Januzaj on loan to Sunderland?

Ji_Maria

I am not sure why, but I can't help but feel that he will never wear a United shirt again if this loan happens.
Why not? Even if we get Pedro, Young and Valencia are getting up there in age and we will need proper backup on the wings soon. Januzaj can also slot in the no. 10 role when needed (sadly Mata is also getting up there in age).

rover

lvg has already treated januzaj as a striker:

The striker is Wayne Rooney and we also have Hernandez, Januzaj and Wilson.

rooney > chicharito > wilson basically offering more or less a similar game and only januzaj can provide additional dimensions to our current attack setup. really don't see lvg would allow januzaj to go out on loan this season especially this is inside his mind that januzaj has a pecking order higher than wilson

Member 39557

Surely I wasn't the only one who noticed how lively we looked in attack when LVG threw the youngsters on against Barcelona?

He has to keep them around for plan B purposes at the least? Januzaj should stay in my opinion.

JackXX

No way we should let him go. I can't remember the last time Rooney had a good game for United and even though there's no way he won't be first choice we definitely need options.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Doesn't look like he's going to get game time here and I'd give precedent to Wilson for the backup attacking role, I'd be happy to see him as a starter for a premiership side this year and come back ready to compete for a first team place next season.

jem

No way we should let him go. I can't remember the last time Rooney had a good game for United and even though there's no way he won't be first choice we definitely need options.
the 3-0 destruction of Tottenham is the last one that springs to mind.

Andy Jones

Supports
SUNDERLAND
Adam Johnson out for 8 weeks. Supposed to have a shoulder injury. I'm dubious.

Can we have Adnan sent to Sunderland ASAP? Many thanks.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan

if it means he gets minutes, then so be it. LVG clearly has no faith in him and if he can't even make it to the bench his career is not going to progress here.

Sid234

Didn't Johnson get banned by the club and isn't he currently under a police investigation?

Nathan

I actually think this could be a good move for him. The more games he gets under his belt can only be good for him in terms of his development.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
I'd like to see him push for the first team this season....why the heck not?................. (*hides)
Memphis on left, Mata or Pedro on right and Januzaj behind Rooney in the middle... if he can be more dynamic than Juan as a supporting attacker then why not but that's a still 'maybe'. Not sure about his firepower that we need badly.

JohnnyLaw

Memphis on left, Mata or Pedro on right and Januzaj behind Rooney in the middle... if he can be more dynamic than Juan as a supporting attacker then why not but that's a still 'maybe'. Not sure about his firepower that we need badly.
Oh, I would absolutely love to see us give that a real try.

Rich_H_1989

lost in a street fight to van gaal
lvg has already treated januzaj as a striker:

rooney > chicharito > wilson basically offering more or less a similar game and only januzaj can provide additional dimensions to our current attack setup. really don't see lvg would allow januzaj to go out on loan this season especially this is inside his mind that januzaj has a pecking order higher than wilson
Rooney, Hernandez and Wilson offer similar qualities? Hmm not sure about that. In fact I think they offer 3 very different options. Rooney is all over the place and tries to do a bit of everything. Hernandez is more your typical fox in the box with pace to get in behind. Wilson, well I'm not sure what his game is based on? I think he's the kind who likes to run at people with the ball? That said yes I agree januzaj does offer something different again.

What's fairly clear to me though is that Januzaj is 4th choice behind them. So that means he's unlikely to get many minutes. Mind you I get the impression LVG isn't much of a fan of his.

RedStarUnited

Put in a clause that says he must play a minimum amount of games. I dont want to have a G.Rossi sotuation when we sent him to Newcastle and he barely played.

Then again Adnan might want to stick around and play in the CL etc.

Varun

Staff
Put in a clause that says he must play a minimum amount of games. I dont want to have a G.Rossi sotuation when we sent him to Newcastle and he barely played.

