Javier Hernandez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil may care

Sir Alex Ferguson: Wayne Rooney was fit for England duty | Mail Online

However, Ferguson confirmed that new signing Javier 'Chicharito' Hernandez will link up with the team in time to face former club Chivas de Guadalajara on the Mexican leg of their tour, an arrangement that was part of the 22-year-old striker's £10million move.

He scored two World Cup goals for Mexico and Ferguson said: 'He looks an exciting prospect. He has pace and a good scoring record. I'm looking forward to seeing him in a United shirt.'

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Both Chicarute and Owen will remain at OT.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
I doubt SAF would admit he brought back Rooney too quick. If he did half of England would blame SAF.

Rooney needs a good month off and should start the season late. Berba has had a nice long rest so should be firing.
..Blanks :p

Rooney should be ok asap. There's plenty of time before the season starts and with the world cup you don't need to play in all the frendlies

42 euros

Aka Giggs 11 times
Wazza just needs some time at Vegas in the jacuzzi with Coleen, cocktails and a few fags and he'll be fine for next season.

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
I doubt SAF would admit he brought back Rooney too quick. If he did half of England would blame SAF.

Rooney needs a good month off and should start the season late. Berba has had a nice long rest so should be firing.
Half of England should be blaming Capello for playing Rooney so much in Englands last friendlies, which is when he could easily have been rested.

Drifter

American
Spanish newspaper Marca is today suggesting that 'complications' may have arisen in Javier Hernandez' transfer to Manchester United.

The Iberian daily, never a publication to hold back when stirring things up, have a list of issues, ranging from contractual wranglings to work permit problems, in the background of the deal.

Not for one second is IBWM suggesting there is anything untoward with Hernandez' transfer to Old Trafford - Manchester United have stated categorically that the player belongs to them - but Marca, with a whiff of blood, has long term admirers of Hernandez, Valencia, ready to take the striker on a one year loan basis should there be any issues. Marca also hint that negotiations have taken place with Valencia about a deal should Hernandez not fit in during his first year in England.

Whether United had envisaged any such problems is not yet known, but this looks interesting, with more to the transfer than initially apparent.

RonaldoVII

Story in NOTW, carrying quotes:

Why would we even consider sending him out on loan for a season? If anybody needs to be shipped out it's berbaflop. Relying on crock owen to last an entire season would be wishful thinking as well. Hernandez had proven he has the talent, and needs to spend his first season at OT trying to improve and take chances when given.

Really would be a strange decision to loan him out immediately.
He hasn't proven anything yet, but I agree with the sentiment that he should have his chance at United before any possible loan.

Longsden_7

He hasn't proven anything yet, but I agree with the sentiment that he should have his chance at United before any possible loan.
If he can do what he has done on the world stage at his age he can easily replicate it week in week out. Hunger and desire like that is rare in young talent. I would like to see him get a good 10-15mins at the end of a PL game under his belt, would be perfect coming off the bench.

fergieisold

I don't think there is any chance he's going anywhere with the talent he has. If we have fecked this transfer up then it's yet another one for the folder of evidence about how united are totally inept in the transfer market.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
Story in NOTW, carrying quotes:

Why would we even consider sending him out on loan for a season? If anybody needs to be shipped out it's berbaflop. Relying on crock owen to last an entire season would be wishful thinking as well. Hernandez had proven he has the talent, and needs to spend his first season at OT trying to improve and take chances when given.

Really would be a strange decision to loan him out immediately.
Once again, the NOTW shows itself to be as useful as a blind man trying to put out a fire with a sheet of A4 paper. They've just printed a load of old quotes and tried to make them seem relevant.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Sky Sports | Football | News | Hernandez in loan link

Reports suggest they are keen to sort out a loan deal for Hernandez and his father, also named Javier, does not believe it is an idea that can be dismissed lightly.

"This could be a positive solution for the adaptation of Javier into European football," the youngster's father told Televisa.

"Contacts exist but Manchester have still not decided anything about the subject.

"Javier's first season in England will not be easy. Perhaps the loan option is not madness."

