4.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy_Bond

Jimmy what the feck do you know how much and what it costs me following this club whether that is at Old Trafford or thousands of km away? You have no idea what it means to me watching the game and whether I have an option to come and watch and boo shits like Lingard. Get of your high horse. Fans will boo shit players like Lingard, whether that happens now after 6 years of shit storm, or after 15 years when we completely descend into mediocrity history will tell.

And nobody is criticizing anyone for not booing, I said they should but some like you think it's out of class, I have more of a problem with the likes of you who think they are better fans or something.
Well Man United is a club that very rarely turns on it's players or manager. It has happened a small handful of times in the last god knows how long, and every time is met with criticism from other parts of the support.

The club has a loyal support who will do everything to stay with the players and managers even when things are going badly. This is Manchester United. If you don't like that, then sorry, but it won't change.

Your post was a clear criticism of the fans. You can backtrack and try to throw it back at me, do what you want. But you're in no position to criticise anyone.

mav_9me

I can't believe he gets gametime ahead of Gomes/Greenwood and even Fred and Mata.

Bojan11

"Booing Nani was embarrassing for Man United fans."

I agree. Wouldn't want that to happen again. Have you read this article? It's literally criticising "fans" like you. Yet you cite it to prove your point. Brilliant.

Eh? You're telling people what to do, and I'm telling you to do what you please, but not tell others what to do.
It was criticising the fans at the stadium. Do you have reading problems as well as hearing?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Even his infamous hard work has gone down the drain.

He just jogs around the pitch standing in the 10 position. No movement beyond the striker, no pulling out wide to link up with the winger, no dropping deep to help the midfield build up.

when he does get it he either miscontrols it or just passes it backwards or sideways.

Once martial is back he needs a lengthy period out of the team. clearly oles mr nice guy act isn’t working.

red4ever 79

This is how he was rated by the English media

Jesse Lingard - 6
Still working his way back after illness and a little off the pace at times

How about we say it as it is. Invisible contributes nothing for 12 months. The bias towards Lingard and Rashford is appaling in the UK. Instead you have Neville going on about Fred how he is not performing. This is a guy who rarely gets any game time, yet we have Lingard and Rashford start all the time and do feck all. Ole out, and take these two with him

Jimmy_Bond

It was criticising the fans at the stadium. Do you have reading problems as well as hearing?
And you're calling for them to do the same again.

Not that type of club mate, never has been. You're sat from afar wanting the fans in the ground to act like Madrid or Barca fans. It rarely happens in English grounds, and very rarely happens at Old Trafford. It's not a part of the culture, not apart of the club.

Like I said, if you want to boo Lingard, buy a ticket, go and do it. Don't sit criticising those in the ground for not behaving how you want them to.

settembrini

Fewest touches of any our starters. Didn't have a shot, win a header, complete a dribble, win a free kick or make a tackle.

Just hid for the second game in a row, completely unacceptable.

Kostov

Well Man United is a club that very rarely turns on it's players or manager. It has happened a small handful of times in the last god knows how long, and every time is met with criticism from other parts of the support.

The club has a loyal support who will do everything to stay with the players and managers even when things are going badly. This is Manchester United. If you don't like that, then sorry, but it won't change.

Your post was a clear criticism of the fans. You can backtrack and try to throw it back at me, do what you want. But you're in no position to criticise anyone.
Jimmy you have no fecking idea what Manchester United is, you could live under Old Trafford yet you spout bullshit like that. You yourself have no right to tell me who I can criticize, if I feel that booing could help this team get rid of overpaid shits I would do it, if I think it could help get rid of Woodward I would do the same every fecking time. In translation Jimmy I can say whatever the feck I want and criticize whoever the feck I want as long as their incompetence deserves it.

EverReddy

Took some time to watch him last night (at the match, not on tv), when we have the ball it's as if he is marking an opposition man - a space where he cannot be passed to. His other signature move is to pass it straight back to player who passed to him and move to a position where he's out of the game. He's hiding and should be given a break.

JoaquinJoaquin

What happened to Lingard?

This is so bizarre in terms of player development. He was good 2 seasons before. Now he is completely degrading, even for England.
No, he wasn't. He has 1 good MONTH. This myth needs to die with the others that relate to Lingard: 'good squad player', 'great movement', 'young player' etc. All a load of crap. Like him.

