Januzaj on loan to Sunderland?

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
As long as he doesn't go out on the pull with Adam Johnson I'm ok with it.

I think he'll have more freedom to attack with inferior players around him.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I'd rather we keep him and loan Wilson out.
We have plenty of options though should we loan him out:
Striker: Rooney, Hernandez, Wilson
Wing forward: Depay, Pedro, Mata, Young, Pereira

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I'd imagine the position they were in, it was more needs must football. He had to keep them up. Maybe that is why they let Wickham go. They have Graham and Fletcher there. Adnan could easily score more goals than them. They might play him as a striker.
I gather, from the responses in this thread, including the Sunderland supporter, that they're in much better shape to play decent football this season. If that's the case then this may turn out to be a good opportunity from Januzaj to be able t.o play PL football every week. I assumed that Sunderland were going to be scrapping away as per normal which would be terrible for a player of his kind.

I still think we can do with his skill give our lack of attacking quality

Andy Jones

Supports
SUNDERLAND
Pretty much! Nah, the drinking thing about Sunderland's dressing room's been going around a long time and there's been plenty of taabloid stuff, (Fletcher gobbing on people during nights out etc). Sunderland's not alone there, United for one's had it's problems with it (especially at the fecking christmas parties) but it seems to surround the club more than most in the top flight nowadays.

Then there's the youth player thing - think the club have relatively few kids break through and play consistently in the first team for awhile (can only think of Henderson without looking it up) - so why would they bother developing one of ours, especially one who is still raw?
There's obviously been a problem, Cattermole and Bendtner smashing up cars in Newcastle a few years back, Fletcher swigging vodka from the bottle and spitting on people and Cabral and others being more than slightly inclined to fags. Think we're on a better track though.

We've actually got a good Academy and there's some lads (Pickford, Beadling, Honeyman and Watmore) who are destined to make it but over the years we've always seemed reluctant to throw them in. I can see both sides of the coin if I'm honest. We've been constantly battling with relegation, changing manager and bringing in new backroom staff so it's going to be hard seeing these lads and throwing them in to do a job in the relegation battle. On the other hand, how are they supposed to develop if they aren't playing first team football and the highest level possible. Certainly last year, Tom Beadling and Duncan Watmore could have been game-changers. We struggled at times (though, the 0-8, 1-4 and 0-4's were embarrassing, we weren't as bad as people believe defensively) with pace in the back 4. Beadling has been training with the first team, is a good player and is quick so could have played even 5% of games and made a difference. Watmore is an excellent talent too. We were crying out for someone direct with bags of pace. He was scoring goals for fun in the U21's and his confidence was through the roof. Didn't get off the bench.

You'd be surprised how many have come out of our Academy and are playing decent level football.

Jordan Henderson and Jack Colback are the high-profile names but there's Martyn Waghorn who's gone to Rangers, Louis Laing has just moved to Motherwell after a year at Nottingham Forest, John Egan was very good for Gillingham last season, Scott Harrison is an important player for Hartlepool, David Ferguson has just been named captain of Blackpool, Jordan Cook was at Charlton and played at Walsall last season, Billy Knott spent three or four seasons with our Academy and is now an excellent young player for Bradford.

We can produce them and I'm sure if one or two (Knott, Laing, Egan) of the aforementioned lot had played at first team level more, they'd still be here in the first team. Unfortunately our on the field troubles has prevented us throwing them in. Hopefully this season we'll be more settled and playing better football so we can give these young lads more opportunities.

ghagua

Don't want him to go out on loan. He has been part of the first team for 2 years now and will get plenty of game time this season if LvG uses him correctly. Yea, he may or may not get more game time on loan, but he will learn more at United where he eventually needs to perform.

Trizy

I'd like him to get 30+ games a season but we'll need him here.

Charlie Foley

Ever since Macheda I'm always worried of a player going on loan to one of the lower down clubs and then their manager getting sacked and the new manager never plays our loanee. @Andy Jones what are your opening fixtures like? Also, what makes you so confident you won't be near relegation? You could do a Hull.

Don't get too bogged down with the anti Sunderland stuff by the way. I think most people liked you when Keane was manager (I know I did) and under Bruce...Welbeck and Evans did well on loan up there, and there's always been a few ex-reds up there.

