4.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlahRules

Lingard played better than he did the whole season - don’t forget the chance he laid off for Greenwood which was saved. We still need someone ASAP.

A-man

He always have a streak of 5-6 great matches every season. Let’s hope this was the start of it, because it is needed.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Average rating of 6.0 for tonight. The hive brain of this forum is clueless at times.

Welbeckham

This was the first time this season he wasn’t terrible. But still needs to do a lot better, currently each of our #10’s are playing just because the others are worse. I’m positive Lingard is a better option than Pereira or Mata if he just starts putting in the work and gets back some of the confidence he’s clearly been missing.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Why can't he play like this a bit more often... should we have christmas every month, so he can play decent football ?

kundalini

Did well to create the chance for Greenwood's shot that was saved and also provided short key passes for several of Rashford's shots, including the shot from distance that got saved onto the bar and another shot that was saved. Could have done a bit better with his own two shots and failed to control the ball a few times. Overall a decent performance.

MrBest

This was the first time this season he wasn’t terrible. But still needs to do a lot better, currently each of our #10’s are playing just because the others are worse. I’m positive Lingard is a better option than Pereira or Mata if he just starts putting in the work and gets back some of the confidence he’s clearly been missing.
I thought he was weak and wasteful. Maybe not terrible but below average. Agree though, better option than Andreas and Mata there ... sigh. Cannot wait for Pogba to be back in that 10 position.

Crashoutcassius

Was very good and worked very hard while clearly carrying a knock early on which eventually forced him to be subbed. Best game of the season and probably since last Christmas. Was at the game and it is very different seeing some of the runs he makes that lindelof and fred were a bit slow to see. We are at our best when he is playing well, doing nice link up play or creating space with movement

Utdstar01

He was decent. Wouldn't go overboard and say he had a really good game because he didn't.

Oldham

If this would be his normal performance level, he'd be an important squad player for us...

Steven-UK

Jees, it's truly amazing how a win can cloud the judgement on player performance.

I was at the game, and Lingard was as bad always, he almost hides. A truly nothing player who is stealing a living as a football player at this level.

lRed

Nice to have him (a bit) back in action.
I think his confidence is going back thank's to his work and Ole's faith, did you guys noticed it started when he captained youngsters in Astana game ?
Confidence is key, we badly need quality in midfield and it's good to count on good performances like this, not the best but definitely interesting and helping us getting these results for the rest of the season.

We still need to buy 2 midfielders on two different profiles, a defensive one and a forward/creative one.
It will also depend if Pogba leaves or not.

Andersonson

Jees, it's truly amazing how a win can cloud the judgement on player performance.

I was at the game, and Lingard was as bad always, he almost hides. A truly nothing player who is stealing a living as a football player at this level.
How can he then have most key passes and most chances created??

Nobody is saying he played a 10/10 performance. He played well, and he needed that after the terrible spell we've seen.

This just shows us he can actually be useful.

Should be a certain starter against City.

Red Devil's Advocate

If you watched it live, you obviously would have no clue about what people were able to watch on their TVs. Or were you seated in the Away section booing him off? :)

Swiss_Red89

He played fine yesterday. Of coure not a MotM performance or something but still very useful yesterday. If you claim otherwise you are either too biased or don't understand the game of football very well imo...

Meep

Wow.. reading this is like being in alternate universe. Lingard was really good yesterday and people need to be less foucused on small misstakes and being better on accepting the bigger picture of his performance.

El Zoido

He’s not great but had a decent game last night. He’s better than Pereira. This is Ole’s dilemma, he wants a David Silva type to play in the #10 role, and Pereira is more that type of player than Lingard is. Only problem is Pereira is really very average, often very poor, and can be totally invisible in some games. Lingard is more of a pace merchant, but at least he gets himself involved in games (to our detriment more often than not). Can we just keep the McT/Fred midfield and then slot Pogba in to that role?

