g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Jadon Sancho image 25

Jadon Sancho England flag

2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

He's been in great form the last few games but I never want to see him in a United shirt. He gave up. I don't care if Ten Hag was the problem, people put way too much stock in who the manager is. The shirt means more. The shirt means you put in 100%. Hating the manager shouldn't affect that and it blows my mind that this generation allows it to happen. We bring him back even under a different manager, then what stops him doing it again if he doesn't like the next one?

I hate Jamie Carragher but he said it didn't matter who the manager was he was giving his all for his team.

gza the genius

I'm not going to fact check this but I just saw a tweet that said since moving to Dortmund he has 3 goals and 2 assists which is exactly the same as Antony has had in that time period. I appreciate Dortmund hyping him up though, maybe it'll help fetch us a decent fee for once.

CtrlAltDeLigt

Media houses are hyping Sancho to drive United memes up.

He would always excel, be effective in a style where you have space to run, pull off a skill and dribble, and be a little lax in tracking back.

Premier league football on the other end, is the exact opposite. No discredit to him, but you need to be a cut above the rest in all aspects of the game if you have to play, not just physically, but mentally too.

The PL challenge is a different beast at this moment, with well drilled teams, that will bite your hand off for a point, just to ensure the crazy monetary benefits involved. You need to be a top level professional, not just a cool baller to make it here.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
A lot of bitterness in here tbh
Understandable when a player signed for and paid huge money, lacks intensity, trains poorly and disobeys the boss. I am very wary of taking this performance as a sign of things to come should we take him back, as the last thing we need is a 300K p/w performing like a 25K p/w one. Once you get into that cycle it’s hard to get out.

lex talionis

If we can sort out the manager problem and get 75m for Rashford, there's a place for Sancho at Old Trafford. Or we can ride it out with Antony and hope he someday comes good.

padzilla

Hipster
Good news for us as we might get a higher fee when we sell him. Bringing him would be madness and send out a massive signal that the players are still the ones calling the shots. He's fundamentally not suited to the Premier League.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Very nice and humble on that fun little drunk Carra interview on CBS.

Seems like he had a good performance. Good for him!

Cloud7

Still don’t want him back but it’s good that these performances are generating so much hype. Makes it easier for us to get a good fee for him in the summer hopefully

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
Looks much fitter at Dortmund.
Do we have shit fitness coaches and dietitians?

Sgreddevil

I just watched the highlights of him for the game. He kept the ball well, played with good intensity and asked for ball. Tried to take on some defenders.
Honestly I thought that was the minimum what a 300k/wk player should perform for everyday if they are not contributing to goals/assists directly.
I thought the media overhyped his performance. Probably because he had set such a low bar at united that anything decent looks breaking.
I won't want him back at the club even after yesterday's performance.

redNATION

He couldn’t cut it mentally or physically in the PL, very different from one off cup games especially against players who don’t seem to track back consistently like PL teams. It’s telling that City didn’t regret letting him go, they have a good eye for this type of thing.

Yakuza_devils

Why are most of us insisting that Sancho is the problem? Perhaps, Man Utd bear more responsibility? Many good players came to us and within 1 or 2 years the form gone south quickly. This is just not one off. How many players we signed post SAF work out very well?

Many ex-pros and pundits saw his CL semi final performance yesterday and was full of praise. Perhaps under new football structure here he could works?

padzilla

Hipster
Media desperate to have a pop at United are hyping up Sancho as a modern day Maradona now when he's got the same number of goals and assists and Antony, difference being the Bundesliga is like shooting fish in a barrel for two or three teams.

Sylar

If we can get anywhere close to 40m that's fantastic. His wages are an issue though unless he takes a cut to leave l

Bondi77

Great to see him in a happy mood and enjoying his football again.
He is obviously worth more to Dortmund then he is to us and I hope that is reflected in their bid to buy him once his loan comes to an end.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
If we can sort out the manager problem and get 75m for Rashford, there's a place for Sancho at Old Trafford. Or we can ride it out with Antony and hope he someday comes good.
Nah, he can feck off

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
I don’t see Dortmund having over 50m to spend on him? They probably have priorities in other positions too. If he puts in another good performance in the 2nd leg then maybe PSG will fancy taking him to replace Mbappe. I’d rather PSG bought Rashford though. Aslong as ETH remains here then I don’t think sancho does.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Did he really play well or it's just hype because he completed 9-10 dribbles?

fps

Sancho had players around him, runners which meant he could pick a pass, play one-twos, and this meant the defenders had to focus on more than just him, giving him that split second to get away from his man. He was sensational.

