Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
They would have been in semi regardless of him. But Id have to say The Simpsons tattoo might finally do its magic in CL final. If he scores the winning goal then we will be looking at around 100 million pounds sale.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Varane, Casemiro, Ibra, Pogba, Cristiano, Varane have all far outperformed Sancho at United. I'm not sure you watch United if you're comparing them to how Sancho has played for us. Also, out of all of those players mentioned only Di Maria, Pogba and Sancho joined United in their prime.

I'm not expecting Sancho to somehow drag us into a ucl winning team, our team is bad so it's normal for a player to come and not be as good as he was at his previous successful team but there's performing to a minimum acceptable level that Sancho hasn't reached. He's being outperformed by a 18 year old kid (that imo isn't even that good). Ronaldo came at 38 and scored 30 in all comps. All those players mentioned despite not being as good as they were earlier with their previous club were at least performing to a level where they were accepted in the starting 11 (maybe only Sanchez wasn't), Sancho has been so bad he's not even been better than an 18 year old academy product.
It doesn't really matter to me who has been shittier, fact of the matter is you got them all underperforming. International serial winners from other top leagues, EPL proven star players from domestic rivals, promising young talents from all over the world, good value for money transfers in their mid 20s with a record for good work ethic. Could all be unrelated issues or there is something with the current culture at the club that got them all underperforming.

That aside, I thought Sancho was much better for you in the games I watched than given credit for.

Roboc7

If a player has flopped for three years and he’s costing you money to play for someone else, you really shouldn’t be dumb enough to bring him back based on a few good games. The most likely outcome is he’ll be shit again if he comes back.

Take a decent offer if you can get it, get the wages off the books (again if possible). If he goes somewhere else and does well who cares as you can bring in someone else. But if you get lumbered with him and are loaning him out again it’s just repeating the same mistake and is a big financial burden.

Teja

Take a decent offer if you can get it, get the wages off the books (again if possible).
My guess is they'll say here's €30M and we need to tell them to feck off after that. I'd be happy with €50-60M.

RoyH1

If a player has flopped for three years and he’s costing you money to play for someone else, you really shouldn’t be dumb enough to bring him back based on a few good games. The most likely outcome is he’ll be shit again if he comes back.

Take a decent offer if you can get it, get the wages off the books (again if possible). If he goes somewhere else and does well who cares as you can bring in someone else. But if you get lumbered with him and are loaning him out again it’s just repeating the same mistake and is a big financial burden.
This. He's not going to turn it around here even if ETH is gone so the best we can do is cash in on him and get those wages of the books.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It seems that people are only focusing on Sancho being dropped after the tweet forgetting that this is a guy we gave time to get himself sorted and he came with the same pathetic lack of intensity and fight.

NoPace

Dortmund obviously won’t pay more than £30m because they simply cannot afford it. Has nothing to do with his quality, it’s just a nature of Bundesliga and its budget. Premier League is the only league in the world where non-top teams will pay £40m+ for footballers.
I don't want him on account of his bigoted posts , but there's a lot of footballing logic in a deal like Sancho for N'Mecha and 15M or so. He lived in Manchester as a City academy kid, has been a bust at Dortmund and would give us some athleticism in midfield.

AneRu

This. He's not going to turn it around here even if ETH is gone so the best we can do is cash in on him and get those wages of the books.
True, Sancho's issue has never been lack of talent - we know how good he can be that's why we paid big money for him. The issue is he doesn't have the fight in him to turn things around when things don't go his way and that will always happen. The hope is that he has a blinder in Paris and they bite so that we get a decent fee for him because he is never cutting it in this league.

lex talionis

If our choice was to sell Antony or Sancho, provided we have a new manager of course, I'd sell Antony every single time. Antony has his virtues (tenacity off the ball, but no end product with the ball), but I've literally never seen him put in anything close to the kind of performance we saw from Sancho last night, which was routine for him during his prior stint at Dortmund.

United were a dumpster fire of a club when we brought in Sancho. INEOS promises to sort out shit out and we shall about that, but if we are to believe that we will be properly run as a club and the squad properly managed, Sancho > Antony.

That said, there's something about Amad that makes me believe he could do the job at RW. He's done more with the few minutes he's been given than Antony and Sancho during their entire tenure at Old Trafford. If we could bring in 90m between selling both of them -- 150m if we sell Rashford as well, we could bring in the Casemiro replacement we desperately need and start controlling midfield again, which will make life much easier for both wingers. And of course we need another striker, but this is a Sancho thread so I'll leave it at that.

