Javier Hernandez | 2012/13 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Chicharito Hernandez ‏@CH14_

I dont care if they don't give me the 2nd goal, for me I score a hattrick to my teammates to win the game. The matchball is coming home!
I love him. What a guy. His attitude after being dropped to bench by RVP's signing has been spot on.

Varun

Staff
Chicharito Hernandez ‏@CH14_

I dont care if they don't give me the 2nd goal, for me I score a hattrick to my teammates to win the game. The matchball is coming home!
I love the lad. His attitude is just brilliant. What a game changer.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Surely the 2nd will be given to him, I mean if Hoilett's deflected shot against Everton (which was going well wide) was given to him, then Hernandez should be awarded the goal.

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning
Surely the 2nd will be given to him, I mean if Hoilett's deflected shot against Everton (which was going well wide) was given to him, then Hernandez should be awarded the goal.
At the moment it's an own goal, I don't think they're gonna change it.

It doesn't matter though. He knows he made a huge impact, he got us three points and he scored three goals. He's not Ronaldo, he doesn't care.

F-Red

I see so much of Solskjaer in him, after the last few games I have a new found love for the guy.

kps88

Fergie has said he will start at Norwich.

I'm curious, what happens if a player decides to grab the match ball despite having not scored a hattrick? Does an official come into the dressing room and take it back?

wr8_utd

:'(
I'm afraid of Madrid or Barca coming in for him one day like Santiago Nunez :(

Comsmit

Cheers, as I said above I'd prefer the 433, but the diamond does have potential and will have it's use in some games. Although this is the Hernandez thread long term I'd still love to see Rooney playing attacking mid, RVP through the middle and Kagawa and Nani flanking. Think that would give you the combination of wide threat and players capable of coming inside. But for now with the form Hernandez is in he deserves a start over any of the other attackers bar RVP and maybe Rooney.
This is something that I would be very interested to see. I think it's pretty clear from what we have seen thus far that Ferguson has earmarked Rooney for the role he truly craves. Kagawa and Nani offer so much in terms of creative ability on the ball, and both have goals in them. With Van Persie or Hernandez as a central striker the movement would just be insane.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I'm afraid of Madrid or Barca coming in for him one day like Santiago Nunez :(
You see some of the chances that Higuain, for example, squanders at Madrid and you can see that Javier Hernandez could easily force himself into the first team picture at Madrid. With Mou's emphasis on quick, direct attacking, Madrid's dominance of the ball in most games and Chico's chance conversion rate Hernandez could easily emulate Hugo Sanchez at Madrid.

I have said many times before and will say it again: Chicharito is the main centre forward for one of the strongest footballing nations on earth and is incredibly consistent in front of goal. If we manage to keep hold of him without giving him regular games in the coming years it'll be incredible.

CentreForward

Berba's bitch. A Bulgarian dEvil
I think his instinct in front of goal are unmatched. Wonder how much longer he'll settle for the bench and no starting XI. I fear some wealthy club will come in soon and "unsettle" him in January or in the summer the least

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
As I said to my mate, in terms of pure goalscoring he's right up there with the best in the world.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
I'm very pleased with how he's done. He seems like a really good guy and it's great that he's been able to rediscover that goalscoring knack which he'd lost for a while.

I don't see him going anywhere anytime soon. He'd be daft to move to a smaller club, but most clubs of the same size won't give him more chances than what he's getting here. He is essentially a poacher, remember. A very good one at that, but a lot of teams won't want to go for a player who is undoubtedly great at what he does, but who remains one dimensional at the same time.

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
any game now Hernandez is going to run free into box, the cross will come in and he will whip out his dick and"head" the ball in just to prove he really can score with every part of his body. It will be the Penis of God Goal!

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
Where are those posters who told me we should start Welbeck ahead of him purely because he has "better link-up play"?

Welbeck could never do what Chicharito did today. Hernandez needs to start next week. 4-3-3 please!

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Where are those posters who told me we should start Welbeck ahead of him purely because he has "better link-up play"?

Welbeck could never do what Chicharito did today. Hernandez needs to start next week. 4-3-3 please!
I do like Welbeck, but like you I find those who simply bang on about his better all-round play constantly frustrating. He may be the better all-round player, but a game like today shows that sometimes you just need that player who's going to grab a goal or two for you, like Hernandez has started to do again.

OGkush

Hey man, got any papers?

different games, different scenarios. on another day we might be saying "chicharito could never do what Welbeck did today"
let's just be happy we have them both and not feel the need to put one of them down in order to make the other one look better. they're different players with different qualities, suited to different situations.

although with that being said, Hernandez is definitely in better form now and is without a doubt first choice between the two.

Neutral

BTV
Form of his life atm...I'd still rather bring him off the bench - think he plays better in that role, but if Fergie feels, he deserves a start next week, who am I to argue?

I'm sure someone has mentioned this already but...

Hernandez - off the bench to score 10 winners for United
Ole - the supersub, 16 his entire career with United.

:woah:

Brilliant, brilliant player - the summer off(as painful as it was to miss out on olympic gold with his country) + his pride and willingness to work on his weaknesses means, he's improved something about his game every season that he's been here.

Great professional.

