4.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

We'll See Out There!

Just watched his "hilarious" Beans video, is this guy really 26 years old feck me! I read a stat in a previous post that he has 14 career assists, wow! Until we see the end of this guy and others of a similar standard, I'm looking at you Young, Jones, Smalling in a United shirt we're finished as a club capable of winning the big trophies. How does his amazing assist stat compare to other players of his age, PL appearances etc etc???
I know were not, but perhaps he's getting a kicking on here when others have similar numbers, but I'd think those numbers are comparable to lower level PL teams at best. Has to be gone by Christmas at the latest, shouldn't be squad player either by the way!

Mcking

:lol: Because I just counted them and I missed one but that's still 14 career assists, it's not going to go up because you're in denial about it. Yep, you're right, 17 career goals for United since 2011. Blistering...
Which website are you using, or are you taking the piss? Lingard has 217 club career apps, scoring 41 goals and providing 23 assists. He has 166 apps with Manchester United in four years, starting 117 of those games, scoring 29 goals and providing 16 assists. Not numbers you'd get from the likes of Messi and Ronaldo, but if you are going to take a jab, then try to get close to the facts.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Calm ya tits.

I was reinforcing your point..
I'm perfectly calm, just laughing at the people who are so riled up by a player. Not sure how you are reinforcing my point when I was calling out that post as hilarious for going all trump.

Also not sure where you got 14 assists from, going by Transfermarkt, including his loans, FA cup, league cup, super cup it's 41 goals and 27 assists in 13271 mins which is Goal or assist every 195 mins. So he averages goal or assist every other game.

roonster09

Scout
:lol: Because I just counted them and I missed one but that's still 14 career assists, it's not going to go up because you're in denial about it. Yep, you're right, 17 career goals for United since 2011. Blistering...
12 assists in PL
8 assists in Championship
2 assists in FA cup
1 in CL
2 in Europa league
2 in league cup

Total 27 assists in his professional career and 41 goals in 13271 mins, which is 195 mins per goal or assist. That's goal or assist every other game.

Mcking

12 assists in PL
8 assists in Championship
2 assists in FA cup
1 in CL
2 in Europa league
2 in league cup

Total 27 assists in his professional career and 41 goals in 13271 mins, which is 195 mins per goal or assist. That's goal or assist every other game.
It's around 23 assists. I think transfermarkt counted assists that weren't direct assists. He has 10 EPL assists for example according to their official website. He has 41 career goals though and has only played for Man Utd since 2015 + his one app against Swansea in LVG's opening game.

roonster09

Scout
It's around 23 assists. I think transfermarkt counted assists that weren't direct assists. He has 10 EPL assists for example according to their official website. He has 41 career goals though and has only played for Man Utd since 2015 + his one app against Swansea in LVG's opening game.
Just for the sake of consistency, I used one site. Yeah even if we consider 23 assists, it's goal or assist every 207 mins. He is a back up player for the exact same reason, shame people twist the stats just to make it worse than it is already (like using 2011 when he started to play regularly from 2015)

JoaquinJoaquin

Just for the sake of consistency, I used one site. Yeah even if we consider 23 assists, it's goal or assist every 207 mins. He is a back up player for the exact same reason, shame people twist the stats just to make it worse than it is already (like using 2011 when he started to play regularly from 2015)
He has started 117 out of 166. That is a starting player, not a squad player.

roonster09

Scout
He has started 117 out of 166. That is a starting player, not a squad player.
He started 19 league games last season and 4 CL games
20 in 2017-18 (his best season) and 3 CL games
18 in 2016-17, 6 Europa league games
19 in 2015-16, 4 in CL, 3 in Europa.

That looks like a squad player to me, starting around 50% league games and CL. Playing mostly in domestic cup games.

R'hllor

I'm perfectly calm, just laughing at the people who are so riled up by a player. Not sure how you are reinforcing my point when I was calling out that post as hilarious for going all trump.

Also not sure where you got 14 assists from, going by Transfermarkt, including his loans, FA cup, league cup, super cup it's 41 goals and 27 assists in 13271 mins which is Goal or assist every 195 mins. So he averages goal or assist every other game.
Calm the feck down, Christ... :-)

Based Adnan

I agree he isn't good enough to be ManUtd player but these posts are just hilarious. Why since 2011 when he made his debut in 2014 and was injured all season, played his first proper season in 2015?
That's his stats for his whole career. If anything it should help Lingard including his loan spells before United as that's where 12 of his 41 goals came from.

In reality it just makes it all the more tragic.

Revaulx

I think everyone can agree that homophobic slurs, calls for him to die etc are not acceptable. But people thinking he shouldn't be getting stick are on another planet. If he was a Real or Barca player and they had the kind of season we had while their two biggest rivals, won the lot, he would be run out of town.
Agree with this.

Would Real or Barca (the clubs) tolerate this sort of thing from any of their players though? United clearly doesn’t mind in the slightest, and the amount of promotional material that has Jesse plastered all over it suggests that they approve of it, and regard his antics as likely to attract new fans.

I’m not saying it’s ok, but that is where the club is right now. Directing “hate” at individual players isn’t going to help, though it may make people feel better in the short term.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Ah ok, so Jesse Lingard saying beans on Twitter is deeply embarrassing and worth being sold over because he’s average. But Eric Cantona (who I loved btw) Kung Fu kicks a Crystal Palace fan and it Doesn’t?
Sorry but comparing Lingard with Cantona is like comparing a crappy home made fried rice to Gordon Ramsay's fecking risotto.

