Jesse Lingard 'to leave on a free'

L1nk

It's not as if Jesse has downed tools and stopped going for training. I wouldn't put much stock by this nameless source, at best it could just be one of his mates giving his own opinion (which isn't wrong, I doubt Jesse will feature in any important games for the rest of the season barring an injury crisis).

Anyway, I wish Jesse all the best at his new club in the summer. He's had purple patches but he's not the player to take us to the next level. The only way the club would have benefited from not selling him at the end of the last season is if that last minute winner against West Ham in September proves to be the crucial 3 points that secures us a top 4 spot this season.
I don't care if that quote is true or not, I still have never wanted us to as rid of a player as much as this big ego, low skilled beans beans beans player, absolute trash from start to finish for us yet he's still somehow hanging around stealing a wage. Criminal he's been allowed to remain at the club this long

lloyd2wayne

The 12 million is just like add-ons. If he helps keeps them up you pay us 12 million and if relegated you don’t pay. I don’t see the issue. Are they not the richest club in the world? Pay up

Tarrou

Newcastle getting a taste of what its going to be like

a deal is gonna happen here, because everyone wants it.. don't blame the club for trying to get the most out of them one bit

CloneMC16

What does the club get for this, though? You're acting like Jesse has done a favor for the club being here since he was a child. If he wasn't a paid footballer, never United level btw, he'd be working at McDonalds at best. Instead, he is a millionaire. Wow, the club wants money for him. Well, no shit. He cost us millions to ship him out in order for him to get his free transfer money, now Newcastle either bends over and offers what is desired or Jesse might as well never see any gametime for the rest of the season. See how much signing on free he'd get ewith zero playing time for the past season.

It's better not strengthening a future rival and saving them from relegation than pay Jesse's wages for half a season. Like that will do any difference to the club's financse.
The club gets a few million that they won't get if Lingard leaves on a free on June 30th. I'm not acting like he's done the club a favour. I'm saying that he's been with the club since he was 7 years old. He has been here long enough for them not to be arseholes and to act in a fair manner. If he wasn't at the required level, the club should have sold him, then. I said the club should act fairly and let him leave for a fair amount. Asking for around £15m for a player that's leaving us in 5 months is ridiculous. We're not asking any other club for that.

It doesn't matter what we do. Newcastle are going to rise towards the top of the league within a few seasons. Even without Lingard, they will most likely stay up with the signings they'll likely make over the next few days.

Found Jesse's account
Okay. I want players that want to leave out of the club. They're most likely the one's that keep leaking shit and keeping the drama surrounding the club flowing everyday. It's not like they're even wanted. They don't start. They only occasionally get subbed in. Those minutes could go to some younger players. Take the money you can for them and let them leave. I said the same about Martial. I say the same about VDB, Henderson, and any other player that wants to go. Let them leave if they're not playing. We free up the wage bill. Some of the toxicity and negativity will hopefully leave with them. With the money saved in wages, I hope that means the club will bring in someone that will actually play.

Last edited:

Sviken

The club gets a few million that they won't get if Lingard leaves on a free on June 30th. I'm not acting like he's done the club a favour. I'm saying that he's been with the club since he was 7 years old. He has been here long enough for them not to be arseholes and to act in a fair manner. If he wasn't at the required level, the club should have sold him, then. I said the club should act fairly and let him leave for a fair amount. Asking for around £15m for a player that's leaving us in 5 months is ridiculous. We're not asking any other club for that.
A few million does us nothing. And if Lingard didn't want the club to be act like "assholes", then he shouldn't have acted like one in the first place. He knew he wasn't going to get any gametime this season, yet he decided to wait and collect his paycheck before getting another big paycheck, refusing to sign a contract and thus depriving the club of a transfer fee for him. And as far as our asking price, I don't see how it is unreasonable. For one, Newcastle aren't just any other club, they're flushed with cash. It's only fair that United tax them for it, just like how United are taxed for every player under the sun. Second, Lingard is easily good enough to save them from relegation which is far more vital to Newcastle than a measly 15 million which they can wipe their ass with.

It's a great deal for them, and for Lingard himself. If they don't want it, who cares? We're not winning anything from this whichever way it goes.

It doesn't matter what we do. Newcastle are going to rise towards the top of the league within a few seasons. Even without Lingard, they will most likely stay up with the signings they'll likely make over the next few days.
Yeah, but you would agree that there is no need for us to accelerate their rise, right?

