Joao Felix | Signed for Atlético Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
So you buy him and play him in his preferred position. I never suggested to buy him and play him on the left.
Well then it should be just as obvious to you as he is an obvious signing that we don’t use his position.

Kaglish10

Well then it should be just as obvious to you as he is an obvious signing that we don’t use his position.
We need a clinical technical striker. He's a false 9 striker, technical and clinical. I need to add that he put in enough work rate also.

In Rainbows

We need a clinical technical striker. He's a false 9 striker, technical and clinical. I need to add that he put in enough work rate also.
When you think about it, Felix is like Greenwood in what we want out of our interchanging forward line. Martial and Rashford are that same type, but it's clear their creative ability isn't at the level of the former two. The only way Martial can create for others is by taking others on as he doesn't really have vision or the passing execution. Both Martial and Rashford have obvious flaws to their games. That's pretty much where the problem is. We already have Martial and Rashford.

Even if we played

-----Greenwood--Felix----- or --------Greenwood--Sancho-----
----------Sancho----------- ---------------Felix---------------

Only in our muppet dreams could we get Felix and Sancho. :(

ROFLUTION

For me the mental issue is the biggest one. Can he handle the pressure of such a price tag? Will he work hard (not in his instagram)

Kaglish10

When you think about it, Felix is like Greenwood in what we want out of our interchanging forward line. Martial and Rashford are that same type, but it's clear their creative ability isn't at the level of the former two. The only way Martial can create for others is by taking others on as he doesn't really have vision or the passing execution. Both Martial and Rashford have obvious flaws to their games. That's pretty much where the problem is. We already have Martial and Rashford.

Even if we played

-----Greenwood--Felix----- or --------Greenwood--Sancho-----
----------Sancho----------- ---------------Felix---------------

Only in our muppet dreams could we get Felix and Sancho. :(
While I admit Martial is talented, I no longer buy his lack of desire and work rates in the team. And while he's our best clinical finisher out of all of our attackers, his movement is pretty awful. His wage is also a put off. I really want every player on high wage to be let go, so that we can start on a new template.

That said, Felix looks like one of those 1st rate generational talent and we shouldn't miss out on such players. I would rather we keep developing such talent than bother ourselves with the 2nd/3rd rate talents we have in the team. I also like the fact that he's capable of fashioning out his goals by himself and also creating for others.

Greenwood I would love too but I would rather he and Rashford fight it out between themselves.

Suv666

This lad looks like a star for sure but we would have a problem fitting him in. If we buy him we need to play him in a free number 10 role with no defensive duties.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Going by what Ole wants from his front man, Felix fits the bill better than most.

DFreshKing

I really like the look of this lad. I think he's got that extra special quality. If we are offloading Pogba and moving to more dynamic hard working midfield three then I can see us going big on him.

reddevilz007

Offload Martial, Sanchez, Lukaku, Mata and Pogba.

Start the spending spree with Felix

Rocknrolla69er

Totally agree

Pogbas productive but too inconsistent and this fluttering eyelashes at madrid barca is abit disrespectful to the badge and fans
Martials lack of drive and hunger is shocking
Matic seems like hes given up now Mourinhos gone
Sanchez bad egg
Lukaku just not good enough, suffers from lack of motivation at times too
Rojo wage leach

Those would be my first out the doors

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Going by what Ole wants from his front man, Felix fits the bill better than most.
Does he track back? Does he close down defenders? Is he a good defender when counter attacks are on?
Liverpool and City’s wingers work bloody hard

Robbie Boy

How good is this kid? I’ve only snippets of highlights reels and never seen him play a full 90.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Does he track back? Does he close down defenders? Is he a good defender when counter attacks are on?
Liverpool and City’s wingers work bloody hard
He wouldn't be with us to operate on the flank. He seems the perfect false 9 though.

Ole seems to favour runs in from behind, clever movement, superior technique and decision making and general fluidity going forward.

I think Felix can be a great option for us in the Firminho mould. From whatever I've seen of him anyway.

I think seperate winger transfers would be required to suppliment. Sancho or Lozano or whoever.

Inigo Montoya

He wouldn't be with us to operate on the flank. He seems the perfect false 9 though.

Ole seems to favour runs in from behind, clever movement, superior technique and decision making and general fluidity going forward.

I think Felix can be a great option for us in the Firminho mould. From whatever I've seen of him anyway.

