James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew~

It's actually amazing how Real Madrid and Barca always get the top talents in the world. Seriously: Ronaldo, Bale, Isco, Rodriguez all on the same team. Will be good to watch.

RedStarUnited

It's actually amazing how Real Madrid and Barca always get the top talents in the world. Seriously: Ronaldo, Bale, Isco, Rodriguez all on the same team. Will be good to watch.
The top 5 all time transfers fees are all Barcelona and Madrid - They pay whats needed more time than not.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
OTOH, I think it's also good to see that for all their splurges, Madrid do need to balance their books. Yes, they bought Bale and more last yar, but they also sold Higuain and Ozil.

Hed Zitin

They have the sunny lifestyle, guaranteed to compete for trophies, the prestige, they pay the wages and they pay the transfer fees to do it.

They simply have the total package to keep doing it.

gaucho_10

OTOH, I think it's also good to see that for all their splurges, Madrid do need to balance their books. Yes, they bought Bale and more last yar, but they also sold Higuain and Ozil.
They paid for Bale transfer. Di Maria and Morata are paying for James.

Raul Madrid

They paid for Bale transfer. Di Maria and Morata are paying for James.
Where do you think di maria will end up? I would rather we keep him but that looks unlikely. If he has to be sold I would rather it be to PSG as they would pay a lot and they are also the least threatening of all the teams that could get him imo?

Zii

James Rodriguez is a political signing for Real Madrid. Look back to last season when Barcelona made a block buster signing in Neymar, Real were forced to try and match them in terms of a big transfer, therefore Bale was bought for a record fee. This season Barca have bought Suarez, now Real have had to match them with James. Its the same malarkey every year, 500 million spent in 5 years, football transfers are a farce. 15 million only went to santos for his sale.

gaucho_10

Where do you think di maria will end up? I would rather we keep him but that looks unlikely. If he has to be sold I would rather it be to PSG as they would pay a lot and they are also the least threatening of all the teams that could get him imo?
After today, it really looks like he's of to Paris. That's just by looking at our transfer bill - 80 mil € net spend.

Di Maria has earned himself a star status and he wants to hold on to it, continue playing first team football and get paid more money then the club is willing to offer. He doesn't have the right financial offer, and first team football doesn't look like a sure bet in this squad.
He also won everything there is to win with Real Madrid. Considering all circumstances, leaving seems like the right choice.

Phil

I like Real and I really have grown to like Di Maria. I think it's madness to get rid of him.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Going to go against the grain here and say he will not live up to his price tag at all. Still think his world cup was an anomaly. He's an excellent player who has always had potential to realise it. I just don't think he can produce his world cup form consistently. Hopefully I'm wrong as I like the guy.

Walters_19_MuFc

I also feel James should be played as a false no 9 at Madrid, like previous posters have mentioned. With Ronaldo and Bale on the wings, he'd constantly have runs off the ball to pick out.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Going to go against the grain here and say he will not live up to his price tag at all. Still think his world cup was an anomaly. He's an excellent player who has always had potential to realise it. I just don't think he can produce his world cup form consistently. Hopefully I'm wrong as I like the guy.
I kinda agree with you.

RooneyLegend

The interesting thing about this purchase is whether he'll succeed or fail at madrid. Those saying he's just done it at the world cup and not before are right, although I remember another youngster doing it at the 2002 world cup from almost out of nowhere and becoming a sensation. Its really neither here nor there at this point. He showed a level at the world cup that will have madrid fans salivating at his arrival. If he carries that on he'll no doubt become one of the bernabeu's favourite sons. He's similar to di maria in a lot of ways which will hold him in good stead as ancelotti will know what to do with him. His composure in the final third is something that could elevate bale or benzema's game.

United22

That would be United as we have no CL

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
I agree with you too.

It's clear to see that Madrid has bought him on the basis of his world cup performances. I think he's an excellent talent but his record with Monaco wasn't really that great in the last two seasons.

With Bale I always thought that he's eventually gonna be a Ronaldo replacement, I just don't see Rodriguez having that kind of potential.

Blackwidow

After today, it really looks like he's of to Paris. That's just by looking at our transfer bill - 80 mil € net spend.

Di Maria has earned himself a star status and he wants to hold on to it, continue playing first team football and get paid more money then the club is willing to offer. He doesn't have the right financial offer, and first team football doesn't look like a sure bet in this squad.
He also won everything there is to win with Real Madrid. Considering all circumstances, leaving seems like the right choice.
Di Maria probably ain't as marketable as the others are. He probably needs less time in front of the mirror than the others when leaving the dressing room... :cool:

Patchbeard

I agree with you too.

It's clear to see that Madrid has bought him on the basis of his world cup performances. I think he's an excellent talent but his record with Monaco wasn't really that great in the last two seasons.

With Bale I always thought that he's eventually gonna be a Ronaldo replacement, I just don't see Rodriguez having that kind of potential.
He was only at Monaco for a season. Started off as a sub and didn't score in about his first 15 games there, but was really impressive once he'd settled and had a very good 6 months leading up to the world cup. Ironically, it was when Falcao missed a spell in Nov/Dec that he started his good form, and he's also been more impressive for Colombia with Falcao out, so much more effective when he is the real main man of the team that everyone looks to feed. At Real it could work, either with Rodriguez as a false 9 between Ronaldo and Bale or as a No.10 with Benzema ahead.

