• Be made to walk alone through Liverpool

Votes: 113 14.4%
  • Buy a my little pony for the girl

Votes: 141 18.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

vangagal

It was just a simple banter but he resort to something ugly. I thought only Barton would do something like that. He can just reply to whatever like United being 2nd to City. He maybe thought that was funny, doubt it would cost him job. But he deserve to be spit all over him by whole Sky staff, that would be glorious instead him getting fire.

Reactions: Sultan

Guy Incognito

There's no way he'll get sacked. Sky have built him and Neville up and they don't want to lose either.

If he were to resign, that'll be a different story.

shaky

We've not only got people defending him we've had one guy expressing his sympathy towards carragher.

As if the grown man who's spat in the face of a child is the real victim here.
:lol:
Is it not acceptable to be sympathetic for someone who might lose their job over having a bad reaction to being wound-up by some muppet with a camera, while also agreeing that it wasn't the appropriate action to take?

Also, how is being sympathetic towards Carragher worse than defending him??

Champagne Football

Makes yesterday result all the more sweet when you see the scousers react like that after. I like Jamie though. Sky will probably realize now that giving a top job to a scouser and asking them not to get into trouble in their free time is a bit like asking a rasta with dreadlocks down to his ankles to never smoke weed again.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Just seen the video. That is shocking. He should be fired immediately and I personally hope he loses all his paid columns, etc. If you don't like the abuse then wind the window up. He even saw it was a young girl but didn't hold back. Disgusting. :(

Djemba-Djemba

:lol:
Is it not acceptable to be sympathetic for someone who might lose their job over having a bad reaction to being wound-up by some muppet with a camera, while also agreeing that it wasn't the appropriate action to take?
I just find it odd that you would see a story like this and your first comment is to say how sorry you feel for a man who's spat in a childs face.

Maybe you think there comes a time when gobbing in a kids face is the right thing to do, I would disagree :lol:

Jig1234

As disgusting as Jamie Carragher's act is, I don't think the father of the daughter is blameless either. Firstly, he is recording and using his phone while driving. Secondly, when his daughter tells him Jamie has just shat on her the father just laughs it off. Both are idiots. Grown men should behave appropriately. We don't have to pick a side on this one. Both men should know better and be better.

shaky

I just find it odd that you would see a story like this and your first comment is to say how sorry you feel for a man who's spat in a childs face.

Maybe you think there comes a time when gobbing in a kids face is the right thing to do, I would disagree :lol:
As I said before, and you seem completely unable to grasp to concept of, it's actually possible to feel sorry for someone who is going to have to face big consequences for their actions, without agreeing with their actions. I felt sorry for Cantona having to sit out suspended for half a season, it doesn't mean I thought kicking a fan was the right thing to do.

stu_1992

Fecking hell Carragher. Could be in some trouble with that, and he's deserving of it if he gets sacked. It'll be a shame from a football pundit perspective, but you can't go around doing that to people.

RC89

What's crazy was, in his response he said something to the effect of "I was just thinking what kind of man behaves like that in front of his kid", when really the man was clearly just being a bit banterish (I actually assumed he'd be more aggressive when I heard about the clip). But how can Carragher ask that question? What kind of man tries to spit on a man in front of his child? Spitting alone is bad enough. But imagine how scared you'd be as a child if someone spat on your mom or dad. The fecking twat. Hope he gets sacked.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
As I said before, and you seem completely unable to grasp to concept of, it's actually possible to feel sorry for someone who is going to have to face big consequences for their actions, without agreeing with their actions. I felt sorry for Cantona having to sit out suspended for half a season, it doesn't mean I thought kicking a fan was the right thing to do.
Yup I agree with you here. Anyone who's made a mistake in their life and regretted it can relate.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
Various reactions from Liverpool fans suggest that this victory, and more in particular the way we won and the fact that it was Mourinho coaching us has been a massive trauma trigger for them. The slip will never be forgotten. This is some next level stuff though by Carragher, my word.

