James Ducker: "Utd squad left shocked by Mourinho’s public censure, personal nature of criticism...'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irrational.

At least we're getting to the issues early enough in the season for them to be addressed and sorted ASAP, I would hate for this to happen during the run-in.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
At the risk of being thought a naive tosser, I really cannot believe that either Rooney or Carrick would leak stuff to the press

Their best days might be over but I don't believe they would lose their professionalism by spouting stuff to the press

I am half inclined to think Mourinho may well have misjudged the situation going in too hard on his players

That's dangerous for him

He did the same at Chelsea and the players had him out

He shouldn't think the same might not happen at OT

After all, old big head Cloughie suffered the same experience at Leeds back in the 70s

History repeating itself?
Rooney accused Ferguson of lying over an injury when he was playing for England. Then he came out with the angry confused stuff, united got no ambition etc

BlakeUtd

after three years of shit the least mourinho could do is give the team a kick up the ass. What do people expect him to do. He wants to win and we wont even get into the top four with the way we've played these past three games. Even I get pretty fecking annoyed when I watch replays or see the stills of the gaps we were leaving for the matches we lost.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Last thing we need right now.

This is exactly what all the opposition fans said would happen to us with Mourinho in charge and it's going perfectly to script.

Didn't think it be possible to detest Rooney even more but if he was the prick who leaked this I think I might do.

rotherham_red

I really thought Maureen was the man to clear this shit up. Maybe needs another window or two, but it seems like we have some spineless gobshites in the squad.
They'll both be gone by the summer. This leak just crystallises how desperate Rooney has become imo

Ibi Dreams

This kind of shit makes our situation so much worse. As if it wasn't bad enough losing 3 in a row, literally nothing good can come of this bullshit. Even if the reports aren't true it still sews doubt and makes the club look like it's full of dickheads

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I'll say it again. Ed Woodward needs to be on a conference call with the Glazers and making some hard decisions now - suspend the leakers asap. If some other players get pissed off - suspend them too and put them on the January transfer list as it would be obvious that they have no ambition.

Red Stone

Watershed moment for Rooney and Mourinho, this. Whoever loses this little spat will effectively be gone from the club within 10 months.

God, I hope Mourinho wins. For once, let the manager win.

Devil may care

The idea that it's a kid like Lingard or Shaw,. :wenger: There's only one player in our squad with the media connections in our squad, he even took the fecking journos out for a slap up lunch to grease the wheels prior to the Euros.

Skills

Snitch
They'll both be gone by the summer. This leak just crystallises how desperate Rooney has become imo
Should've been done this summer though. Needed a fresh start, some positivity around the club. We're dragged into the same shithole again.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Watershed moment for Rooney and Mourinho, this. Whoever loses this little spat will effectively be gone from the club within 10 months.

God, I hope Mourinho wins. For once, let the manager win.
Who the flying feck is going to pick Rooney up on his wages. The guy can't kick a football. We're stuck with him unless we get a miracle from China.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
The idea that it's a kid like Lingard or Shaw,. :wenger: There's only one player in our squad with the media connections in our squad, he even took the fecking journos out for a slap up lunch to grease the wheels prior to the Euros.
State of journalists - all you need to do is buy them some food and booze and they're your bitch:rolleyes:

RORY65

At the risk of being thought a naive tosser, I really cannot believe that either Rooney or Carrick would leak stuff to the press

Their best days might be over but I don't believe they would lose their professionalism by spouting stuff to the press

I am half inclined to think Mourinho may well have misjudged the situation going in too hard on his players

That's dangerous for him

After all, old big head Cloughie suffered the same experience at Leeds back in the 70s

This leaking has been going on since 2013 and the article references to the differences between Ferguson and Mourinho so it has to be someone who has played under both which doesn't leave too many players. Add in to that it seems like Wayne Rooney and Michael Carrick (in addition to Ryan Giggs) always seem to come out of these big leaked pieces looking like saints compared to everyone else at the club.