Then again Adnan might want to stick around and play in the CL etc.
He won't play in the CL though.

markelphick

I think it will benefit both him and us if he goes out on loan.. I can't see LVG playing him much this season, as much as I'd like to see him given more of a chance, I don't think it'll happen this season.

Sunderland is a team where he'd be probably be in the starting 11 every week and those minutes will benefit him and ultimately us (if he comes back)

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Why is this still being talked about? I thought it was just a rumour, is it anything more now?

I hope both he and Wilson stay, they will get more minutes, our squad has less depth in their positions than it did last season, and we have more games, they will get time here I think, including injuries & bad form they could really have the chance to stake a place for the XI, whether they do or not is another story but I want them to stay.

Varun

Staff
As a footballer you have to think positively. If we get the group games wrapped up early he might play more.
It's better to be realistic at this stage of his career and plan long term. He really needs a loan move.

rover

Rooney, Hernandez and Wilson offer similar qualities? Hmm not sure about that. In fact I think they offer 3 very different options. Rooney is all over the place and tries to do a bit of everything. Hernandez is more your typical fox in the box with pace to get in behind. Wilson, well I'm not sure what his game is based on? I think he's the kind who likes to run at people with the ball? That said yes I agree januzaj does offer something different again.

What's fairly clear to me though is that Januzaj is 4th choice behind them. So that means he's unlikely to get many minutes. Mind you I get the impression LVG isn't much of a fan of his.
oh yeah, wilson is so skinny rooney is so fattie & chicharito is so cutie, certainly they are different players you genius. they are all players nothing but finishers. apart from finishing they are all limited in build up play.

the major issue of januzaj is he is still young so that he may not be reliable. this is a time game to lvg hence his priority would be on those who can deliver immediately

Unlikely lad

oh yeah, wilson is so skinny rooney is so fattie & chicharito is so cutie, certainly they are different players you genius. they are all players nothing but finishers. apart from finishing they are all limited in build up play.

the major issue of januzaj is he is still young so that he may not be reliable. this is a time game to lvg hence his priority would be on those who can deliver immediately
Yeah, because finishing and build up play are the only 2 things strikers can be good at.

Rich_H_1989

All 3 are completely different types of players. Rooney isn't actually a great finisher and I certainly don't think he's a natural whereas Hernandez is.

Yeah, because finishing and build up play are the only 2 things strikers can be good at.
Completely agree with you! Rooney has so much more to his game than scoring and providing direct assists.

Unlikely lad

Completely agree with you! Rooney has so much more to his game than scoring and providing direct assists.
Yep, discounting his defensive work, his general positional play is sometimes forgotten, which was highlighted last season in that City game.

Wilson brings pace, and Hernandez clever runs and positioning, they really aren't all the same players.

markelphick

All 3 are completely different types of players. Rooney isn't actually a great finisher and I certainly don't think he's a natural whereas Hernandez is.

Really? I kinda disagree.. In 09/10 & 11/12 seasons, he was brilliant. He's definitely a great finisher if he plays up top and stays there.

Green_Red

Id rather see him go to a team that will play attacking creative football. Also one with a good rep. Southampton / Swansea?

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
Id rather see him go to a team that will play attacking creative football. Also one with a good rep. Southampton / Swansea?
You'd rather he went to Swansea/Southampton than to Sunderland?
So you'd rather he sat on the bench half the time then?

Last edited:

Rich_H_1989

Really? I kinda disagree.. In 09/10 & 11/12 seasons, he was brilliant. He's definitely a great finisher if he plays up top and stays there.
He's a scorer of great goals but he's not a great goalscorer and I don't believe it really comes naturally to him. He has to work on it really hard and he's very patchy. For example I'd say with a very high degree of confidence that Ronaldo, Messi or even Hernandez would have slotted that Spurs chance away, probably first time... Instead he took a touch, couldn't get it out of his feet and allowed Walker to do the job.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
seeing as both the player and manager have rubbished this, it looks like this can be put to rest now.

he'll get his chances yet.