g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Jamie Carragher: Spits in the face of 14 year old girl | Suspended by Sky

How should Carragher be punished?

• Forced to wear a United shirt with Neville on the back for MNF forever

Votes: 360 46.0%
  • Go on Jeremy Kyle with the family

Votes: 169 21.6%
  • Be made to walk alone through Liverpool

Votes: 113 14.4%
  • Buy a my little pony for the girl

Votes: 141 18.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Bloody-Nine

You’d expect someone in that position to ignore it and walk (or drive) on. Look at people like Katie Hopkins and Piers Morgan who get pure hate all day every day. Do they give one? Same for Jamie. He’s a retired footballer on the gravy train at SKY. Don’t know why he gives a shit what anyone has to say he should just ignore them and enjoy his life. Getting into spats with fans far too easily.
If that IS him, he's hardly getting into a spat. He's just being abused by a carload of neanderthals.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
You'd have thought he'd be used to that kind of abuse.....must have heard it every other Saturday when Liverpool were away for his entire career. I'm surprised he can't let it wash over him

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Did shitty thing
Said sorry
Let it go

Anyone letting how they feel about the incident, provoke an action (as above) is just as bad as he was.

Pathetic idiots.

The Bloody-Nine

You'd have thought he'd be used to that kind of abuse.....must have heard it every other Saturday when Liverpool were away for his entire career. I'm surprised he can't let it wash over him
Being abused by thousands in a stadium while you're playing a match isn't the same thing. What are you going to pay more attention to, that, or a single person getting in your face and calling you a cnut?

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Being abused by thousands in a stadium while you're playing a match isn't the same thing. What are you going to pay more attention to, that, or a single person getting in your face and calling you a cnut?
They're not in his face though are they? If a group of lads are calling me a cnut from a distance, I probably just walk away and get on with my own shit. If they were in my face I might have to address it. Being a person in the public eye, after what happened last year, he definitely should walk away

Claude Cat

Supports
Liverpool
Can someone with better eyes than me confirm this is actually him? If so, its a bit risky getting involved in a spat when he's just got back from his suspension for the spit.
Big men in the safety of their little mini bus aren't they!

The Bloody-Nine

They're not in his face though are they? If a group of lads are calling me a cnut from a distance, I probably just walk away and get on with my own shit. If they were in my face I might have to address it. Being a person in the public eye, after what happened last year, he definitely should walk away
It was an example.

He did walk away. He also reacted, granted, and I can understand that. I also can't believe I'm defending Carragher.

I retract everything. Scouse prick.

JMack1234

Was he presenting on the pitch at Old Trafford? I could see the Sky plinth from where I was but I couldn't see who the male pundit it was I was in the opposite corner. If it was Carragher i'm very surprised he didn't get more stick from the fans.

Toad

Was he presenting on the pitch at Old Trafford? I could see the Sky plinth from where I was but I couldn't see who the male pundit it was I was in the opposite corner. If it was Carragher i'm very surprised he didn't get more stick from the fans.
I’m not sure, but when Neville got wet at half time I’m now debating whether that was the sprinklers or Jamie Carraghers spit from above.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I don't know why people are acting like it's a normal reaction to being mildly antagonised. But I also want him to carry on as a pundit.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Who raised those idiots? How is it acceptable to heckle someone in public?

Maybe I'm missing something. You'd end up with a cracked skull in most places around the world if you just started to talk shit to a stranger.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
I don't know why people are acting like it's a normal reaction to being mildly antagonised. But I also want him to carry on as a pundit.
Heat of the moment. Not the chosen form of 'revenge' by everyone, I hate spitting, but it's hardly extreme behaviour ffs.

Handré1990

Who raised those idiots? How is it acceptable to heckle someone in public?

Maybe I'm missing something. You'd end up with a cracked skull in most places around the world if you just started to talk shit to a stranger.
That’s what I was thinking.

Still should’ve lost his job for spitting.

Vialli_92

Supports
Juventus
You’d expect someone in that position to ignore it and walk (or drive) on. Look at people like Katie Hopkins and Piers Morgan who get pure hate all day every day. Do they give one? Same for Jamie. He’s a retired footballer on the gravy train at SKY. Don’t know why he gives a shit what anyone has to say he should just ignore them and enjoy his life. Getting into spats with fans far too easily.
If this is how he's reacting it's just a matter of time before another Carra episode happens again, I'm a fan of his punditry and analysis but I can see him making another stupid mistake somewhere down the road if he can't handle being heckled

crossy1686

career ending
Hasn't he served his suspension for this now, so in effect, done the time for the crime?

Can't we just let this go instead of discussing how despicable spitting in someones face is? Seems a lot like something that should be discussed in a school playground.

Acole9

Outstanding
Nice to see him back on Sky, he shouldn't have done what he did but I think the fan had already been goading him before filming had started.

JK-27

Can someone with better eyes than me confirm this is actually him? If so, its a bit risky getting involved in a spat when he's just got back from his suspension for the spit.
It's him and you're absolutely right, you'd think he'd have learnt his lesson and kept his head down and carried on walking, rather then goading them back.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
What is wrong with people? It's easy to say he shouldn't react to it, imagine not being able to go out in public though without being bombarded by vile abuse like that? Says more about how much our society has degraded than anything else.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Hopkins and Morgan are WUMs though and regularly sprout out vile/hateful stuff. They thrive and expect these type of reactions and hence don't react to it.

I don't see what Carragher has done wrong here to be honest.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
The caller is as bad as some on here, Carragher barely said a bad word about us all game

Devil may care

That caller is talking bollocks, Carragher was very even handed on our game today, plenty of praise, never went overboard though and also didn't completely avoid the view him and some of the English pundits have in excusing Mourinho of some of the blame and questioning why we didn't play like this under him, only Saha had the logical response to this question that seems to baffle the British boys. Overall though he all but said it was clear United and Mourinho were not a fit and that we now look like Manchester United again, something we've not been in some time.

I also thought Carragher was bang on when he talked about Rashford vs Lukaku for the #9 role.

Devil may care

He does manage to remain objective when it comes to United, which is more than I can say for Thompson, Souness or Redknapp (okay all of them)
Souness used to be ok until Fergie retired, then it was open season as there was no Scottish god to offend with his comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.