It's unlikely that several journalists, including James Ducker, would be that friendly with Valencia given his English isn't great (from what we know) whilst De Gea has the same agent as Mourinho so I can't imagine his camp would be briefing negative information. That doesn't leave many options left and it's reasonable that people it would be one of Rooney or Carrick given they seem to come out these stories very well whilst one of them hasn't played all season and the other is very lucky to still be in the team.

wr8_utd

:'(
Lovely how Rooney is automatically the suspect and it turns into yet another Rooney bashing thread. Should just rename the Caf to Rooncafe. Crazy obsession on here.

Skills

Snitch
Who the flying feck is going to pick Rooney up on his wages. The guy can't kick a football. We're stuck with him unless we get a miracle from China.
We can write off his contract if we want to. It's like sacking a manager.

Bojan11

Christian Vieiri plays in China.

Rooney won't have trouble due to his brand. The problem is whether he wants to go to China.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

That's dangerous for him

You don't think Rooney would spout stuff to the press? That's extremely naive. Him and his agent orchestrated a potential move to City and held United to ransom to get a new contract by leaking stories. The knives are out for him at the moment, so I certainly don't doubt that he'd try and deflect some of that by leaking stories to the press.

Manny

Grammar Police
It's Rooney/Stretford and he's done it before. He wasn't subtle about it before either.

LouisDanGaal

State of journalists - all you need to do is buy them some food and booze and they're your bitch:rolleyes:
To be fair for free food and booze i'd leak whatever story. I'd play both sides, i'd do the mourinho retort tomorrow, then go to the agent on Thursday.

Ibi Dreams

We can loan him and pay most of his wages. It may genuinely be better to do that than to have him here if he is the one who has leaked this

Born2Lose

Of course it his Rooney and his puppet master Stretford, again trying to deflect attention from some awful performances.

I still can't believe people don't see the politicking from both of them a mile off, didn't the penny drop when Rooney made his retirement announcement for England?

Red Stone

Lovely how Rooney is automatically the suspect and it turns into yet another Rooney bashing thread. Should just rename the Caf to Rooncafe. Crazy obsession on here.
Who else could it possibly be? The only player that has been here long enough and has the media connections to pull shit like this is Rooney. Lovely how all his fanboys turn a blind eye to yet another glaring sign that Rooney is the biggest problem this club has at this moment in time, while we're talking about crazy obsessions and all that...

jem

I've absolutely no sympathy for the players. They've been getting away with murder for three years while the managers (who admittedly weren't up to it) carried the can.

I sincerely hope they are being called to account because the standards at this club have slipped far too much.
If they can't cope with that, they're at the wrong club.
Exactly. Years ago it wouldn't just have been Fergie having a go at them; they would've had to deal with Keane as well. These guys need to grow a collective set.

wr8_utd

:'(
If Rooney really does own the media then he does an even worse job using it than he does at playing football these days considering how the entire media has been slamming him for days now.

Red Stone

Mourinho could always give Rooney the Casillas/Mata/Schweinsteiger treatment. Rooney's digging himself into a ditch at the moment and is losing the legs he has to stand on. Sooner or later a freeze-out won't be met with the same barrage of criticism that followed when Casillas got dropped.

If Rooney wants to end his England career at the World Cup he'll have to find somewhere to play by next summer, or he'll never get selected.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
So the day after a massive press campaign against Rooney, possibly based on information fed by Mourinho that he's about to be dropped, we get this from a journalist well known to be close to Rooney - an article which seems to know exactly what's going on inside Rooney's head. And someone on here thinks the likely culprit is...Jesse fecking Lingard?

Skills

Snitch
Mourinho could always give Rooney the Casillas/Mata/Schweinsteiger treatment. Rooney's digging himself into a ditch at the moment and is losing the legs he has to stand on. Sooner or later a freeze-out won't be met with the same barrage of criticism that followed when Casillas got dropped.

If Rooney wants to end his England career at the World Cup he'll have to find somewhere to play by next summer, or he'll never get selected.
I would love to see Big Sam's reaction after him dropping rashford for not playing enough :D

Red Stone

So the day after a massive press campaign against Rooney, possibly based on information fed by Mourinho that he's about to be dropped, we get this from a journalist well known to be close to Rooney - an article which seems to know exactly what's going on inside Rooney's head. And someone on here thinks the likely culprit is...Jesse fecking Lingard?
It's all an anti-Rooney agenda, though. Haven't you heard?

Skills

Snitch
:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.