James Milner | Signed for Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.

finneh

He's a shoe in for Liverpool. Everything about him screams Liverpool.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
Nah, he is probably not faster than Markovic, Sterling, Sturridge, so he wouldn't suit their pacy approach.
Milner will eventually end up at Everton or some club like that. Can't see neither Arsenal nor Spurs going for him. He is probably a better player than that, but he has spent too much time on the bench.

Having said that I would love to see him at Chelsea.

coolredwine

lameredboots
Nah, he is probably not faster than Markovic, Sterling, Sturridge, so he wouldn't suit their pacy approach.
Milner will eventually end up at Everton or some club like that. Can't see neither Arsenal nor Spurs going for him. He is probably a better player than that, but he has spent too much time on the bench.

He could play as a midfielder too, combining with Henderson/Allen/Can in the middle to provide steel in the middle.

Arsenal, I think, can do better than him.

Jev

I assume he'd be a CM at Liverpool (and Arsenal as well). That's where I could see him do a job for us too. Would rather have him in midfield than Herrera and Fellaini personally.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I'd take him here as a squad player but I don't thonk that's what he's looking for. Back to Newcastle is a good bet I reckon.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
He could play as a midfielder too, combining with Henderson/Allen/Can in the middle to provide steel in the middle.

Arsenal, I think, can do better than him.
I assume he'd be a CM at Liverpool (and Arsenal as well). That's where I could see him do a job for us too. Would rather have him in midfield than Herrera and Fellaini personally.
Both of you seem to be on the same train ;)
But, do you think he could do a job in CM week-in and week-out? He has never played that position regularly. Given that it is one of the toughest and most important positions I can't see him improving any Top4-Team in CM.

Jev

But, do you think he could do a job in CM week-in and week-out? He has never played that position regularly. Given that it is one of the toughest and most important positions I can't see him improving any Top4-Team in CM.
I believe he was a CM for Villa if my memory serves me right, at least for a period anyway. He's publicly stated his desire to play there numerous times and he certainly has the engine. I don't see anything preventing him from being that energetic, box-to-box type midfielder that would fit in well next to Carrick/Blind.

coolredwine

lameredboots
He is actually a versatile player who can play on either wing as well. At Villa and Newcastle mainly, he played most of the time as CM. It was only later that he started playing on a wing at Villa. Even at City, he initially played as a midfielder, but after they bought Fernando/Fernandinho and their shortage of wingers did he shift out wide.

Andy_Cole

Milner, Young and Valencia would tear up the Premiership if he came here.

The thought of this makes me cry.

Ringo 07

He'll more than likely end up in central midfield for whatever team he goes to in the summer on a free. It looks like he'll be on his bike in the summer. He actually looks like a Van Gaal type of central midfielder...someone who will work his socks off, get stuck in and who will do what he is told......obviously he is lacking in creativity but he'd go straight into the first team here if we ever signed him based on our current midfielders. Obviously there are far better targets out there but sometimes you don't land who you want. But I doubt he'd come to us anyways to prevent him upsetting City fans

Irrational.

The man's attitude is fantastic and he's incredibly hard-working, in whatever capacity he is utilised. Deserves better than Man City, that's for sure.

He's the British Park Ji Sung.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I actually like the guy. He's been unfortunate that City don't rate him as high as he is. Good hard-worker, and has a good delivery on him.

He'll be a good signing for whoever gets him.

Brophs

The One and Only
He's in good form at exactly the right time. He'll get his move to someone like Liverpool on an expensive, long term deal and won't massively improve them, though he is a good player.

Oo0AahCantona

am I the only one who would take him at united? can allways do a job and would help with the quota. free transfer as well.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
am I the only one who would take him at united? can allways do a job and would help with the quota. free transfer as well.
I hope you are the only one. And regarding quota, we have never had any problems in that regard.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Even if we wanted him I doubt he'd come to us. He'll end up at Liverpool, or possibly Everton/Newcastle if they aren't interested.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
For god sake we already have enough players who can "do a job", we really don't need more of them. We should now either buy top quality or young players with great potential.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
For god sake we already have enough players who can "do a job", we really don't need more of them. We should now either buy top quality or young players with great potential.
Also this. If we have ambitions of going for the title again (and we should), there seems to be little point in signing squad players. We have plenty of squad players, we need more quality.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Do not want.
He'd be alright for you on a free, but only if he'd be happy not playing particularly regularly. His only real use would be to come on as a sub and make himself busy in the middle to help you see out a game. I can't see how he'd fit into Rodgers' tactics at all as a starter.

Roman Bellic

Prick
People are still strapped on the fergie mentality of signing players that can "do a job", we should be aiming for quality players who can deliver on the biggest stage not players like Milner, he is a really good player but he is not what we need unless we are aiming to be mediocre United again, i have seen some shouts for Ings,Wanyama,Austin etc on other threads and it has left me to question the ambitions of some fans to be very honest, if the likes of James Milner aren't being chased by Real Madrid,Bayern,Barca or even Chelsea then why on earth should we want him based on his good form?(thats not to say we should chase players because they are being chased by those clubs), we are aiming to be a top 5 team in the world

Some fans even want us to sign John Stones instead of going for a World Class centre back ..... Fecking hell

Boycott

Versatile, great engine to play in central midfield, good coming from wide positions, can hold the ball up, can get in goalscoring positions, links up well with others, defensively sound and has more strings to his bow attacking wise than people give credit.

Would be a top signing for any team on a free.

Roman Bellic

Prick
Versatile, great engine to play in central midfield, good coming from wide positions, can hold the ball up, can get in goalscoring positions, links up well with others, defensively sound and has more strings to his bow attacking wise than people give credit.

Would be a top signing for any team on a free.
Would he be a starter for us next season?

saivet

Good squad player, but he's not good enough for to be a regular for a team that has any sort of ambition. I think he'll probably end up at a team like Newcastle, maybe even Southampton. A good team, but not a top team where he'll get regular football. Leaving City for Liverpool would be silly imo. I think the best he can do, where he starts a lot of games is Spurs.

Boycott

Would he be a starter for us next season?
In central midfield I think he can.

He wouldn't come to us, but in Arsenal, and certainly Liverpool he'd be a fantastic player to have.

Again..FREE TRANSFER. A player who offers as much as him will cost a lot, so to have him available easily is a steal.

Roman Bellic

Prick
In central midfield I think he can.

He wouldn't come to us, but in Arsenal, and certainly Liverpool he'd be a fantastic player to have.

Again..FREE TRANSFER. A player who offers as much as him will cost a lot, so to have him available easily is a steal.
I see him going to Everton though, Arsenal will sign a foreign CM, Liverpool is possible though

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Exposed as rubbish when he was 34 in a relegation team? I guess Rio was always rubbish because he isn't good at QPR.

Some quality logic there Pete.

Status
Not open for further replies.