AdNani

I think he deserves stick yes, but what you said would be abuse.

I see a difference in the two.
Fair, He’s clearly not good enough to be a starter. Everyone can see that. But it’s not his fault we’re in such a mess that he’s having to do that. His videos are annoying and I can see that it looks like he doesn’t care, but people really shouldn’t be getting so wound up about something as stupid as him shouting beans

AdNani

Sorry but comparing Lingard with Cantona is like comparing a crappy home made fried rice to Gordon Ramsay's fecking risotto.
At no point did I compare them as players, just that people seem to hold the standards of embarrassing man united at different levels for different players

Marcelinho87

Fair, He’s clearly not good enough to be a starter. Everyone can see that. But it’s not his fault we’re in such a mess that he’s having to do that. His videos are annoying and I can see that it looks like he doesn’t care, but people really shouldn’t be getting so wound up about something as stupid as him shouting beans
My issue is not with his videos or his lifestyle choices, that is entirely upto him.

And it is not his fault at all, and I don't doubt his effort.

The lad is just not good enough and Manchester United needs to be more ruthless in this regard.

Walters_19_MuFc

I can see why it annoys some people, but I honestly think that even if Jesse wasn't a professional footballer, he'd still be the same, in that he'd love his social media, etc. Difference is, he just wouldn't have the following and publicity he gets for it now.

Pogba is the same. This is not just for the cameras. I genuinely believe that, as I said before, they'd be the same if they weren't famous.

They need to be able enjoy life and that is obviously a part of it. It just annoys people more than it should because performances on the pitch aren't matching up to those on social media. If it was, all of this wouldn't be an issue!

hobbers

Also a quick note on Pogba: he posts absolutely daft and cringeworthy stuff too. But the fact that he's a "star" makes it ok? I think that's a bit hypocritical. I don't think anyone should receive abuse for daft videos or social media posts, unless those videos and posts are offensive or vindictive or made with bad intent.
You won't find many people critical of Lingard's antics on social media who aren't also equally critical of Pogba's.

But there is an obvious and fair reason why someone going through a patch of form where they're scoring and assisting for fun gets more slack to act like a clown on social media. Lingard meanwhile has never had a purple patch. He's a nothing player.

It's not really right to compare their antics either when you consider how much more immature and cringeworthy Lingard is, but if you equalise their content just imagine Pogba acting as he does on social media if he had achieved as little of note in his career, and had as little talent, as Lingard. Even with his flamboyant personality I don't think he'd be posting videos of himself behaving like a pathetic manchild while turning in 3/10 performances every week. Even if he is a bit of a flat track bully who's needed Pirlos and Kantes holding his hand to achieve success, he's still earned the brand he's built for himself.

There's also the Rashford angle to this. Pogba isn't having a clear influence on any of the young players, but Lingard is very clearly influencing Rashford to act like an embarrassing class clown, a player 5 years his junior but vastly more talented than he could ever dream to be.

Last edited:

Fridge chutney

You won't find many people critical of Lingard's antics on social media who aren't also equally critical of Pogba's.

But there is an obvious and fair reason why someone going through a patch of form where they're scoring and assisting for fun gets more slack to act like a clown on social media. Lingard meanwhile has never had a purple patch. He's a nothing player.

It's not really right to compare their antics either when you consider how much more immature and cringeworthy Lingard is, but if you equalise their content just imagine Pogba acting as he does on social media if he had achieved as little of note in his career, and had as little talent, as Lingard. Even with his flamboyant personality I don't think he'd be posting videos of himself behaving like a pathetic manchild while turning in 3/10 performances every week. Even if he is a bit of a flat track bully who's needed Pirlos and Kantes holding his hand to achieve success, he's still earned the brand he's built for himself.

There's also the Rashford angle to this. Pogba isn't having a clear influence on any of the young players, but Lingard is very clearly influencing Rashford to act like an embarrassing class clown, a player 5 years his junior but vastly more talented than he could ever dream to be.
That still does not justify some of the abuse he gets.

LJJT

Some one at the club needs to get a grip on this now. Do what the hell they want in private I’m sure they have a great time and I don’t blame them but broadcasting that, using that language is totally wrong.

Kag

He refers to himself as Jesse Lingard.

Of course, he isn’t a bellend or anything. It’s just that we’re jealous and don’t rate him as a footballer. Or something.

Member 93275

He's 26 and wealthy but hangs out with young guys. Is he gay? It would be good if he would come out, as such a high profile player.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
When he gets it in his head that he's representing one of the biggest football teams in the world all of the time and not just during the season. Aslo it must enter his tiny brain that a lot of kids look up to the likes of him and his antics, then he may just start acting like a mature professional who is a role model to kids.

redmanc

Whilst he's an alright squad player i just HATE his attitude and behaviour off the pitch and quite frankly wish he would be sold as he's a massive bellend as proved in the videos hes sharing on social media.

IrishRedDevil

Can someone at the club hurry up and tell him to shut the feck up and stop these stupid videos. Why is the media training team not interventing, when they know all the negativity these videos are generating.

Heinzesight

The lad is an absolute twat. Needs hounding out the complete feckwit. Can’t stand the prick and the fact that the likes of Greenwood, Chong, Gomes and Beans (ffs) have to associate with this helmet cannot help.

Name Changed

weso26
I can't stand him but he epitomizes what the club has become, an absolute joke. I despise him. And he is nowhere close to good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.