2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

hobbers

Looking at the highlights, tbh put Jadon in a United shirt and that looks like one of his best games haha.

Dortmund should be more grateful! he turned up and attempted to get past his marker!...those were very rare treats for United fans.

Yep. If Jadon, or Rashford for that matter, played this game in a United shirt you'd get a reasonable number of delusionals in their performance threads saying they'd just put on a masterclass.

Good for Dortmund and their press that they have far higher standards than Manchester United.

criticalanalysis

Looking at the highlights, tbh put Jadon in a United shirt and that looks like one of his best games haha.

Dortmund should be more grateful! he turned up and attempted to get past his marker!...those were very rare treats for United fans.

I'm assuming he must have been really bad in his overall game or other involvements because these highlights actually look quite decent?! Good passing, decision making and even a few penetration dribbles. I mean my bar is pretty low but it's not what I was expecting for the lowest rated player on the pitch.

clarkydaz

I'm assuming he must have been really bad in his overall game or other involvements because these highlights actually look quite decent?! Good passing, decision making and even a few penetration dribbles. I mean my bar is pretty low but it's not what I was expecting for the lowest rated player on the pitch.
same, i was expecting to see a load of blunders

jimmyb2000

Played 88 minutes in yesterdays 2.0 win over Union Berlin - here's how they rated him:

Jadon Sancho (4/10)
Sancho kept his place in the starting XI but failed to offer much in attack. He was kept quiet despite trying his best to force the initiative. The Englishman's struggles are certainly worrying, and he needs to step up if he wants to start again next weekend.

The Urban Goose

Are we just unlucky that all of our bright young things turn into lazy, feckless layabouts or is there something in our dressing room that causes it? There are plenty of other youngsters on big money so I don't necessarily buy the salary angle.

Born2Lose

Are we just unlucky that all of our bright young things turn into lazy, feckless layabouts or is there something in our dressing room that causes it? There are plenty of other youngsters on big money so I don't necessarily buy the salary angle.
Or was it telling that even at a knock down price that no other clubs wanted Sancho.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
It's a lot to do with the environment at Man Utd generally being bad for the past decade.

But also, no other big club seemed that interested in Sancho - I don't think we did our homework here. Bit like Antony.

Litch

These players on stupid money have priced themselves out of the sport they once loved. They are stuck in limbo on too much wages and come with a shit load of drama. They are already financially secure for life so where is the motivation to do better?
When others are dreaming of going to the euros, they are dreaming of partying in Miami.....

Telsim

There's still time for him to show something at Dortmund. Otherwise, I have no clue how we are going to move him? Being stuck with him and Antony for another season would be horrible.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
There seems to be a core friendship group that all brought out the worst in each other. You can trace a line through Pogba, Lingard, Rashford and Sancho and see a lot of the same issues throughout. They’ll be remembered as the Manchester United equivalent of Liverpool’s Spice Boys.

The Urban Goose

There seems to be a core friendship group that all brought out the worst in each other. You can trace a line through Pogba, Lingard, Rashford and Sancho and see a lot of the same issues throughout. They’ll be remembered as the Manchester United equivalent of Liverpool’s Spice Boys.
That's unfair on the Spice Boys, the above four are a joke.

Son

That's unfair on the Spice Boys, the above four are a joke.
Pogba is one of the greatest French footballers of all time regardless of his injuries and drug ban so I wouldn’t call him a joke.

Rashford had some success personally but hasn’t won anything of note in his career. Those two are light years ahead of Sancho and Lingard obviously.

It’s hard to even choose out of Sancho and Lingard. I personally thought at one point Lingard had a better run of form in a tougher league than we’ve ever seen from Sancho in the Prem.

Sancho’s days at Dortmund he was still a kid and the strength of the league is questionable at best.

Last edited:

Sgt.Dignam

Supports
Carlisle United
Pogba is one of the greatest French footballers of all time regardless of his injuries and drug ban so I wouldn’t call him a joke.

Rashford had some success personally but hasn’t won anything of note in his career. Pogba is lightyears ahead when compared to the other 3.
One of the greatest French footballers of all time?

That must be a long list.

The Irish Connection

Decent performance to be fair.

Son

One of the greatest French footballers of all time?

That must be a long list.
Of course he is. France have 2 world cups and he was arguably their best player in both the Euro’s and World Cup when they won it last.

Pogba was a monster in those tournaments for France. He was a joy to watch at times and showed his ridiculous talent on the biggest stage. He was a great footballer whether you don’t like his mentality or not.

Football tactics might have favoured other profiles of midfielder in club football recently but Pogba’s talent was there for all to see. He did things with the ball most players can only dream of at times.