RedStarUnited

Was coming to say the same thing.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Apart from Rashford, he was our best player today.

People will disagree of course, because its him.
I've regularly defended him over the years, but that's not even close to being true. Fred and McTominay were miles better, and I would put James ahead of him too although that's a bit closer. It was probably Lingard's best game of the season so hopefully he continues the improvement.

Craig Ward

While he was better than he has been, I think we are going over the top with praising him.

He was ok, that's it. Played no better or worse than James/Greenwood....

Didn't do anything that made him stood out. Appreciate his work rate was on the same level as his team mates - they whole team worked hard to be fair to them.

Done nothing to warrant mass criticism from this game, but he has been below average for a very very long time so I can understand why people are still slating him. When you usual standard is "Poor" an "Ok" performance doesn't make it a "good performance"

spiriticon

He's better than Pereira or Mata but still not quite consistently good enough.

When Pogba comes back and slots into that 10 role we'll be rocking.

KekiZeki

In spite some of his weaker performances I never disliked Jesse. He would have been great squad player to have even in a better team, puts on a shift, doesn't give the manager problems and has that bit of pasion about him when he scores that you just can't recreate. Not the most talented individual we had on wings, mind you.
Still, if this was the Ferguson era he'd be polishing a lot more medals than he is now. We had a lot less talented players than him win things with us during the good times. He is not your star player but he is not doing the club any harm by being here, however, it would be good to have better options than him. I still think Ole will keep him, mostly for the reasons I mentioned here.

Alemar

Lingard was Ok, average performance. Big improvement over previous games, but still “average”. This time, totally on par with James and Greenwood who also were both “average” yesterday.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Seems the rating of his performance is going two ways - he’s been so terrible this past years that even a average to decent performance is overrated and then there are also some who dislikes him so much, they’re just incapable of saying anything positive about him :lol:

Those “chances created” stat is also a bit misleading because I think 2 or 3 of the 4 were just passes to Rashford who tried a difficult shot from a difficult angle. He almost assisted Greenwood though.

I think a 6.5/10 is probably fair, and at least there’s an improvement in his performance. Hopefully it continues, least until Pogba is back because our options at 10 are abysmal.

RedIan

Jesse played well, not sure which game some were watching, he set up the first goal and then set up virtually all our shots on target in the first half including Rashford hitting the bar and Greenwoods shot. He worked hard, showed good movement, was creative and passed the ball well.

Grande

Jesse played well, not sure which game some were watching, he set up the first goal and then set up virtually all our shots on target in the first half including Rashford hitting the bar and Greenwoods shot. He worked hard, showed good movement, was creative and passed the ball well.
I agree about the first half, his movement was good and his availability and ball-ticking helped our play. Not revolutionary, but it’s easy to see how he brings more to the position in that regard compared to Pereira, Mata and Gomez. Second half he looked spent and was a lot less intense going both directions, and the he didn’t contribute much, I thought.

DoomSlayer

I'm happy that Lingard did alright, we need our players to be doing well because December is always a tough moment in a season with so many games to play.

Is it me or does he only play well in December? I'm starting to think he is some kind of footballing gnome.
wouldn’t be a bad thing! looking at our bench last night, we had no one who could change a game, no available depth - so if Lingard is coming back into form, it’s a very good time for us.

Devil may care

He was ok against Spurs, better than Pereira and Mata have been in their recent performances at least.

Mr PG

I was annoyed Ole let fans get to his head and against both Sheffield and villa you have to play Jesse especially with McTominay out. Complete madness to leave him out and we almost lost both. Any fan with half a brain should know Jesse is never in the team for assists and goals...his primary role is press for the front and the threat of his pace. Leave him out against poor teams or when Pogba returns at 10.

Mr PG

I had read a lot of nonsense how we should beat villa easily etc but I knew without Scott we were in deep shit. Scott is more vital to this team than even Pogba.

iKeano

No he didn't. Sanchez tackled him and backheeled it to Rashford in the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.