Javier Hernandez | 2012/13 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
Oh there was plenty in the summer suggested he was done or the odd man out when the RVP/Moura ******** was at full tilt
I think alot of people just worried he wouldn't get enough playing time, although there was a minority of cretins who seemed to think that because he wasn't as good in the build-up play as a Rooney or RVP he should be shipped out.

Kouroux is right - we're incredibly fortunate to have a goalscorer of that standard who is willing to spend time on the bench and wait for his chance .

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde
"Of course I am claiming the hat-trick. I've seen the replay and it was definitely on target."

True striker!

Phil

"When you score a hat trick, you pick yourself and I'll think he'll be playing next week."

-SAF

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
Probably at the expense of Ashley Young then? Well deserved to be honest.
I thought that we would start with Jav, RVP and Rooney in the first place. Great performance from Hernandez, we have a sensational strike force.

Comsmit

Full of confidence, full of goals, and full of improvement in his game. Ferguson must be loving his options up front right now.

The increased competition should bring out the best in them all.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
I thought that we would start with Jav, RVP and Rooney in the first place. Great performance from Hernandez, we have a sensational strike force.
In a diamond? Not a fan of Rooney left so that's probably what I'd go for.

Not sure how Ferguson is going to fit the three of them in, but they all deserve to start.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
1st goal - miscontrolled, almost tripped over, and scuffed.
2nd goal - off target, deflected half cross.
3rd goal - actually did what he intended.

If there was anything that could make me start to accept the plausibility of a God, it's this little cnut.

Mercurial little bastard.

Ash_G

Not sure how Ferguson is going to fit the three of them in, but they all deserve to start.
Thing is we could probably get away with the diamond better if we played it a bit different. We play it quite weird where the two players in the wider booths maintain their width when we lose the ball and it means the guy at the tip of the diamond has to get all the way back alongside the d/m otherwise there's a massive gap. If the two wider players tuck in off the ball we could use it better imo.

Still think we might have to try a 433 although i'm not a fan of Hernandez wide, but he's getting the goals so deserves to have a space made for him.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
1st goal - miscontrolled, almost tripped over, and scuffed.
2nd goal - off target, deflected half cross.
3rd goal - actually did what he intended.

If there was anything that could make me start to accept the plausibility of a God, it's this little cnut.

Mercurial little bastard.
:lol:

Devil may care

Saved our bacon today, classic striker and seems to raise the spirits of the players as well, definitely the most popular player in our squad.

Comsmit

How good is his english by the way it's fecking flawless. Think it's a mandatory requirement for educational establishments in Mehico.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Ngog's English was better.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

It's not a disaster to have Rooney playing left forward. He did it fine many a time when Ronaldo and Tevez were about. I think so long as its not rigid and he isn't forced to hug the touch line it could work. Wazza spend half his time drifting left anyways. Van Persie similarly goes wide a lot too.

So long as its not a rigid 433 can work. If we are fluid and let the forwards playing interchange like Tevez, Rooney and Ronaldo used to I think 433 can provide a superb platform for success.

OGkush

Hey man, got any papers?
On current form, Rooney should make way for him if we're playing two up front.
cause he's been so shit lately right? If anyone deserves to lose their place in the lineup it's one of Young/Valencia/Scholes. Rooney can adjust and play in a different role. Agree though, if he doesn't start next game it's a fecking travesty.

Ash_G

It's not a disaster to have Rooney playing left forward. He did it fine many a time when Ronaldo and Tevez were about. I think so long as its not rigid and he isn't forced to hug the touch line it could work. Wazza spend half his time drifting left anyways. Van Persie similarly goes wide a lot too.

So long as its not a rigid 433 can work. If we are fluid and let the forward playing interchange like Tevez, Rooney and Ronaldo used to I think 433 can provide a superb platform for success.
Think we could do it with a similar set up too the Chelsea/Arsenal game with Rooney playing a bit off the striker, more as an a/m, and then have Hernandez wide with freedom to drift. Personally I don't think it'll be the most fluid as Hernandez still imo doesn't have an all round game on par with the other attackers at the club but what that he and that set up do have is goals and thats what counts.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
cause he's been so shit lately right? If anyone deserves to lose their place in the lineup it's one of Young/Valencia/Scholes. Rooney can adjust and play in a different role. Agree though, if he doesn't start next game it's a fecking travesty.
This.

