Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Doubt Lingard ever plays for England again. Said a few months ago that I reckon his international career would soon be over (although I thought it would be in the summer).

No way he gets picked anymore with the emergence of Maddison, Mount, Foden, CHO and Sancho. Give it a year and the likes of Willock will probably come into the conversation too. The gig is up at that level I suspect.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
I wonder how many different viral dance celebrations Jesse has practiced and not got to use over the last 12 months.

fps

He's about Kieran Richardson level, ultimately. A good player, but not a United player.

Stadjer

Atleast he didnt release a clothing brand the day before the Liverpool game this year.

He is injured isnt he? Guess Mata and/or Pereira will start tomorrow? Not that it does matter much since those two and Lingard are all not good enough.

lsd

The Oracle
Atleast he didnt release a clothing brand the day before the Liverpool game this year.

He is injured isnt he? Guess Mata and/or Pereira will start tomorrow? Not that it does matter much since those two and Lingard are all not good enough.

He will score the winner tomorrow

Walters_19_MuFc

You joke but him coming on in place of someone like Martial would have been much more useful to us, in my opinion. Like Rashford and James, Lingards work off the ball is superb, and its something we desperately needed from our subs in such a high intensity game.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
You joke but him coming on in place of someone like Martial would have been much more useful to us, in my opinion. Like Rashford and James, Lingards work off the ball is superb, and its something we desperately needed from our subs in such a high intensity game.
Oh hell no, not this again...

What you meant to say was Lingard is superb at finding ways to hide on the pitch right..? ... right..? :nervous:

izzydiggler

Lingard continually does absolutely nothing with his "superb" movement. I don't know how anybody can have watched him for years and think that's what we needed on Sunday.

Walters_19_MuFc

Oh hell no, not this again...

What you meant to say was Lingard is superb at finding ways to hide on the pitch right?
Lingard continually does absolutely nothing with his "superb" movement. I don't know how anybody can have watched him for years and think that's what we needed on Sunday.
When I say work off the ball, I'm talking about closing down and pressing. That said, if we're comparing him to Martial, his movement off the ball is much more purposeful and intense.

In a game such as Sunday, where our players were knackered, yes, he would have been what we needed. We had nothing on the counter when Rashford went off and James went to left mid. We needed to replace energy with energy and we wasn't able to do that.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
When I say work off the ball, I'm talking about closing down and pressing. That said, if we're comparing him to Martial, his movement off the ball is much more purposeful and intense.

In a game such as Sunday, where our players were knackered, yes, he would have been what we needed. We had nothing on the counter when Rashford went off and James went to left mid. We needed to replace energy with energy and we wasn't able to do that.
I fundamentally disagree. You fail to recognise that Lingard is worthless on the ball though.

We would still have nothing on the counter with Lingard on the pitch too.

When you're under pressure like that, the most valuable trait is someone calm & capable of keeping possession high up the pitch, that's how you counter it.

All Lingard would offer in that match would be aimless running and zero composure. I just can't see how he would have made a difference.

Walters_19_MuFc

I fundamentally disagree. You fail to recognise that Lingard is worthless on the ball.

We would still have nothing on the counter with Lingard on the pitch too.

When you're under pressure like that, the most valuable trait is someone calm & capable of keeping possession high up the pitch, that's how you counter it.

All Lingard would offer in that match would be aimless running and zero composure. I fail to see exactly what he would have offered in those circumstances. Certainly nothing major to think he might have changed the result.
Well I mentioned what I felt Lingard would have offered so i'm not going over it again however, I dont recall Martial touching the ball in the time he was on.

Liverpool has all of the ball in the second half and what we needed is someone to turn the Liverpool defence like James and Rashford did.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Well I mentioned what I felt Lingard would have offered so i'm not going over it again however, I dont recall Martial touching the ball in the time he was on.

Liverpool has all of the ball in the second half and what we needed is someone to turn the Liverpool defence like James and Rashford did.
I don't think you're wrong here. Lingard isn't our best player but Martial is usually awful coming off the bench.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.

