Votes: 113 14.4%
  • Buy a my little pony for the girl

Votes: 141 18.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Sky is doing their best to show it was disgusting, inexcusable, but one-off occurrence. Smart move to get him to talk instantly.

Think they will try to calm things down and keep him.

He spat in someone's car at the very least just because or some light banter that wasn't even personal. That's still biological criminal damage. Then you can debate whether it was aimed to hit the driver or the girl which is a form of criminal assault. So however you look at it this can't be blown under the carpet.

People loose their careers for much less in this PC world.
I'm not sure that you know what you're talking about. Biological criminal damage? Did you just made that one up?

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
Sky are going a bit over the top with this. Is that interview really necessary? Cringeworthy stuff.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Sky is doing their best to show it was disgusting, inexcusable, but one-off occurrence. Smart move to get him to talk instantly.

Think they will try to calm things down and keep him.

I'm not sure that you know what you're talking about. Biological criminal damage? Did you just made that one up?
You can add in psychological warfare too.

Vialli_92

Supports
Juventus
To be fair to Carra he hasn't hid away and tried defend what he did

Pity it had to happen to someone I like

ChrisNelson

No way they're sacking him now, they wouldn't have put him in that studio if they had any intention of sacking him.

Rightly or wrongly he is surely staying with Sky Sports, terrible thing he's done but Sky obviously see him as too valuable to lose.

Come August it will be like this never happened...

Bwuk

Just to repeat my question from previous page. Has anyone asked Richard Keys or Andy Gray for their opinion?

What’s the caf’s consensus? Was theirs the greater offence?
Carraghers was worse. Keys and Gray were having what they think is banter, and happens regularly in offices up and down the countries, Carragher spat on someone.

Not sure about the whole sack him thing though? Don’t remember there being as much public outcry to get someone sacked when Firmino or Rooney got done for drink driving, which is miles worse than this.

ChrisNelson

Just to repeat my question from previous page. Has anyone asked Richard Keys or Andy Gray for their opinion?

In my opinion this is far worse - spitting in the face of a 14 year old girl vs. a bit of sexual innuendo.

A physical action vs. some school playground lads talk.

svastian99

From an objective point of view...
A dangerous idea to drive the car and record with your cell phone.
It was not a heated discussion to react in that way, it was a stupid reaction on the part of Carragher ... nowadays everything is up on the internet Jamie.
It could have been worse, if we had won in Anfield the guy would have tried to steal the wheels to the car.

Classical Mechanic

I think that Keys and Gray were behaving in that way a lot towards female members of staff so one of them released the video to take them down.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
In my opinion this is far worse - spitting in the face of a 14 year old girl vs. a bit of sexual innuendo.

A physical action vs. some school playground lads talk.
I’m not sure. A moment of stupidity vs holding underlying problematic opinions. I think the implication the female lino was shit at her job because she’s a woman was the big issue.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Gray and Key was probably worse for me in the grand scheme of things. Their type of lads only behaviour was quite endemic of trying to exclude women from the game. The released video was apparently not the only occurance. It had a far greater societal impact while Carragher let's be honest only really impacts the girl and her family at most.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
I think a suspension is the correct decision, although no one could argue with him being sacked. It’s clear Sky and Jamie are owning it completely, which is good to see.

Son Of Sam

It’s a technicality. You want to tell me that you’ve never done anything illegal whatsoever? Cause if you have you should be sacked.

Use your common sense man. The parent who filmed the incident is the bigger issue IMO.
11th commandment - Thou shall not get caught. Carragher got caught live on camera. He dug his own grave.

Richard Keys & Andy Gray got sacked for something less. Why should Carragher be spared for spitting at a young girl? She didn’t even swear or throw dog-abuses at him.....It was just “2-1, yeah?”

Does that really warrant hocking spit at her? He should go to prison for this. You would have argued differently if he spat at your daughter, wouldn’t you?

Hullyback

Supports
Liverpool FC
Proper disgusted by this when I read it. The dudes gone down to rock bottom position alongside El Hadji Diouf, Barton and Johnson for me now with regards to footballers I'll no longer watch, listen to or read any of their ramblings. Just hope Sky sack him and LFC distance themselves from him cos it's reprehensible and can't be excused or apologised for.

Shit, I wouldn't even do that and I'm not a multi millionaire with media training and in the public eye constantly so you can only put it down to the fact he's scum and done a fairly decent job of putting on a facade for the cameras. What the feck posseses a grown man to spit at a young girl just baffles me, over a tiny bit of banter that's as tame as it gets compared to what us fans face on a daily basis. If one of us did this we'd be banned from the ground for life and pilloried in the media, he's just been suspended and there's some fans even defending it? Not me, I'm a fan of the club, not filthy gobshites.

Oldyella

Keys has tweeted yeah, simply said something like "this should be interesting"

As for which is worse, both shitty in their own way. The keys and Gray thing feels seedier somehow though. And Carragher can claim to have been provoked at least, as minor as what was filmed showed.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
After seeing a few more times, the father comes across as a massive twat.

At the end of the video, his daughter has just been spat at and he's just like "Oh, Jamie Carragher spat on my daughter. Nice, nice...."

You could tell he was thinking pound signs.

Hitchez

Not really surprising. From punching DJ's to being racist to biting people and now spitting on a 14 year old girl. And his apology includes "I was goaded 3/4 times". feck off Jamie. Disgusting man.

If he wasn't a celebrity, he would've been sacked by now.

Josep Dowling

He spat in someone's car at the very least just because or some light banter that wasn't even personal. That's still biological criminal damage. Then you can debate whether it was aimed to hit the driver or the girl which is a form of criminal assault. So however you look at it this can't be blown under the carpet.

People loose their careers for much less in this PC world.
Biological criminal damage :lol:. The USA suing culture has officially reached the UK.

No doubt Carragher will have to pay compensation for it all when the reality is there is no damaged caused. The embarrassment and likely loss of work is enough of a punishment imo.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Proper disgusted by this when I read it. The dudes gone down to rock bottom position alongside El Hadji Diouf, Barton and Johnson for me now with regards to footballers I'll no longer watch, listen to or read any of their ramblings. Just hope Sky sack him and LFC distance themselves from him cos it's reprehensible and can't be excused or apologised for.

Shit, I wouldn't even do that and I'm not a multi millionaire with media training and in the public eye constantly so you can only put it down to the fact he's scum and done a fairly decent job of putting on a facade for the cameras. What the feck posseses a grown man to spit at a young girl just baffles me, over a tiny bit of banter that's as tame as it gets compared to what us fans face on a daily basis. If one of us did this we'd be banned from the ground for life and pilloried in the media, he's just been suspended and there's some fans even defending it? Not me, I'm a fan of the club, not filthy gobshites.
Fecking hell he didn't rape her, did he? He lost his head for a moment, got caught and will be punished for it.

The holier than thou saints are out in full force in this thread.

Fully Fledged

Great post.

MoskvaRed

Very weird behaviour to spit at someone. If Carragher had just told that idiot to eff off, then I’d have some sympathy.

While he is certainly one of the better pundits out there, if I were his boss at Sky, I’d be worried that he’s now going to be subject to a lot more provocation and liable to react even more stupidly.

Status
Not open for further replies.