SoCross

If those figures are true, United are asking for a ridiculous amount. £12m bonus for avoiding relegation? Say what you want about him, but he's been with us since he was a child. He's spent his whole career here. If he's willing to go to Newcastle for any kind of fair fee, let him go. We're not going to play him and we'll get something better than £0. I will back Lingard in this scenario. That's shit behaviour from the club.
I agree with us holding for more money - Newcastle have enough funds ; Woods for 25 million! But I'd settle for a bit less than what the article states and send Jesse on his way.

OmarUnited4ever

I don't blame the club for asking for 12M survival bonus from Newcastle, this is a good approach to send a message across the market, where the club will not be taken advantage of, if you want a player from MUFC, then pay up or forget it, the club can afford Jessi's wages for 100 years and its not a big deal paying Jessi wages until his contract expires, but if Newcastle want Jessi now while he is under contract, then they gotta pay up, and as for Lingard, instead of being childish, he should do his best to convince Newcastle to accept the club's demands.

Ixion

We're treating Lingard like shit. There was no huge fee for Martial they just had to cover his wages, the same will be true for Donny.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
We're treating Lingard like shit. There was no huge fee for Martial they just had to cover his wages, the same will be true for Donny.
I guess the intention is to keep them. Martial could well find himself in the thick of things next season when Cavani is gone and what Ronaldo does if we fail to get top 4. Jesse doesn't have a contract beyond this season.

Nickelodeon

We’re trying to get some unwarranted money on Jesse like we’ve paid for so many of our players. I see no harm in that. Worst case, we lose the 2.5 million loan fee plus his wages being covered. I have absolutely no problem with the club trying to take someone to the cleaners.

As for Jesse, he should realize that he’s one of those players who’s performance hardly entitles him a quarter of what he’s paid. If the club is trying to earn some of it back, we’re more than within our right. If not, his time to fight for an exit has long gone so he has no option but to suck it.

stevoc

While I'd agree how Ole had dropped Lingard should tell everyone how little he valued Lingard, the guy was still getting minutes up till this season. He played against Newcastle, and West Ham if I were not wrong. That makes it look like Ole was giving him the minutes he supposedly promised.

I'm no fan of Lingard, but I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the story of Ole promising him game time.
He wasn't though mate he only made 3 appearances for United last season 2 starts in the cups and a sub appearance in the cup then he was loaned out. And this after barely playing him the season before once Bruno arrived, it was obvious Lingard wasn't at all in Solksjaer's plans.

OmarUnited4ever

I guess the intention is to keep them. Martial could well find himself in the thick of things next season when Cavani is gone and what Ronaldo does if we fail to get top 4. Jesse doesn't have a contract beyond this season.
Exactly, for Martial, VdB, or anyone else under contract with the club beyond the summer, the club can be bit lenient, but if you see Martial's loan, the club insisted on full wages pay but gave up on a loan fee, the same for Tuanzebe with Villa & Napoli in terms of wages, both clubs also paid a loan fee, for VdB, I am certain the club will demand from CP to pay full wages.

for Lingard, the club is losing him for nothing in the summer, so why would the club let any other club benefit from Lingard's services without compensation?!!

romufc

On twitter, I keep twitter posts saying.. let Jess go, United being unfair.

Firstly, we get criticised for letting players go too cheap, on the other hand when we hardball, we get criticised by the same fans.

Jesse Lingard does not want to go to Newcastle on a permanent because he wants to go into the summer window to chose from clubs and pick one that will pay him the most in terms of wages and signing on fee, he is looking after himself.

Why should Manchester United look out for Lingard over themselves? why would we loan him? to save on wages? the club isn't short £5m.

Martial wanted out, he found a club and got the Sevilla to put the right offer in.

We have twats like Mark Goldbrige in this fan base that moan moan moan all day all night about this.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Love how we’re weeding out the players with a weak mentality. If this is all it took for Lingard and Martial to throw their toys out the pram in public then good riddance.

Herman Toothrot

I couldn't really give a toss about this one either way. Jessie seemed like a nice enough lad, but should have forced his way out in the summer if he was really that bothered about playing.

Did he think bringing in Sancho and Ronaldo was going to make his chances of forcing his way into the forward line any easier? Come on.

The Martial comparisons are daft, we won't lose him on a free at the end of the season. If Jessie wants to go to F.C Bone Saw, they're going to have to spend some of their blood money.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
this is a good approach to send a message across the market, where the club will not be taken advantage of, if you want a player from MUFC, then pay up or forget it
The message makes no sense since he's walking on a free in a few months.