However, di Canio and Poyet are both really odious characters and that turned many people off the club. They along with Martin O'Neill had you playing fairly shite football which sticks in people's minds. The Aguero celebrations were petty, and really small time especially as you'd just lost. I reckon the fact that you've actually had a fairly decent record against us in recent years hasn't helped.

Maybe the Dutch link would help, and it would get him a lot of playing time. I don't really know where else I'd send him, on one level I'd love to see him at Bournemouth but I don't know how well he'd fit there. West Brom?

Not really keen on him going on loan to be honest, would like to see him get games here.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
I just can't see it happening. It was Sunderland who enquired, not United and Adnan himself has made it clear he's not interested in going on loan.

I've been wrong before, admittedly.

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?
Genuinely hope not. You can see the work he's put in at the gym over the summer and there is finally some space in our attack to get him a decent number of starts. He'll be 20 for most of this season, so still much experience to gain but if he's going to have a chance to truly succeed here, now's the best time IMO.

Andy Jones

Supports
SUNDERLAND
Ever since Macheda I'm always worried of a player going on loan to one of the lower down clubs and then their manager getting sacked and the new manager never plays our loanee. @Andy Jones what are your opening fixtures like? Also, what makes you so confident you won't be near relegation? You could do a Hull.

Don't get too bogged down with the anti Sunderland stuff by the way. I think most people liked you when Keane was manager (I know I did) and under Bruce...Welbeck and Evans did well on loan up there, and there's always been a few ex-reds up there.

However, di Canio and Poyet are both really odious characters and that turned many people off the club. They along with Martin O'Neill had you playing fairly shite football which sticks in people's minds. The Aguero celebrations were petty, and really small time especially as you'd just lost. I reckon the fact that you've actually had a fairly decent record against us in recent years hasn't helped.

Maybe the Dutch link would help, and it would get him a lot of playing time. I don't really know where else I'd send him, on one level I'd love to see him at Bournemouth but I don't know how well he'd fit there. West Brom?

Not really keen on him going on loan to be honest, would like to see him get games here.
Think the whole Poznan think soured people's opinions of us. Shame because I've always held a high opinion of United and your support and it's not nice seeing the many detrimental comments about my club.

We've got a great chance of picking up points. Opening 6 games are Leicester, Norwich, Swansea, Villa, Spurs and Bourenmouth. We've got an experienced manager in and have improved the squad. We still need a couple of more but we are definitely better off, I also don't think they'd sack Advoccat unless things were catastrophic as he only has a one year deal.

Charlie Foley

I think I'm right in thinking the last time you went a full season without sacking the manager was 2010/2011 :eek:

Donut

Not even on the bench today. Might be something in this.

JON.B

Sloop
If this happens I'm going to be so dissapointed, thought he would be one of the players to thrive under LvG but it looks like being the opposite.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
Ridiculous. He scores then doesn't get another minute.

Absolutely delighted 30 year old Young gets a new 3 year contract though. ..

YouOnlyLiveTwice

He definitely shouldn't go to effing Sunderland the way they are playing, we need to make good choices for our players who needs a loan.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
Wasn't even in the matchday squad today if I were him I'd push for a loan, he needs games to develop, no matter where it is, Wilson too.

Robbie Boy

And this is exactly why I don't want him going there. I just think they have a collection of random players and will struggle for any kind of cohesion / system.

Mainoldo

And this is exactly why I don't want him going there. I just think they have a collection of random players and will struggle for any kind of cohesion / system.
Where should he go then? Realistic? Everton's of this world aren't going to play him.

Robbie Boy

Where should he go then? Realistic? Everton's of this world aren't going to play him.
Yup either are Swansea which would both be perfect. I would rather keep him in and around the squad. If we don't sign a striker, he should get chances. I don't mind if he goes to Sunderland and plays every game but I question how the loan would work out.

El Zoido

He doesn't need to be loaned out, if he's good enough he'll make the side. Loans are crap, they virtually never work. The player end up bouncing from loan club to loan club before being sold for a paltry fee. The only successful loan spells people ever point to are Beckham (played five loan games 20 years ago), and Welbeck. It's madness. Is he going to come back here a world beater? It'll stunt his development if anything, he needs to be training with better players than Sunderland if he's to make it here.