And you think Lingard of all people is capable of putting the Liverpool defence on the back foot through his dribbling and presence like Rashford or James did? You're not wrong as such, from about the 55th min, you could see the team was in need of fresh legs but Lingard really?

Seriously, when I try to picture Lingard attempting to dribble at the Liverpool defence, the Benny Hill tune starts playing in my head. Someone with his record as an attacker just can't be taken seriously anymore to me.

Last edited:

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
I don't think you're wrong here. Lingard isn't our best player but Martial is usually awful coming off the bench.
Have you forgot Martial has been out with a bad injury for 7 weeks? He also came on in the 84th minute, where we had hardly touched the ball for 20 mins. Ole delayed the changes late as usual. He should have come on about 20 mins earlier when we weren't completely out of the game yet. Hardly ideal circumstances anyway.

Besides, this isn't the thread for this, we're discussing Lingard.

MaREDcus

He's not a right winger. Thats why he's crap there. He's a decent number 10. Its not that hard.
Do you want to retract your comment above or is there another position he would be "decent" as?

Last edited by a moderator:

Walters_19_MuFc

Have you forgot Martial has been out with a bad injury for 7 weeks? He also came on in the 84th minute, where we had hardly touched the ball for 20 mins. Ole delayed the changes late as usual. He should have come on about 20 mins earlier when we weren't completely out of the game yet. Hardly ideal circumstances anyway.

He contributed feck all, regards pressing off the ball.

Robbie Boy

Sterling: 3 goals and 2 assists since Saturday. Lingard: has he even got anything like that in the whole of 2019? Players like Lingard are exactly why we’re in the state we’re in.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"

I meant he's poor coming off the bench in general. Lingard is usually a better option if we need to make a sub.

King Andow

Hereee comes the beans, beans, beans
He's the worst that I have seen
Comes the beans, beans, beans
More dance moves than goals and assists
fecking beans, beans, beans
He'll play no matter what
Beans, beans, beans
We are stuck with the twat
Beans, beans, beans
No utility at all
Beans, beans, beans
Please take him too, Arsenal

Last edited:

JoaquinJoaquin

Sterling: 3 goals and 2 assists since Saturday. Lingard: has he even got anything like that in the whole of 2019? Players like Lingard are exactly why we’re in the state we’re in.
Anyone defending him at this point should just stop watching football.

lex talionis

Lingard has been a massive disappointment. Not because he ever showed a high ceiling he could never meet, but because he was expected to be a serviceable squad man and instead has been horrific. He's stealing weekly paychecks for years now in return for what was a decent 4 week run at one several seasons ago. He needs to spend less time perfecting his social media personality and his fashion line.

FFS!

https://jlingz.com/pages/about

JLINGZ is the official, exclusive clothing line and merchandise from Manchester United and England midfielder Jesse Lingard. The JLINGZ logo is taken from Jesse’s iconic celebration and has been quickly replicated by fans across the globe. The collection is a celebration of ready to wear streetwear with occasional limited drops.​

Kostur

海尔的老板
Lingard has been a massive disappointment. Not because he ever showed a high ceiling he could never meet, but because he was expected to be a serviceable squad man and instead has been horrific. He's stealing weekly paychecks for years now in return for what was a decent 4 week run at one several seasons ago. He needs to spend less time perfecting his social media personality and his fashion line.

FFS!

https://jlingz.com/pages/about

JLINGZ is the official, exclusive clothing line and merchandise from Manchester United and England midfielder Jesse Lingard. The JLINGZ logo is taken from Jesse’s iconic celebration and has been quickly replicated by fans across the globe. The collection is a celebration of ready to wear streetwear with occasional limited drops.​
There have been no drops in 2019 apparently.

OverratedOpinion

I was thinking back to when he used to go on loan every season and from what I remember he never really looked like a particularly good Championship player.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
Hereee come the beans, beans, beans
He's the worst that I have seen
Come the beans, beans, beans
More dance moves than goals and assists
fecking beans, beans, beans
He'll play no matter what
Beans, beans, beans
We are stuck with the twat
Beans, beans, beans