Jadon Sancho | First player in Bundesliga history to score 25 goals before his 20th birthday

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
We have the biggest talent from the 2001 English generation. It would be great to have 2000's biggest talent in Sancho. It wasn't that long ago where Gomes was seen in the same tier as Foden and Sancho.
Sancho, Foden, Mount, Gomes, Greenwood, Nelson, ESR, Saka, etc. to go along with Rashford, Gomez, TAA, etc.

England have some big talents making or about to make their name.

Last edited:

NYAS

Nonsense. If City think they can realistically buy Sancho back from Dortmund, they'd be stupid not to do so.
They’d be stupid not to, but what I said isn’t nonsense. It’s very true that they really care about their public perception.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
No idea why you're being sarcastic.

Dortmund have a side that can win the league, especially considering how Bayern are struggling to replace Robben and Ribery. Sancho is a crucial part of their team and he hasn't expressed a desire to leave while Dortmund have made it clear they won't entertain offers for him this year. They've shown in the past that they are happy to stand firm, like with Lewa. Dembele and Mkhi forced their transfers.

You seriously think if the likes of Barcelona, Real Madrid, even Bayern come calling that Sancho will stay?

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
You seriously think if the likes of Barcelona, Real Madrid, even Bayern come calling that Sancho will stay?
It would be a very big surprise if Dortmund were to sell one of their key players this late into the window, next summer could be a different story of course.

K13

Next summer after a good season and a good euro 2020 and he could be a 200m player given the way transfer fees are going.
Very true but lots of challenges for him to negotiate before then.

Second season syndrome for starters and then trying to get a starting England place as at the moment Kane, Rashford and Sterling are the obvious picks. There is also Hudson Odoi who is also highly rated and looking for a starting place once he returns from injury.

Massively good news for us England fans though.

knot_buzz

He was very wasteful in the first half gave the ball away alot.

Nice assist and goal in the second.

100% a Chelsea player in the Summer unless we bring in someone that can make him believe the future is bright for United a la Mourinho with Pogba.

Shame, just feels like such a United player. We'll be shopping in 2nd or 3rd tier though after this season if we carry on this ridiculous experiment.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
100% a Chelsea player in the Summer unless we bring in someone that can make him believe the future is bright for United a la Mourinho with Pogba.

Shame, just feels like such a United player. We'll be shopping in 2nd or 3rd tier though after this season if we carry on this ridiculous experiment.
So basically he’s ‘100% a Chelsea player’ unless another club convinced him to join them. So dramatic.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I think by all reports United & Chelsea are/have been the front runners no?
If reports are correct, he’ll be a Chelsea player next season.

Nothing dramatic about that.
If the reports you choose to believe are correct, that is. There are obviously some that you have read/heard, that you have chosen not to believe, probably down to your own insecurities about your club at the moment. We’ll see what happens.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
I think Real will sign either Sancho or Mbappe. They probably prefer the latter but might not be able to get him this summer.

Bondi77

Cannot see Chelsea buying him when they have Pulisic and Hudson Odoi who was the better player when Sancho was in England.
I cannot see how a player of his age and his good form is only in the German league can be rated as a 100mil player,
Yet again a player that is hyped up.

Valencia's Left Foot

Supports
Austin FC, USMNT, Three Lions

Shopping in the 2nd or 3rd tier bin while desperately paying 1st tier prices, the United way. Sancho is the type of signing that we absolutely need.

Valencia's Left Foot

Supports
Austin FC, USMNT, Three Lions
So basically he’s ‘100% a Chelsea player’ unless another club convinced him to join them. So dramatic.
Agreed. No one knows a damn thing about where he's going, but that wont stop the CAF from soiling itself.

As you have said yourself, there are two front runners in the race according to the reports. You seem to have turned that to one.
Confused now Roz.

My only point was, if there are 2 front runners, as widely reported, us and Chelsea, then Chelsea had flown streets ahead of us in the line now due to this season and our management situation.

Dramatic? I don’t know how.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
If the reports you choose to believe are correct, that is. There are obviously some that you have read/heard, that you have chosen not to believe, probably down to your own insecurities about your club at the moment. We’ll see what happens.
I know the press where I am is not the same as in England (don't have the toxicity and made up stories) but I work with sports reporters and the things I hear at the workplace and what gets printed is not the same. I reckon less than half about what's going on gets reported on. If you start reporting on everything you lose contacts which is why I don't believe a single word that media such as the Daily Mail, Mirror or Sun print.

