January Transfer Window

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Yeah but thats bloody summer by which time City will have won the league when we would have a good chance with a top quality striker this season!
A typical Chelsea fan response and really their only ever answer. Buy more players.

Why can't Jose get more out of Eto'o and Torres?

A few years ago those two would be looked upon two of the worlds best strikers.

Over the years Fergie would simply put his trust in his current players and get the most out if them.

Paolo Di Canio

"we have to realise it's a doggy dog market"
A typical Chelsea fan response and really their only ever answer. Buy more players.

Over the years Fergie would simply put his trust in his current players and get the most out if them.
I used to frown upon this myself and think "put some F'n work in on the training ground if its not working"

But then seeing us persisting with the likes of Welbeck, Cleverley, Valencia, Young etc hasnt done us any favours, Loyalty is a good trait when your putting faith one something you know will prove the doubters wrong, sometimes players just arent good enough anymore and have to cut your losses and move on

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Moyes said from the start of the window that most of our business would be done in the summer. It's not ideal but it's his job on the line so if he's happy with that risk...

Mata was obviously an excellent signing, so no complaints there. It should also increase our confidence in the club's ability to do all the neccessary work in the summer. It certainly won't be easy though and there's a lot to be done. The longer the summer window drags on without a signing the more pressure there'll be. Hopefully we have most of our business lined up already and we can make a few early deals.

ItsEssexRob

Has a slight gambling problem
Supports
Chelsea

What more can you get out of them? They are too old or have issues, who here would take Torres,Ba and Eto over United, City, Liverpool or even Arsenals strikers?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
What!!! A lot of teams in the premier league could have done with him.
I love him as a player but there are real issues there. He's just not got the right head for playing week in week out in the EPL. Oozes talent though.

Barney

"We're going to smash them (Crystal Palace)"
Supports
Liverpool
What more can you get out of them? They are too old or have issues, who here would take Torres,Ba and Eto over United, City, Liverpool or even Arsenals strikers?
United, City and Liverpool each have a world class striker though and have two - four top class options. I'd have them over Arsenal's.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Crystal Palace have had a really good window IMO. All their players are good enough as squad players at least for the level they're at but crucially even if they do get relegated they'd probably all stay with the club. They're doing it sensibly rather than being silly like QPR last year. I dislike Pulis and disliked his Stoke side (thought they could have achieved more given how much they spent, plus their awful football) but he does know how to keep a club in the league. Would be a great achievement to do so at Palace and would deserve a place in the top 3 of MOTY.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
Was down the pub...Mate of mine told me we signed Kroos for 24 million....Legged it home from the pub to join the discussion here..It wasn't true!!

feck Jim White day!!....And feck all you transfer muppets!!

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
Don't know why there was so much build up to this deadline day. The summer window is far more exciting on the last day compared to this window. We did our business last week, it would have been near impossible to get two signings like Mata down in a week.

Sauxees Moi Hui

I can't believe that Arsenal has brought in Kallstrom. He was/is a backup player at Spartak Moscow. Not nearly good enough. Arsenal would have been better off with Anderson, FFS.

Rondon from Rubin to Zenit for 18M (euro?) - absolute nonsense of a fee for a 24-year-old striker who is not particularly prolific. Wonder whether there are some machinations going on behind the scenes.

Liverpool and Konoplyanka - LOLZ.

Marat Izmaylov from FC Porto to Azerbaijan. Umm, okay.

ravelston

Fulham doing some good business on the last day. Lewis Holtby and Konstantinos Mitroglou in. Also good for us, we now face Olympiakos without their best striker.
Can't help wondering if we gave them Tunnicliffe and Cole as a thank you for the Mitroglou transfer. Probably the only way we were likely to have a chance of getting past Olympiakos.

MDFC Manager

Can't help wondering if we gave them Tunnicliffe and Cole as a thank you for the Mitroglou transfer. Probably the only way we were likely to have a chance of getting past Olympiakos.
We would have beat them regardless.

Im red2

Prophet of Doom
In the begining(time), God created the Heavens(spa
Moyes said from the start of the window that most of our business would be done in the summer. It's not ideal but it's his job on the line so if he's happy with that risk...

Mata was obviously an excellent signing, so no complaints there. It should also increase our confidence in the club's ability to do all the neccessary work in the summer. It certainly won't be easy though and there's a lot to be done. The longer the summer window drags on without a signing the more pressure there'll be. Hopefully we have most of our business lined up already and we can make a few early deals.
Our first business could well be Moyes being told not to let the door hit him on the ass on the way out.

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
You still believe we were just blind bidding without any sort of idea?

I think you'll find it's you who is crazy.
Do you honestly think we'd just bid £25mil for Fabregas. Fabregas and all the players in the big Spanish clubs seem to enjoy using United to help their contract negotiations.
Yep it turned out ibwas right ;)