Doubt this would happen. I think Fergie will be desperate to see him in action for United.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I don't think there is any chance he's going anywhere with the talent he has. If we have fecked this transfer up then it's yet another one for the folder of evidence about how united are totally inept in the transfer market.
Oh aye, totally inept.

Makes you wonder how we manage to win all those games of football, huh?

charleysurf

Oh aye, totally inept.

Makes you wonder how we manage to win all those games of football, huh?
RAWK is right, we really must be bribing refs. Only way we could win all those trophies with all the bad signings that Fergie makes.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Would be disappointing but hey whatever Fergie thinks is best for his development.

I think we'll see him in preseason and a couple of Prem games before deciding.

prateik

it'll be deciced after the preseason .. and i dont think he will be going out on loan

BAMSOLA

Has issues!
Supports
A Crack Habit.
Sky Sports | Football | News | Hernandez in loan link

Doubt this would happen. I think Fergie will be desperate to see him in action for United.
Personally not sure I understand how these things work, and whether its normal to sound out clubs this early in preparation for the posibility of a loan.

I'm pretty sure however that any decision will only be made after Fergie has seen him up close throughout pre season so nothing to worry about really.

If he struggles to blend with the team, perhaps a loan is a good option although I'm not sure I see the point of one to Spain instead on a lower league prem club.

If he hits the ground running(not literally of course) then he will probably have made Fergie's mind up for him.

charleysurf

Personally not sure I understand how these things work, and whether its normal to sound out clubs this early in preparation for the posibility of a loan.

I'm pretty sure however that any decision will only be made after Fergie has seen him up close throughout pre season so nothing to worry about really.

If he struggles to blend with the team, perhaps a loan is a good option although I'm not sure I see the point of one to Spain instead on a lower league prem club.

If he hits the ground running(not literally of course) then he will probably have made Fergie's mind up for him.
I'm pretty sure that we're not the ones sounding out Valencia. It's Valencia chancing their arm. I guess it's a compliment to Hernandez's performance in the WC.

devilish

Unless the club is set to sign a new proven striker soon then I really cant see the reasoning behind loaning hernandez. I dread to see the Bulgarian attempting to cover Rooney's role as lone striker once again. Not to forget that loaning Chicarito to an illustrate club like Valencia can be dangerous. If the player does well there then he may end up not wanting to return at OT unless he is given first team assurances.

Mitch Conor

Holy CRAP BALLS!!
Unless the club is set to sign a new proven striker soon then I really cant see the reasoning behind loaning hernandez. I dread to see the Bulgarian attempting to cover Rooney's role as lone striker once again. Not to forget that loaning Chicarito to an illustrate club like Valencia can be dangerous. If the player does well there then he may end up not wanting to return at OT unless he is given first team assurances.
Either himself or Diouf should go out on loan - and my money would be on Diouf.

devilish

Either himself or Diouf should go out on loan - and my money would be on Diouf.
Welbeck should be loaned and so should Diouf. Chicarito had scored past great defenses like France's, Netherlands and Argentina's. You don't loan such player unless you don't have a proven striker (We have in Rooney) and a quality cover for him (which we currently don't have).

devilish

Top defences like Argentina's? :lol:
England defense (with Terry, Coley and co) suffered 5 goals during the WC while Argentina's defense suffered 6 (with one extra game in their belt). Its certainly better then the average mid-tier EPL defense.

Kelvin

its crazy to be loaning him out without even seeing him play for us.

devilish

You can't judge much at all on a World Cup.
Argentina's defense is solid. Samuel is world class, Burdisso has his bad moments but he was top quality with Roma last year, Heinze is decent and Demichelis hmmmm he plays for Bayern. Anyone who is capable to breach such type of defenses despite playing with a national team whose best players are (at their very best) EPL reserves deserve respect.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Argentina's defense is solid. Samuel is world class, Burdisso has his bad moments but he was top quality with Roma last year, Heinze is decent and Demichelis hmmmm he plays for Bayern. Anyone who is capable to breach such type of defenses despite playing with a national team whose best players are (at their very best) EPL reserves deserve respect.
Apparently this logic doesn't apply to you with Berbatov, who scored 12 goals past premierleague defences and yet apparently is a "flop"

Status
Not open for further replies.