4.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

OohAahMartial

All of our players come back from injury out of form and sharpness. We need to not rush them back. There was a time when the Reserves would be used to regain match sharpness, but without that it's a real issue.

Singling him out after coming back from injury is ridiculous imo. He was a key part of our winning run when Ole came in, but people only remember their mast game.

Mr.Plow

Been saying this for years but always get shot down with nonsense about him being a good squad player who does a job. You are spot on about there being a lack of ambition at this club.
Thing is, he's not a squad player. He usually starts when he's fit. We went into this season with him as first choice and Mata as back up. We have to upgrade in the summer.

AndyJ1985

All of our players come back from injury out of form and sharpness. We need to not rush them back. There was a time when the Reserves would be used to regain match sharpness, but without that it's a real issue.

Singling him out after coming back from injury is ridiculous imo. He was a key part of our winning run when Ole came in, but people only remember their mast game.
Same shit excuse that was always used for Rooney when he'd return to the team and stink the place out for the next two months. "Oh but he needs 10 games to get match fit"

Timo.utd

I'm not even sure if he would start for wolves,but can be first option for us, must be something wrong

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Never mind that he's scored in finals for us eh?
Gibson scored vs Munich.
Cleverley and Welbeck, who I think are a level above Gibson and close to Lingard: one was an important part of a league-winning midfield, the other was an important sub in a league-winning attack and scored at Madrid.

Kostov

Same shit excuse that was always used for Rooney when he'd return to the team and stink the place out for the next two months. "Oh but he needs 10 games to get match fit"
Please don't put an all time great like Rooney in the same sentence with Lingard, even at his worst Rooney was better and never needed 10 games to be of use.
Gibson scored vs Munich.
Cleverley and Welbeck, who I think are a level above Gibson and close to Lingard: one was an important part of a league-winning midfield, the other was an important sub in a league-winning attack and scored at Madrid.
Some of his apologists on here act like those goals against Crystal Palace and Southampton 2-3 years ago are enough for him to be tolerated being absolute shit for the next decade. Laughable.

Oscar.Z.Acosta

Squad player at best, and only if he learns how to pass properly. I’ve seen 12 year olds with a better idea of how to weight a pass - it’s shocking how bad he is at this fundamental aspect of the game.

Running is for the Olympics...

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Gibson scored vs Munich.
You're ignoring that he was in a bloody good team! Easy to step into a winning team

Lingard has been good in a poor era for us

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
He plays as 1 of 3 attacking players for Manchester United, has contributed to 9 goals this season in about 1,850 minutes. Easy maths, that's a goal/assist every 200 minutes.

That is appalling for part of a forward 3 at a 'big' club. And we're going to get nowhere with those kind of numbers.

Inigo Montoya

He really hasn't. He's had a few bright moments, as you would expect, but more often than not he's completely anonymous and ineffectual.

If we have any sort of ambition he'll be replaced sooner rather than later, because you aren't going to win league titles with Lingard in the team.
And of course, he's the problem isn't he?:rolleyes:

Robbie Boy

Thought he was starting to become a good player for us last season but his form this season has varied from ok to utter, utter shite.

JoaquinJoaquin

Clutching at straws that. He has been poor for 90% of the season.

Trizy

I love how the Caf's opinion changes on players so quickly. I was attacked in January of last year for saying he a championship player. This was before his extended purple patch too where we all thought just maybe he's finally becoming good. But no, he's still Jesse.

Inigo Montoya

I never said that he was 'the' problem though.

The squad has many weaknesses, and many areas that need improvement; but Lingard is certainly one of the problems, and one of the players who need upgraded.
Yes but you're singling him out when there are far more pressing problems and sub standard players.

He may not be first choice but tell me where you're going to get better squad/subs? We can't spend £100s of millions on players and bench them. He still is an international and a very experienced option if we need subs.

Fredo

You broke my heart!
Yes but you're singling him out when there are far more pressing problems and sub standard players.

He may not be first choice but tell me where you're going to get better squad/subs? We can't spend £100s of millions on players and bench them. He still is an international and a very experienced option if we need subs.
Jesse is not a bad player, he just turns up and pressures the defenders not so frequently, and his biggest assest is his positioning and dragging defenders wide so our attackers can have more room to operate in the final third. His problem is that he does not do that often and it's such a pity to see youngsters like McTominay pushing themselves to the limit while Lingard and co overlook the opposition unless it is a top team playing against us.
Jesse should keep his head down and never leave the pitch without giving 100%, this fashion lifestyle he has is justified when he produces on the pitch, which he is not doing so often, good squad player but if he is to warrant a first-11 start, he should rely on performances and not his affiliation with Ole.

Bwuk

Really think we should be looking to transition him to part of the midfield 3. Similar role to how he played for England at the World Cup.

