Jarrod Bowen under investigation for racist tweet

Ladron de redcafe

No, it was sarcasm met with sarcasm. I didn’t want to specifically bold quote the person due to the absurdity of the, but, I guess I should have done so for the more pedant among us. Even the one of the two who perhaps wasn’t replying as sarcastic realized what I did & posted as such.

Wasn’t aware that you were arbiter of facetiousness / sarcasm. Just reading my first line alone should scream sarcasm to most rational people, my second line should have further illuminates that. I can see how it wasn’t the case with you.

Calm down, little one, no need to try to ‘educate’ people on here. You fall desperately short at it. Love the grammar gems in your first paragraph as well.
You're welcome. You seem wound up. Atleast 3 people attempted to tell you that you were mistaken.

If your post screamed sarcasm, then the posters who attempted to educate you must have missed it. In any case, I had no problem giving you the benefit of the doubt and pointing out that it may not have been what you meant.

Carry on with "little fella" and the childish aggressive remarks. Enjoyable to read the words of a clearly inexplicably seething individual.

E-mal

It completely water down the whole struggle. This is not offensive to me in any way as a black person. Why not save the struggle for real racism and social injustice in our society?
Let the young man be!

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
You're welcome. You seem wound up. Atleast 3 people attempted to tell you that you were mistaken.

If your post screamed sarcasm, then the posters who attempted to educate you must have missed it. In any case, I had no problem giving you the benefit of the doubt and pointing out that it may not have been what you meant.

Carry on with "little fella" and the childish aggressive remarks. Enjoyable to read the words of a clearly inexplicably seething individual.
‘Inexplicably seething,’ dear christ, what delusion. Fitting, though. Tough to glean anything but sarcasm with my second line of the post. No worries, though. I should have referenced the particular line better.

At least we got through a round of posts without criticizing the syntax / grammar. That’s something.

Ladron de redcafe

‘Inexplicably seething,’ dear christ, what delusion. Fitting, though. Tough to glean anything but sarcasm with my second line of the post. No worries, though. I should have referenced the particular line better.

At least we got through a round of posts without criticizing the syntax / grammar. That’s something.
Reading through this and if seems as though I was right. Welcome for the grammar lesson, again.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Reading through this and if seems as though I was right. Welcome for the grammar lesson, again.
Great grammar & syntax, bro, two for one.

Stop, please? You’re not the Pink Panther ferreting our anything, you’re a puritanical pedant, a dog with a bone here. I’ve explained I was being sarcastic, followed up the post explaining that to another, just calm down. You’re not a tick hound hunting down a scent.

Ladron de redcafe

Great grammar & syntax, bro, two for one.

Stop, please? You’re not the Pink Panther ferreting our anything, you’re a puritanical pedant, a dog with a bone here. I’ve explained I was being sarcastic, followed up the post explaining that to another, just calm down. You’re not a tick hound hunting down a scent.
Stop what, "bro"? What are you wound up about here, exactly? I'm the one who pointed out to the rest that you were in fact being sarcastic, in an effort to defend you when others were calling you out.

If you're seething for some reason, go do it somewhere else. No idea why you're bombarding me with posts, lashing out.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
"
Stop what, "bro"? What are you wound up about here, exactly? I'm the one who pointed out to the rest that you were in fact being sarcastic, in an effort to defend you when others were calling you out.

If you're seething for some reason, go don't somewhere else. No idea why you're bombarding me with posts, lashing out.
I’m simply replying to posts that you are sending directly to me. How should I play this particular reindeer game with you? Wait, please don’t answer that - we will just go round & round here, but it’ll be pretty puerile.

And I hate to say it again, but please don’t be so arrogant as to criticize an other person’s grammar & syntax, perhaps not mashing the keyboard so quickly to get your hot takes out will allow you to not make mistakes.

Ladron de redcafe

I’m simply replying to posts that you are sending directly to me. How should I play this particular reindeer game with you? Wait, please don’t answer that - we will just go round & round here, but it’ll be pretty puerile.

