4.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dolf

This guy is supposed to be our number 10. Someone who creates chances for us and connects attack with midfield. We've given this role to someone who hasn't scored a goal or given an assists in the last 8 months.

L1nk

Because this place is full of simpletons.
A years worth of football from Lingard and he's contributed all of 4 goals and 2 assists. You say the first goal wouldn't of happened without Lingard, there's absolutely nothing to say any better player playing instead of him wouldn't of done the same if not more.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
No PL goals or assists in 2019. That's absolutely woeful. Doesn't deserve to be named in the 18 let alone the first 11. Play Gomes.

mad1max954

Useless. Please Solskjaer, give Gomes a shot.
2nd this! Cannot be any worse than this guy. Even if you take away the miss he Doesn’t do anything!! Comes out of position and passes it backwards, depeat.

AJ10

Well the first thing everyone has done is dedicate two threads to slagging him off most, so yeah he is a scapegoat. His performance was noway near as bad as posts claim, but because of that one chance he mistimed, everyone wants to act like he's done nothing else. It's false, his pressing was actually brilliant, his link up play was good and he ran deep to win the ball for us which a number 10 doesn't always bother doing.

I'm not saying he was great, but he was no way near as bad as everyone wants to criticise him for. Again, easy target for fans here to slag off.
If he was shit then he was shit, this scapegoating crap doesn't change the fact that he was shit.

Thing with other 10s is that they create, score.... in the position they're playing in not just run around, as I said did nothing and once again missed another easy chance vs fecking wolves as he did last season, has nothing to do with scapegoating crap.

He was just shit along with James.

OverratedOpinion

I don't like insulting him but he truly is the definition of a nothing player. He isn't particularly terrible at anything but he does not contribute anything of note either, I think his biggest fault is what we sacrifice to have him in the team. We could have had a three man midfield and lost nothing in attack, in fact we would have gained so much in attack by allowing Pogba more freedom to get forward.

Mystry

Friendship is magic
He's so bad. He's a player without a real position or function, there in the team to plug a hole where we're not sure who else could fill it. Maybe this is what happens to a player with no real consistent coaching for most of his senior career.

billybee99

First goal doesn't happen without him, was vital in winning the midfield battle and maintained by control in the first half.

Typical Caf scapegoating, easy to understand why as well.
Because he hasn't scored or assisted a goal in 2019? Or just because we are all haters who can't spot his world class movement or pressing?

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Stop making excuses for him, he's the least productive attacker we've got but he plays every week. There's no way either Gomes or Greenwood would have less of an impact.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
The guy is stealing a living from us. Setting up his cnuty JLingz fashion brand off the back of shite performances.

Yeah you scored the winning goal for the FA cup but you’ve done feck all to deserve anything since.

Get out the starting 11 please.

Greck

Says it all really. Shame the management doesn't see how mediocre he is though.
Just realising we were conned by Dec 2018. All those recent memories I have of his timely goals were really in the same month?

billybee99

Well the first thing everyone has done is dedicate two threads to slagging him off most, so yeah he is a scapegoat. His performance was noway near as bad as posts claim, but because of that one chance he mistimed, everyone wants to act like he's done nothing else. It's false, his pressing was actually brilliant, his link up play was good and he ran deep to win the ball for us which a number 10 doesn't always bother doing.

I'm not saying he was great, but he was no way near as bad as everyone wants to criticise him for. Again, easy target for fans here to slag off.
No, people have created 2 threads slagging him because we have a #10/RW who hasn't scored a goal or assist in 2019. That is why people are slagging him.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Just lacks that extra quality. Dybala or Eriksen would have provided that to us. His position (no. 10) has to be upgraded at any cost next window.
Yea. Either that or try Gomes.

Maddison would be ideal. But City will probably buy him.

I dont think Mctominah is up to it either.

R'hllor

Another confusing thing, how after that pre season he became a starter.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
If he was shit then he was shit, this scapegoating crap doesn't change the fact that he was shit.

Thing with other 10s is that they create, score.... in the position they're playing in not just run around, as I said did nothing and once again missed another easy chance vs fecking wolves as he did last season, has nothing to do with scapegoating crap.

He was just shit along with James.
A 10 purely brought on to sit behind the strikers and create sure, that was a shit performance from Lingard. Ole clearly expects different in his system and its obvious from Ole's expectations that Lingard did well enough. Creativity as an asset is important but alone its not always sufficient for a good performance.

We can agree to disagree around his performance, otherwise we'd go round in circles.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Can someone name one club in the premier league where he would start? Aside from Utd
Chelsea- Think they's start Mount over him
Pool/Wolves/City don't play with a CAM.
Arsenal not too sure he'd start with their new signings.
Spurs no way.
Leicester have Maddison who is better.

Everton?

JG3001

Nani had more talent in his arsehole than Lingard has ever shown in his whole career
Oh I know Nani did at least have a couple of solid seasons with us before going off the boil.

I’m not so much comparing their playing style, it’s the frustration that I’m reminded off.

The fluffed chances.
Passes that should be shots.
Shots that should be passes.
The complete mis-control of basic passes.
Failing to beat the full back and get in a decent cross.

Robbie Boy

think it speaks to the fact that people would rather post short emotional posts picking out someone they don't like vs posting about the game.
Spot on, like coming into a Lingard thread slagging off Pogba while typing in a rage induced state that’s sure to break keyboards.

billybee99

I don't like insulting him but he truly is the definition of a nothing player. He isn't particularly terrible at anything but he does not contribute anything of note either, I think his biggest fault is what we sacrifice to have him in the team. We could have had a three man midfield and lost nothing in attack, in fact we would have gained so much in attack by allowing Pogba more freedom to get forward.
I disagree. He is particularly terrible at scoring goals and assisting goals.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
No, people have created 2 threads slagging him because we have a #10/RW who hasn't scored a goal or assist in 2019. That is why people are slagging him.
I don't think Ole is playing Lingard thinking "yeah he's going to get me a goal or an assist". I think he's played for his work rate, his pressing and general link up play. Sure he's got a goal in him but it's clear he's being played for other reasons which Ole rates higher, and Jose before him and LVG before him.

Bwuk

Doesn’t suit us when we have to break teams down.

Can only really play on the counter.

Stadjer

Chelsea- Think they's start Mount over him
Pool/Wolves/City don't play with a CAM.
Arsenal not too sure he'd start with their new signings.
Spurs no way.
Leicester have Maddison who is better.

Everton?
Cabellos looked great last game. Worked hard but also looked like a great footballer. No way Lingard would start at Arsenal.

I think that our Jlingz wouldnt start for Everton either.

Status
Not open for further replies.