Rooney, Hernandez and RVP need to play every week :D

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
I was one of the doubters of Hernandez before the season started, and I just love to be proved wrong and he keeps on doing it. Since that Braga game he has looked like a completely different player. His build up play is much improved and he looks so much more confident in his ability on the ball. There's also the goals, which were always going to come and now he's given Fergie a bit of a selection headache, which is great because he deserves to start after saving our arses today. If he keeps this up, he will be up there with the top scorers this season. Amazing considering I thought at the start of the season he would barely feature.

Bloxy

Why does it always rain on me?
i love his interviews. the reporters always think they can intice him into saying what they want him to say, oh and how much does he like to score goals?

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
What I meant was if we are playing a strict twin striker formation. In an orthodox 442 if you like.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
What I loved about his first goal is how he fecked it up but didn't even look up once to gain an idea of where the goal was, he just knew. Many of a lesser striker would have had to look up and fecked it all up.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Thing is we could probably get away with the diamond better if we played it a bit different. We play it quite weird where the two players in the wider booths maintain their width when we lose the ball and it means the guy at the tip of the diamond has to get all the way back alongside the d/m otherwise there's a massive gap. If the two wider players tuck in off the ball we could use it better imo.
Yeah I thought the exact same thing, made a comment saying similar when Kagawa played there against Newcastle, he kept drifting wide and it distorted the formation.

I think if you use a three of Anderson, Cleverley and Carrick, with Rooney at the tip then it could work. Evra and Rafael would offer the width down the flanks.

It would take a few games to get used to no doubt, just look at how a great team like City are cocking up their 3 at the back formation. But it would get our best players in their best positions.

The alternative of using Rooney on the left I think is counter productive. He's our best player and offers far more in the middle where he can dictate the attack, plus his partnership with Van Persie is improving each game. He's not even a great dribbler which is needed on the wing.

Comsmit

Still think we might have to try a 433 although i'm not a fan of Hernandez wide, but he's getting the goals so deserves to have a space made for him.
Good point about the diamond Ash it's obviously WIP but the wider players do need to tuck in better and allow the fullbacks to provide true width. I was at the Braga game and I noticed it clearly there, Cleverley and Kagawa didn't tuck in at times and Buttner in particular wasn't sure whether to overlap. There just wasn't the space to operate as the Braga players were not being dragged inside.

With a 4-3-3 Rooney could in theory operate as the most advanced midfielder or wide left, but Van Persie looks a classic number 9 at his best. He started off at Arsenal playing wider so perhaps this is an option but he is so much better centrally. To be honest our recognised wide players have not been firing this season so a front three of Rooney, Van Persie and Hernandez should be allowed a 90 minute outing.

Options, sweet options....what to do.

OGkush

Hey man, got any papers?
Good point about the diamond Ash it's obviously WIP but the wider players do need to tuck in better and allow the fullbacks to provide true width. I was at the Braga game and I noticed it clearly there, Cleverley and Kagawa didn't tuck in at times and Buttner in particular wasn't sure whether to overlap. There just wasn't the space to operate as the Braga players were not being dragged inside.

With a 4-3-3 Rooney could in theory operate as the most advanced midfielder or wide left, but Van Persie looks a classic number 9 at his best. He started off at Arsenal playing wider so perhaps this is an option but he is so much better centrally. To be honest our recognised wide players have not been firing this season so a front three of Rooney, Van Persie and Hernandez should be allowed a 90 minute outing.

If I had to pick i'd go for the diamond (Rooney behind RvP & Chicharito), or a 4-3-3 with Rooney on the left, RvP on the right, and Chicharito in the middle.
With that being said Kagawa's not gonna be away for long, so maybe use him or Rooney as part of the midfield 3 in that case.

Ash_G

Yeah I thought the exact same thing, made a comment saying similar when Kagawa played there against Newcastle, he kept drifting wide and it distorted the formation.

