4.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stadjer

Wait, superb? After that Cardiff game he has one goal and one assist. In 11 games. For attacking player that is awful.
But he runs a lot... that off the ball movement he gets praised for. That he doesnt score, gives assists or does anything else useful doesnt matter if i am to believe the people who think he is a good player.

He just is not a very good player (atleast not for Manchester United standard). The whole right side needs to be overhauled. First Young and after that Lingard. I guess he is good enough to be a squad player until there are better options for that too..

billybee99

Wait, superb? After that Cardiff game he has one goal and one assist. In 11 games. For attacking player that is awful.
You're right; that is awful. But for Jesse Lingard, it is the norm. He is putting up the same poor numbers under Ole that he has always put up but don't try to tell anybody that. In this post-Trump world that we live in, people can look you in the eye and tell you, against all statistical evidence indicating otherwise, that he has been "superb". In the absence of goals or assists or successful dribbles or key passes - you know, the actual empirical data and measurable statistics that we have always used to measure attacking players - his fans will give you qualities that are impossible to measure statistically or empirically like "movement" and "put in a shift" or "his runs opened up the space for other players to score our goals". No other attacking player I have ever seen gets to be measured in these terms or is afforded such allowances. Try to tell Madradistas that Bale "put in a shift" when he hasn't scored a goal for 2 weeks. Tell the Stretford End that Nani had "world class movement" when he's putting a cross into the 20th row. We want to compete with the likes Liverpool who have wingers like Salah on the right and Mane on the left as well as City who have wingers like Sane, Sterling, Mahrez or even KDB, or either Silva if they so desire - Lingard wouldn't even make City's bench yet he starts every game for MUFC. We need to buy someone who will double or triple Lingard's numbers to even get close. Salah scored more goals last season than Lingard has in his entire career. Think about that.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Player returning from injury has a poor game. I am very shocked, never seen that happen before. :lol:
Exactly. For fecksake, cut him and Martial some slack. I'd argue that this was a very difficult game as it is, and even harder for two players who have been out injured for awhile.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Certainly not good enough to be in the first team and I am questioning whether he is even good enough to be a squad player.

He hasn't played well in a game since December against the relegation fodder. He has been completely ineffective and forgettable.

He is 26 and still inconsistent; has no defined role in the team (What is he? A winger? An attacking midfielder? A busy body?); lacks the ability to make a difference.

We definitely won't be winning anything next year if he is still in the first team next year.
I think he's good enough as a squad option. The Park Ji Sung of this team. Not one a title league team can rest it's shoulders on but useful and had a great mentality to boot. He'll be part of our squad for years and I'm fine with that as long as we don't not sign quality players as a result.

deadrevelz

You're right; that is awful. But for Jesse Lingard, it is the norm. He is putting up the same poor numbers under Ole that he has always put up but don't try to tell anybody that. In this post-Trump world that we live in, people can look you in the eye and tell you, against all statistical evidence indicating otherwise, that he has been "superb". In the absence of goals or assists or successful dribbles or key passes - you know, the actual empirical data and measurable statistics that we have always used to measure attacking players - his fans will give you qualities that are impossible to measure statistically or empirically like "movement" and "put in a shift" or "his runs opened up the space for other players to score our goals". No other attacking player I have ever seen gets to be measured in these terms or is afforded such allowances. Try to tell Madradistas that Bale "put in a shift" when he hasn't scored a goal for 2 weeks. Tell the Stretford End that Nani had "world class movement" when he's putting a cross into the 20th row. We want to compete with the likes Liverpool who have wingers like Salah on the right and Mane on the left as well as City who have wingers like Sane, Sterling, Mahrez or even KDB, or either Silva if they so desire - Lingard wouldn't even make City's bench yet he starts every game for MUFC. We need to buy someone who will double or triple Lingard's numbers to even get close. Salah scored more goals last season than Lingard has in his entire career. Think about that.
You mean the Salah who hasn't scored in 7 games but keeps getting picked because of his off the ball movement and runs that open up defences... :lol:

Lingard has been crap though recently. He's a good squad player not a United first 11 player.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
It's been said many time before but if he wasn't an academy grad, he'd be at Everton or Bournemouth.

I get he works in a free flowing team but output does actually count in football and his goals and assists for a link man between midfield and attack is really poor. Even key passes or other metrics I would guess are low.

