View full 2021-22 profile

4.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Said I felt sorry for him mid week. Today I'm really feel delighted for his ability to bounce back in such spectacular manner. Well done

He desperately needed that. Well done Jesse, it’s your day.

I went through so many emotions in 5 or 6 seconds.

"Feck sake, Lingard will do nothing. Don't shoot! Shoot! GET IN! Go on, Lingard! Oh piss off not celebrating, you were there for 10 minutes! GET IN!"

Made up for the horror show on Tuesday.

If he can make contributions like that then he’s a serviceable squad player.

Even before the goal, he was offering better link up, dropping into good positions to collect the ball and making decent runs compared to what Pogba had done.

Lingard should be considered for the LW position (while Rashford is still out), we were too flat with little movement or runs being made.

Great goal from Lingard to win the game today.
This lad will go far………………..with a bit of luck, as far away as possible.

How can you watch him score a goal like that for us to win the game and still be so toxic?

Beautiful goal. Glad he stayed. He brings us an extra offensive dimension. Now he is fit and has self-confidence :)

Even before the goal, he was offering better link up, dropping into good positions to collect the ball and making decent runs compared to what Pogba had done.

Lingard should be considered for the LW position (while Rashford is still out), we were too flat with little movement or runs being made.

Thought so as well. Actually passing in front of people to so people ran on to balls rather than be stood still. Decent cameo.

We should have known he'd do that, especially after Tuesday

I'm very critical of Lingard and I don't think he's ultimately good enough.

That was a sublime goal though and it showed great character to come back so strongly after midweek.

He is capable of scoring some amazing goals

Quite the week he's had :lol: delightful finish, we needed something a little different today and he provided just that.

Whether he is here or not in the long term, credit to Jesse for showing resilience in revitalising his career and demonstrating the mentality and form which demands game time.

Great goal. I was screaming “Lingard goal “ before he even hit the ball :lol:

I’ve been one of his biggest critics but I’m chuffed for him especially due to Tuesday’s disaster. Come on Jlingz

I'm very critical of Lingard and I don't think he's ultimately good enough.

That was a sublime goal though and it showed great character to come back so strongly after midweek

Yeah, we've had literally a years long sample size to evaluate him - and one strike doesn't move the needle at all...but feck me did I celebrate when he scored. One of the biggest United releases in a while when that went in. It just seemed like a big match, already, in our season.

In fariness, he actually had a better cameo than expected too. I thought - especially after The Incident - that we'd get his usual floating around passively thing, but no...he actually showed for the ball and had great movement - took up some threatening positions even before the goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.