4.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

A-boateng

I personally don’t care about players social media side of things and building their brand but I can understand how Lingard’s infuriates people.

He is such an average player with terrible stats yet his brand would make you think he was a KDB/Hazard level player. He is also 26 which is his prime. I can’t see him getting much better at all.

Based Adnan

Over 1000 minutes of football: 1 goal 0 assists

26 years old. Get rid. We can still get a decent amount for him.

0le

He is at the same level as Gibson or Cleverley. We should sell him. He'll be a decent player for a mid table club.

Bojan11

He is at the same level as Gibson or Cleverley. We should sell him. He'll be a decent player for a mid table club.
What mid table club?

He wouldn’t get in at Leicester, Wolves, Watford, Everton or Bournemouth.

0le

What mid table club?

He wouldn’t get in at Leicester, Wolves, Watford, Everton or Bournemouth.
It was pretty clear what I meant. I really couldn't give a feck of giving exact examples of what club he should go. The main point here is that if we want to be competitive at the top he needs to be sold.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Gibson, on a good day perhaps.

Cleverly is a far better player than Lingard.

edgecutter

Everyone keeps saying he should be a squad player which beggars belief. The guy isn't even good enough for a lower Prem team and we are thinking about keeping him? Move him on, he isn't good enough and I have seen enough of him. Fecking Shaquiri and Origi are squad players for Pool and look what they offer.

billybee99

Greenwood is not even an established first team player and hasn't scored his first senior goal yet. You think it makes sense to put him forward in this sense? Any poster with even a modicum of intellect would understand this. You have no answer. You also have no response as to why the current manager has expressed how much he values Lingard, and why he's also being selected for England or even part of the setup altogether for being such a 'useless' player.
You are pathetic Loublaze. You pretend to be a casual fan and call him a "squad player" but anyone who follows this thread knows that you are his biggest fanboy. Correct me if I'm wrong but Jesse has zero league goals in 2019. How long are fanboys going to trot out that FA Cup goal. Does he get a lifelong pass for that?

Bole Top

it's unbelievable how our standards have fallen. all those players from midtable/bottom clubs we once deemed limited and one dimensional would actually improve us today. it has actually come the the point I'd take prime A. Lennon, Baines, Coleman and possibly even Walcott before some of our players.

football skills: runs around. just read that again if it doesn't sound stupid enough at first - he runs. a fecking football player runs when you put him on the pitch.

Christ.

AJ10

Can't pass/shoot/cross/run with the ball But he'll be a starter next season.

Loublaze

ATLien
You are pathetic Loublaze. You pretend to be a casual fan and call him a "squad player" but anyone who follows this thread knows that you are his biggest fanboy. Correct me if I'm wrong but Jesse has zero league goals in 2019. How long are fanboys going to trot out that FA Cup goal. Does he get a lifelong pass for that?
Who the feck are you?

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
it's unbelievable how our standards have fallen. all those players from midtable/bottom clubs we once deemed limited and one dimensional would actually improve us today. it has actually come the the point I'd take prime A. Lennon, Baines, Coleman and possibly even Walcott before some of our players.

football skills: runs around. just read that again if it doesn't sound stupid enough at first - he runs. a fecking football player runs when you put him on the pitch.

Christ.
Prime Baines and Coleman were two of the best FB in the League. I don't think the comparison is app.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It's beyond not being good enough anymore, he's utterly pointless. But he's a local lad, young and learning and friendly with the coaching staff so it's all good.

Don't forget to buy his merchandise lads!

passing-wind

Pointless player, thanks for the 5 goals a season.

I will put money on Van Dijk outscoring him next season. They were level this season.
Honestly I like Jesse but he shouldn't be starting weekly. Solskjaer being the manager reminds me of bringing an older brother to parents evening. Even if the teachers feedback is worrying, a "wash the dishes for me" agreement will be made in principle and all is forgotten with nothing reaching the parents.

That summarises Ole and his commitment for Jones, Young, Rashford, Lingard "work hard for me lads you'll play" what an absolute doughnut.

ForeverRoma93

Supports
A.S. Roma
I like him, he's funny when he scores...but a crap player...you should get rid.

Eder (former Swansea player) also scored in a final. A bigger final than Lingard when he scored for Portugal against France in Euro 2016. I guess you'd sign him too and pair him up with Lingard and have more mediocre players with your flawed reasoning..
Such a poor reply. It’s Analagous to you claiming I think Anderson is a better player than Gerrard die to the no. of PL medals he’s got. We would all love to have world class players (of which Lingard clearly isint one) in every position, but you can’t. Lingard is the least of Utd’s problems.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He's turning 27 this year. I don't have a problem with him being a squad player, but feck me, he is so fecking pointless out there. Occasionally has games where everything works out, but most of the time just looks very mediocre. There's a huge gap from a technique perspective when you compare Rashford or Martial with Lingard. Or look at our youth. Greenwood and Angel Gomes just look miles better than Lingard as footballers. Chong looks far more explosive though I'm not sold on him so much.

Anyway, given we have so much bigger mediocrity to get rid of and replace, I'm ok with him being a squad player. Should not be seen as a starter though.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Such a poor reply. It’s Analagous to you claiming I think Anderson is a better player than Gerrard die to the no. of PL medals he’s got. We would all love to have world class players (of which Lingard clearly isint one) in every position, but you can’t. Lingard is the least of Utd’s problems.
Lingard is a big problem if he's a starter at this club. You do see the problem with him starting games for us and having a dreadful output?

Lingard is a big problem if he's a starter at this club. You do see the problem with him starting games for us and having a dreadful output?
I’d put the issues we have at CB, RB, RW and CF ahead of Lingard. If we end up signing four quality players in those positions and Lingard plays as a no. 10 then that’s a massive improvement. I’d love it if we had better players than Lingard, but we don’t - there’s at least a dozen players who should leave the club before he does - I’ve made that claim before I’ve thought it through... but here goes.

Valencia, Young, Darmian, Bailly, Rojo, Jones, Sanchez, Lukuku, Pereira, Fred, Smalling and Matic. I didn’t even have to use Grant.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I’d put the issues we have at CB, RB, RW and CF ahead of Lingard. If we end up signing four quality players in those positions and Lingard plays as a no. 10 then that’s a massive improvement. I’d love it if we had better players than Lingard, but we don’t - there’s at least a dozen players who should leave the club before he does - I’ve made that claim before I’ve thought it through... but here goes.

Valencia, Young, Darmian, Bailly, Rojo, Jones, Sanchez, Lukuku, Pereira, Fred, Smalling and Matic. I didn’t even have to use Grant.
There's CBs with the same output as Lingard when it comes to scoring goals. Fullbacks with more assists in one season than Lingard has in his whole career and you would still play him as a #10? Mind boggling..

Of course we have issues in other areas. But Lingard is just as big of a issue for reasons I've just mentioned.

There's CBs with the same output as Lingard when it comes to scoring goals. Fullbacks with more assists in one season than Lingard has in his whole career and you would still play him as a #10? Mind boggling..

Of course we have issues in other areas. But Lingard is just as big of a issue for reasons I've just mentioned.
Getting really boring. He’s not the biggest problem we have. Very simple. That’s me done.

Status
Not open for further replies.