4.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sterling Archer

He is at the same level as Gibson or Cleverley. We should sell him. He'll be a decent player for a mid table club.
Exactly. It would have been great to have him as part of a functional team. But where we are now, with him as one of the more experienced players, no. Must not be.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Getting really boring. He’s not the biggest problem we have. Very simple. That’s me done.
He's just as big of a problem as the rest of the problems if he's starting. You could argue even bigger due to his awful output, which is pathetic for a United attacker.

Not the biggest problem? So what? He’s still a problem.
No sh!t - but I named a dozen players who should leave before he does. We can’t actually get rid of everyone. Add to that dozen Mata and Herrera who will both leave, and then maybe DDG and Pogba who will likely push for a move and could leave... so no he’s nowhere near the biggest problem

Adnan

Talent Spotter
No sh!t - but I named a dozen players who should leave before he does. We can’t actually get rid of everyone. Add to that dozen Mata and Herrera who will both leave, and then maybe DDG and Pogba who will likely push for a move and could leave... so no he’s nowhere near the biggest problem
Bailly and Lukaku are two of the dozen you've named. Two players that are better than Lingard in their respective positions.

If I was you, I'd revise that list and add Lingard to it..

Robbie Boy

I think the whole ‘not our biggest problem’ really shows how far we have fallen and how readily some fans accept abject mediocrity. He is a problem, end of. Yes others are problems but this is the Lingard thread and this is the correct place for him being a problem to be discussed.

He plays far too much for a supposed ‘squad player’ and his performances this season have been utterly terrible. The fact that he seems to play consistently poor and still get selected is mind boggling. To be honest, bar ‘that spell’ last season and a-few games here-and-there, his career here has been utterly underwhelming. It’s been clear from day one that he should be at best, nothing more than a squad player but here we are years later and he’s still a fecking regular starter. I blame that clown Mourinho for indulging mediocre players such as Young, Lingard etc but he did and here we are.

yamo123x

Squad player. Adds energy and thats it. Has been rushed back from injury too soon IMHO and offers zero creativity.

He will stay though and be one of the faces of the new utd with Rashy.

Bailly and Lukaku are two of the dozen you've named. Two players that are better than Lingard in their respective positions.

If I was you, I'd revise that list and add Lingard to it..
Bailly certaintly is not. He can’t finish 90 mins without getting sent off or injured. An absolute liability.

Lukuku is maybe a better player than Lingard, I’ll give you that, however he cost £75-90m. If we had a decent striker he could paper over some of the other cracks, ala RVP - he’s also a player whose physical condition is an absolute disgrace, who keeps talking about other clubs, he’s a bigger problem than Lingard. Thankfully you are not me, and visa versa - it’s ok to have different opinions.

Canagel

That's it keep "working hard" . If the club and manager had sense hopefully in the Championship.

Wilfred Brown

I don't like his mentality now. After being robbed the balls after contacts with the opposition players, he loves sitting on the pitch and whining instead of getting up immediately and chase the ball

Last edited:

OLLY ORANGE

Will hopefully be at the top of a big list leaving This transfer window.
If Ole thinks he and Rashford are the nucleus of the new era then he will very quickly fall on his own sword and be out before xmas.
Just watch him and see what he contributes on the field his lack of creativity, the lack of ability to beat a man, the lack of ability to even try and beat a man and to try and cause some sort of threat.
Would love to see his stats on passing backwards to a centre half.
Hopefully Ole will be his own man and not a yes man for the heirarchy and shift him out asap.

-Supreme-

I don't like his mentality now. After being robbed the balls after contacts with the opposition players, he loves sitting on the pitch and whining instead of getting up immediately and chase the ball
Pogba and Rashford have started this behaviour and I’m now seeing lingard doing it too, it pisses me right off as they should just get one with it and chase the ball back just like Liverpool and city players

Andersons Dietician

5th minute of the game sums up Lingard as a whole. We have a break Dalot is going down the line just has to put it infront of him and he actually puts it so far behind Dalot he has to stop and run the opposite direction.

Ballist1x

The problem with jessie lingard is this:

Other clubs have players like de bruyne or Silva or eriksen.

You can't beat the top clubs consistently if man for man you have worse players.

Sure tactics, hardwork etc contribute but on average if all your players in key ppsitionsxate words than your opponents over 50 games or 100 games you simply won't do as well.

Take away Lingard’s Panama goal and there's little else there.