I think seperate winger transfers would be required to suppliment. Sancho or Lozano or whoever.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I have to state that I haven't avidly been watching the league. I've been following him since the start of this thread on highlights. Seems a low risk talent and someone who would do well under an attacking minded coach like Ole. I'm impressed by how polished he is technically

sp_107

He is too lightweight for EPL, We will be frustrated with him for next few years until he develops his physic after spending 100+ million. We dont have to blow our most of the budget on one player

Everyone saying we need to buy 5 players but if Lukaku/Pogba leaves means we need to buy atleast 7 players ?

Inigo Montoya

He is too lightweight for EPL, We will be frustrated with him for next few years until he develops his physic after spending 100+ million. We dont have to blow our most of the budget on one player

Everyone saying we need to buy 5 players but if Lukaku/Pogba leaves means we need to buy atleast 7 players ?
We’re not buying 5 or 7. Not in one summer

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
The lightweight thing, I don't really agree with. Every time we've played a Portuguese side in the CL, they've proven to be quite physical and annoying.

crossy1686

career ending
He's been brilliant this season. Benfica are looking to tie up a new contract in the summer to increase his release clause, but in saying that, a release clause isn't what he will go for, it's just a starting point for negotiations for the selling club, Neymar's only really been an exception to this rule.

He could do a job for us, I feel like the gap between our forwards and midfield is too big at times so we resort to going long or sending the ball to the wings where the attack dies due to poor wingers. Having another option behind the striker might help get the best out of some of what we've already got.

However, this kid is destined for Madrid or Barcelona at some point...

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
That said, Felix looks like one of those 1st rate generational talent and we shouldn't miss out on such players.
That’s the crux of the matter. There are a limited number of ‘next-level’ talents available at any moment. You take them when you can, even if the cost or positional need isn’t perfect.

Felix seems to be putting himself into that conversation, along with Sancho. Even if he pulls a Ronaldo by jumping to Madrid eventually it wouldn’t necessarily be a bad deal for us given the state of our forwards.

Charlie Foley

The lightweight thing, I don't really agree with. Every time we've played a Portuguese side in the CL, they've proven to be quite physical and annoying.
I think it’s a misconception of the Portuguese league but our resident Portuguese posters would know more

Judas

Open to offers
He's been brilliant this season. Benfica are looking to tie up a new contract in the summer to increase his release clause, but in saying that, a release clause isn't what he will go for, it's just a starting point for negotiations for the selling club, Neymar's only really been an exception to this rule.

He could do a job for us, I feel like the gap between our forwards and midfield is too big at times so we resort to going long or sending the ball to the wings where the attack dies due to poor wingers. Having another option behind the striker might help get the best out of some of what we've already got.

However, this kid is destined for Madrid or Barcelona at some point...
Honestly practically every great or next superstar level player is destined for Real or Barca, that’s not changing anytime soon. Shouldn’t be a reason not to go for them though.

crossy1686

career ending
Honestly practically every great or next superstar level player is destined for Real or Barca, that’s not changing anytime soon. Shouldn’t be a reason not to go for them though.
I agree. I would hope we could do enough and be competitive enough to stop these lads going to Spain but when you realise Portugal is next door to Spain and the Spanish league has been shoved down their throats all their lives, it's inevitable Portuguese lads would want to play there at some point.

Robbie Boy

I doubt most other have actually seen much more.
Have you seen much? The hype is crazy but I’m in no position to make any judgement on him whatsoever. A-few highlight reels here and there aren’t worth feck all.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Have you seen much? The hype is crazy but I’m in no position to make any judgement on him whatsoever. A-few highlight reels here and there aren’t worth feck all.
I haven’t seen much more than you. I tried to watch him against Frankfurt (the game he got a hat-trick), but when I checked the lineup I figured he wasn’t playing because they listed him as ‘Joao Sequeira’ instead of ‘Joao Felix’ :(.

I doubt anyone but the Portuguese fans really watch the Portuguese league. Sancho is the one I want, seems a better fit, as impressive as Felix looks.

Robbie Boy

I haven’t seen much more than you. I tried to watch him against Frankfurt (the game he got a hat-trick), but when I checked the lineup I figured he wasn’t playing because they listed him as ‘Joao Sequeira’ instead of ‘Joao Felix’ :(.

