g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Jesse Lingard image 14

Jesse Lingard England flag

2018-19 Performances

View full 2018-19 profile

4.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oggmonster

He doesn't annoy me really he is a pretty massive bellend though. He doesn't help himself with these videos either, I think people tolerate the cringing stuff when he was playing well he's been awful for a year now though and it just gets a bit boring

I find the take "he annoys other people so I like him" a bit odd, almost a bit Piers Morgan in kind of admitting he's a tit but he annoys others so by default youd like him to disagree.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Anotha one

Think he's drunk
People can go through mental gymnastics to defend him all they want but it's for everybody there to see that he's a fecking cnut. 27, making those videos, acting like a 10 IQ manchild, a fecking mess all over the suite (I'm paying so I can do whatever I want though, I'm a superstar after all, yeah, this is the type of mentality that reeks from this shit), filming and finding hilarious his 'mate' (or whatever this shit is) pretending to feck a pillow. I mean come fecking on, just how much more is needed until some action is taken by the club?

I couldn't give a feck if he was doing all this shit in his free time if he hadn't filmed all this crap and then put it viral. He should keep it to him, his family and friends that he's an idiot. Whether he wants it (sure he does though, if it wasn't for United brand his JLingz rags wouldn't get any exposure) he's representing the club on and off field. It's the state of our club though at the moment, a fecking circus that's infested with average, shit mentality morons like JLingz though.

pacifictheme

Someone on the radio said that trent alexander arnold got more assists last season from right back than lingard has in his career. No idea if its true but would be depressingly funny if it is.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
He's 26 and wealthy but hangs out with young guys. Is he gay? It would be good if he would come out, as such a high profile player.
What’s being gay got to do with it? Think he’s just fecking weirdo.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Someone on the radio said that trent alexander arnold got more assists last season from right back than lingard has in his career. No idea if its true but would be depressingly funny if it is.
It is.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
His lack of self-awareness is just an indicator of his emotional under-development, which is shocking for someone his age.

clarkydaz

Can someone at the club hurry up and tell him to shut the feck up and stop these stupid videos. Why is the media training team not interventing, when they know all the negativity these videos are generating.
You almost get the feeling the club are pushing him and rashy forward brandwise to catch the yoof. He certainly acts like he has free reign, and going nowhere anytime soon

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
All I will say is he better have a decent season or the fans are going to light him up.

Revaulx

You almost get the feeling the club are pushing him and rashy forward brandwise to catch the yoof. He certainly acts like he has free reign, and going nowhere anytime soon
Absolutely. His face is all over the exhortations I’ve been bombarded with recently reminding me to renew my membership.

I have renewed, and I’m 61. So it works :D

Bwuk

He's 26 and wealthy but hangs out with young guys. Is he gay? It would be good if he would come out, as such a high profile player.
Nope fairly certain he's a bit of a shagger. His ex was stunning and I think they finished because he was sleeping with other women.

Adisa

I don't believe for one second the coaches are comfortable with his performances and then seeing videos like that.

clarkydaz

Absolutely. His face is all over the exhortations I’ve been bombarded with recently reminding me to renew my membership.

I have renewed, and I’m 61. So it works :D
Oh really, there you go. i assume he was doing his brand pose with his tongue out :drool:

Adisa

First of all I am not angry about it, I am disenfranchised with everything about the club at the moment. But for those who think it doesn't matter, how many Liverpool or City players do you see do this shit? It's emblematic of a club that has run amok. I have no doubt SAF wouldn't stand for it. No one at this club has authority. Do you see anyone at the club telling this twat to sort his shit out? He just had one of the worst seasons of his career ffs.

SirAF

Ageist
Nope fairly certain he's a bit of a shagger. His ex was stunning and I think they finished because he was sleeping with other women.
Aye, and the girl he was cheating with was a proper minger as well!

Kopral Jono

Anotha one

Think he's drunk
With these things I typically say 'criticise his performance and not the peripheral stuff' but JLingz is making things very hard for himself. He should know that as a representative of our club, his conducts in public need to reflect just that.

I still want him gone because he's shit and not because of any other stuff, though.

Bwuk

With these things I typically say 'criticise the player and not the peripheral stuff' but JLingz is making things very hard for himself. He should know that as a representative of our club, his conducts in public need to reflect just that.

I still want him gone because he's shit and not because of any other stuff, though.
Cantona kicked a Palace fan. Rojo was in court for bottling someone when we signed him. You could name 100 things Rooney has done but he's a United legend. I could go on and on.

Lingard posts stupid videos. Big deal.

Craig Ward

He's an average footballer with no work ethic or ability to play at a top 4 club.