But I agree there's doubts over him having Ronaldo/Bale kind of potential. He didn't really impress in Champions League from his Porto days so he hasn't proved himself consistently on the highest stage, considering how bad some of the defending was at the World Cup.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I agree with you too.

He only spent a year at Monaco. Miraculously they've made a profit from the €40m fee.

gaucho_10

Transfermarkt current top 10:

1. Lionel Messi (Barcelona) 120 mil €
2. Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid) 100 mil €
3. Gareth Bale (Real Madrid) 80 mil €
4. Neymar (Barcelona) 70 mil €
5. James Rodriguez (Real Madrid) 60 mil €
6. Edinson Cavani (PSG) 60 mil €
7. Luis Suarez (Barcelona) 60 mil €
8. Falcao (Monaco) 60 mil €
9. Luka Modric (Real Madrid) 55 mil €
10. Angel di Maria (Real Madrid) 50 mil €

What 2 months of hype can do..

Cina

why do you always post this crap? it's absolute shite.

SuecoGitano

Have already sold around 350 000 shirts around the world. mainly in colombia and Asia!! Assuming a profit of around 30% per shirt RM have already cashed in 10m Euro..in a week!

Patchbeard

Have already sold around 350 000 shirts around the world. mainly in colombia and Asia!! Assuming a profit of around 30% per shirt RM have already cashed in 10m Euro..in a week!
I'm tempted to get one purely to have my name legitimately on a football shirt. Might have to be an illegitimate shirt from Asia though, there must be a load more of them not in the figures that Real aren't seeing the money from too.

Jerch

http://www.worldsoccer.com/features/replica-shirts

I call that bulshit and PR game from Real. They sell 1.4m shirts in a year mostly Ronaldo shirts. They sold only 0.4m non Ronaldo shirts in a year and you are saying that they sold 0.35m James shits in a week. Think twice about that.

Why we always listen how many shirts they sell after Reals transfers. They sell no more shirts than we are.

PS: pressed enter accidentally before writting the post.

Last edited:

NoLogo

It's not so much hype as more a reflection that he already switched clubs for a fee of 45 mil € to Monaco. So they judged that with the increasing interest in the player and the good WC he had there was no way he was going for less than those 45 mil € and set his market value at about 60 mil € which I would have said is a fair guess, maybe a bit low and as we have seen it was indeed 20 mil € less than Real ended up paying.

People need to remember that the market value is not only a reflection of a players ability with a football but also about how much money has been payed for this player before and how much his next transfer is most likely going to cost.

Cina

people need to remember that transfermarkt's a load of bollocks.

NoLogo

It depends on what you take it for. Take it as a database for done transfers and it's the best site out there. If you want to take it as a guide for actual market value it is always bound to fail as prices are only really determined the minute some player is sold. Non the less I feel for making an educated guess about the market value of players they usually aren't that far off if a transfer happens, at least for the majority of players.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
Yeah it is and it's got to be THE least accurate site in terms of listing fees for players. Any transfer that's happened a while ago has some retarded inflation added to it, with actually no formula behind it. It staggers belief that people quote that shite.

Devil_forever

It depends on what you take it for. Take it as a database for done transfers and it's the best site out there. If you want to take it as a guide for actual market value it is always bound to fail as prices are only really determined the minute some player is sold. Non the less I feel for making an educated guess about the market value of players they usually aren't that far off if a transfer happens, at least for the majority of players.
No it most definitely is not the best site out there for done transfers, do yourself a favour and look up some of the fees they list for transfers from a few years ago, it is complete and utter shite. The mods should seriously blacklist that site from ever being used as a source for a transfer fees debate.

Bestie07

Yeah it is and it's got to be THE least accurate site in terms of listing fees for players. Any transfer that's happened a while ago has some retarded inflation added to it, with actually no formula behind it. It staggers belief that people quote that shite.
If it lists Anderson's fee as anything over £20m then they are not to be taken seriously.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
It's not so much hype as more a reflection that he already switched clubs for a fee of 45 mil € to Monaco. So they judged that with the increasing interest in the player and the good WC he had there was no way he was going for less than those 45 mil € and set his market value at about 60 mil € which I would have said is a fair guess, maybe a bit low and as we have seen it was indeed 20 mil € less than Real ended up paying.

People need to remember that the market value is not only a reflection of a players ability with a football but also about how much money has been payed for this player before and how much his next transfer is most likely going to cost.
Very important point that many people seem to weirdly forget. James was always going to be an expensive player after one season at Monaco considering how much they paid for him. We shouldn't be surprised by these prices when situations are as obvious as in this one

Devil_forever

It lists Rooney as having cost £32.56m FFS. Seriously is it so hard for people to do a few basic checks before vouching for the accuracy of a site? I could list out a 100 wrong fees, it's utter shite.

Devil_forever

Very important point that many people seem to weirdly forget. James was always going to be an expensive player after one season at Monaco considering how much they paid for him. We shouldn't be surprised by these prices when situations are as obvious as in this one
Just because money bags monaco spent a ridiculous fee, as they tired to buy their way to the top, it shouldn't mean that his value should have automatically gone up. The fact of the matter is though, in a market where a 19 year old left back goes for around £30m, the star of the World Cup, whose marketable and young, is bound to go for something a fair bit higher. In reality both clubs over paid for both players but time will tell, which one pays off more from both a footballing and commercial point of view. Unless you're Sergio Ramos, most defenders just aren't half as marketable as an attacker.

Status
Not open for further replies.