And I hate to say it again, but please don’t be so arrogant as to criticize an other person’s grammar & syntax, perhaps not mashing the keyboard so quickly to get your hot takes out will allow you to not make mistakes.
And I am responding to posts you're sending directly to me.

There is no going round and round anything. Let's recap:

You make yourself sound like an idiot by stating that the n word and it's derivatives weren't offensive prior to 2012.

Several posters attempt to educate you on that fact that you're wrong.

I step in and point out that you were probably sarcastic and that it wasn't what you meant.

You sit there stewing and seething, telling me that it's obvious you were sarcastic, to which I respond what it wasn't to the other posters, which is why I defended you.

You lash out and claim that I'm harping on grammar.

See how ridiculous this entire conversation is? If you had spent 5 seconds sorting out your thoughts and assimilated what I was saying instead of insulting me, you wouldn't be confused.

So take your own advice. Don't mash your buttons quickly. Sort out your thoughts. Not doing so resulted in this whole misunderstanding.

Last edited:

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
And I am responding to posts you're sending directly to me.

There is no going round and round anything. Let's recap:

You make yourself sound like an idiot by stating that the n word and it's derivatives weren't offensive prior to 2012.

Several posters attempt to educate you on that fact that you're wrong.

I step in an point out that you were probably sarcastic and that it wasn't what you meant.

You sit there stewing and seething, telling me that it's obvious you were sarcastic, to which I respond what it wasn't to the other poster. Which is why I defended you.

You lash out and claim that I'm harping on grammar.

See how ridiculous this entire conversation is? If you had spent 5 seconds sorting out your thoughts so as so assimilate what I was saying, instead of insulting me, you wouldn't be confused.

So that's my advice to you.
Ahhh, yes, absolutism.

You keep referencing a point that was not mine, made clear by me within that post as well as after. You also were the first to bring up syntax, I am merely suggesting you clean yours up before criticizing others. Perhaps your syntax isn’t as flawless as you think & your points are not so elucidated.

I saw sarcasm back from the responders, especially the ‘Earth’ response. We can argue about whose sarcasm radar is more on tune, but that’s silly.

You need to look through that finely calibrated prism to describe in your last point when looking at yourself.

Shall we continue the dance? It’s getting a bit tedious & isn't advancing the thread at all.

Ladron de redcafe

Ahhh, yes, absolutism.

You keep referencing a point that was not mine, made clear by me within that post as well as after. You also were the first to bring up syntax, I am merely suggesting you clean yours up before criticizing others. Perhaps your syntax isn’t as flawless as you think & your points are not so elucidated.

I saw sarcasm back from the responders, especially the ‘Earth’ response. We can argue about whose sarcasm radar is more on tune, but that’s silly.

You need to look through that finely calibrated prism to describe in your last point when looking at yourself.

Shall we continue the dance? It’s getting a bit tedious & isn't advancing the thread at all.
I'm actually referencing a direct post of yours, to which others responded.

My syntax didn't result in any confusion here; yours did. You can attempt to cite my own grammatical mistakes because you evidently seem wound up by the fact that someone pointed out your basic error, but that isn't relevant to the point on hand, in any way, shape or form?

There's no dance to be had. You seem obstinate enough to want to waste your own time repeating yourself ad-nasueum without adding anything worthwhile to the discussion.

You resorted to lashing out and childishly digressing by insulting me rather than assimilating what I'm saying and recognizing that I'm not the one attacking you. You cap it off by telling me to take my time before I post, obliviously doing the same as you type out another nonsensical rant in the process.

You're right. This is tedious. Let's see whether you decide to carry on wasting both of our time?

lsd

The Oracle
I think most people agree with you that it's not an excuse. And that the incident was ignorant and shouldn't be excused. Where people disagree is whether a punishment like a ban is exorbitant, given that he was only a teenager when he did it, and that it doesn't appear that he engaged in the same behaviour in the time since (which means he might have learned since that time).

Some people are advocating sending the player to a course. That isn't necessarily a punishment, and can't be interpreted as extreme.