Djemba-Djemba

My issue is that was your first reaction. That's what I found bizarre.

TheGame

As disgusting as Jamie Carragher's act is, I don't think the father of the daughter is blameless either. Firstly, he is recording and using his phone while driving. Secondly, when his daughter tells him Jamie has just shat on her the father just laughs it off. Both are idiots. Grown men should behave appropriately. We don't have to pick a side on this one. Both men should know better and be better.
:eek: what video were you watching mate?

Eriku

Carragher should be able to deal with a heckle better than that... that father, though... Christ... the way he cheerfully reflects on Carra spitting at his daughter, seemingly pleased to have it on cam.

Watching that vid, I have more antipathy towards the arsehole filming it than Carragher.

Andy_Cole

Yes but one is famous and gets paid to be a celebrity. So he must behave no matter what. The other is a prat but a nobody. Agreed Carragher was provoked, but absolutely no excuse. Should be sacked and shamed for this. Worse than Gray and Keys’ lad humour.

Shark

@NotShark
Do you apply this logic to anyone that acts like a vile scumbag, of just celebrities? Where do you draw the line?

shaky

My issue is that was your first reaction. That's what I found bizarre.
My first reaction was probably one of surprise and disgust, like everyone else. Seeing as how every other comment was along those lines anyway, I didn't see much point in adding another. Sorry if you mistook my first post on this thread as the first thought that came into my mind when I heard the story.

Djemba-Djemba

My first reaction was probably one of surprise and disgust, like everyone else. Seeing as how every other comment was along those lines anyway, I didn't see much point in adding another. Sorry if you mistook my first post on this thread as the first thought that came into my mind when I heard the story.
I can see you're not defending what he did. And like I've said before I agree with you about the guy filming it. He's just as big a tosser as Carragher. What is he thinking?

The only mature one in the video is the 14 year old.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Meanwhile at RAWK...

Bjerring

Inexcusable act from Carragher, no words for that. Disgusting and petty full reaction.

The fathers lack of empathy for his daughter is mind-blowing, laughing off the chock, and as mention somewhat triumphantly realising he has Carragher spiting in his daughters face, while confirming the facts with his daughter. He could make for a tabloid journalist. How he fails to comfort his daughter, and firstly ignores her request to shut of the camera, is next level betrayal. His own flesh and blood, wow. Again Carragher disgusting, but the fathers act on this is as shocking swell, that without saying him being on his phone recording while driving!

Solver

he's an idiot though; it's easy to lose one's temper but after holding back on worse abuse on the pitch for years, you'd expect him to learn to ignore such mundane things

lambnchips

Supports
Tottenham
He's always been a bit of a mentalist off the pitch hasn't he?

I'm sure his book was just him talking about all the times his mates wanted to beat people up for him.
And on it. Don't you remember that charity England match where he was going around trying to put players in hospital? Absolute thug.

The Irish Connection

Jesus. The scousers are proper scum. Suarez, racism, this. Saw a vid yesterday as well of a lad doing similar to a bunch of scouse fans after the match and they spat at him too and then started chanting 'Munich'...

From the video, it looks like that was the first time the lad in the car said anything to him, carragher would hardly have rolled his window down before that. So, he really only said it to him once because he didn't really hear him the first time.
I've read two quotes from carragher, in one he says it happened 2/3 times and in the other it was 3/4. Which was it? Clearly bullshitting.

As for the dad, wasn't it the daughter filming? And what's wrong with a little bit of banter about the result??
These lads are the face of televised football for sky, having banter on tv regularly. The least you could expect as a football fan would be to be able to have a bit of banter with them. The man wasn't swearing or anything, and sounded jovial enough.
Nah, that's just pure scumbag behaviour. Deserves to be sacked in my opinion.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
He's got a history of reacting very badly to antagonism, so this incident should surprise no-one.

Status
Not open for further replies.