g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Jesse Lingard image 14

Jesse Lingard England flag

2019-20 Performances

View full 2019-20 profile

4.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Terrible. He’s playing in an important role which is false 9 or no 10. It’s the link between our midfield and attack, he obviously has done feck all & offer nothing for this role. You look at other team with the role, they got Reus in Dortmund, Firmino in Liverpool, Felix in Atl Madrid, and we have Lingard.

We need to either change the formation/system so we don’t play Lingard centrally anymore or buy a new player for the role. Because Lingard is not good enough to be given such an important role.

NoPace

Looking at the league table, he wouldnt be starting as the number 10 for at least 14 of the teams.
At least...
I've watched a disgusting amount of the Prem this year and I'm honestly not sure he'd start for anyone in 90% of their games. Even Sheffield, who need mobility and talent and value positional intelligence, he'd have to be the most attacking of their 3 midfielders (Freeman plays this role but is benched most weeks because he isn't that good) most weeks, but Lundstram has been maybe their best player so far, and up top in the front 2 with McBurnie I don't know if he'd do better than Robinson/McGoldrick, though they also mainly just provide pace and effort so maybe he'd win that job. I would have said Palace in the summer, but their side is so built around physical strength and players like Kouyate and Schlupp do more defensively as they sit deep. He could conceivably replace Cleverley at Watford (who is good one week and awful the next).

In Lingard's defense, though, we seem to have stopped pressing as high up the pitch as in pre-season and he'd probably be giving us 6/10 instead of 4/10 performances if we emphasized that.

I think he might be the least creative a passer of all the attacking midfielders in the Prem. Traore can't spot a pass either if wingers count.

jackal&hyde

Another bad game from him. I'd like to say he should't play but we have no one else. Can only hope he finds some form.

BigMacBaz

Woke up at 4am to watch the match and had to switch it off after 20mins watching this coward the focal point of our attack hiding away between the lines. Embarrassment of a football player.

Hughes35

I absolutely despise this phrase but he is an "absolute nothing footballer". It's like playing fog in the number 10 position....... You can see it's there but it doesn't really do anything.

Godfather

The only thing that made people believe he was half good is gone now. His movement is non existent. Completely hiding.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
I absolutely despise this phrase but he is an "absolute nothing footballer". It's like playing fog in the number 10 position....... You can see it's there but it doesn't really do anything.
He is the false 10

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Before at least he was trying, now he has given up and he is hiding on the pitch. He is not good enough to be squad player for ManUtd.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Time to boo him.

We're too nice with our players. With big wages comes big responsibility.

Lingard is capable of so much more than the dross he's shown

But our fans is too morally higher to even boo these useless bunch of players. They've become complacent.

Ole first 15 games is the proove that you can play better simply by having a better attitidue

Suedesi

He's a pussy. He doesn't have the courage to show for the ball let alone take people on or try a fancy pass or dribble. Just runs around like a headless chicken, the manchild that he is.

How this mediocre garbage gets paid to play for Man United is symptomatic of our decline.

Godfather

Time to boo him.

But our fans is too morally higher to even boo these useless bunch of players. They've become complacent.

Ole first 15 games is the proove that you can play better simply by having a better attitidue
Nah at this club only the likes of Nani and Pogba get booed. JLINGZ is an academy product. He would never be treated like that.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I can't get emotionally attached to this team while players like this are here.

Kostov

Time to boo him.

Apparently we are too good to do that to our own overpaid footballers who are stealing a living from the club.

Robbie Boy

I can't get emotionally attached to this team while players like this are here.
Yup, I have felt utterly detached from this team for a long time now. Long gone are the days when we had an abundance of really likable players in the squad at any one time.

Jimmy_Bond

Time to boo him.

Buy a ticket and go to the game to boo him. Don't be telling others what to do.

Nah at this club only the likes of Nani and Pogba get booed. JLINGZ is an academy product. He would never be treated like that.
When has Pogba ever been booed? When was Nani booed?
Apparently we are too good to do that to our own overpaid footballers who are stealing a living from the club.
Steal a living? Are the club involuntarily paying him? Are they unaware they're paying his salary? Is he picking himself?

Boys, the good news is, Real Madrid and Barca are always looking for new fans.

Kostov

Steal a living? Are the club involuntarily paying him? Are they unaware they're paying his salary? Is he picking himself?

Can we send you there via DHL? Together with your Jlingz gear that is.

meamth

What happened to Lingard?

This is so bizarre in terms of player development. He was good 2 seasons before. Now he is completely degrading, even for England.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge

Then stop complaining about them if you're so happy with them

Bojan11

What you mean when were Pogba and Nani booed? Think your hearing is going.

Pogba was booed several times last season. Booed on when he came on last season against Arsenal and the last game vs Cardiff.

Nani was booed off a game against Stoke at home under Moyes.

Jimmy_Bond

Can we send you there via DHL? Together with your Jlingz gear that is.
As I said to the other guy, buy a ticket to the games, spend hundreds and thousand of pounds following the team around the country and exercise your right to boo whatever player you like.

Don't be sitting thousands of kilometers away criticising people for not booing players.

Then stop complaining about them if you're so happy with them
When did I say I was happy with them? I said if you want to boo them, go to the games and do it. See my reply to the above quote.

