Jadon Sancho (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomaldinho1

Possibly? But it's hard to say when they've never played outside of Germany. We thought Sweinstiger would improve us, he was fecking rubbish and super slow. Sabitzer was supposed to be a good player, Havertz was tearing it up in Germany, Werner was scoring for fun. And lest we forget Sancho...
Schweini came here when he was about to retire - for every fail there'll be a success though (Haaland, Bailey, KDB, Son etc.)

crossy1686

career ending
Schweini came here when he was about to retire - for every fail there'll be a success though (Haaland, Bailey, KDB, Son etc.)
You could add Berbatov as well I guess. But there are less players that succeed, and the one's like Bailey took 12 months under very little pressure to adapt, same for Son. They don't get that luxury at United, they have to play right away and they have to be good.

tomaldinho1

You could add Berbatov as well I guess. But there are less players that succeed, and the one's like Bailey took 12 months under very little pressure to adapt, same for Son. They don't get that luxury at United, they have to play right away and they have to be good.
We've just had a couple of duds, I think BL generally produces good players but our managers/scouts if any anything have always underestimated the pace of our own league (Kagawa, Mkhi, Sancho)

crossy1686

career ending
We've just had a couple of duds, I think BL generally produces good players but our managers/scouts if any anything have always underestimated the pace of our own league (Kagawa, Mkhi, Sancho)
They were good players in Germany though, which is why they ended up on our radar. Could be a mentality thing though, I feel like a lot of the players we signed weren't scouted to the same extent the English players were when Fergie used to call their old teachers from school and stuff.

tomaldinho1

They were good players in Germany though, which is why they ended up on our radar. Could be a mentality thing though, I feel like a lot of the players we signed weren't scouted to the same extent the English players were when Fergie used to call their old teachers from school and stuff.
With Sancho 100%.
Kagawa and Mhki weren’t terrible they just weren’t really what we wanted/needed.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
For sancho? I'd take their kit man. Just get this guy out of the club.
That's actually a good idea! Their kits this season are so ugly they would even make United's football look good in comparison

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Possibly? But it's hard to say when they've never played outside of Germany. We thought Sweinstiger would improve us, he was fecking rubbish and super slow. Sabitzer was supposed to be a good player, Havertz was tearing it up in Germany, Werner was scoring for fun. And lest we forget Sancho...
They simply couldn't do it on a cold rainy night in Stoke.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Bailey took a bit longer, only really this season he's exploded.

fbref comparison from last season (and Bailey's stats this season) - shot stats stand out. Bailey had 4 goals from 51 shots, Sancho 6 goals from 21. Bailey had 28 progressive passes, Sancho 76. Bailey much better in the air despite being shorter, Sancho better in shot creating actions (4.64 to 2.84).

Emery's done a great job managing him, he's in the form (or better) that he had the season before he joined Villa.

Pughnichi

With Sancho 100%.
Kagawa and Mhki weren’t terrible they just weren’t really what we wanted/needed.
I’m still of the opinion that Kagawa would have been brilliant for us. He was bought as a 10 to play behind Rooney.

and then the chance to sign RVP presented itself. Rooney pushes back to 10 and Kagawa out to the side

shame. That lad had a lot of ability

DanClancy

Anyone with a centre forward who's fallen out of favour that we could possibly do a swap deal with for Sancho?

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Bailey took a bit longer, only really this season he's exploded.
Bailey wasn't even that good in the Bundesliga to begin with. Started well, then took four years to play a somewhat decent season again.

Andersonson

I’m still of the opinion that Kagawa would have been brilliant for us. He was bought as a 10 to play behind Rooney.

and then the chance to sign RVP presented itself. Rooney pushes back to 10 and Kagawa out to the side

He didnt really though, he had some decent games here and there but completely disappeared after that. He was so bad he lasted only two years here. The most overrated player we've had along side Anderson

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
The ultimate test, Stoke away.
I mean, I don't really get why (some) EPL clubs insist on playing physical football but if you consider this a must and refuse to play a more promising approach out of stylistic preferences, fine. I just don't get why they go for technical players that try to avoid contact where they can, then.

It's just so weird. "What, 130 pound Shinji Kagawa can't tank a shoulder barge from 180 pound Yaya Toure or Troy Deeney? How disappointing, we should sell him"

crossy1686

career ending
I mean, I don't really get why (some) EPL clubs insist on playing physical football but if you consider this a must and refuse to play a more promising approach out of stylistic preferences, fine. I just don't get why they go for technical players that try to avoid contact where they can, then.

It's just so weird. "What, 130 pound Shinji Kagawa can't tank a shoulder barge from 180 pound Yaya Toure or Troy Deeney? How disappointing, we should sell him"
Because ultimately it's a legitimate way of playing football that can win games, especially if the opposition can't handle being roughed up. Having a 'soft' team in the PL will lose you more games than most.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I know i am going against many people now but i hope that he will get a second (last) chance. He showed in Dortmund that he is amazing talent. It would be the shame that we let him go and lose huge amount of money on him.

Of course, it is up to him. If he is that stupid to refuse to apologize and ask for another chance then feck him.

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on

Mad winger, is that you ???

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Because ultimately it's a legitimate way of playing football that can win games, especially if the opposition can't handle being roughed up. Having a 'soft' team in the PL will lose you more games than most.
The most successful teams in the EPL are the 'softest'. Their only physical dimension is that they can run a lot which usually applies to more lightweight players with smaller frames (as they have to carry less weight around and can gegenpress quicker). You only need physically imposing players when you allow the opposition to get close enough for challenges.