DoomSlayer

Purple patches have long gone, his true level is on show consistently now, which is mid-table at best. On top of that has an obnoxious personality and his whole career is based on leeching from the reputation of the club.

The likes of Andros Townsend are probably better than him.

Jimmy_Bond

Jimmy you have no fecking idea what Manchester United is, you could live under Old Trafford yet you spout bullshit like that. You yourself have no right to tell me who I can criticize, if I feel that booing could help this team get rid of overpaid shits I would do it, if I think it could help get rid of Woodward I would do the same every fecking time. In translation Jimmy I can say whatever the feck I want and criticize whoever the feck I want as long as their incompetence deserves it.
Pretty angry chap aren't you?

The reality is, you've chosen to support an English club and one from a specific city in England, which is Manchester. The very core of the club is the local culture, and the behavior of the fans in the ground and the traveling fans represent this culture. The fans who go to games have always been patient, and the local people generally speaking aren't knee jerk types who turn on the club, the manager or the players in times of adversity.

You can like it or lump it, but that's the fact. You seem to want the fans to act in a way that they never have done historically, and in a way representative of other clubs from different countries and cultures.

But thanks for telling me "I have no idea what Manchester United is." Maybe I should move to Macedonia to find out.

Bojan11

And you're calling for them to do the same again.

Not that type of club mate, never has been. You're sat from afar wanting the fans in the ground to act like Madrid or Barca fans. It rarely happens in English grounds, and very rarely happens at Old Trafford. It's not a part of the culture, not apart of the club.

Like I said, if you want to boo Lingard, buy a ticket, go and do it. Don't sit criticising those in the ground for not behaving how you want them to.
Where did I call them? Do you have reading problems?

You claimed Nani and Pogba were never booed at the stadium. I gave you examples. Read your own posts ffs.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Watching him play makes me think I can still make it. I think Gary said it in the game. He’s not a first team player, he’s a squad player. He has no buisness being in our first 11. He is absolutely atrocious. I think in the first 2 minutes Maguire tried to fire a ball to James and Lingard tried to control it for some reason and he couldn’t and it went out. Summed up his performance.
Yeah, that really fecking annoyed me. Haven't a clue what he was thinking there.

Jimmy_Bond

Where did I call them? Do you have reading problems?

You claimed Nani and Pogba were never booed at the stadium. I gave you examples. Read your own posts ffs.
My apologies. I thought you were one of the three posters I originally quoted in my first post. Having looked back to my original post I see you weren't one of those.

Thanks for the insults though in every post you've written to me.

chicha14

How many teams in the league will he start for? None in the top 8-10 IMO, he is a liability in a crucial position! If we want to play with speed and directness up front we need to have a number 10 who always plays with speed, is one step ahead of the opposition and can pick a pass. He offers none of that, most of his work is done running back towards our goal, playing a 1-2 with another CM and then he vanishes as we try to build up an attack. We could be a lot better(not great) by simply replacing him with an adequate number 10. We will create a lot more chances and with that comes goals.

SambaBoy

Doesn't deserve to be anywhere near our first XI at the minute. Such is the state of our squad that he will probably get a lot of appearances this season. He's in the first XI by virtue of being able to put in a shift.

Him and Mata have no quality in the 10 position, but Lingard is more mobile. Both should be nowhere near that position as our starter.

Alabaster Codify7

He wouldn't get into the 11 of any other team in the PL, I am certain of that. Even a relegation battler has someone in the squad who can score/assist at least and would be preferred to him. I've never in my 27yrs of supporting United, seen a player so regularly rewarded for shite performances by consistently playing each week. And that same player is about to be given ANOTHER bumper new contract with a pay rise.

So if/when we eventually get a top manager, that guy is going to look at Lingard on 150k+ a week on the bench, and want rid of him quickly - but yep, no other team will take him on those wages so we'll be stuck with him being paid to train each week.

Kostov

Pretty angry chap aren't you?
I am actually, you don't like it?

The reality is, you've chosen to support an English club and one from a specific city in England, which is Manchester. The very core of the club is the local culture, and the behavior of the fans in the ground and the traveling fans represent this culture. The fans who go to games have always been patient, and the local people generally speaking aren't knee jerk types who turn on the club, the manager or the players in times of adversity.

