Votes: 113 14.4%
  • Buy a my little pony for the girl

Votes: 141 18.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Fair doos I agree with all that you’ve said here.
I do struggle to accept/like the fact that because he’s a ‘good’ pundit as people say there should be leniency more so than he was just a gobshite.

A question for people who say suspension is enough ‘punsihment’. How exactly is that a punishment if he’s at home on full pay? Just curious.
Suspended without pay?

And pays a large fine to charity, and anger management.

cyberman

@Berbaclass
Theres only one side of this twisting facts to suit narratives now, lets be honest.
Didn't you say he was aiming at the driver but the wind bent it away?
Good stuff.

edited @Berbaclass

Ryan Bobson

So after a bit of jovial banter Carragher fails to respond with that famous Scouse wit we are so regularly reminded about ........ Its never their fault !!!!

Xcited

Alot of people saying Jamie should keep his job. Wonder if they would say the same if it was their daughter, albeit most are likely to not be cnuts like the dad in this example. If there was some altercation between myself and any of the pundits, and it escalated to him spitting in the face of my minor daughter. I would expect his company to fire him.

I don't see any way Sky could let this slide.

Personally think he should lose his job, pay a VERY hefty fine, donated to charity. Alongside damages to the girl. Should also publically apologies. Should definitely have to undergo some form of rehabilitation, anger management seems suitable.

Father should face action for driving violation too.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Seems like a story full of bellends. Apart from the poor girl stuck between the two bellends.

Speedicut75

Someone on Talksport, who's from Merseyside, said they'd read in the Liverpool Echo that he's been done on two separate occasions for road rage. Man's got issues I suppose.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
A lot of people just have agendas and twist the narrative to suit that agenda.
Ahh that's rubbish.

Most on here respect Carra as a pundit and appreciate his level knowledge within the game, myself included, to claim there is some twisted agenda against him is just stupid and a blatant copout.

exit35

I personally don't think he should be sacked and in my opinion if they suspend him for a few weeks that'll be enough punishment espeically when you consider the public humiliation that he's suffered.

What he did was disgusting and I'm genuinely concerned when I see people trying to defend him or equate some sort of equivalence between the two. Seriously who am I sharing this Island with or the planet even. No amount of 'goading' can justify what Carragher did espeically in reaction to what appeared to be incredibly vanilla football banter.
After seeing his interview I agree with this. I don't think he deserves to be sacked but he will likely be on a final warning as to his future conduct.

Infra-red

Can we do a poll on what we think his punishment should be?
There's two questions here. What is the suitable punishment for what he did? It's technically assault, but not particularly serious - slap on the wrist would seem appropriate - in other circumstances you might expect to get lamped by the poor girl's father.

The other, separate, question is, what should Sky do? They have far more to consider than dishing out suitable punishment/retribution here. They're a broadcaster and he's one of their headline talents, and, along with Neville, the face of their premier sports show. Given the opprobrium, it is difficult to see how they can return him to our screens - they have a brand to protect. Although it might strike many of us as overly harsh, dispensing with his services probably what they should do.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Ahh that's rubbish.

Most on here respect Carra as a pundit and appreciate his level knowledge within the game, myself included, to claim there is some twisted agenda against him is just stupid and a blatant copout.
Would people react the same if this was Gary Neville? I don’t think so.

cyberman

@Berbaclass
I see a man aiming through an open window with a girl he admitted seeing sitting there. The point is he wasn't thinking.
But hey, wind trajectory and all that.
Is this not twisting a story versus taking the video as it is?

vangagal

Seems like a story full of bellends. Apart from the poor girl stuck between the two bellends.
:lol:. Damn thats so true.
The girl have reminding his dad for the whole time to stop doing that stupid thing but he ignored her. She seems upset and rightly so. If i was that little girl i will smash that phone to his dad face for being bellend. His sound at the end of video sounds so cocky.

Skills

Snitch
If he's back, I'd love the big story of the first week for him to cover would be another on pitch spitting incidence.