Baxter

I always thought last year was a combination of no rest and injury. Over the summer he scored a shitload for Mexico and then got a serious concussion when he met up with the team in the US. He then recovered, and if I remember he then suffered another concussion at Stoke and all the crap about previous he's injuries starting coming out. He's quite clearly reaping the benefits of a proper break and pre season, and he looks fecking brilliant.

I always thought last year was a combination of no rest and injury. Over the summer he scored a shitload for Mexico and then got a serious concussion when he met up with the team in the US. He then recovered, and if I remember he then suffered another concussion at Stoke and all the crap about previous he's injuries starting coming out. He's quite clearly reaping the benefits of a proper break and pre season, and he looks fecking brilliant.
No at Stoke he didn't hurt his head he was taken out from behind when clean through on goal only a week after Ashley Cole had done him against Chelsea. He then got injured again a few months later at Villa Park of all places.

Last season was really stop start for him in terms of injuries. Its not surprising after no summer break and 3 periods on the sidelines that he looked off the pace at times last year and yet he still scored the equalisers at Anfield and Stamford Bridge last season and ended 2011/12 with 12 goals to his name.

In a 'bad' season punctuated by injuries he was still about to get a dozen goals, some of them crucial goals. Now he's fully fit and firing he may even get more than the 20 goals Sir Alex was speculating about him bagging in the pre-match presser.

CentreForward

Berba's bitch. A Bulgarian dEvil
I'm very pleased with how he's done. He seems like a really good guy and it's great that he's been able to rediscover that goalscoring knack which he'd lost for a while.

I don't see him going anywhere anytime soon. He'd be daft to move to a smaller club, but most clubs of the same size won't give him more chances than what he's getting here. He is essentially a poacher, remember. A very good one at that, but a lot of teams won't want to go for a player who is undoubtedly great at what he does, but who remains one dimensional at the same time.
He'd do great for Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool

Scots Crusader

What is not to love about this guy. Honest, hardworking, always smiling and the ability to do the hardest thing in football, score goals for fun!!!

It is also good to see the way the team are with him, he is obviously a popular player in the dressingroom and his twitter comments sum him up, all for the team, no self glory. If I was gay, I would let him smash my back door in. :lol:

Slevs

likes to play with penises
He is a finisher, a very good one and is best suited as an impact sub, and he always looks like he's having fun. We couldn't ask for anything more. I love the guy.

He'd do great for Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool
Exactly.

I look at the teams that qualified for the Champions League from this country last season and think to myself that Hernandez is at least as good as what they've got in many cases if not better.

IMHO at City, Chelsea and Arsenal only Tevez and Aguero are clearly better. Balotelli probably has more natural talent but is nowhere near as consistently threatening in front of goal and as for Chelsea and Arsenal...

...Are you telling me that if you put Hernandez on the end of some of the service that the likes of Mata, Hazard, Oscar and Cazorla have been serving up this season that he wouldn't be doing better than Torres or Giroud? Torres of 2008/09 was clearly better than Javier but Torres today isn't and Arsenal haven't got anything close to Chicharito.

The idea that no top club would want Hernandez if he was available, which some people seem to be insinuating, is baffling.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I think he deserves more credit for then he's getting (from pundits, not sure about on here) for the first goal. Yeah the ball got stuck under his feet from the initial touch, but feck me... the awareness and quick feet to get it under control AND finish all in the space of about a second was class. Excellent play from the man.

Anyway, he's brilliant... one of the best finishers around. Forget the other teams in this league, I bet Barca/Madrid would love to have this little lad on their bench to come and grab a goal when they're not winning! Also, I think it's fair to say he is constantly improving as a footballer as well. With every game he is showing more nice touches and passes and is contributing to our overall play with more then just his strikes.

Zen86

I think he deserves more credit for then he's getting (from pundits, not sure about on here) for the first goal. Yeah the ball got stuck under his feet from the initial touch, but feck me... the awareness and quick feet to get it under control AND finish all in the space of about a second was class. Excellent play from the man.

Anyway, he's brilliant... one of the best finishers around. Forget the other teams in this league, I bet Barca/Madrid would love to have this little lad on their bench to come and grab a goal when they're not winning! Also, I think it's fair to say he is constantly improving as a footballer as well. With every game he is showing more nice touches and passes and is contributing to our overall play with more then just his strikes.
The fact that kind of stuff happens quite regularly means there's more to it than just fluking it into the net. He's great at having to quickly adapt and shift his body/feet in those situations, something which was apparant since ge got that charity shield goal against Chelsea.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
The idea that no top club would want Hernandez if he was available, which some people seem to be insinuating, is baffling.
Agreed. He'd be fighting for top scorer if he was at Chelsea, Arsenal or (god forbid) maybe even Liverpool. There's a begrudging respect from all opposition fans when it comes to Hernandez - that's the greatest sign of his quality. Every team is envious of a player that can guarantee goals, particularly one with such a great attitude.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Exactly.

Goalscorers are always in demand and he's about as natural a finisher in Europe right now. Teams would snap our hands off for him.

I think he'd thrive at Madrid, Benzema offers way more outside the area but they dominate teams so much that it's largely unnecessary. With the supply from Ozil, Di Maria, Modric, Alonso etc he would score for fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.