A player you would pay to see perform in my opinion.

redcucumber

Of course he is. France have 2 world cups and he was arguably their best player in both the Euro’s and World Cup when they won it last.

Pogba was a monster in those tournaments for France. He was a joy to watch at times and showed his ridiculous talent on the biggest stage. He was a great footballer whether you don’t like his mentality or not.

Football tactics might have favoured other profiles of midfielder in club football recently but Pogba’s talent was there for all to see. He did things with the ball most players can only dream of at times.

A player you would pay to see perform in my opinion.
Nah his club career was too pants. Or is Enzo Fernandez one of the greatest ever Argentinian midfielders because of his performances at the last World Cup?

Bwuk

Nah his club career was too pants. Or is Enzo Fernandez one of the greatest ever Argentinian midfielders because of his performances at the last World Cup?
Enzo didn't come close to how important and good Pogba was for France.

santeria13

Sublemon

Rashford had some success personally but hasn’t won anything of note in his career. Those two are light years ahead of Sancho and Lingard obviously.

It’s hard to even choose out of Sancho and Lingard. I personally thought at one point Lingard had a better run of form in a tougher league than we’ve ever seen from Sancho in the Prem.

Sancho’s days at Dortmund he was still a kid and the strength of the league is questionable at best.
As much as I dislike Lingard, he showed up for us in many big games and had a spell where he looked like a useful player. Sancho hasn't come close to doing that in the PL

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

Do people really consider Pogba one of the greatest French footballers of all time? I'd have thought that was reserved for Zidane and Henry. I thought the general consensus was that he could have been one of the greatest footballers ever but never even got remotely close to fulfilling that potential.
Very good point, Lingard took Rashford and Sancho under his wing very early, he was also close with Greenwood as well, and his form had fallen off a cliff massively even before the allegations. Pleased to have him out of the club. Once Rashford and Martial leave I think that's the majority of the spice boys gone. The rest of the players don't really have that many attitude issues, some of them are quite professional, just a bit rubbish.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Very good point, Lingard took Rashford and Sancho under his wing very early, he was also close with Greenwood as well, and his form had fallen off a cliff massively even before the allegations. Pleased to have him out of the club. Once Rashford and Martial leave I think that's the majority of the spice boys gone. The rest of the players don't really have that many attitude issues, some of them are quite professional, just a bit rubbish.
I’m not sure Martial was ever part of that friendship group, so probably shouldn’t be considered a spice boy. He also never seemed too keen on the trappings of fame, or having a high profile on social media, unlike the rest of them.

m1tch

They do play like they've been on spice to be fair.

CasaStreets

*The new manager, DoF, CEO and other high-level members of the board decide if they want him or not.

Although, they may not have any real choice if we can't find anyone to buy him.
The real issue is the wage. Certainly there are clubs who would take a punt for 20-30m but the question is if we’re willing to supplement his wages to get him out. Otherwise he would be mad to leave and I don’t see him as someone who wants to move to Saudi or something.

Krakenzero

Supports
Santiago Wanderers
Fontaine
Kopa
Platini
Papin
Zidane
Henry
Benzema
Mbappe (so far)

Is Pogba's career better or similar than any of those?

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
By you. I’ve never seen anybody else refer to these Particular players along those lines.

Personally I think all of these players had individual careers, individual high points and individual issues. I can’t think why you’d put them all in the same group. Very very strange.

Pogbas issues were the transfer fee, being the most expensive player in the world, and not living up to that. Not having a team structure that allowed him to play in a more advanced role or have a mobile DM to balance the midfield. Despite this he averaged a goal or assist every 175 mins he was on the pitch and his performances when judges in isolation, rather than through the prism of worlds most expensive, were up there with the best perfuming players every season bar his injury ravaged last season. He was picked by three managers 92% of all games he was available for. Injuries made it impossible to keep him at the end of his contract

Lingard was a very good squad player for us, a player SAF had kept an eye on. A person who, It seemed, took responsibility for a whole load outside of football which may have taken its toll. Up to that point he had gone from coming through the youth set up, playing regularly for England, scoring in world cups, winning trophies with United, scoring the winner in an FA cup final for united and a beauty at that, to being a very useful squad player. Once he lost his purpose he was let go. Doesn’t take away the fact that he had a much better career than the likes of Phil Jones and was consistently more useful and used than Juan Mata (an actual let down of a signing)

Rashford, similar to Lingard has been a big player for us. Scored some very very important goals. We don’t know what the issues are with Rashford but there very definitely are some. He claims to be very introverted which makes sense. He seems to struggle to handle pressure and to turn inwardly very often. I’m leaning to the point where it might be best for both parties to separate but for very different reasons to the two players above.