Unfortunately, due to our decline we aren't a guaranteed top 4 club. We are a shambles and having this calibre of player just highlights how far behind we are.

His attitude is wrong, his professional conduct is wrong and his performances on a football pitch are to be mild, average at best.

Lingard needs to leave, he is poison in our dressing room and paint the club in such a negative way.

His social media is talked about more than his football. Both are abysmal. He is a disgrace to Man utd

haram

He's an average footballer with no work ethic or ability to play at a top 4 club.

Unfortunately, due to our decline we aren't a guaranteed top 4 club. We are a shambles and having this calibre of player just highlights how far behind we are.

His attitude is wrong, his professional conduct is wrong and his performances on a football pitch are to be mild, average at best.

Lingard needs to leave, he is poison in our dressing room and paint the club in such a negative way.

His social media is talked about more than his football. Both are abysmal. He is a disgrace to Man utd
What team was Lingard playing for when we finished 2nd?

Godfather

God can we please please please finally get rid of this clown. Stealing a living for years now and acting like he's some superstar.

IrishRedDevil

Adam Johnson has more assists than him in the last 6 years and he spent 3 of those years in prison.

Godfather

Cantona kicked a Palace fan. Rojo was in court for bottling someone when we signed him. You could name 100 things Rooney has done but he's a United legend. I could go on and on.

I'd rather have someone kick a guy shouting abuse at him in the chest than something like JLinz at our club.

OleGunnar20

First of all I am not angry about it, I am disenfranchised with everything about the club at the moment. But for those who think it doesn't matter, how many Liverpool or City players do you see do this shit? It's emblematic of a club that has run amok. I have no doubt SAF wouldn't stand for it. No one at this club has authority. Do you see anyone at the club telling this twat to sort his shit out? He just had one of the worst seasons of his career ffs.
Exactly, the mentality is Rotten at the club, so clear to see.

We need winners and professionals, individuals who'll hold each other to the highest standards. The two or three videos I've seen of Jesse's reminds me more of a 14-year old on his first school trip than a professional, well, anything.

It would be bad enough if he were even a decent player, but he just isn't, nowhere near good enough fit where we need to be aiming.

Maybe I'm over reacting, it just winds me up.

Kopral Jono

I'm not sure as to what you're trying to say there, because I think I've made it clear that with these things I criticise the performance and not the peripheral stuff. I don't care what he does in his spare time and he's well within his rights to do whatever he wants on his holiday after a long season, but I just don't think it's the wisest of decisions for him to share these escapades to the wider public knowing the predicament of our club as a whole lately.

And where did I say I condone what Cantona, Rojo and whatever they were that Rooney did?

Oggmonster

Yeah you would hope so, but the merch side of the club now is non negotiable
Do any kids wear Lingard tops? I'd agree if it was Pogba, all my mates who have kids that are United fans all love Pogba and I see plenty of others about with Pogba tops, I honestly don't recall seeing 1 Lingard top or anything ever on anyone of any age except Lingard himself. Maybe his social media activity raises awareness of him, it probably doesn't do much for the club.

Cantona is obviously going to get a pass from United fans, he's one of our best ever players and backed up stuff like that on the pitch. I agree with the sentiment of bottling someone obviously being worse but people can still comment that they think Lingard is a tit, they're hardly comparable incidents.

Lingard is putting this stuff on social media then it gets shared everywhere so people are bound to see it and comment on it.

I’d say I’m surprised at people getting worked up over such a banal video but nothing surprises me about how self righteous football fans get on social media (and, increasingly, on here) any more.
Maybe so, I think the point more people are making is that he's an average footballer coming off the back of an awful season, playing for a club he has supported all his life and constantly puts shite like this on. I'm not worked up by it he can do what he wants but equally when I see it I and others are entitled to comment on it and if they think he's a bellend for the videos then so be it.

I don't get how it's self righteous at all? I don't think I'm any way superior to the guy I just think he's an absolute knob. I honestly don't get why people can't point that out? He's a celebrity with millions of followers over social media platforms, he puts the daft videos he does on he's going to get comments on them.

At the end of the day the football club is a passion for millions of people, plenty of people spend thousands of pounds a year to watch them and are well within their rights to criticise the players. Lingard is well within his rights to call his mates beans and pretend to shag pillows as well but when he shows it everyone else he's going to get comments.

Adisa

It's not a generational thing. In any generation, you need a certain level of discipline to be successful. This squad know nothing about it.

Last edited:

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
It's not a generational thing. In any generation, you need a certain level of discipline to be successful. This squad no nothing about it.
Mark Goldbridge was on Talksport along with other United fans going mad about all this. They all said Ole doesn't seem to have control over the players and that Lingard is a very average footballer.

Status
Not open for further replies.