Man Utd aren’t set up for him to play well, and being away from England and lower profile probably helps him too. Let’s sell him to Dortmund for a healthy fee and let him live his life.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
It was probably his best game since his return to Dortmund. This performance is rightfully claimed.

And also the number of completed dribbles apparently was the highest in a CL semifinal since Messi in 2008, so that's a special stat anyway.

Bondi77

I don’t see Dortmund having over 50m to spend on him? They probably have priorities in other positions too. If he puts in another good performance in the 2nd leg then maybe PSG will fancy taking him to replace Mbappe. I’d rather PSG bought Rashford though. Aslong as ETH remains here then I don’t think sancho does.
Sancho to replace Mbappe?????
That is gold! :lol: :lol:

pascell

Some of y'all need to soak this in..... Applies to many more than Sancho. I've been saying this for a while now.... The reaction on here and online to players off form and/or going thru off pitch stuff just bellies a misunderstanding of people, players, others.... and sometimes a callousness too

Never a great look
So we shouldn't criticise performances incase we damage someone's mental health?

gorky_utd

Naah. Legit looked good. Could have one or more assist easily. He doesn't have top speed but extremely good in tight spaces. Bvb knows how to use him which is a player is always available for passing games.

saivet

He played very well. The first half was a little mixed. He showed an eagerness to get involved and had a few nice moments but he was also a bit sloppy in possession.

He was brilliant in the 2nd half though and was quite clearly the best performance of any attacker yesterday.

mikeyt

I'm glad his form is improving. It means we either push the price up or he comes back, hopefully in a better mindset and better physical shape and maybe just maybe he could have a career here but he'll need to do a hell of a lot more than have one decent game. He still has a huge amount to prove.

I'm just not convinced he wants to be at United even if we did try to bring him back under a new manager.

DJ_21

Sancho to replace Mbappe?????
That is gold! :lol: :lol:
Well they ain’t gonna get a like for like replacement. Ramos, Dembele and Muani replaced Messi and Neymar ffs. Enriques moved away from superstar signings.

DJ_21

Which is quite likely no?
Going of recent reports most likely not. There saying it will cost too much to sack him and hire a top manager as the manager we want is probably already at a club. There’s no point just picking any manager who’s free for the sake of. If there’s no good alternatives available then ETH gets another season due to that.

Bondi77

Well they ain’t gonna get a like for like replacement. Ramos, Dembele and Muani replaced Messi and Neymar ffs. Enriques moved away from superstar signings.
At least the French league should be competitive again then for the first time in many years.

DJ_21

At least the French league should be competitive again then for the first time in many years.
Ye it would make it better and more entertaining but PSG still have a lot more spending power than the rest of the league which makes it unfair. Should put a spending cap on teams where it’s usually 1 team that dominates.

Red00012

I can see clubs putting in bids for him and it is a good time to cash in. I hope the management and the new manager decide to sell him. I believe most of his transfer fee can be recoup with his performance in the champion league. Hope this becomes and bidding war for clubs who wants a shinny new toy maybe PSG, one of the Italian clubs as well as Saudis's comes calling.
There’ll be no bidding war he’s on insane wages at Utd . Also there is little to no chance we recoup what we spent on him

Dr. StrangeHate

I am reading everywhere that he had a great match. This has probably been said many times in this thread but this is the highest his stock is going to be. Best possible time to sell him as we can't have a person with his attitude in the team.

TheGame

Jadon Sancho for Dortmund across all competitions, 17 appearance, 3 goals, 2 assists. Let's not fecking pretend after one good performance he's been tearing it up. He played well yesterday and all credit to him but after 3 seasons at United and this season at Dortmund, aside from a few glimpses, he has failed to live up to expectations. I still hoped he would sort out his issues with ETH and come good but it's clear unless he apologises, he should be moved on in the summer.

Dortmund have also dropped out of the UCL places in the league and are lucky they get the extra spot this season.