NJM78

I will bet my house, bank balance and testes that he does not sign for this shit circus.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Indeed. it makes you wonder what would happen to some members of our fanbase if they were left alone with sharp objects, they seem to revel in self loathing

Ban

Better that he doesn't come cause it wouldn't take long for the He doesn't deserve this posts to appear.

In Rainbows

Goal or assist every 62 minutes this season, 1.46 goals and assists per 90.
People contemplating whether he'll bring that sort of production to English football, need to look at the big picture. He doesn't have to replicate those stats. He already has 14 goals and 15 assists at this point in the season. He's 19. He will improve if he does come over anyways and I'll be happy if he produces half of his stats over here. That's 7 goals and 8 assists at this point in the season as a 19 year old if you were to halve his record. Better than 22 year old James who has 3 goals and 7 assists.

Apply that half the record and that's close to prime Nani.

LVGSdive

Clearly a must buy player. Hope those who felt we shouldn't because of James see sense now.
Sancho is exactly the type of player this team is dying for. He would make the forward passes when his team mate makes a forward run. Instead of checking back inside and passing it sideways.

Unfortunately, I do see him ending up at Real in the summer.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Sancho is exactly the type of player this team is dying for. He would make the forward passes when his team mate makes a forward run. Instead of checking back inside and passing it sideways.

Unfortunately, I do see him ending up at Real in the summer.
To be fair, it seems to be a default setting to assume every top player is going to Real Madrid, regardless of whether they have even been linked with the player or not.

It seems the ultimate compliment you can play a footballer or something. You can speculate about where a player goes all the time, but then there is a level a player reaches where people just start assuming they will ‘go to Real or Barca’.

I mean, why can you see him ending up at Real? Media reports? Any indication he may want to go to Spain? Or just because he’s really good?

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
To be fair, it seems to be a default setting to assume every top player is going to Real Madrid, regardless of whether they have even been linked with the player or not.

It seems the ultimate compliment you can play a footballer or something. You can speculate about where a player goes all the time, but then there is a level a player reaches where people just start assuming they will ‘go to Real or Barca’.

I mean, why can you see him ending up at Real? Media reports? Any indication he may want to go to Spain? Or just because he’s really good?
Because 'galactico' and its offshoot being that players and fans are conditioned to this line of thinking that once a player hits a certain level of performance, he 'qualifies' and awakens the sleeping tap up beast that is Real Madrid, which isn't a departure from what actually happens.

The only time they don't interfere is when they have talent for the position, but when it's time to recycle, they'll throw out what they have and start their usual process of unsettling and then moving in for whoever it is.

So there are fair grounds for the line of thinking people have as Madrid are as regular as clockwork with it.

Last edited:

Tonicruise

Supports
FC Bayern
Sterling/Sancho thats a scary winger combo for England gonna be real intresting so see them this Euro i feel they have the greatest chance of winning in a long time. Knowing England though i'm sure they will find a way to bottle it.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Sterling/Sancho thats a scary winger combo for England gonna be real intresting so see them this Euro i feel they have the greatest chance of winning in a long time. Knowing England though i'm sure they will find a way to bottle it.
Kane being rushed back half fit will be our undoing.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Shades of Rooney in 2006
I honestly don't know why managers keep doing it with players, the only player I can ever recall it working with is Kante, and even then there were implications further down the line (aggravating his injury).

I will genuinely turn against Southgate if he does it, there's not just general history with players to go by in this case, there's history with the player himself (CL final the main one) to show him in no uncertain terms rushing Harry back will be a disaster.

0le

I honestly don't know why managers keep doing it with players, the only player I can ever recall it working with is Kante, and even then there were implications further down the line (aggravating his injury).

I will genuinely turn against Southgate if he does it, there's not just general history with players to go by in this case, there's history with the player himself (CL final the main one) to show him in no uncertain terms rushing Harry back will be a disaster.
I am more concerned they will rush back Rashford tbh. Back injuries can become lifelong issues.