Borussia Teeth

I would like to see him linking up with Amad and Mainoo. I think they could play some great stuff together

EliotTheRed

So he’s had one good performance on TV, the expert pundits are creaming over him and there are articles on how great he is. It’s almost like the experts don’t watch any domestic football at all and the previous 3 years of poor performances and effort are completely forgotten.

Is this roughly the truth with him?

Oranges038

Been thinking about this.There's no doubt Sancho is a talented player.

I get the feeling he's a player that will play well when he feels he has a point to prove, left England and went to Dortmund at a young age. He had to prove it was the right move and he did.

Got his big money move to Utd and just put his feet up, job done, what does he have to prove now? He's made it, getting 300k a week for doing fcuk all. Nice.

Gets booted back to Dortmund and all of a sudden he maybe has a point to prove again. He starts showing glimpses of what he's capable of, puts in a decent showing in a CL semi final and everyone all of a sudden forgets he basically did nothing in a Utd short for the 2 years before that.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It's pretty simple to me, ETH mishandled the situation. We can argue about how well Sancho responded, but better managers manage the feck out of this and it ends without even being a news story. All handled behind closed doors, and we move on....

Called this back then tbf...

Robertd0803

So he’s had one good performance on TV, the expert pundits are creaming over him and there are articles on how great he is. It’s almost like the experts don’t watch any domestic football at all and the previous 3 years of poor performances and effort are completely forgotten.

Entirely true.

Yakuza_devils

It's a CL Semi MOTM performance which we as a club failed to reach for more than a decade. Also, he outshined Mbappe in the game. Not "just one good performance on a TV". How many players able to do that?

Adz_99

People who want him back must have amnesia because this guy spent 3 years hiding from the ball and failing to dribble past anybody in England.

His united career is about as memorable as Morgan Schneiderlin or Obertans.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Funny how a single game where he looked world class and magically he is amazing and its United that mis-managed him and he is wonderful 100% of the time. If he was anonymous yesterday, no one would be writing "what happened to Sancho, hes been so amazing since going back to Dortmund".

Its just the standard "we can write about someone associated with United and get loads of rage engagement".

He played brilliantly last night. Was a joy to watch. I'm sure most of us wish he could play like that for us. He can't. He didn't and he won't in all likelihood no matter who the manager is. He had loads of time and space last night to operate and he thrived. He didn't get that at United and in the PL and he struggled, and he doesn't like to struggle.

We need to be careful about bringing him back under a new manager because we have had this issue for years now. "Maybe the next manager will get the most out of X" and suddenly we have had a player at the club 5 years, given them a bumper new contract and are stuck with them for the next few years with zero resale value.
Im not sure. It looked to me like he was going to have a really good season in preseason and then the manager dropped him and laid into him. Before then he looked and sounded hungry to play more but the manager wasn’t happy with his training. I understand why the manager kicked him out but I also think he would have been much better for us this season if he’d eventually been played into some kind of form. It seems to possibly have had a knock on with Rashford too. I don’t know. It’s just a massive waste, he's a good player but he needs to train better and focus if he wants to be great. The manager isn’t wrong to demand that of him. Under INEOS it probably wont even be the manager telling players they have to leave anymore anyway.

El Jefe

How are people that didn’t watch the game but saw highlights downplaying the performance? He was excellent especially in the second half, I don’t know why some are getting triggered by that.

If you don’t like him and don’t want him back under any circumstances just say that but underselling how well he played in a CL semi final just looks silly especially as we couldn’t even handle the pressure of an easy group.

FootballAI

Sancho was clear MoTM in the 1st Semi, anyone else that might be 2nd was not even close. He seems to be a big match performer, that's why we spent so much to get him since our recruiters were too lazy and only watched the big matches versus regular league format. Whether we sell him or take him back, this is very good for us either way. Sancho is still quite young, we might recoup most of our investment with the sale

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
How are people that didn’t watch the game but saw highlights downplaying the performance? He was excellent especially in the second half, I don’t know why some are getting triggered by that.

