Joachim Löw finished as Germany coach after the Euros

HTG

Supports
Bayern
I think Klopp would be bored managing a national team.

izec

Too early for Klopp, maybe after WC 2022 would have been better. Now i can see him sticking around at Pool for another couple of years if the job is occupied from someone else after the summer

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
I think Klopp would be bored managing a national team.
Indeed. Also probably not enough time together with the players to get his philosophy installed. Might be interested in a few years but I reckon it's too early this offseason.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Klopp would be bored. He seems to be the type who loves being on the training pitch everyday

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Indeed. Also probably not enough time together with the players to get his philosophy installed. Might be interested in a few years but I reckon it's too early this offseason.
Exactly my thinking. His philosophy is quite demanding and it often takes time for players to adjust. Doesn’t seem suited to the national level.
I also think he really enjoys the daily work with the players. Something that would also be missing.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Too early for Klopp, maybe after WC 2022 would have been better. Now i can see him sticking around at Pool for another couple of years if the job is occupied from someone else after the summer
Who knows, he's talked about taking a break before and the last year with the pandemic, not being able to attend his mother's funeral, as well as the current crisis at Liverpool must have been incredibly draining. Depending on how he processes these things a call from the DFB might be a welcome step back. Or he might be determined to leave Liverpool on a high and not interested in being associated with the Qatar WC.

Exactly my thinking. His philosophy is quite demanding and it often takes time for players to adjust. Doesn’t seem suited to the national level.
I also think he really enjoys the daily work with the players. Something that would also be missing.
Like 5 years or so ago I would have agreed with such a statement, but these days every top team is well drilled in pressing, so it's probably more about adjusting specifics, rather than laying the foundations.

Water Melon

If Klopp becomes the coach of German NT, I really really hope that Pool do not appoint a top class manager ever again. It was painful enough to see them finally winning the prem and their 6th big ears. Enough is enough. On a serious note, I would be surprised if Jurgen left Pool before next season.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
As paradoxical as it may sound, it feels to me that the timing is bad for Klopp.
The crisis he's facing at Liverpool right now is too severe that it would be acceptable behaviour to negotiate an exit right now, I'd estimate that his sense of responsibility it too big for that.

Obviously, I don't know what's going on behind the scenes at Liverpool and I might be thinking around one corner too many, or one too few.

Generally speaking, as I'm much more a fan of club football than of international football, I think it would be a waste if a manager of such unique quality would leave club football, where, let's face it, the most relevant level of performances are taking place, so soon.
Klopp is an obnoxious Dampfplauderer, but he's also an exceptional manager, and I like to see the biggest possible quality in action. And as a NT manager, all he'd do is shoot even more commercial clips than he's doing now, which is a ridiculous and detestable amount already.
It's a retirement job.
But then I'm a bit anti as far as the German NT is considered so that might just be me.

T_Model101

Klopp is surely on double what Lowe is on right now?
Would the German FA pay him what he's on at Liverpool?

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
As paradoxical as it may sound, it feels to me that the timing is bad for Klopp.
The crisis he's facing at Liverpool right now is too severe that it would be acceptable behaviour to negotiate an exit right now, I'd estimate that his sense of responsibility it too big for that.
And at the same time, it might be now or never for the NT job. If he declines now, and someone like Kuntz gets the gig, he'd have to wait another 12-16 years for another shot.

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
It is basically now the first opportunity since 2004 for a coach to become the german NT coach.

Let's see how tempting it is for Kloppo.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
And at the same time, it might be now or never for the NT job. If he declines now, and someone like Kuntz gets the gig, he'd have to wait another 12-16 years for another shot.
Good point, considering the quasi-monarchic or -papal status the Bundestrainer has in Germany. I was expecting Löw to die as NT coach, sometimes in the 2050s

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I wonder what made him make this decision now instead of after the 2018 World Cup where Germany had an ingominous tournament. Maybe the loss 6-0 loss to Spain in mid November planted a seed.

As for a replacement, Klopp seems to be the best man for the job but he might be a coach who prefers the day to day nature of club football over coaching a national team.
I think it planted a P45 on his desk.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I could also see Rangnick take the job. He's been without a club for a while now and in an interview I read a couple of weeks ago he said that he was actually negotiating with people from the English FA before Big Sam got the job, so he seems interested in the concept..

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
I could also see Rangnick take the job. He's been without a club for a while now and in an interview I read a couple of weeks ago he said that he was actually negotiating with people from the English FA before Big Sam got the job, so he seems interested in the concept..
Good shout. Lothar also mentioned him.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Liverpool should encourage Klopp to leave and get a manager that truly knows and abides by the ethos of the club. Someone like King Kenny.

Klopp to go and Gerrard comes in to take over at Liverpool. It's written in the stars.

Bulldog United

It would be very hard for Klopp to say no. He’s known to want to go back to Germany, and this opportunity may never come around again.

Liverpool already have a title winning legend waiting in the wings. And next year is gonna be their year.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Goddamnit, I'm going to need Flick to have a bad day and come out with another covidiot rant soon, so that he becomes publicly untenable as a candidate for the NT

Falcow

Low has only scratched the surface in terms of helping the German national team to reach its potential. I suspect however they will be sniffing around the semis at least this summer.

Bittte hire herr Klopp.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Goddamnit, I'm going to need Flick to have a bad day and come out with another covidiot rant soon, so that he becomes publicly untenable as a candidate for the NT
Everyone is ignoring the obvious. Forget all other candidates, Herr Flick is a treble winner with a near faultless win record. Something Klopp or any other candidate could never dream of being. Germany deserves the best if they want to be the best.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Everyone is ignoring the obvious. Forget all other candidates, Herr Flick is a treble winner with a near faultless win record. Something Klopp or any other candidate could never dream of being. Germany deserves the best if they want to be the best.
You omit that Flick's not just a treble, but also World Cup winner already, so it's clearly a case of: been there, done that.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Has an octopus predicted whos going to be the next manager yet?