5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
How many pl teams are faster or better than psg?
Obviously they have fast players but they definitely give you more time on the ball. It’s that speed of play I’m talking about.

userman

Having a great match tonight. He looks a lot better than he ever did for us, hopefully the form he’s now showing makes Dortmund (or someone else) sign him for a decent fee.

Dr. T

Watching Sancho for Dortmund is both eye opening and depressing. He NEVER played with anything like this level of urgency and commitment in his time at United, he just looked totally fecking rubbish for us and looks so up for it here. Also Sabitzer putting in an elite level MF performance.

so look - I don’t wanna see Sancho again at United. He had 80 games or so and just looked pathetic pretty much all the time, certainly for that price tag. But watching so many players succeed elsewhere after failing at United makes it so clear how fecked up our structure is.

I don’t think signing anyone will arrest what’s going on. Root and branch upheaval, proper footballing culture and youths and systems football seems far more important to us than signing another casemiro or mount or Antony (or even Hojlumd, Onana or Martinez). Maybe we could sign a DM; maybe a backup striker; but ultimately we should be getting a much better tune out of what we have at the club.

Its just absolutely bonkers to see Sancho play a pivotal role in a CL semi final after the travesty of his two years at United.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I personally don't rate him but the way we play is not meant for technical pass and move players. We bought a player without knowing what system he thrives in.
Do you think he is a better player than Antony? Do you think based on their qualities he is more likely to succeed in EPL than Antony?
Curious to hear what your opinion is.
He’s a better player than Antony. Neither are suited for us imo.

Sancho might look ok at City but he’d still not be a standout.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Obviously they have fast players but they definitely give you more time on the ball. It’s that speed of play I’m talking about.
Yet City and Arsenal were already knocked out in CL this season. PSG and BVB are in semi-final.

E-mal

I can’t See Wilcox wanting to sell him either, he was his under 18 coach, ironically Sabitzer as CM/8 looks miles better than Amrabat, Eriksen or Casemiro with his engine, never understood getting rid of him and Fred when we could have had both for £5m more than Amrabat’s loan fee!
Sabitzer is not really the answer even though he is better than Amrabat.

SER19

I don't think he has to be a winger, more like an inside forward behind a striker. like a RAM or LAM position. the fullback such as a Dalot creates width.
In any case. He's been typical sancho as far as i can see. TNT commentators talking like he's zidane vs brazil. I think people like the comeback story better than the truth. We should sell him asap.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Yet City and Arsenal were already knocked out in CL this season. PSG and BVB are in semi-final.
I fail to see the point you’re making with that one? Teams losing knockout games has no correlation with how fast the pace of their domestic league is.

Rasmus_9

Ironically, Sancho is the perfect ETH style winger. He’d have fit beautifully into his Ajax team. Really not sure what went wrong with him at United.

UnitedRepublic

In any case. He's been typical sancho as far as i can see. TNT commentators talking like he's zidane vs brazil. I think people like the comeback story better than the truth. We should sell him asap.
Typical Sancho is what a dream Antony performance is to be honest.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
How would you suggest that we use him? Because we played him on the right, left, 10 and false 9. Never once for us has he shown the amount of effort for Man United as he showed in any game for Dortmund this year.
You give him people to play off and options as well as an overlapper, and you definitely don't leave him isolated or in the throes of chaos where he doesn't have the athleticism to keep up.

If you want an isolated marvel, Sancho should never be on your list as opposed to the likes of Dembele and that type of player who have made a career out of that style of play.

matsdf

if i was watching this tonight, on the lookout for a winger for united, sancho wouldnt have made me interested.
Feck off or get your glasses then. This is exactly the player we signed

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Think that first half performance was a little overhyped/overblown but he’s definitely been even better this half. Getting the better of mendes whenever they’re isolated 1v1 out wide. Should have had an assist as well

Last edited:

Zed is not dead

I don't think he's playing much differently than he did for United. Some quick feet to get away from pressing defenders. Then a lot of sideways passing and dribbling.

He's been ok, but BT's coverage want you to think he's having a worldie.
Quite agree.

he might have dribbled a lot, but those are sideways or backwards. He put only 1 or 2 crosses inside the box when they have a giant of a striker up top.

To me he’s playing a bit like he did at United. Nice bits of skills, waiting for the overlap, sometimes he cuts inside the box. But also he looks gassed after 65minutes and still no end product.

binary bot
The terrible transfer record made us too obsessive over individual players.

We treat every half decent player with a shred of talent like they're one of one.

We'll be mad not to get rid when the stock is high. As bad as ETH has been, it'd be another win for the players if he's here next season.

E-mal

He’s a better player than Antony. Neither are suited for us imo.

Sancho might look ok at City but he’d still not be a standout.
This idea of wanting to have players that standout in a team sport is the reason why our players play the way they do.
No idea about playing as a team and everyone out for himself. People hardly make unselfish runs and don't ever pick a third man run
Sancho will be good in a team that respects possession.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
we all voted for brexit and yet here we are stuck with a sub-par brazilian import whilst weve sent are best british beef to feed on saurkraut.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Quite agree.

he might have dribbled a lot, but those are sideways or backwards. He put only 1 or 2 crosses inside the box when they have a giant of a striker up top.