OmarUnited4ever

The message makes no sense since he's walking on a free in a few months.
The message is simple, pay up or go somewhere else, clubs usually rinse the club with their high demands, it is only fair and normal the club does the same and get as much money as possible from players under contract with the club, yes he goes on a free in few months, but in those few months, the club has every right to demand what they think is a fair compensation

90 + 5min

We are, aren't we? Paying him big money for doing nothing? So he can party with his friends in Dubai. Poor Lingard.

If he wants out and Newcastle are not far off, he just need to dig in his own pockets and pay some of the transfer fee.

romufc

Martial is still under contract at United, the loan to Sevilla can add value to his transfer fee.

I don't know why everyone is feeling sorry for Lingard, he doesn't want to go Newcastle on a permanent, wants a loan only. What purpose does it serve to Manutd loaning him for 6 months then he is out of contract?

Secondly, he is desperate to leave but went on holiday to Dubai instead of staying and working for a move? Its not up to the club to find potential suitors for him, its up to him and his agent.

Also, why would we loan him to West Ham or Spurs ? Oh lets look after Jesse, who will leave us on a free over the club?

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Let’s loan him to Burnley and ask only for wages to be covered.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
I said it in the other thread but I don’t understand the rationale for keeping him for the sake of a few million.

Why not just make the relegation bonus £8m, with a loan fee of £4m and let him go?

They’re going to cover 100% of his wages and we pocket something between 4-12m for a player who’s leaving anyway in 5 months. Keeping him here to take a spot on the bench/reserves helps no one.

Maticmaker

For a few seasons Jesse Lingard was our best player ..' without the ball'. His cross field diagonal runs, his darting and breaking-in between the lines, created space and distractions for those around him, but much of which was never really made to pay. However he was never quite that effective with the ball at his feet, but he had some standout moments... should have stayed at West Ham.

If its true, Good Luck and thanks for the memories Jesse.

Reactions: Fortitude

Andersonson

I don't care if that quote is true or not, I still have never wanted us to as rid of a player as much as this big ego, low skilled beans beans beans player, absolute trash from start to finish for us yet he's still somehow hanging around stealing a wage. Criminal he's been allowed to remain at the club this long
Chill. You obsessed with him or something? All of your recent posts are about Lingard. A bit weird. He hasnt done anything wrong so no need for this

Tap

''Pointless''

My thoughts on the majority of Lingard's performances for United over the last 4 years.
Yup, That’s basically Lingard during most of his time here.

He can feel free to behave unprofessionally. It reduces the risk of the club doing something stupid like offering him an extension.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
The message is simple, pay up or go somewhere else, clubs usually rinse the club with their high demands, it is only fair and normal the club does the same and get as much money as possible from players under contract with the club, yes he goes on a free in few months, but in those few months, the club has every right to demand what they think is a fair compensation
Yeah but the other club just has to wait six months. It's a very hollow threat.
When your player has six months left on their contract you've already lost. No amount of huffing and puffing is going to change that.

OmarUnited4ever

Yeah but the other club just has to wait six months. It's a very hollow threat.
When your player has six months left on their contract you've already lost. No amount of huffing and puffing is going to change that.
Newcastle carry the risk of relegation in the next few months, Lingard might be a very good player for them to have in relegation fight (he did very well with hammers last year), United is taking advantage of their desperation, and staying up is worth a lot especially to Newcastle who currently got an uber rich and ambitious new owners.

RatPack

I don't blame the club for asking for 12M survival bonus from Newcastle, this is a good approach to send a message across the market, where the club will not be taken advantage of, if you want a player from MUFC, then pay up or forget it, the club can afford Jessi's wages for 100 years and its not a big deal paying Jessi wages until his contract expires, but if Newcastle want Jessi now while he is under contract, then they gotta pay up, and as for Lingard, instead of being childish, he should do his best to convince Newcastle to accept the club's demands.
Or Lindgard could agree to a lower wage and that way the deal could get done. But that greedy little ....'s only ability is to complain.

Adebisi's Hat

Supports
who do you feckin think ?
I have no issue with the club playing hardball with richest club in the world Newcastle here, they can easily afford this. In every negotiation they enter from now on paying 25M for Chris Wood is going to keep cropping up in the conversation. Would not be surprised if all the other EPL clubs have discussed this and agreed to ride them bareback for all they can over the next few years. Just imagine them calling Daniel Levy :keano:

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I love how everyone knows exactly what Lingard is thinking. I mean you all know right? You’re not just making assumptions up?

best case is find a compromise and let him go. Best all round. Im really sick of the moaning from our fans, it’ll be worse if he’s still here until summer.

Marwood

I didn't think another persons hands would ever irritate me but here we are.