LR7

Pedro's arrival will only make it worse. I hope he goes on loan. He'll come back better than a season on the bench. My only concern is how much time he will get if Sunderland are in the shit.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
What was the point in LVG going over the top in his praise for him after Barcelona only for him to get dropped completely ever since?

Happy for Pereira being in the squad but his chances going to be minimal too. Nevermind Wilson and Lingard.

Blah. Our DNA has changed...

Theatre0fDreams

I'm a bit worried about this. We all know Depay is naturally a left winger and the next big player we've been linked with (Pedro) also prefers the left wing. We also know Mata is not a right winger naturally but is still playing there since he contributes with goals/assists.

But Mata can't run past players so I would like to see Januzaj given a chance in the cup games. I can see Januzaj challenging and even earning that RW position if/when Mata goes missing for a few games. To me, Januzaj has every right to stay at United & fight for that RW position regardless of whether we sign Pedro or not.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
I'm a bit worried about this. We all know Depay is naturally a left winger and the next big player we've been linked with (Pedro) also prefers the left wing. We also know Mata is not a right winger naturally but is still playing there since he contributes with goals/assists.

But Mata can't run past players so I would like to see Januzaj given a chance in the cup games. I can see Januzaj challenging and even earning that RW position if/when Mata goes missing for a few games. To me, Januzaj has every right to stay at United & fight for that RW position regardless of whether we sign Pedro or not.
Pedro prefers the right wing.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Moyes was honestly better than van Gaal in this regard. He at least gave januzaj the chance to play! The kid is a potential worldie. People talk about the most amazing players they've seen in the reserves or u-21 but Adnan has done it on the first team! Not even being on the bench is just ridiculous and a loan to Sunderland is worth nothing.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Moyes was honestly better than van Gaal in this regard. He at least gave januzaj the chance to play! The kid is a potential worldie. People talk about the most amazing players they've seen in the reserves or u-21 but Adnan has done it on the first team! Not even being on the bench is just ridiculous and a loan to Sunderland is worth nothing.
Based on preseason, Pereira earned his place on the bench ahead of Januzaj,

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Van Gaal gave him 18 appearances last year and few would dispute that he didn't take his chance to permanently force his way onto the first team. He needs playing time which is why a loan would be ideal.

LR7

I don't know why people are so negative about a loan. Another season here as a bit part player would be worse.

Lentwood

I can't think of an example, other than David Beckham, of a player we have sent out on loan and then they have gone on to be a proper first team regular. Most of them go out and don't improve. Not sure somebody as talented as Adnan would benefit from slogging away in a relegation dogfight

datura

I can't think of an example, other than David Beckham, of a player we have sent out on loan and then they have gone on to be a proper first team regular. Most of them go out and don't improve. Not sure somebody as talented as Adnan would benefit from slogging away in a relegation dogfight
Evans, Welbeck, Cleverley...

wiz4231

We need to move Mata to #10 to create a place for him even if Pedro arrives.
LW - Young/Depay
#10 - Mata/Pereira
RW - Pedro/Januzaj

Ringo 07

It's a perfect move for him. He needs game time at this stage. Any mid-table club is ideal for him. He won't get much game time here with Rooney up front. I'd be happy to see us sell Chicharito to West Ham and then use the bread to buy Berahino as his pace would give us more options in attack.....Adnan is miles away from being ready for the first team here and he needs to go out on loan...Once Pedro is signed and sealed then I wouldn't be surprised if Adnan left on loan then

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Van Gaal gave him 18 appearances last year and few would dispute that he didn't take his chance to permanently force his way onto the first team. He needs playing time which is why a loan would be ideal.
I'm sorry but Van Gaal has given him crap playing him in these weird positions where he doesn't belong. He's a central player and that's where he should play.

Also, Sunderland are hardly an attacking team. He'd be better of getting league cup games here than Sunderland. He'd be involved in what 3 attacks per 3 games (if he even plays every game)

Based on preseason, Pereira earned his place on the bench ahead of Januzaj,
But should we base our selection on preseason or preseason and the last two seasons? Januzaj has been the better player. He needs to start.

Bwuk

He'd of done as good a job as any of our front 4 today.