What you mean when were Pogba and Nani booed? Think your hearing is going.
It must be. Were you there?

DRM

I'm still annoyed about his nothing performance last night. I mean in all seriousness, just what exactly did he do?! Needs dropping to the reserves nevermind the bench

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
As I said to the other guy, buy a ticket to the games, spend hundreds and thousand of pound following the team around the country and exercise your right to boo whatever player you like.

Don't be sitting thousands of kilometers away criticising people for not booing players.

When did I say I was happy with them? I said if you want to boo them, go to the games and do it. See my reply to the above quote.

So you have the right to tell us what to do jusr because you spent a few hundred bucks for ticket?

Bojan11

As I said to the other guy, buy a ticket to the games, spend hundreds and thousand of pounds following the team around the country and exercise your right to boo whatever player you like.

Get a grip yeah Jimmy because you clearly weren’t.

There’s articles on it so sort your hearing out.

https://metro.co.uk/2013/10/28/booing-nani-was-embarrassing-for-manchester-united-fans-4164491/

https://talksport.com/football/542008/paul-pogba-heated-manchester-united-fans-cardiff/

@Sky1981 i doubt he’s even been to a game.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I did it last year so i will do it this year too. No.10/winger players in PL:
Top five clubs: no need to write
Everton: Walcott, Gylfi, Bernard, Richarlison, Iwobi
Watford: Deulofeu, Pereyra-
Wolves: traore, Jota, Gimenez
Saints: Boufal, Redmond, Prowse
Palace: Zaha, Ayew, Wickham, Schlupp
Leicester: Perez, Gray, Maddison
West Ham: Yarmolenko, Lanzini, Anderson

So he would be a starter maybe in 7 clubs in PL. Maybe because i don't watch them a lot so i can't comment

If someone is closely watching those clubs, feel free to write players in my post:)

Last edited:

Siorac

If you ask me to sum up a Lingard performance, that was it. I know he played but I can't think of a single thing he did aside from the slightly harsh foul against him when he made the sliding tackle.
There was also the hilarious miscontrol early on.

King_Cantona07

I'm still annoyed about his nothing performance last night. I mean in all seriousness, just what exactly did he do?! Needs dropping to the reserves nevermind the bench
He did hide well from ball. When there was an open passing line to him, he made sure he initiates a run to an area where he cannot be passed to, because he has off the ball movement. He is not good for united in any position, not a number 10 because a number 10 should always ask for ball and make things happen. Not a winger as he is useless there, not a second striker either when did he last score a goal? He is half of the problem for the attack not working currently.

Jimmy_Bond

Get a grip yeah Jimmy because you clearly weren’t.

There’s articles on it so sort your hearing out.

https://metro.co.uk/2013/10/28/booing-nani-was-embarrassing-for-manchester-united-fans-4164491/

https://talksport.com/football/542008/paul-pogba-heated-manchester-united-fans-cardiff/

@Sky1981 i doubt he’s even been to a game.
"Booing Nani was embarrassing for Man United fans."

I agree. Wouldn't want that to happen again. Have you read this article? It's literally criticising "fans" like you. Yet you cite it to prove your point. Brilliant.

So you have the right to tell us what to do jusr because you spent a few hundred bucks for ticket?
Eh? You're telling people what to do, and I'm telling you to do what you please, but not tell others what to do.

LVGSdive

The manager thinks he is. The English manager thinks that way too. Who the feck are we to judge a player?
He won't be around the England squad much longer. Southgate has shown to be ruthless and he will pick players over him on form. There's a lot of great young players who will take his place. Hudson-Odoi and Saka will probably be in the next squad the way their playing.

Kostov

Jimmy what the feck do you know how much and what it costs me following this club whether that is at Old Trafford or thousands of km away? You have no idea what it means to me watching the game and whether I have an option to come and watch and boo shits like Lingard. Get off your high horse. Fans will boo shit players like Lingard, whether that happens now after 6 years of shit storm, or after 15 years when we completely descend into mediocrity history will tell.

And nobody is criticizing anyone for not booing, I said they should but some like you think it's out of class, I have more of a problem with the likes of you who think they are better fans or something.

Pace Abuser

One the most deluded beliefs I've seen on this forum (and there have been many) is saying his off field antics and persona won't affect his performances.

This is premier league football ofcourse lack of professional attitude and immaturity will cause a deterioration.

I can imagine clowns like Ole tolerating it as exuberance and completely failing to get a grip on his childish influence on the dressing room mentality.

Name me a City or Liverpool player that behaves like him? Oh yeh, Mendy, who Pep has marginalised. Maybe Shquiri, who Klopp has sent to the hole. Sane got dropped for showing disobedience. Where the feck is Lovren now after his comments about being the world's best? This is why Pep and Klopp get 100 out of Milner and Sterling while caftards wonder when they got so good? Flapping about Henderson winning the UCL.

Why people can't see that bell ends like Blingy cause "Arsenalisation" of a team I just can't understand.
Boo him, hound him on social media, I don't care to be over civilised to this insufferable little runt.

Last edited:

Raw

How long is it going to take for Ole to realise how little impact he has on the game? It's like starting with 10 players whenever Lingard's in the lineup.

People shit on Mata but at least he's not completely invisible every game.

Status
Not open for further replies.