I really like him and think he's a decent enough squad player but as a main starter, absolutely not.

sherrinford

I like to think that some folk still judge players by actually watching them. It’s a shame many feel the need to form an opinion around some very basic numbers with very little sense of context. It’s a nonsense.

Lingard isn’t rated particularly highly. Here... anywhere... Virtually everyone wants to see a better player in the team. It doesn’t mean Lingard doesn’t have any strong points to his game and can’t bring anything to the team.

JoaquinJoaquin

27 years old this year :lol:

He has the odd good game, but is nowhere near the level of a starter for a team wanting to challenge for trophies. But majority of sensible fans have said that for years. Should be a squad player at a push.

JoaquinJoaquin

You mean the Salah who hasn't scored in 7 games but keeps getting picked because of his off the ball movement and runs that open up defences... :lol:

Lingard has been crap though recently. He's a good squad player not a United first 11 player.
Come on, Salah has more talent in his left boot. And I say that through gritted teeth.

Irwin99

I like him when he's in top form and fully fit. Consistency should be better though and I don't say that because of yesterday, I just mean generally.

deadrevelz

Come on, Salah has more talent in his left boot. And I say that through gritted teeth.
I know... but was watching Pool play earlier and his comment was identical to the one made about Salah during that game. Salah shows what an attacking player should do even if the goals aren't coming. Apart from the sulking anyway.

el3mel

The period between November to February last season was his peak. I very much doubt he'll ever hit it again.

Sylar

That free kick at the end to give them the ball back :lol: Instead of keeping it simple he tries that.

Web of Bissaka

I like his tactical fouls, but seriously need to decide when and where to do it.

His late tactical foul in this game is not needed since Matic and co covered up the spaces behind well already, or is it based on quick impulse? not seeing the situation? Not for the first time his tactical fouls is bad timing location-wise.

Good movement for the assist/cross to our 2nd goal.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I like his tactical fouls, but seriously need to decide when and where to do it.

His late tactical foul in this game is not needed since Matic and co covered up the spaces behind well already, or is it based on quick impulse? not seeing the situation? Not for the first time his tactical fouls is bad timing location-wise.

Good movement for the assist/cross to our 2nd goal.
A lot of players seem to have that rush of blood.
Moura did a very similar one for Tottenham today.

Wolves 2:1 Man Utd

Woodenlung

He's really just a bit crap. For a while his pace and off the ball movement worked well in stretching play. And he popped up with some important goals. But currently he cant even pass the ball to his own teammates and without the odd goal he's not doing anything to justify his inclusion.

FujiVice

Might as well have played and inflatable comedy banana with eyes and a mouth drawn on it.

Bojan11

How do people still want him at the club? What does he offer? Can’t pass. Can’t shoot. Can’t dribble past his man. Has no creativity at all. Has the strength of a school girl.

Zoo

It’s not good enough. He’s there to be decisive and he frequently fails, costing the team.

mewnew11

Most over rated player ever. I am sorry but what does he do? Doesnt beat a player, can't cross , can't shoot , can't score , can't assist, can't dribble. He isint even a squad player. Lukaku was benched and not this turd.

We can't go into a season with lingard as part of our attacking options. He isn't even a squad option for me.

Copa Mundial

Really looking forward to how the Lingard lovers are going to defend that performance from him.

Absolutely appalling!

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Don't need a RW. Lingard moves around a lot.

Djemba-Djemba

Utterly fecking hopeless.

Missed that sitter and then did absolutely nothing for the next 70 minutes.

He's scored 6 goals since January 2018. How the feck does he play so much for us?

Based Adnan

He's good for games when you need running but in games like today his lack of quality and sloppiness on the ball let him down. Should be no more than a squad player.

Mister_Stubbs

The type of player who either needs to be absolutely nothing more than a squad player or just ship him off so he can dance and prat around elsewhere.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
Please just get shut in the summer, I know he’s on mega bucks for someone of his ability but just give him away.

Red Devil 26

Premature Examination
Can't think of too many attacking players who have chalked up as many appearances as he has for Utd with so little threat. He can't pass, can't dribble, can't finish. My only hope when he picks up the ball is that he finds a red shirt as quickly as possible.

cj_sparky

He is bang average. Squad man and no more.

All he does generally in games, is to make himself look busy.....because he moves a bit.

He has been woeful for a while.

El Jefe

Bloody useless today. Another player on £100k a week who is as limited as it gets for an attacker.

Status
Not open for further replies.