Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Agree. Though not a chance in hell Mou makes any future plans that don't include lukaku, even though it's debatable if he'll ever be good enough for us or bring out the best of the others.
Not sure. Many have fallen out of favour with him before, and ultimately, he will put his job first. I’m not saying he’ll actively plan to marginalise Lukaku, but if it happens, he won’t stop it.

Womp

idiot
Just got around to reading the cheating allegations, been a while since I've laughed so hard.

"It’s clear sex is all that’s on his mind.
"Why cheat on such a beautiful girlfriend? He clearly has no shame or respect."

No shame or respect, yet you're the one who admitted to having sex with him 3 times? Where was your shame and respect towards his girlfriend? :lol:

Probably just another rubbish story to try make some money.

antsmithmk

Hates women.
I've just found out he is 25 years old. That shocked me a bit. I don't know why but I thought he was a good 3 or 4 years younger.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Been great. All you ask of kids is do what you did in the youth teams that got you noticed. He's becoming a goal threat and that's what he has to continue. And then don't settle. Keep pushing, you never know where it will take you. He's set himself a standard now and come good when we needed. I think where Jesse has over others is his mentality. He's been through the youth systems and hopefully this is the spring board for him to continue at this level.

flappyjay

He's stepping up for us big time. Lovely to see an academy product play like this, and perhaps a lesson for those of us who speak of "ceilings". Who could've seen this kind of form coming for Lingard?

I certainly couldn't.
Sir Alex did say we were gonna see the best of him around 24/25 if I am not wrong

Number1

Some players do develop later, Zidane didn't start standing out until around 24, Lampard was around 24, Xavi was another.

Shark

@NotShark
This guy has been on fire, what a turnaround he's had this season. He is level on goals with the likes of Coutinho and Sanchez, and one goal ahead of De Bruyne. Who would have predicted that at this stage of the season?

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Some players do develop later, Zidane didn't start standing out until around 24, Lampard was around 24, Xavi was another.
Also, more in lingards alley, Danny Murphy.

Number1

He's got some way to go before he can be compared to those players.
Sure, but I'm not comparing him to those players (how he plays on the pitch), all I said is some players don't develop until mid-20's and gave them as an example.

Also, more in lingards alley, Danny Murphy.
We'll see.

One things sure, Lingard's proved a lot of people wrong lately (including me), let's hope it carry's on.

Reactions: KM

roseguy64

I've just found out he is 25 years old. That shocked me a bit. I don't know why but I thought he was a good 3 or 4 years younger.
He's been injured and loaned out a bit so he broke into the team later and around the same time as Rashford so it skewers how you think of his age.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
We've been crap in much of those last couple months, I just saw most of the attacking players as equally shite as well.
That's not really the case though. Lingard for the past month or so has been the league's best attacking midfielder if we go by the stats. I believe no one except of Harry Kane has scored more goals than him since 1st December. I know it's a short time, but he's genuinely really been excellent.

and it's not just the goals either, his overall play has been very good too.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
There is only so long people can continue to say he's limited or doesn't have the technical ability.

My main gripe was he never affected the game in any way and was usually a bystander. He's been positive and great recently.
That's the one thing that you could never criticise Lingard for though. He is never a bystander. Always keeps on moving.

VP

Few more goals and the Caf may even deem him to be better than Fellaini.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
How many posters here actually believed in him from the start and aren't just hopping on the train now ?

SerenityValley

How many posters here actually believed in him from the start and aren't just hopping on the train now ?
I don’t get the time to post much, but I’ve always felt that Jesse just needed to click into place. While he may be 25 now, he probably would have been hitting form 2 years ago, if he’d had the game time he needed sooner.

Watching him just now is a joy.

PoTMS

Eh? The reason why people are ‘hopping on the train’ so to speak is because he’s stepped up massively this season.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Eh? The reason why people are ‘hopping on the train’ so to speak is because he’s stepped up massively this season.
The quality has always been there. Some just didn't recognize it and opted instead to vilify him because he didn't make them happy on a given day.

Hawks2008

Just grabbed his new inform card in FIFA, he's quite good there too, in 9 games hes gotten me 12 goals and 4 assists.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
That's not really the case though. Lingard for the past month or so has been the league's best attacking midfielder if we go by the stats. I believe no one except of Harry Kane has scored more goals than him since 1st December. I know it's a short time, but he's genuinely really been excellent.

and it's not just the goals either, his overall play has been very good too.
Someone posted the Cafe MotM poll, and DDG came out 3 times (or more?).
Btw, I don't belittle Lingard in any way, as I'm as glad as any in here about his sudden rise. What's not to like?

villain

Hates Beyoncé
JLINGZ :drool:

Then he did the schmoney dance to celebrate!

Can’t wait to see people complain about it

Status
Not open for further replies.