It all comes down to stylistic preference, not indispensable requirements. If you choose 'style' over substance, fair enough. What I don't get is: When you want to play physical football rather than technical, why go for players who can't play that way?

HTG

Supports
Bayern
So, Malen gets thrown in here because he´s dutch..?
Adeyemi has the speed we like in our wingers, how is he developing?
Not at all. He’s a huge disappointment so far for Dortmund. As is Malen.

Borussia Teeth

I know i am going against many people now but i hope that he will get a second (last) chance. He showed in Dortmund that he is amazing talent. It would be the shame that we let him go and lose huge amount of money on him.

Of course, it is up to him. If he is that stupid to refuse to apologize and ask for another chance then feck him.
I agree with all of this

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

There's a chance waiting for him if he apologises. But he's also insanely dim as well as unprofessional.

Nickelodeon

Many people actually hope for that. But it’s unlikely because Sancho has shown a level of ego which would be considered arrogant for peak Ronaldo while delivering Bebe like performances. I hope for the scenario you have mentioned but the next best case wouldn’t be to sell him or loan him but to make him spend the rest of the season with the reserves. He wouldn’t fetch us any money and I’d rather not have the loan where we pay most of the wages.

Lebo

He didnt really though, he had some decent games here and there but completely disappeared after that. He was so bad he lasted only two years here. The most overrated player we've had along side Anderson
Anderson was anything but overrated. The guy had the ability we currently don’t have in our team. Look at how much Amrabat is getting praised .
Compare it to this master class against a much better chelsea team.

Inconsistent is probably a better word.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Ideally they make up and somehow move on but it’s incredibly unlikely at this point now. In a parallel universe Antony and Sancho are just coming into their best form for us and we are snapping at arsenals heels. It’s a bummer the way it turned out. He was one of the best young players in the world, certainly the best one we could have gotten at the time. His profile should have been perfect for PL football seeing as he came through in this country and he had friends in the squad. He just seem to not have the desire to make it work at Utd. You’d often see players saying they regretted not working hard enough here under Fergie becasue their careers went nowhere major after but we don’t hear that much at all anymore. Players seem relived to leave here more often than not. In this case I totally back the manger but wonder what could have been.

Last edited:

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
Anderson was anything but overrated. The guy had the ability we currently don’t have in our team. Look at how much Amrabat is getting praised .
Compare it to this master class against a much better chelsea team.

Inconsistent is probably a better word.
Was that the League Cup game against Chelski away where Anderson gave 3 assists within 70 minutes or so? :drool:

Players like Anderson are what made us so great under Ferguson. We had the likes of Carrick, Scholes, Fletcher, Rooney, Giggs ahead of him for the 3 midfield positions. Anderson was basically a third choice option, occasionally brilliant and very naturally talented. When you have that type of talent on the bench without needing to use them a lot, it shows how strong your squad really is.

Oldham

Sancho sure has talent, but my god so weak mentaly..
Just let him go... and maybe he can make it at another club with less pressure.

Rojofiam

Both Mata and Kagawa suffered from us not moving Rooney on years earlier than we did. Both of them would've done a better job at #10 I reckon.

Golden Nugget

I’m with this. Whilst he could have made a bigger impact, the signing of RVP pushed him wide - yet from memory he was still a tidy player and just checking, contributed 9 goal contributions in 20 league games - which is definitely decent.

I get that more was expected from him, but I never understand him being thrown in as the flops.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.

Had Fergie stayed Rooney probably would've been sold and Kagawa would've played 10 behind RVP

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Cash please.
I don't know much about Malen. He's not a regular in the Dutch team right?
I suppose this is more a question for the transfer forum. I dont think Malen is a starter for the Netherlands. Also, this was Dortmund fan @do.ob's view of Malen back in September:
I think he can get regular starts at Dortmund (especially since competition is rather weak on the wings at the moment), but unless he starts scoring like a mad man I don't think he has the overall impact to be a star player. His passing is mediocre and his dribbling mostly consists of little body faints followed by a burst of speed, rather than genuine high class dribbling skills. I also don't think he has the kind of composure that allows players to be very effective with (seemingly) simple moves.
Malen does have a knack of scoring goals, which is of course the most serious gap United have right now. But you'd have to wonder if he'd be able to get into goalscoring positions enough in the EPL - especially if he's brought in mid-year to have an instant impact, and probably would rather need some time to acclimatize.

I suppose if would make some sense for United though, since the squad is clearly short on RW (assuming Rashford is still rather preferred for LW, competing with Garnacho). So Malen could provide better backup on RW for Antony. I don't think he's of the quality United should aim for though.

I'd rather wonder about Dortmund's motivation to get rid of Malen actually. He's having a pretty ok season, so why replace that known quantity with a gamble? (Cause who knows what Sancho will be like when he's back, or whether he fits Dortmund's current style.) It would make more sense if Malen stayed and Sancho would compete with him.

But then bringing Malen into Sancho's possible transfer to Dortmund might be a false rumour anyway. I get the impression that United get linked to every Dutch player under the sun under Ten Hag. I suppose most of that is entirely made up by transfer agents or poor journalists.

Pronewbie

Peep
I hope we get at least £50M for him in January. He's certainly more talented and with more potential than Maguire and McT who are valued at around £30 - 40M.

He needs the right no-nonsense setup away from his mates to excel.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
I hope we get at least £50M for him in January. He's certainly more talented and with more potential than Maguire and McT who are valued at around £30 - 40M.

He needs the right no-nonsense setup away from his mates to excel.

There is zero chance anyone would offer anything close to that money for Sancho

Highfather_24

SAF trusted him. I remember against RM that season, he played Kagawa behind RvP, and Rooney out wide.

Status
Not open for further replies.