I doubt anyone but the Portuguese fans really watch the Portuguese league. Sancho is the one I want, seems a better fit, as impressive as Felix looks.
Haha, didn’t know he also came by the name ‘Sequeira’. Bummer missing that game of all games. I’ve kept saying to myself that I would endeavor to watch him play but I honestly haven’t had the chance. I just rely on this thread for updates.

Sancho looks a huge talent from what I’ve seen of him but again, I haven’t really got to see all that much of him bar a-few bits here and there.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Haha, didn’t know he also came by the name ‘Sequeira’. Bummer missing that game of all games. I’ve kept saying to myself that I would endeavor to watch him play but I honestly haven’t had the chance. I just rely on this thread for updates.

Sancho looks a huge talent from what I’ve seen of him but again, I haven’t really got to see all that much of him bar a-few bits here and there.
I find it easier to watch Sancho, and watch practically every Dortmund game live. I do football betting on a Saturday and most of the major betting apps allow you to watch the Bundesliga live if you use them - SkyBet and Bet365 do anyway.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Diving cnut. What a disgusting player, biggest cheat to have ever come out of portuguese football and we've had quite a few.

He'll turn to shit as soon as he leaves the country. Won't be as easy without the refs calling a foul everytime he throws himself down.

Can't finish his chances so does what he does best... as does VAR in Portugal

mu4c_20le

If we play 433, can he play as lone striker?
Unless we change our style to use a false nine, then i would say no, he is not one to lead the line. I watched a few benfica matches this year and he reminds me a lot of Januzaj, really good technique and an eye for a pass, but very scrawny and would get bullied in the PL. He'd most likely be a Mata replacement here and just as difficult to fit.

LuckyScout78

I started to scouted him from the quarter final, where Benfica went out. I didnt knew him before that. But i have come to a conclusion that United shall sign him.

He is really good and precise with the ball. And i dont think any United player right now are on his level when it come to how good and precise with the ball. He is clearly best as a supporting striker, a Kaka role/a nr.10. A playmaker role. With him, it will be easier for United strikers.

Where to get the best out of him?A free playmaker behind the striker like this:

Sancho/Dybala - Felix - Martial + Rashford/Lukaku

In the end his football vision, his quickness in body and with the ball. He is the kind of player that will lift up the pace of the ball. Having him and Sancho. Im sure it will not easy to take the ball from those 2 guys. Its about the skills/futsal skills/the combination skills in small area. Felix is really close to Sancho level. Those 2 guys knows how to play football. It mean when you have to pass the ball and when you can take on players.

I definitive like the way he is playing football. Has top vision and effience.

And when i first recommendation Felix. I will recommendate others players that will suit and make a strong football team.

+ First. If Chelsea dont get champion league football next season. Then i will try to Kante from Chelsea. Convince him that with United he will play in his favourite cm role, not as a rcm with Chelsea and Sarri. So come to United Kante. United needs his legs, runs and break up.

+ De Ligt. All in for this boy as a new CB. This boy has everything

+ A new box to box cm player in Doucoure from Watford. Doucoure knows, understand and is able to the play the quick passes combination football of Felix and Sancho.

+ Meunier from Paris

So a pontential line up with those recommendations and new additions.

Meunier - De Ligt - Lindelof - Shaw

Sancho - Kante/Herrera - Pogba/Doucoure - Martial/Sanchez

Felix

Lukaku/Rashford

There you get

And in the end. Woodward shall drop doing football relations jobs. Just the financial jobs and marketing. Hire Edwin Van Der Sar to be a director and dealing with buying player and selling player. This is a must. Woodward shall only concentrate and focus on the thing i mention above. A person in his role, buying and selling players. Shall have top football knowledge. He has to knows and understand football. Woodward to be honest doesnt have top football ability.

Ajax is a good example. A top skillsful football player in Overmars, who knows if the players is the real deal or not. And what it takes to make a top squad to battle for trophies. He is definitive the right man for the CEO of football role. The passsion and hunger for football and glory. Overmars still has it, as a DOF.

Conclusion. That is the things United as a club shall do to fix theirs problems. Internal and external solutions. Drop 4-3-3 for 4-4-1-1 formation. Then you have the players that will fill and suit the difference role and positions best. And im sure. Things i have suggest and recommendation here will lift United as a club. And make United better to achieve better results. De Ligt, Kante, Sancho and Felix are must. Those 4 are top quality players in their posiiton and in the level of the football right now. Not compare to the level of football history. Unless Messi and Ronaldo, the football level over all is not high as before. Just to mention a level of CF in Ronaldo from Brazil and a CB in Lucio from Brazil. Then you have to go for the level that are closest to those players. Then De Ligt, Kante, Sancho and Felix all belong tot he top level right now.