Reactions: VeevaVee

manunited1919

How can he continue to get into the England squad? He must have a wonderful personality in the dressing room, because on the pitch he just lacks edge. He is such a nothing player.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He wouldn't have been If CHO was there so I don't see a problem. He's crap though.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
If the Reddit leaks are to be believed, they're giving him another season to prove himself.
To me it sounds like we'll listen if the right offer comes in:

Lingard on thin ice. Work rate isn’t a problem, end product is. People at the club feel like he’s focusing on his brand rather than improving as a footballer and some are actually quite annoyed at him. Coaches are emphasising that he’s 26 and not in the same «young» bracket as Rashford, for example.

AshRK

Not his fan but it is clear Ole fancies him and I don't blame him, his work rate is top notch and we have other deadwoods to sell so Lingard is pretty much safe for now.

My issue with him he is pretending to be a leader for this new academy kids when he is shit at being a leader. The fact that Rashford spends most of the time with this clown rather than learning from the best is worrying. I don't mind Lingard staying as a squad player but Ole must be clear that he is not the one to look up to.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Very close to be done with him, but I know he had some incredible moments in LvG and Jose era.

In case he can't keep up, he should step down like Welbeck or Cleverley in the past and make space for youngsters who can live up to expectations and their own potential. This club was all about giving new blood a chance and only best graduates should stay, simple as that.

Next season bench should be highest arena for him, the club need to simply start producing results. Only play him when visible change of character or return to previous form is achieved.

AgentP

Next year should be his last year at United. Right now, we need him as a squad option. But once we get better options, he will be of no use to the team. He is going to be 27 but his game has not improved at all.

Boycott

His age-mates are Neymar, Mane, Salah, Eriksen, Son, Coutinho, Isco.

He is older than Kane, Sterling and Bernardo Silva

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Next year should be his last year at United. Right now, we need him as a squad option. But once we get better options, he will be of no use to the team. He is going to be 27 but his game has not improved at all.
We don't need him as squad option. We have Gomez, Greenwood or Chong for that. They can't play worse than him

tomaldinho1

In fairness, he's never compared to them - he's at best a squad player but because he acts like a kid people assume he's Rashford's age

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts

When u act like this then no wonder people think you're still youngster

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
Lingard is Kieran Richardson MkII
Spot on, if he doesn't show any sort of improvement, I think he'll be gone. I honestly believe some players are definitely on their way out like lukaku, sanchez but I think Lingard is on his last chance like martial.

crossy1686

career ending
Daily Mail getting their claws into Lingard now.

On a serious note though this kind of stuff must hurt a player with any pride whatsoever. It is crazy though how Lingard is looked upon as one of the youngsters.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...hame-Premier-League-assists-total-season.html
Just saw this. TL;DR: Trent Alexander-Arnold got more assists last season than Lingard has gotten his whole career. For a player that turns 27 next year he should be absolutely ashamed of himself.

MoskvaRed

I imagine Lingard will be getting phased out of the England squad next. If Southgate wants to have a serious crack at WC22, he won’t do it with a non-scoring, non-assisting 27 year old forward.

Pace Abuser

I often question why people who actually believed in him (after masses of evidence to see he's rubbish) watch football. They are either clueless or believe being mid table is ok.

Steven-UK

I imagine Lingard will be getting phased out of the England squad next. If Southgate wants to have a serious crack at WC22, he won’t do it with a non-scoring, non-assisting 27 year old forward.
He usually plays decent for England, though.

billybee99

Just saw this. TL;DR: Trent Alexander-Arnold got more assists last season than Lingard has gotten his whole career. For a player that turns 27 next year he should be absolutely ashamed of himself.
Cue "haram" and "Loublaze" to tell us about his FA Cup Final goal and his 7 goals against our big rivals (and, of course, his world class movement).

MoskvaRed

He usually plays decent for England, though.
Yes, but I think that’s a reflection of England playing more third-rate opponents like Panama. In the latter stages of tournaments when you have to get past the top international sides, I don’t think Lingard is the answer.

NoPace

I think that's why he should be sold this summer. Easy to see some mid-table side with more money than ability to attract good British players stupidly paying around 20M for a 26 year old in the England squad. Next summer, with Maddison, the Chelsea guys and Grealish or whoever ahead of him as a 10 for England, might only get offers of half that.

And since Lingard is so bad against defenses sitting deep, he might do better at a club that can play him as a 10 on the counter like Burnley if they want a plan B, Newcastle as Perez' replacement as a running 10, one of the promoted teams looking for Prem experience (and he's better than a guy like Pritchard who was Huddersfield's big hope as a 10 this year) or Brighton (could platoon him and Gross since they're diametrically opposed in terms of strengths and weaknesses).

Dion called Lingard "young" and,even more hilarious, "Worldclass".:rolleyes:

Lingard's a 11 year old stuck in a 27 year olds body.

I've always said he takes everything for joke, just look at him! He's a bad influence on Rashford, the sooner he leaves the club the better. He's an embrassment.

Status
Not open for further replies.