Agree with your overall point. Even at that age, we knew that certain words are inappropriate, and I would think that most people should know better than to use offensive terms like that in their adolescent years.

The problem is not punishing him will seem like the FA is saying it's ok to be racist if you are a kid especially a kid who may be a good footballer

You look at the ages of some of the people who have been caught sending racist abuse on twitter to players and they are similar ages. It's going to hard to fight against that by not punishing Bowen now for what he said whether you believe it was racist or not. I personally believe using the word is racist and certainly very ignorant

It's a headache the FA could have done without but they will have to something to Bowen

Ladron de redcafe

The problem is not punishing him will seem like the FA is saying it's ok to be racist if you are a kid especially a kid who may be a good footballer

You look at the ages of some of the people who have been caught sending racist abuse on twitter to players and they are similar ages. It's going to hard to fight against that by not punishing Bowen now for what he said whether you believe it was racist or not. I personally believe using the word is racist and certainly very ignorant

It's a headache the FA could have done without but they will have to something to Bowen
That's also true, I suppose. Part of me feels that a fine seems harsh at this point, but I agree with your point as well. The FA can't seem to be seen as being alright with these sort of comments made by anyone, even at that age, and letting this go unpunished wouldn't be a good look, moving forward.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Quality control
I'm actually referencing a direct post of yours, to which others responded.

My syntax didn't result in any confusion here; yours did. You can attempt to cite my own grammatical mistakes because you evidently seem wound up by the fact that someone pointed out your basic error, but that isn't relevant to the point on hand, in any way, shape or form?

There's no dance to be had. You seem obstinate enough to want to waste your own time repeating yourself ad-nasueum without adding anything worthwhile to the discussion.

You resorted to lashing out and childishly distressing by insulting me rather than assimilating what I'm saying and recognizing that I'm not the one attacking you. You cap it off by telling me to take my time before I post, obliviously doing the same as you type out another nonsensical rant in the process.

You're right. This is tedious.

Whoops, sorry, too seething? Too emotive? Then, just a :lol: at your first statement alone. It was a post quoting someone else. You brought this up first. Bess your heart.

I’ll refrain from discussing your other bulletpoints, as steeped in delusion as they are.

Calm. Down. No. Need. To. Increase. The. Tedium. Please. Latch. On. To. Another. Scent.

I even used periods to showcase breathing, serenity, being calm. Please try to do the same. Enjoy the rest of your night or day.

Ladron de redcafe

Whoops, sorry, too seething? Too emotive? Then, just a :lol: at your first statement alone. It was a post quoting someone else. You brought this up first. Bess your heart.

I’ll refrain from discussing your other bulletpoints, as steeped in delusion as they are.

Calm. Down. No. Need. To. Increase. The. Tedium. Please. Latch. On. To. Another. Scent.

I even used periods to showcase breathing, serenity, being calm. Please try to do the same. Enjoy the rest of your night or day.
Ah here's another glorious rant, replete with emojis typed out in anger! Even went through the effort to dig up a pic and uploaded that. Beautiful.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Ah here's another glorious rant, replete with emojis typed out in anger! Even went through the effort to dig up a pic and uploaded that. Beautiful.
Calm down, bro. Have had it in gif form for a while now. It’s not a strenuous task to post gifs, is it? You really can’t assimilate sarcasm, can you? To mock the pedantry somewhat, it was only one emoji.

Brother, find another scent. Latch onto another bone. Your vapidity is also tedious.

Ladron de redcafe

Calm down, bro. Have had it in gif form for a while now. It’s not a strenuous task to post gifs, is it? You really can’t assimilate sarcasm, can you? To mock the pedantry somewhat, it was only one emoji.

Brother, find another scent. Latch onto another bone. Your vapidity is also tedious.
Sure. Nothing screams calm and adjusted more than a rant. And a plethora of "bros" as the poster in question desperately tries to prove to you he isn't seething.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Sure. Nothing screams calm and adjusted more than a rant. And a plethora of "bros" as the poster in question desperately tries to prove to you he isn't seething.
Yep, spot on, sport, champ, ace, slick, guv, etc. Brilliant detective work along with your infallible sense of scent tracking.