To me he’s playing a bit like he did at United. Nice bits of skills, waiting for the overlap, sometimes he cuts inside the box. But also he looks gassed after 65minutes and still no end product.
Yeah this is not dissimilar to any of his better games at Utd but for some reason now some are losing their minds about him.

He’s weak-willed. The manager gave him 6 months off in the middle of a season to get his head right and then he couldn’t even handle his training levels being questioned. He used to muddle about in games slowing the pace down, beating a man only to come backwards and just pass it inside. He was tepid.

No shit he’s gotten himself up for a CL semi but he’s not someone you want playing for you every week in the Prem. We saw it for over 2 years ffs.

Lewnited

When you look at the football we've played as a team since 2014, it's hardly surprising that attacking players seldom shine beyond the odd freakish and unsustainable run.

Good on Sancho for tonight, but my real concern here is that we haven't been a team built for quality attacking performances for the best part of 15 years now.

Edit: I think dressing up Sancho's issues here (and the issues of many other players) as a mentality problem actually absolves the club of the responsibility it should be carrying - which is to find a way to get the best out of the multi-million pound assets we regularly splurge on

Zoo

Played well but PSG are having one of their clown nights so won’t get too carried away.

Yakuza_devils

It's not always the player's fault. We didn't get a good enough manager post SAF. We have ruined many good players who after joining us the form gone to shit.

Remember under SAF we can win the PL with Cleverly in MF, OShea utilities player, Park Jisung and the likes.

SER19

I can't remember a single game Sancho beat his man as much as he's done tonight. So no not "typical Sancho"
its been pretty typical. if this is the standard we're aiming to upgrade to, then our expectations are pretty low. there's been a predictable collective overreaction every time he has done anything thats basically expected of an attacking player. goal, assist, or a few dribbkes, the bar is so low for him for some reason. As I said, expect a combiation of a comeback story, and some ten hag animosity drives the over reacting. People forget he was truly woeful under solskjaer too. Just an ordinary player

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
It's not always the player's fault. We didn't get a good enough manager post SAF. We have ruined many good players who after joining us the form gone to shit.

Remember under SAF we can win the PL with Cleverly in MF, OShea utilities player, Park Jisung and the likes.
Park put in more effort in any given five minute spell than Sancho has managed during his entire time at the club.

Bobski

If he had played like this at Utd he would have been our best attacker by miles and a key player.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Watching Sancho for Dortmund is both eye opening and depressing. He NEVER played with anything like this level of urgency and commitment in his time at United, he just looked totally fecking rubbish for us and looks so up for it here. Also Sabitzer putting in an elite level MF performance.

so look - I don’t wanna see Sancho again at United. He had 80 games or so and just looked pathetic pretty much all the time, certainly for that price tag. But watching so many players succeed elsewhere after failing at United makes it so clear how fecked up our structure is.

I don’t think signing anyone will arrest what’s going on. Root and branch upheaval, proper footballing culture and youths and systems football seems far more important to us than signing another casemiro or mount or Antony (or even Hojlumd, Onana or Martinez). Maybe we could sign a DM; maybe a backup striker; but ultimately we should be getting a much better tune out of what we have at the club.

Its just absolutely bonkers to see Sancho play a pivotal role in a CL semi final after the travesty of his two years at United.
Poor coaching and lack of identity.

Hammondo

When you look at the football we've played as a team since 2014, it's hardly surprising that attacking players seldom shine beyond the odd freakish and unsustainable run.

Good on Sancho for tonight, but my real concern here is that we haven't been a team built for quality attacking performances for the best part of 15 years now.
Honestly think we are so far behind modern football that everything is a struggle.

Zed is not dead

Yeah this is not dissimilar to any of his better games at Utd but for some reason now some are losing their minds about him.

He’s weak-willed. The manager gave him 6 months off in the middle of a season to get his head right and then he couldn’t even handle his training levels being questioned. He used to muddle about in games slowing the pace down, beating a man only to come backwards and just pass it inside. He was tepid.

No shit he’s gotten himself up for a CL semi but he’s not someone you want playing for you every week in the Prem. We saw it for over 2 years ffs.
I mean he’s having a good game, but that’s it, just a good game.

Both United fans and the media expect more from him whenever he wears the United shirt.

Now it’s partly our fault because we expected him to be a player he’s not, and partly his fault because he didn’t showcase the kind of attitude necessary to win over the fans

lost7

He's looking unbelievable tonight, but nah ship him away. Don't care, he's had his chances

Hammondo

I mean he’s having a good game, but that’s it, just a good game.

Both United fans and the media expect more from him whenever he wears the United shirt.

Now it’s partly our fault because we expected him to be a player he’s not, and partly his fault because he didn’t showcase the kind of attitude necessary to win over the fans
Well we always want a lot of individualism.