I think if you use a three of Anderson, Cleverley and Carrick, with Rooney at the tip then it could work. Evra and Rafael would offer the width down the flanks.

It would take a few games to get used to no doubt, just look at how a great team like City are cocking up their 3 at the back formation. But it would get our best players in their best positions.

The alternative of using Rooney on the left I think is counter productive. He's our best player and offers far more in the middle where he can dictate the attack, plus his partnership with Van Persie is improving each game. He's not even a great dribbler which is needed on the wing.
Yeah I'm not a fan of Rooney left, I wouldn't mind seeing either a diamond if we modify it a bit with Rooney ahead of Carrick, Clev or Ando, but my preference long term would be a 433, with Rooney in a/m and 2 of the attackers flanking them. Although the wingers are off form atm I think we have so much attacking talent we need to get as many involved. For now Hernandez can come in on the left and should still be able to drift.

Cheers, as I said above I'd prefer the 433, but the diamond does have potential and will have it's use in some games. Although this is the Hernandez thread long term I'd still love to see Rooney playing attacking mid, RVP through the middle and Kagawa and Nani flanking. Think that would give you the combination of wide threat and players capable of coming inside. But for now with the form Hernandez is in he deserves a start over any of the other attackers bar RVP and maybe Rooney.

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning
It looks really nice.

Code:
 [U]#[/U]       [U]MIN[/U]   [U]OPPONENT[/U]         [U]RESULT[/U]   [U]COMPETITION[/U]      [U]DATE[/U]    [U]G[/U]   [U]A[/U]  [U][COLOR="Yellow"]■[/COLOR]/[COLOR="Red"]■[/COLOR][/U]

0(1)  ☼ 19' v Southampton A   | [COLOR="SeaGreen"]3-2[/COLOR] |  Premier League  | 02-09 | - | - |- -
 1(1)  ● 90' v Wigan H         | [COLOR="SeaGreen"]4-0[/COLOR] |  Premier League  | 15-09 | 1 | 1 |- -
 1(2)  ☼  9' v Galatasaray H   | [COLOR="SeaGreen"]1-0[/COLOR] | Champions League | 19-09 | - | - |- -
 1(3)  ☼  9' v Liverpool A     | [COLOR="SeaGreen"]2-1[/COLOR] |  Premier League  | 23-09 | - | - |- -
 2(3)  ● 90' v Newcastle H     | [COLOR="SeaGreen"]2-1[/COLOR] |    League Cup    | 26-09 | - | - |- -
 2(4)  ☼  2' v Tottenham H     | [COLOR="Red"]2-3[/COLOR] |  Premier League  | 29-09 | - | - |- -
 3(4)  ● 83' v CFR Cluj A      | [COLOR="SeaGreen"]2-1[/COLOR] | Champions League | 02-10 | - | - |- -
 3(5)  ☼ 12' v Stoke H         | [COLOR="SeaGreen"]4-2[/COLOR] |  Premier League  | 20-10 | - | - |- -
 4(5)  ● 90' v Braga H         | [COLOR="SeaGreen"]3-2[/COLOR] | Champions League | 23-10 | 2 | - |- -
 4(6)  ☼ 25' v Chelsea A       | [COLOR="SeaGreen"]3-2[/COLOR] |  Premier League  | 28-10 | 1 | - |- -
 5(6)  ● 120' v Chelsea A      | [COLOR="Red"]4-5[/COLOR] |    League Cup    | 31-10 | 1 | 1 |- -
 6(6)  ● 90' v Braga A         | [COLOR="SeaGreen"]3-1[/COLOR] | Champions League | 07-11 | 1 | - |- -
 6(7)  ☼ 45' v Aston Villa A   | [COLOR="SeaGreen"]3-2[/COLOR] |  Premier League  | 10-11 | 2 | 1 |- -

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning
Chicharito Hernandez ‏@CH14_

I dont care if they don't give me the 2nd goal, for me I score a hattrick to my teammates to win the game. The matchball is coming home!

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
Thank feck for Hernandez. He was one of the few who actually showed some urgency and desire today. Should start automatically ahead of Young due to this. feck the formation. Play the players who want it.

Status
Not open for further replies.