Revan

Assumptionman
He was an idiot for doing what he did, but I think that punishment is a bit too much and it sucks cause he is the only pundit there who speaks sense.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
On the topic of sacking; if a delivery driver or Lorry driver was caught doing that on camera they’d be sacked because they’re representing the company as well as themselves

Wouldn’t be surprised to see him sacked. That being said I’d say it’s slightly unfair especially if the guy goading him gets away without consequence

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Short of sacking him from his job at Sky, which I believe would be justified under the circumstances, what punishment do you think would fit the crime?
Apology, some community work or donation to a charity and some time off TV or something like that.

If you saw such a video of a regular person you don’t know, sure you’d think what a vile creature but your reaction definitely wouldn’t be “that man has to lose his job!”.

I wouldn’t care if they do sack him fwiw, just saying that I think some on here on overreacting.

Berbaclass

@Berbaclass
I see a man aiming through an open window with a girl he admitted seeing sitting there. The point is he wasn't thinking.
But hey, wind trajectory and all that.
Is this not twisting a story versus taking the video as it is?
I think you’re misunderstanding me. I’m simply taking exception to people insinuating that he deliberately spat at the young girl. Which is clearly not the case.

How is it unreasonable of me to suggest that based on what we have seen. He looks directly at the guy who is driving and spits at him. This narrative that “He spat at a 14 year old girl” is not correct because to me that implies intent.

People seem to be bypassing this. Spitting at people is disgusting of course I’m not defending that.

ti vu

I don't think he should get the sack now.

What I meant is he is wrong to react. Spitting at someone (not just sensationalized teen) should be condemned even if there is provocation involved. However, it's not like he's doing this on his job. Sure he would lose plenty of fan, but until we know the stats, losing him just make Sky punditry significantly worse. He is one the bearable in this shite show of punditry world.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Fecking hell he didn't rape her, did he? He lost his head for a moment, got caught and will be punished for it.

The holier than thou saints are out in full force in this thread.

Do you think you would keep yoir Job if you spat at someone at work?

Yes, he wasnt at work, but he is a public figure, and is accountable to different standards to the rest of us.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
That’s clearly what happened is it not?
This is what happened.

Initial quote in the Mirror:

“It was a bit more than, ‘Hiya Jamie, it was 2-1’. It went on for two or three times. I drove away at first and it just continued. I lost my head. I shouldn’t have done it but I was thinking what is a grown man doing, carrying on like that two or three times with his daughter in the car?”

Today’s quote:

“I didn't (see the girl), to be honest, she was leant back. I wish she wasn't involved. I hate that she was involved more than anything.”
He is basically lying through his teeth. He was fully aware that the guys daughter was in the car, yet preceded to spit in the general direction to which she was sitting.

manutddjw

A suspension is fair punishment. Regardless of what was said you can’t go reacting that way. The one thing I do sympathize with him is everyone reads the headlines or watches 20 seconds of a video and assumes they know the full story. The way the headline reads in nearly every article is like he spit on a 14 year old girl which clearly isn’t the case.

Dumbat12

Watched the video. Absolutely disgusting behavior, and the guy was just having a friendly banter (he didn't even insult him or anything). Still, Carragher is a good pundit and he should get a heavy fine for this, but getting sacked over a spit seems a tad too much.

ti vu

On the topic of sacking; if a delivery driver or Lorry driver was caught doing that on camera they’d be sacked because they’re representing the company as well as themselves

Wouldn’t be surprised to see him sacked. That being said I’d say it’s slightly unfair especially if the guy goading him gets away without consequence
But that's with them doing it on the job with company property, vehicle, uniform... being displayed. Carragher is off job.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Would people react the same if this was Gary Neville? I don’t think so.
Put it this way, I worship the ground Eric Cantona walks on, I'd willingly lose my anal virginity to him and bare his children should he request as much, but if I found out he pulled a stunt like this I'd disassociate myself with him, or any United player for that matter.

Spitting at someone is absolute filth.

Berbaclass

This is what happened.

He is basically lying through his teeth. He was fully aware that the guys daughter was in the car, yet preceded to spit in the general direction to which she was sitting.
I get what you’re saying but I don’t think there’s any way of knowing if he saw her or not at the time if the incident. It’s all hearsay. From what I remember she’s not visible in the video and would be reasonable to assume that he saw the video before making a comment to the newspaper.
Lol of course they would.
I’m talking strictly about the reaction on this forum. Not the general reaction.

I think more people are inclined to be unbalanced in this discussion due to the perpetrator being Jamie Carragher.

Status
Not open for further replies.