You can like it or lump it, but that's the fact. You seem to want the fans to act in a way that they never have done historically, and in a way representative of other clubs from different countries and cultures.
The reality is I've not chosen who I support I simply fell in love, like most football fans I can imagine. The culture of this football club is way more than patient football fans who tolerate whatever shit is served to them. There are lots of them who are unhappy and it will continue to grow and will boo and boycott along the way. Reality is football is different to what it was in the 1980s, fans who are unhappy with what is happening will give their opinions if they think the club is in danger, like it is now. And I feel they are much better fans than those who will wait another 30 years until they realize we're going down the drain.

But thanks for telling me "I have no idea what Manchester United is." Maybe I should move to Macedonia to find out.
Maybe you should, a snowflake like you wouldn't last a month here.

Jimmy_Bond

I am actually, you don't like it?

The reality is I've not chosen who I support I simply fell in love, like most football fans I can imagine. The culture of this football club is way more than patient football fans who tolerate whatever shit is served to them. There are lots of them who are unhappy and it will continue to grow and will boo and boycott along the way. Reality is football is different to what it was in the 1980s, fans who are unhappy with what is happening will give their opinions if they think the club is in danger, like it is now. And I feel they are much better fans than those who will wait another 30 years until they realize we're going down the drain.

Maybe you should, a snowflake like you wouldn't last a month here.
Pathetic.

redshaw

Playing him is like continually switching on a broken telly hoping it will work like it used to.

R'hllor

OT crowd will always stay with players and manager, yea same bunch that were selling and buying scarfs with JM face on it while we still had manager in charge and same bunch that didnt boo our player, oh no no, booing has nothing on mocking and making fun of every single pass your player makes, on top of it, it was a fecking friendly. There i thought waving with white underwear was something special but never ever seen/heard anything like that before.

billybee99

It has a lot of fans like you with their heads in their arses. You are a puppet. Try having a point of view instead of this top red BS. It's tiring.

hp88

He will be part of the next batch of players to leave the club next summer, can't see him improving any side in the top ten so it will be interesting to see who takes a punt with him.

JoaquinJoaquin

He will be part of the next batch of players to leave the club next summer, can't see him improving any side in the top ten so it will be interesting to see who takes a punt with him.
As much as I wish that be the case, he isn't going anywhere.

Bwuk

Cringe worthy that people want us to boo our own players.

Sir Scott McToMinay

Buy a ticket and go to the game to boo him. Don't be telling others what to do.

When has Pogba ever been booed? When was Nani booed?

Steal a living? Are the club involuntarily paying him? Are they unaware they're paying his salary? Is he picking himself?

Boys, the good news is, Real Madrid and Barca are always looking for new fans.
Numerous times, Fellaini too, even Giggs was booed ffs.
You’re not very invested in this club and you’re telling others who to support?
Buy a prawn sandwich man and leave that horrid logic out.
Who the hell are you to tell people who support?

Sir Scott McToMinay

Cringe worthy that people want us to boo our own players.
Cringe is when people are afraid to voice their opinions out of some class superiority complex, they’ve had it way way too comfy over the last six years, boo them off the park as far as I’m concerned, they’ve all had it coming, the manager too, the CEO, Lingard for sure had it coming.
Stop accepting mediocrity.

Denis79

Buy a ticket and go to the game to boo him. Don't be telling others what to do.

When has Pogba ever been booed? When was Nani booed?

Steal a living? Are the club involuntarily paying him? Are they unaware they're paying his salary? Is he picking himself?

Boys, the good news is, Real Madrid and Barca are always looking for new fans.
I have attended games when we have booed the players and Pogba was among them, match-going fans are not above that. Sometimes deserved, sometimes not.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Sounds like Ole is giving him a new contract unfortunately. Hope it's not true.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Before at least he was trying, now he has given up and he is hiding on the pitch. He is not good enough to be squad player for ManUtd.
Yeah, that's stuck with me too. His attitude for a United player is appalling nowadays, when it used to be one of his best attributes, I've not seen someone so eager to avoid the ball in years.

Infra-red

He's older than Pogba
And older than Maguire. It is really odd how this perception of him as a young player seems to persist indefinitely.

Young, Mata, Matic, Rojo and Jones are the only outfield players in the squad who are older than him. He's one of our senior players!

Status
Not open for further replies.