and recoup some of the money we wasted on him here.

alexthelion

Oh, Christ it's started :eek: