Jarrod Bowen

Woziak

he always gives United some trouble. not sure how he would do here with how much of the play is focused on the left side of attack. given the current trend of ignoring the right wing I would put money on him playing more on the left if we ever did sign him.
Not under ETH, he plays the same way as Klopp and Pep, inverted high wide strikers so a left footer on the right and a right footer on the left, United did this with Greenwood before his situation, City do it with R Mahrez or B Silva, Liverpool with M Salah, Chelsea have Hakim Ziyech or K Havertz, Spurs with D Kuluveski or R sessegnon, Arsenal with B Saka or N Pepe , West Ham with J Bowen
. Most of United problems come from the right side, we have no creativity, no penetration and it’s quite significant from the past two seasons how we’ve completely regressed in this area, right wing backs, right full back , inverted or traditional Winger we have nothing and probably created very few goals or opportunities from this area of the pitch.
A well coached modern team has multiple patterns of play where the two inverted strikers no 7 and no 11 must get 20-25 goal involvements during the season to compliment your no 9 who would hope for 30-35. ETH wants his right back to play inverted playmaker sometimes, cover sometimes and support overlapping winger when the left footed right winger goes into danger areas to cut in and shoot on his left foot, Even a team
Like Villa worked this out with Leon Bailey but the clueless scouts at united bought Amad who fits this bill and shipped him out , my guess he’s back up next year to Antony or another!

theatreofdreams777

A reverse Dwight Gayle would have to be a player that did it in the PL but failed every time they played in The Championship. It would be a curious one.
What I meant was Gayle scored a brace against Liverpool in 13/14 season in the 37th week and helped his team (and City of course) get a draw while putting a dent in Liverpool's title hopes going into the last game of the season. I know it's not exactly the same situation regarding the title race but Bowen may have done something very similar.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Another 3 years on his contract means Wham will want £100m+.

No wonder players are running down their contracts!

Tarrou

didn't do a good job of copying Beckham really

he's using the wrong foot for starters

ROFLUTION

Not under ETH, he plays the same way as Klopp and Pep, inverted high wide strikers so a left footer on the right and a right footer on the left, United did this with Greenwood before his situation, City do it with R Mahrez or B Silva, Liverpool with M Salah, Chelsea have Hakim Ziyech or K Havertz, Spurs with D Kuluveski or R sessegnon, Arsenal with B Saka or N Pepe , West Ham with J Bowen
. Most of United problems come from the right side, we have no creativity, no penetration and it’s quite significant from the past two seasons how we’ve completely regressed in this area, right wing backs, right full back , inverted or traditional Winger we have nothing and probably created very few goals or opportunities from this area of the pitch.
A well coached modern team has multiple patterns of play where the two inverted strikers no 7 and no 11 must get 20-25 goal involvements during the season to compliment your no 9 who would hope for 30-35. ETH wants his right back to play inverted playmaker sometimes, cover sometimes and support overlapping winger when the left footed right winger goes into danger areas to cut in and shoot on his left foot, Even a team
Like Villa worked this out with Leon Bailey
but the clueless scouts at united bought Amad who fits this bill and shipped him out , my guess he’s back up next year to Antony or another!
Have I missed something? When was Bailey a hit at Villa?

NoPace

Shame it isn't 2 years left, he'd be a nice signing for us. Maybe next year.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Shame it isn't 2 years left, he'd be a nice signing for us. Maybe next year.
Doubt it, Moyes has already come out about Rice being worth £150m and he's only got two years left - guess Rice will move next year whilst Bowen won't be moving until 2024.

didz

Apparently they're wanting £75m, with Liverpool linked and West Ham having just offered him an 8 year contract.

ForeverRed1

Exactly. Can’t say I blame players when clubs are constantly pricing them out of moves. Rice for example clearly is ready to leave but at 150mil no one is buying him.

Woziak

Have I missed something? When was Bailey a hit at Villa?
Surely we put him in the same as Jason Sancho ‘wait and see’ bracket as he’s only had one season plighted with injury never said he was a hit said Villa had a template and formula which they have unlike us who struggle to try and sign players who don’t really want to join in positions they don’t really want to play.

-Supreme-

Doubt it, Moyes has already come out about Rice being worth £150m and he's only got two years left - guess Rice will move next year whilst Bowen won't be moving until 2024.
Rice has 3 years left, his current deal ends in 2024 but has an optional 1 year extension..

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Surely we put him in the same as Jason Sancho ‘wait and see’ bracket as he’s only had one season plighted with injury never said he was a hit said Villa had a template and formula which they have unlike us who struggle to try and sign players who don’t really want to join in positions they don’t really want to play.
Villa's template seems to be "sign random marquee names who are slightly past their best" for the most part. I think Kamara will be a very good signing though.

ROFLUTION

He's had 2 x 90 minutes in 38 games in Premier League. Almost never plays - I don't think there'll be much "wait and see" with him.
He missed 9 games due to injury, but the remain 3/4th of the season he's only had 750 minutes and not been close to look like something that will flourish at Villa. Not sure why he'd be used as an example for anything, even their scouting or system/tactics, when looking that far off the mark.

SAFMUTD

What a goal he scored today. Wouldn't mind having him here, here's direct and physical. Would definitely take him above any of our right wingers currently.

Silverman

He's quality. As stated above. He would bring a consistency to our attack that we're desperately lacking.

-Supreme-

West Ham will sell him next summer if they can’t tie him to a new contract with his current deal ends in 2025.

Chief123

Feels like a player who’s good in a counter attacking set up. All his best moments tend to be on break aways.

I’m unsure whether he’d excel in a set up where you have to break down deep lying defences every game.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Think he's ready for the step up to a bigger club now. City or Liverpool bound in the summer?

13 goal contributions in 19 games this season.

Should really have a place in the England squad wrapped up too.

The Irish Connection

Think he's ready for the step up to a bigger club now. City or Liverpool bound in the summer?

13 goal contributions in 19 games this season.

Should really have a place in the England squad wrapped up too.
Feck that. Sell Sancho and Antony and go get him. We need a right winger and we need goals.
pity we didn’t pull the trigger on him a few years back when he was at Hull.

Doracle

Players signing new contracts do sometimes confuse me. He was out of contract in 2025 and would have had more or less his choice of top clubs at that point. I’m sure he got a big pay rise but he’s tied himself to West Ham until 2030, apparently with no release clause? He will be 33 by then so, if West Ham don’t agree to sell him, he’s basically never moving.

mu4c_20le

Players signing new contracts do sometimes confuse me. He was out of contract in 2025 and would have had more or less his choice of top clubs at that point. I’m sure he got a big pay rise but he’s tied himself to West Ham until 2030, apparently with no release clause? He will be 33 by then so, if West Ham don’t agree to sell him, he’s basically never moving.
Maybe he knows his own limits, and is happy to stay where they appreciate him and play to his strengths.

Maniron

Maybe he knows his own limits, and is happy to stay where they appreciate him and play to his strengths.
He would be a better player for stepping up a level and having better players around him

Oranges038

He would be a better player for stepping up a level and having better players around him
Don't think so.

He's like Baines, Rickie Lambert, Kevin Nolan, Matty Taylor etc.

He's good for clubs like Everton, Bolton, West Ham, but the step up to a top club would be too much for him

Based Adnan

Don't think so.

He's like Baines, Rickie Lambert, Kevin Nolan, Matty Taylor etc.

He's good for clubs like Everton, Bolton, West Ham, but the step up to a top club would be too much for him
Baines was one of the best left backs in the league for a while. He was easily good enough for a top club.