4.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

edgecutter

He should just not be a starter in any game. May get slated somewhat for saying this, but reminds me of Nani, one good game in every eight. You can’t progress with players like that
If we are comparing Nani to jlingz then fecking Nani was a superstar.

AJ10

I thought Lingard was decent against Chelsea but let’s call it as it is, he was woeful tonight. No idea wtf Pogba has to do with it.
Indeed, why try to bring other players in to defend this crap performance.

Just knew we would miss chances vs Wolves and one of the easy misses will be from Lingard just like last season.....sadly I was right,

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Feck Dybala for rejecting us and condemming us to the mediocrity.

el3mel

Nothing new. He's a terrible player whatever people want to twist it around. How can there be a forward who has next to nothing output and does absolutely nothing for the majority of the game and you see some in match thread saying he's moving around and linking play ?

He's terrible.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Pogba created the pen...

Your anti-Pogba crusade is weird.
He got hacked down when making a run. I'm not saying he didn't do well in that move, he did very well. But he missed the pen so it's negated. Overall his play was pretty meh. A few times he did his standard misplaced passing, getting stuck under his feet and getting disposeessed. A few others he was better.

Back to lingard, I genuinely don't think he was much worse than others around him.

KennyBurner

So many things i want to say about how terrible he was today but I'll keep it simple. He will never be United quality. Academy product or not he should only be used a super sub.

ravi2

If we had a half decent #10 instead of a glorified squad player starting we would have won that game easily

Idxomer

Weak on and off the ball, has no technique whatsoever, passes like an 8 years old and yet he's been given an almost guaranteed place in the starting 11 for Manchester United for the last 4 years.

For me, that's one of the biggest mysteries in life.

R'hllor

Sorry in attacking sense him as number 10, he just doesnt have it. Pressing and running ok but when you compare him with other number 10s out there, final pass isnt his thing.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Mediocre player starting at CAM. Runs, hassles, presses but ultimately doesn't offer anything else and starts at CAM for Man United.

Jacob

First in line to be benched when our next signing is made.

Kemizee

I think he was very good in the 2nd half. Helped our midfielders alot, and had a very good run back to save a big big chance. Not his fault today
I really wonder what the standards of our club is if this you actually mean this? I hope you being sarcastic.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
He should just not be a starter in any game. May get slated somewhat for saying this, but reminds me of Nani, one good game in every eight. You can’t progress with players like that
Nani had more talent in his arsehole than Lingard has ever shown in his whole career

DoomSlayer

Pointless player. sloppy on the ball, can't really play under pressure or when we up the tempo. Give me Gomes over him and Mata, both are useless against any adequate opposition.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Think if there was ever a player you’d give the ball to who could dribble the ball a few yards aimlessly then potentially give the ball away then there’s no better.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Very poor in the second half. Problem is Mata is not much better.

I dont think i can put up with Lingard much longer. Looks like it will just be the same old same old this season, except he gets another two or three million into his bank account.

AJ10

Except he wasn't useless. He pressed hard in all areas and generally linked up very well. Sure he didn't score from a chance but again, its this thread and another dedicated to dicking on Lingard purely for scapegoat purposes.

And don't get me wrong. I want lingard sold and I actually don't rate him. But today he wasn't the problem.
No one said he was the main problem but he was one of the problem, useless as a ten.... did absolutely nothing as a 10, passes the ball back when pressed, can't pass, can't run with it and can't finish but its ok he pressed.

No scapegoating here but its a typical performance from him...offers absolutely nothing but press for a bit.

Lingard missed an easy chance then pogba......last season its was lukaku then lingard with easy chances against fecking wolves.

Viral United

I thought he is good squad player. But now I think he is just rubbish. What is point of having him?

Andersons Dietician

He was terrible tonight. Running in to positions where people can’t get the ball to him (worldclass movement and all) even worse when he does get in a position where someone can get a ball to him it has to be fired in and his touch is like Lukaku has stumbled out of a pub and someone’s smashed the ball to him. Then he does the same thing over and over again. Turns out then cuts back and we lose all momentum. Game after game after game this happens. Dilly dallying on the ball too long when he should be releasing it and generally just being crap

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Weak on and off the ball, has no technique whatsoever, passes like an 8 years old and yet he's been given an almost guaranteed place in the starting 11 for Manchester United for the last 4 years.

For me, that's one of the biggest mysteries in life.
We lack options

Djemba-Djemba

Oh look lads it’s another Pogba hater. I can feel you smashing your keyboard as you type an agenda driven anti-Pogba post.
I find it all baffling, especially after that match.

I've been a big critic of Pogba and his penalty miss was very annoying but he wasn't bad today I thought.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
First goal doesn't happen without him, was vital in winning the midfield battle and maintained by control in the first half.

Typical Caf scapegoating, easy to understand why as well.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Did a nice turn in the build up to the goal, but that was about it. Surely should be doing much more to warrant a starting place for Manchester United? FFS

AneRu

I think he did reasonably well off the ball but when you play No.10 for United you have to have more output. The chance was difficult as it sort of bounced when it reached him so can't blame him that much on that. However the point remains the same you have to score and create more for the team from a forward role.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
No one said he was the main problem but he was one of the problem, useless as a ten.... did absolutely nothing as a 10, passes the ball back when pressed, can't pass, can't run with it and can't finish but its ok he pressed.

No scapegoating here but its a typical performance from him...offers absolutely nothing but press for a bit.

Lingard missed an easy chance then pogba......last season its was lukaku then lingard with easy chances against fecking wolves.
Well the first thing everyone has done is dedicate two threads to slagging him off most, so yeah he is a scapegoat. His performance was noway near as bad as posts claim, but because of that one chance he mistimed, everyone wants to act like he's done nothing else. It's false, his pressing was actually brilliant, his link up play was good and he ran deep to win the ball for us which a number 10 doesn't always bother doing.

I'm not saying he was great, but he was no way near as bad as everyone wants to criticise him for. Again, easy target for fans here to slag off.

Djemba-Djemba

I'm not sure we've ever had a player who is apparently an attacking player who looks less threatening with such regularity as Lingard.

I'm starting to wonder will he ever score again?

Ollie Derbyshire

Lingard cannot be our No 10 going forwards, he offers so little in terms of creativity, he actually slows our attacks down at times by turning back instead of looking to attack and he isn’t a natural goal scorer either. Scorer of great goals maybe but that is all to infrequent.

Not sure what the answer is but I’d rather see either Gomes given a chance as I think he has the ability to develop into a much more productive player or push Pogba further forward against teams who sit back and play Fred/Matic with McTom. Pogba had no room to play any long balls over the top.

Robbie Boy

I find it all baffling, especially after that match.

I've been a big critic of Pogba and his penalty miss was very annoying but he wasn't bad today I thought.
Yup agree. But you can feel the teenage hormonal rage against Pogba in here for some reason. I’m positive some of these posters actually have tears in their eyes and smash their keyboards while writing about him, it’s a weird obsession.

Lingard was shite tonight I don’t know why that upsets people it’s a fact. He was decent against Chelsea but pretty horrible tonight, it happens. Fact is, he isn’t good enough to be starting but some will still bizarrely claim he isn’t a starter. Weird thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.