He’s not got enough goals/assists in him to be part of the front 3.

haram

I love how the Caf's opinion changes on players so quickly. I was attacked in January of last year for saying he a championship player. This was before his extended purple patch too where we all thought just maybe he's finally becoming good. But no, he's still Jesse.
It’s still a shit opinion.

el3mel

You're ignoring that he was in a bloody good team! Easy to step into a winning team

Lingard has been good in a poor era for us
He has been terrible in the last 4 years since he started playing for LVG except for that purple patch last season which was only for 4 months. As for the goals scored in the final, I don't need to remind you of who scored Portugal's winning goal in Euro final out of everyone of their team.

A nothing player scoring an important goal in one game doesn't mean he's actually good.

A 27 years old forward whose goal scoring record only exceeded 10 in one season and the rest are 6,5 and currently 5. You'll never someone like that starting at any big club except United.

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
I'll make my only contribution to this thread, limit myself now to one a year.

Interesting stat, in four seasons Lingard has scored 17 league goals for us, 8 in the month of December , 4 in November and has never scored a league goal so far for us in August, September, October, April or May of any season.

Thank you and goodbye.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He's great at moving and finding pockets of space, but then he's rubbish at actually using that space, that's the problem.

For an attacking player his output just isn't good enough. Let's be honest if he wasn't best mates with Rashford / from Manchester he would have been moved on a while ago.

Right now he should be backup to Pogba for the 10.

Inigo Montoya

He's great at moving and finding pockets of space, but then he's rubbish at actually using that space, that's the problem.

For an attacking player his output just isn't good enough. Let's be honest if he wasn't best mates with Rashford / from Manchester he would have been moved on a while ago.

Right now he should be backup to Pogba for the 10.
Right! He's been kept around because he has friends in high places:rolleyes:

I swear these posts get more absurd each day.

haram

You're always so aggressive and negative on this forum, you need to cheer up. Smile! :D
Thinking Lingard is a Championship player is a shit opinion. No other way I can put it.

Irwin99

Hasn't been right since his injury but he's too inconsistent over the season. Seems to have bursts of form for one or two months where he looks a quality player and then struggles.

haram

He is a number 10. Every other player gets excuses made for them when they are played in different positions.

He is a number 10. Every other player gets excuses made for them when they are played in different positions.
True - but at least with other players like Pogba and Martial they give us goals and assists. Lingard doesn't give us either unfortunately.

And rightly so. It's a ridiculous thing to say.

He's not a starter for a top club but he would have been a squad player in any SAF team. He does everything right he just doesn't quite have the talent to always pull it off.

haram

True - but at least with other players like Pogba and Martial they give us goals and assists. Lingard doesn't give us either unfortunately.
Lingard is more of a cog. The cog doesn’t work well away from central starting points. That doesn’t make him a bad player or shite.

Actually there is, you could say 'true.' Or 'spot on' or '+1'. theres so many things you could say that would be actually true.
If you think Lingard is a Championship player you probably have never even watched a championship game.

Reddy Rederson

Right! He's been kept around because he has friends in high places:rolleyes:

I swear these posts get more absurd each day.
Its not a million miles away from the truth. His celebrity is far greater than his talent would suggest. Hes obviously close to pogba who we know has the influence. Woody and co have made it clear that they dont know or care about the football side of things. They think Sanchez is a good deal because of the money he brings in elsewhere. Lingard with his clothing line and twitter followings is in a place to promote the club in a way that woody and co see as profitable. Hes also english which is worth its weight in gold. The fact hes not mentioned when we talk about people being moved on in the summer, tells you everything you need to know about where this club is headed.

Reddy Rederson

Lingard is more of a cog. The cog doesn’t work well away from central starting points. That doesn’t make him a bad player or shite.

If you think Lingard is a Championship player you probably have never even watched a championship game.
youre right. Even that level might be too much for him.

billybee99

And Lingard gets excuses made for him no matter what position he plays by all his fanboys. And you, Haram, are the leading fanboy. So now Jesse is a number 10 and if he doesn't play as a number 10, he was played out of position? You have so many excuses it's ridiculous. Why don't you tell us about his movement. You always love to do that.

Reddy Rederson

And rightly so. It's a ridiculous thing to say.

He's not a starter for a top club but he would have been a squad player in any SAF team. He does everything right he just doesn't quite have the talent to always pull it off.
:lol: no he wouldnt. He would have been one of those that we saw once during an early FA cup game and then spoke of only when we faced him again at his new lower league club.

AndyJ1985

If he played for another club would anyone want us to sign him? I think the answer would be a resounding no. Better players than him have been linked to us in transfer windows before only for the news to be met with disappointment. Willian and Perisic for example are way better than Lingard and a lot of people thought neither of them were good enough for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.