If you don’t like him and don’t want him back under any circumstances just say that but underselling how well he played in a CL semi final just looks silly especially as we couldn’t even handle the pressure of an easy group.
Fair enough

I don't like him because he sat on his ass for 3 months not giving a feck about this club, instead of apologizing for stupid tweet. And yes, I don't want him back under any circumstances.

He did play very well and I am very happy for that. Hopefully that helps sell him so we can buy the footballers we actually need.

MexicanCowboy

Supports
Barcelona
I really like him. It's a shame we are broke, but 30-40 million would be fair for him.

moodyred

Mentally weak, a cry baby. A disruption to the club. That's how I remember him. We should get rid of him asap.

OT_United

Understand
Going of recent reports most likely not. There saying it will cost too much to sack him and hire a top manager as the manager we want is probably already at a club. There’s no point just picking any manager who’s free for the sake of. If there’s no good alternatives available then ETH gets another season due to that.
There are a fair few available that are better than ETH. United can’t afford to have another season as bad as this.

sugar_kane

If we bring him back we deserve another ten years of mediocrity. He's shown that he has massive attitude and discipline problems, has no respect for the manager (Ten Hag or whoever else crosses him in the future) and only turns up to games when he fancies it.

He's like a more extreme case of Pogba, except less talented and with added discipline issues. Immense talent isn't enough to override those issues and there are very few examples where players have shown themselves up in this way and then gone on to great things.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Just been watching his highlights from last night, and he had only a few moments where he looked decent. His body language looks better and he seems to want to be involved (more than when playing for us), but he's not doing anything a £75m+ winger should be doing. One tackle, a couple of good dribbles, skipped past his man on the outside twice, a cross that Fulkrug should have scored, and a tidy through ball. Good but not overly exciting.

He's got talent, but needs to show it more regularly in every game. I don't believe he's too slow for the PL, I just don't think he was motivated enough to do what was expected of him.
He could quite easily have had 2 assists in a CL Semi, with a MOTM performance against strong opposition to go with it. That's exactly what you want from a £75m winger.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I don't know why all our managers (Ole, Ralf and Erik) were reluctant to play him on the right. His best performances are when he plays on the right wing.
I do hope that we will resolve this situation and that he will play for us next season.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
If we bring him back we deserve another ten years of mediocrity. He's shown that he has massive attitude and discipline problems, has no respect for the manager (Ten Hag or whoever else crosses him in the future) and only turns up to games when he fancies it.

He's like a more extreme case of Pogba, except less talented and with added discipline issues. Immense talent isn't enough to override those issues and there are very few examples where players have shown themselves up in this way and then gone on to great things.
I highly doubt he wants to go back to the United at the current state. He has the big fat contract so he can either go on loan again next season, or leave for another club if there is a buyer, and United pays the difference in salary.

lex talionis

I’d sell the guy every single time who doesn’t even want to fight to be here.
If we are to believe our eyes, the entire squad has performed poorly this season with the notable exceptions of Garnacho and Mainoo, who have exceeded all reasonable expectations. But they are lone exceptions in a squad that has, to varying degrees, come up far short of what was expected of them.

It can’t be an amazing coincidence.

CasaStreets

It's a CL Semi MOTM performance which we as a club failed to reach for more than a decade. Also, he outshined Mbappe in the game. Not "just one good performance on a TV". How many players able to do that?
It literally is one good performance

He’s been mediocre since going back

He was worse than mediocre for us

Even more damming, he lacked effort, rarely tracked back, and had zero fight on the pitch. Infuriating player to watch and a cultural virus at the club, player power personified

This guy needs to get out ASAP. Out of every transfer decision we need to make this summer - he’s the most clear cut for me

EliotTheRed

I’m not questioning the stage or competition, just asking if this is the norm or the exception since joining Dortmund.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
I’m not questioning the stage or competition, just asking if this is the norm or the exception since joining Dortmund.
I'd say it's neither. Since joining he slowly got better integrated in the team, got visibly more confident and overall looked like getting into form again. The numbers are still lacking, but nonetheless he is creating more and more chances, is more often involved than when he joined. So it's not a surprising exception but shows his development and return to form. In general he is Dortmund's smartest player under pressure in the final third and Dortmund's team is learning to rely on that again to keep the ball instead of brainlessly giving it away.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
It didn't work here, hope he keeps performing and we get a good price for him.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer

It is all a master plan by Ineos to trick club into bidding 50m plus