Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Horrible movement for any chance creation. Pretty much sucked the life out of any attacking intent together with Pogba. Easy to see how difficult it is to depend on a squad player when he is the main man.

deafepl

Jesse's movement is completely overrated and selfish, Rashford's movement off the balls creating chance is superior to Lingard technically. Lingard didn't create spaces a lot or create for himself with the movement he has, how many chances did he get? I've said for a long time, he was eager to get ahead frontline when we were on break, he ruined plenty of counter-attack with his movement when Pogba, Shaw, Martial or Rashford were looking for space to exploit or exploit space with pass but he doesn't dragging defenders out for them to run in or exploit space rather than coming close to his team players, he just runs to the penalty.

joeyclams

All he did tonight was run around. Made no attempt to run in behind and create some space. But that goes for all the forwards.

Everyone was checking back or dropping deep and no one put pressure on the Wolves centerbacks. Nothing more frustrating that watching the midfield get the ball and look up and not a single forward making a run forward or into the box. Granted, playing with 10 men made it more difficult to get players forward but no reason for Lingard to play wall passes all game long. Not once did he receive the ball and turn to face the goal.

ForestRGoinUp

27 years old this year. Just let that sink in for a minute.

Ive flipped flopped with my opinion that I think he is a good squad player, but I don't think he is to be honest. Poor in 90% of the games he plays, and goes hiding far too much. We need rid of average dross from the squad, and he unfortunately is one. Would much rather give Chong or Gomes a chance.
Sell him to Everton or whatever. Help fund a bid for Sancho and Jao Felix or Timo Werner or just something that will give you more off the bench. Don't see the point in having him.

Frank Grimes

Had a golden chance to put us 2-0 up and headers the ball so weakly whilst telegraphing it also, was great ball by Lukaku too tbf. If he had put his head through it that was a goal and he could have flicked in the opposite side too. This was the defining moment in the game.

I literally forgot he was on the pitch in the second half too.

Last edited:

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
Horrible. The guy is better doing videos in Twitter or I dont know.

A poor one that doesnt deserve to be playing so much.

Incredible that he is 27 !!!

Can we sell him asap?

Mrdan1709

Is anyone really suprised how bad he was. I dont know what is wrong with out club. ITs like a charity. We are way to loyal to players who are not good enough for the standard we aspire to be. Its absolutely appalling that Lingard, Young, Valencia, Jones and Darmian are still here. After this season ends i will even add Matic, Mata, Rojo and Lukaku to this list. Its unbelievably how many one dimensional average players we have, we need a huge investment because as it stands we will never in a million years beat city to a title with our current squad. Not even pep guardiola himself can manage this bunch to a title

Raw

He should be just about to approach his prime at that age. Seems a long long way away from it.

Also he needs a fecking shave. Absolute state of that fluff on his face.

dogwithabone

Pathetic performance. The problem we have with him is that he will probably score a defining goal in next couple of games and that buys him time and will have his manager scratching his head thinking he daren't get rid of him.

That thought process would be ok if he was 19 or 20 because you expect inconsistency but he should be by now performing consistently to 7+ out of 10 virtually every game. He's nowhere near that, more like a 6, quite a few 5's, too many 4's like last night and the very very occasional 8 or 9 when he might cap it with a sublime goal.

Will never reach top class given his age and if there's £50m on the table then it should be cheerio.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I like Jesse, when the team is playing well and the other players are on form he adds to the play. Problem is, that's not good enough, he's hardly young and learning anymore, he's 26 now. 5 goals and 6 assists in 31 appearances this season is a poor return whichever way you look at it, he's not productive enough for a player that plays such an attacking role. His inconsistency is frustrating too, he doesn't step up when we really need him.

Devil81

I personally think his outside image has had an effect on his personal performance, he's playing like a player that thinks he's made it at United.

He should play every day like he's got a point to prove to start for the club, that side of his game is gone.

DamoK

He's just not good enough, his end product and finishing are poor. Compare him to Jota last night and I know who I'd rather have on my team and Jota is 4 years younger.

Last edited by a moderator:

Andersons Dietician

Just awful. Didn’t even do the one thing he is good at which is bringing energy and running around like a headless chicken.

Mr.Plow

Puts himself about, scores the occasional screamer and misses 10 sitters inbetween. Speaks volumes about our lack of ambition that we haven't thought to upgrade him over the past 2 years. Another Cleverly/Gibson/Welbeck. Shockingly overrated due to being an academy product.

spiriticon

I'm starting to doubt if he is even good enough for the bench. His 9/10 performances just come too few and far between.

Josh 76

Another player who can raise it once in a while to paper over the cracks.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Puts himself about, scores the occasional screamer and misses 10 sitters inbetween. Speaks volumes about our lack of ambition that we haven't thought to upgrade him over the past 2 years. Another Cleverly/Gibson/Welbeck. Shockingly overrated due to being an academy product.
Never mind that he's scored in finals for us eh?

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I personally think his outside image has had an effect on his personal performance, he's playing like a player that thinks he's made it at United.

He should play every day like he's got a point to prove to start for the club, that side of his game is gone.
If his outside image didn't affect him scoring goals last season, how is it now?

AndyJ1985

Been saying this for years but always get shot down with nonsense about him being a good squad player who does a job. You are spot on about there being a lack of ambition at this club.

deadrevelz

I like his energy, but apart from that he offers almost nothing. Did have a good run in the first 10 seconds of the game though. :lol:
He is a squad player, always has been. He will stay this summer but if he doesn't improve next season I think he might be off.

AndyJ1985

I like his energy, but apart from that he offers almost nothing. Did have a good run in the first 10 seconds of the game though. :lol:
He is a squad player, always has been. He will stay this summer but if he doesn't improve next season I think he might be off.
I don't understand when we became a football club that accepts players who offer nothing except some "energy"

Back in our glory days our squad players were actually very good at playing football.

deadrevelz

I don't understand when we became a football club that accepts players who offer nothing except some "energy"

Back in our glory days our squad players were actually very good at playing football.
2013?

We also have players who don't show energy which is just as bad as only showing it imo.

RedDevil5

He's really just not good enough. Shouldn't be playing more than a typical squad rotation player. Really average.

dogwithabone

Feck me if someone was stupid enough to offer £50m for Lingard, I'd bite their hand off.

I know it's ridiculous but that will be his value. On paper he's a 30 game a season player for a top 6 PL club, a more often than not starter for England, an eye for a goal and age wise approaching his peak.

Someone else suggested £30m which I'd agree is about his true worth but, based on the above, we'd get £50m for him if we sold him this summer.

Kostov

Pathetic performance. The problem we have with him is that he will probably score a defining goal in next couple of games and that buys him time and will have his manager scratching his head thinking he daren't get rid of him.

That thought process would be ok if he was 19 or 20 because you expect inconsistency but he should be by now performing consistently to 7+ out of 10 virtually every game. He's nowhere near that, more like a 6, quite a few 5's, too many 4's like last night and the very very occasional 8 or 9 when he might cap it with a sublime goal.

Will never reach top class given his age and if there's £50m on the table then it should be cheerio.
Who in their right mind would pay 50m for Jesse Lingard? There’s only one club stupid enough to do that but he already has an overpaid contract there.

Status
Not open for further replies.