Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
His miss was bad but at least it’s not meant to be his bread and butter. Still, a poor game and out of his depth.

PoTMS

Why is everybody surprised? It's simple regression to the mean. He was never really that good anyway and should be nothing more than a squad player for a team that wants to win things.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
And some still think clubs would lining up for him on 100k/wk. Even 25m is 25m too much for him.

NK86

Think we should just give him the role of a hysterical teenager who posts oninsta and youtube when our team does well. That's all he seems capable of eoing consistently well.

Cannot believe the shite he turns up with for the majority of the season and still gets paid 100k/week for it.

NK86

Why is everybody surprised? It's simple regression to the mean. He was never really that good anyway and should be nothing more than a squad player for a team that wants to win things.
He is not good enough to be a squad player. Man City have Bernardo Silva as a squad player. If we want to match them, we need their calibre of players, manager and board too it seems.

Silas

He should have been subbed for Martial, not Rom. No clue how he lasted the full 90.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Would like to see him as part of a clear out while we can cash in + get a talent with a higher cap in, perhaps like Joao Felix. Won't happen because this isn't FM, but still.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Since the injury against PSG Lingard's form has fallen off a cliff.

drdoityourself

He isn't clinical enough to be the third man in a front three. So to start him in a front two was always going to backfire. I mean that literally, he only goes backwards.

That miss was just who he is as a player. Takes up some good positions but almost never makes anything out of it. So far from being what this team needs.

mewnew11

He's good for games when you need running but in games like today his lack of quality and sloppiness on the ball let him down. Should be no more than a squad player.
This is exactly what needs to die. Jesse is not even fit to be a squad player. Because he brings nothing to the team.

The fact that him playing ruins opportunities like Chong Gomes greenwood is nauseating .

And what do you mean games which need running? Every game needs running. He is just shite and there are a whole lot of posters who just can't see it. It's amazing.

NK86

He should have been subbed for Martial, not Rom. No clue how he lasted the full 90.
Because Ole likes him. He is the most pointless footballer I have ever seen playing in red.

-Supreme-

His end product is not good enough at this level, the clear cut chances he keeps on missing is just as bad as conceding cheap goals from goalkeeping / defensive mistakes.

The attacking positions he occupies should be producing a lot more goals

Jacob

Worst performance from him ever. He's bang average. Should not even be rotation worthy with a decent squad.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
He's been coasting for a while on being a United academy graduate. I don't think we'd miss him if he were to leave, similar to Cleverley or Welbeck. Way too many performances where he's effectively making us play a man down.

AndyJ1985

Another dreadful player who gets a free ride because of supposedly being a useless squad player who does a job.

Based Adnan

This is exactly what needs to die. Jesse is not even fit to be a squad player. Because he brings nothing to the team.

The fact that him playing ruins opportunities like Chong Gomes greenwood is nauseating .

And what do you mean games which need running? Every game needs running. He is just shite and there are a whole lot of posters who just can't see it. It's amazing.
He quite clearly brings at least something going by his contributions in some games for us. By running I mean when games are stretched and there's space to be found either wide or between the lines. He's got great off the ball movement and it's no shock his best games for us have been vs the big sides where there's more space as they don't defend as deep (Arsenal in particular). Having said that if he was to be sold I wouldn't be too bothered tbh. He's not a Park level squad player and probably never will be.

He shouldn't be playing anywhere near as much as he does and in games like today where there's not much space as the opponent defends deep, his lack of ability/creativity on the ball is exposed.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
I don’t think I have ever seen such an easy header missed. He’s everything that is wrong with this untied. That would/should have been 2-0. Utter garbage for 95% of his games.

Bao Loc Nguyen

How the hell and wtf did Lingard do to convince Ole to keep him on the field for the whole 90 mins today?

Missed a sitter early that could have been vital. Misplaced lots of simple passes. Lossed control of the ball from an easy peasy throw-in then walked back indifferently while everyone else scrambling to recover.

Saying his contribution to the our game is zero would be an understatement, should be a big "-1" instead.

And there were times people comparing him to Firmino... I rest my case.

Bojan11

Yes he is, you're just angry. He's just been overpromoted for the past 2 seasons.
Angry? He’s scored 6 goals for us since January 2018 despite being a starter. I dread to think what his stats would be like if he’s a squad player. He’s abysmal and shouldn’t be anywhere near the club.

marktan

I genuinely think he'd struggle at the lower PL level teams. Gets a free ride with us because he runs a lot, but on the ball he's absolutely garbage.

MaREDcus

I would love to see his pass complete % today, just awful. I'm so confused why he wasn't replaced vs. Lukaku. Yes, he runs around a lot, but besides that he's nothing.

Djemba-Djemba

Angry? He’s scored 6 goals for us since January 2018 despite being a starter. I dread to think what his stats would be like if he’s a squad player. He’s abysmal and shouldn’t be anywhere near the club.
6 goals in 15/16 months.

fecking hell.

He's scored 4 goals for England in the same time for feck sake.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Stats in last 4 seasons of our "excellent squad player".
30 games- 5,g, 3a
48 games- 13g, 8a
42 games -5g, 3a
41 games- 7g,4a

So our attacking player has 30 goals and 18 assists in last 161 games. Sorry, i can't find stats for good movement, linking up and running. I know, i know that those stats are crucial for attacking player but i can't find it

Red Stone

The people saying he's good enough to be a squad player are probably thinking about that one time where he was abnormally good for a few games in a row. He hasn't shown anything like that since, and that must be a year and a half ago, at least. One purple patch does not a player make.

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
A good squad player is chicharito or ole. Not Jesse. Oh how the standards have fallen
He's not a striker though. He's a bit and bobs squad player with one outstanding attribute (people rave about his runs). He's just overpromoted at the moment.

Bojan11

He's not a striker though. He's a bit and bobs squad player with one outstanding attribute (people rave about his runs). At his best he's a good squad player.
He’s attacking player in a front three whose job is to create or score. He does neither of those things well, so then what is the point of him?

Mane, Salah, Sterling and Sane aren’t strikers yet hit double figures.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Jesse is and will always be a squad player, a good squad player.
Please explain that term. In your opinion, what is the role of attacking squad rotation player in Man Utd? What is his job when he plays as a "squad rotation player"?

Status
Not open for further replies.