Reactions: Invictus

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I started to scouted him from the quarter final, where Benfica went out. I didnt knew him before that. But i have come to a conclusion that United shall sign him.

He is really good and precise with the ball. And i dont think any United player right now are on his level when it come to how good and precise with the ball. He is clearly best as a supporting striker, a Kaka role/a nr.10. A playmaker role. With him, it will be easier for United strikers.

Where to get the best out of him?A free playmaker behind the striker like this:

Sancho/Dybala - Felix - Martial + Rashford/Lukaku

In the end his football vision, his quickness in body and with the ball. He is the kind of player that will lift up the pace of the ball. Having him and Sancho. Im sure it will not easy to take the ball from those 2 guys. Its about the skills/futsal skills/the combination skills in small area. Felix is really close to Sancho level. Those 2 guys knows how to play football. It mean when you have to pass the ball and when you can take on players.

I definitive like the way he is playing football. Has top vision and effience.

And when i first recommendation Felix. I will recommendate others players that will suit and make a strong football team.

+ First. If Chelsea dont get champion league football next season. Then i will try to Kante from Chelsea. Convince him that with United he will play in his favourite cm role, not as a rcm with Chelsea and Sarri. So come to United Kante. United needs his legs, runs and break up.

+ De Ligt. All in for this boy as a new CB. This boy has everything

+ A new box to box cm player in Doucoure from Watford. Doucoure knows, understand and is able to the play the quick passes combination football of Felix and Sancho.

+ Meunier from Paris

So a pontential line up with those recommendations and new additions.

Meunier - De Ligt - Lindelof - Shaw

Sancho - Kante/Herrera - Pogba/Doucoure - Martial/Sanchez

Felix

Lukaku/Rashford

There you get

And in the end. Woodward shall drop doing football relations jobs. Just the financial jobs and marketing. Hire Edwin Van Der Sar to be a director and dealing with buying player and selling player. This is a must. Woodward shall only concentrate and focus on the thing i mention above. A person in his role, buying and selling players. Shall have top football knowledge. He has to knows and understand football. Woodward to be honest doesnt have top football ability.

Ajax is a good example. A top skillsful football player in Overmars, who knows if the players is the real deal or not. And what it takes to make a top squad to battle for trophies. He is definitive the right man for the CEO of football role. The passsion and hunger for football and glory. Overmars still has it, as a DOF.

Conclusion. That is the things United as a club shall do to fix theirs problems. Internal and external solutions. Drop 4-3-3 for 4-4-1-1 formation. Then you have the players that will fill and suit the difference role and positions best. And im sure. Things i have suggest and recommendation here will lift United as a club. And make United better to achieve better results. De Ligt, Kante, Sancho and Felix are must. Those 4 are top quality players in their posiiton and in the level of the football right now. Not compare to the level of football history. Unless Messi and Ronaldo, the football level over all is not high as before. Just to mention a level of CF in Ronaldo from Brazil and a CB in Lucio from Brazil. Then you have to go for the level that are closest to those players. Then De Ligt, Kante, Sancho and Felix all belong tot he top level right now.
We shall but we won't.

WolfInSharp'sClothing

Supports
Wolves
We've just gone ahead of Juve as favourites to sign him.

That would certainly send some shock-waves around the world if it somehow ever happened!

LuckyScout78

Yeah it might not happen. But it the level United shall go after. Only the best current players in theirs position, no matter how old you are. Like De Ligt as CB. Sancho as RW/LW and Felix as free nr.10 playmaker.

Again, i know its really hard to get all of the players i mention. But United shall at least give a try. Barca, City and PSG are buying the best talent and players out there. If United can compete with those 3 teams about 1-2 years. Think longterm about 4-5 years. Then United might be level or above those. Because they had to rebuild then.

But in the end. Every clubs are spying on this site and forum. So when you first recommendate a talent and player. Then United willl have top competition about those. So yeah, its easier in the dreamworld, then reality;)

It close to the end of the season. I think this is my last suggestions and recommendations for summer transfer windows. How to get a strong XI/squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.