Bless your heart again. Another round of severe vapidity. At least you’re consistent.

Yawn.

Ladron de redcafe

Yep, spot on, sport, champ, ace, slick, guv, etc. Brilliant detective work along with your infallible sense of scent tracking.

Bless your heart again. Another round of severe vapidity. At least you’re consistent.

Yawn.
Still desperately trying to prove to me you aren't unhinged, I see.

Poor little Calodo. Bless his little heart.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Still desperately trying to prove to me you aren't unhinged, I see.

Poor little Calodo. Bless his little heart.
If I only had a Fitbit monitor on to record my heart rate over the past hour or so...

Yawn, again. Your tedium is overwhelming. I’ll keep responding to see what delusion comes in response. I’ll bite as I’ve got to spend a few hours here on the computer. It’s truly bemusing to interact with such a staunchly insipid poster.

Someone seems to not understand what ‘bless his heart’ means coming from an American. No worries, though.

Ladron de redcafe

If I only had a Fitbit monitor on to record my heart rate over the past hour or so...

Yawn, again. Your tedium is overwhelming. I’ll keep responding to see what delusion comes in response. I’ll bite as I’ve got to spend a few hours here on the computer. It’s truly bemusing to interact with such a staunchly insipid poster.
Like clockwork. Here he is again. Back to try to prove himself to me. Back with more lashing out as he obliviously reveals his bitterness.

Keep responding all you want. It's enjoyable watching a grown man obsecrate, this way.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Like clockwork. Here he is again. Back to try to prove himself to me. Back with more lashing out as he obliviously reveals his bitterness.

Keep responding all you want. It's enjoyable watching a grown man obsecrate, this way.
Wow, the deluded fairytalist thinks I’m trying to be supplicant? feck me, the narcissism here.

Pong. Let’s see what the next erudite reply is.

No skin off my back to reply to such buffoonish posts.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Take your own advice and stop wasting my time with odd posts that have nothing to do with the thread.
Sorry to be a bit pedantic, but you initially responded to my post. The resulting tête-à-tête stemmed from that.

I’m asking a question to see if you want to stop this merry go round of nothingness. How ‘bout it?

Ladron de redcafe

Sorry to be a bit pedantic, but you initially responded to my post. The resulting tête-à-tête stemmed from that.

I’m asking a question to see if you want to stop this merry go round of nothingness. How ‘bout it?
No. I initially defended you after people told you that you don't know what you're talking about, because you wrote that the n word and it's derivatives weren't offensive prior to 2012.

You went on a bizzare rant about how it was obvious that. You were sarcastic, to which I agreed but said that it must not have been obvious to the others.

You decided to bombard me with a bunch of odd, bitter messages, derailing the thread in the process, and then asked me whether "we" could stop derailing the thread.

Ofcourse, we can.

Ladron de redcafe

Your narcissism is showing here. There’s no scoreboard.

It is always enjoyable toying with pedants, though. We both are displaying some tendencies here.
Your bitterness and desperation, and projection is manifest. If you want to continue derailing this thread, go ahead. But stop playing a victim. You're wasting everyone's time.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
No. I initially defended you after people told you that you don't know what you're talking about, because you wrote that the n word and it's derivatives weren't offensive prior to 2012.

You went on a bizzare rant about how it was obvious that. You were sarcastic, to which I agreed but said that it must not have been obvious to the others.

You decided to bombard me with a bunch of odd, bitter messages, derailing the thread in the process, and then asked me whether "we" could stop derailing the thread.

Ofcourse, we can.
Wow, the sky color in some people’s worlds.

Alright, have a great day / night!

Ladron de redcafe

Wow, the sky color in some people’s worlds.

Alright, have a great day / night!
Ah one last bitter post from a man who's obsecrsting for the approval of a complete stranger. This time, without a stream of emojies, atleast.

Have a nice day.