Sancho belongs nowhere in this conversation. Other than skin colour I see no correlation whatsoever and belongs more in a conversation with VDB.

The good thing is that only one of these ‘cancers’ is still at the club so obviously we are far far better off now that we have gotten rid of the ‘problems’.

Last edited:

renatosanches85

By you. I’ve never seen anybody else refer to these Particular players along those lines.

Personally I think all of these players had individual careers, individual high points and individual issues. I can’t think why you’d put them all in the same group. Very very strange.

Pogbas issues were the transfer fee, being the most expensive player in the world, and not living up to that. Not having a team structure that allowed him to play in a more advanced role or have a mobile DM to balance the midfield. Despite this he averaged a goal or assist every 175 mins he was on the pitch and his performances when judges in isolation, rather than through the prism of worlds most expensive, were up there with the best perfuming players every season bar his injury ravaged last season. He was picked by three managers 92% of all games he was available for. Injuries made it impossible to keep him at the end of his contract

Lingard was a very good squad player for us, a player SAF had kept an eye on. A person who, It seemed, took responsibility for a whole load outside of football which may have taken its toll. Up to that point he had gone from coming through the youth set up, playing regularly for England, scoring in world cups, winning trophies with United, scoring the winner in an FA cup final for united and a beauty at that, to being a very useful squad player. Once he lost his purpose he was let go. Doesn’t take away the fact that he had a much better career than the likes of Phil Jones and was consistently more useful and used than Juan Mata (an actual let down of a signing)

Rashford, similar to Lingard has been a big player for us. Scored some very very important goals. We don’t know what the issues are with Rashford but there very definitely are some. He claims to be very introverted which makes sense. He seems to struggle to handle pressure and to turn inwardly very often. I’m leaning to the point where it might be best for both parties to separate but for very different reasons to the two players above.

Sancho belongs nowhere in this conversation. Other than skin colour I see no correlation whatsoever and belongs more in a conversation with VDB.

The good thing is that only one of these ‘cancers’ is still at the club so obviously we are far far better off now that we have gotten rid of the ‘problems’.
I do think a lot of these players will ne remembered negatively as a group. What they have in common is they all joined for a lot of money and achieved very little. They’ll be remembered for choking in finals, losing 7-0 to Liverpool. Stats like having the most shots faced behind only the team that is on course to have the worst ever defensive record in the PL will be remembered by fans. A poisonous dressing room spitting out managers, playing for contracts. I will definitely not fondly remember many players from the last decade unfortunately

The Urban Goose

Liverpool's Spice Boys all have very good careers too, it's not a term that means they were rubbish but more that they underachieved because they had off pitch distractions at that particular time in Liverpool:

Fowler: 120 goals in 236 appearances for Liverpool.

McManamanamanaman: 272 appearances for Liverpool, a decent England career, won the Big Cup with Madrid twice.

Redknapp: 237 for Liverpool, 17 for England, won a few minor trophies.

James: 214 for Liverpool, 53 for England, PL team of the year twice.

McAteer: once asked for his pizza to be cut into four pieces rather than eight as he wasn't that hungry.

None of them were completely shit either. Well, except Jason "Phil Neville" McAteer.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
The obvious difference is that EtH banished Sancho from the squad while Terzic starts him. Everybody could see how well Sancho performed (or not) and there is little room for discussion about this, not even for Sancho. Terzic will start him again and show him he trusts him this way, which EtH did not. I'm not saying that what EtH did was unjustified, just that it's not really the same.
Starting a player who is letting him down.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

These players on stupid money have priced themselves out of the sport they once loved. They are stuck in limbo on too much wages and come with a shit load of drama. They are already financially secure for life so where is the motivation to do better?
When others are dreaming of going to the euros, they are dreaming of partying in Miami.....
Sport they loved?

I'd say they loved the idea of being a footballer (cars, money, parties, doing what you want) and he's been told he'll be a pro since the age of 13, having academy and scouts gas you up and bribe your family. He's likely been a millionaire from the age of 18. The game seems secondary to a lot of these players.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

Prediction:

He scores on his return debut, against some minnow.

Internet goes wild, memes, laughing at United.

He then quietly does feck all for the rest of the season and returns to United.
From the transfer thread.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
The Spice Boys biggest achievements were a UEFA Cup and a couple of domestic cups whilst never seriously challenging for the league despite ending up in the top 3 a couple of times. They are the absolute perfect comparison point.