Joao Felix | Signed for Atlético Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolfInSharp'sClothing

Supports
Wolves
Favourites based on what?
Are you privy to some info we don't know?
Probably talking about odds

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/player-specials/joao-felix/club-after-summer-transfer-window

Oddly enough Wolves are current favourites according to BetVictor
I thought the term 'favourites' always referred to the betting?

@Tarrou, give yourself a pat on the back. Although it's not that 'odd' given the Portuguese connections ;)

Fer

If we play diamond formation, would you play Felix as striker or No.10?

Fer

If we play diamond formation, would you play Felix as striker or No.10?

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
He looks like exactly what we need, which is why we won’t get him

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I don't think he'll go for anywhere close to his buyout clause. £50m - £60m I'm thinking..

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I don't think he'll go for anywhere close to his buyout clause. £50m - £60m I'm thinking..
That would be quite cheap given the hype and his age. If he goes for that kind of money then it would because the market is reverting back to less insane prices.

the_irish123

They just gave an absurd penalty on him which possibly decided the league in favor of Benfica.

beingshe7don

Felix is too good to be benched. He's probably a lot better than Rashford when it comes to finishing. He can operate as a False 9 but I would almost play him behind Rashford in the No. 10 role as a trequartista. A formation of 4-2-3-1 or a 4-2-4 would give us a lot of balance. With 2 double pivot box to box midfielders operating behind Felix, that would offer us cover for our leaky defense.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Felix is too good to be benched. He's probably a lot better than Rashford when it comes to finishing. He can operate as a False 9 but I would almost play him behind Rashford in the No. 10 role as a trequartista. A formation of 4-2-3-1 or a 4-2-4 would give us a lot of balance. With 2 double pivot box to box midfielders operating behind Felix, that would offer us cover for our leaky defense.
Then all we'd have to do is get two box to box midfielders from somewhere... Honestly, it'd be easier to fix the defense than get two midfielders that can hold their own at the level we want to get to.

beingshe7don

Then all we'd have to do is get two box to box midfielders from somewhere... Honestly, it'd be easier to fix the defense than get two midfielders that can hold their own at the level we want to get to.
We already have Fred who needs some time to adjust but we can go after Ndombele/ Neves to partner him.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
At the top of Oles favoured diamond.

Lennon7

if we are to spend huge on a forward the first priority is right wing isn't it?
Probably, but we really need to get someone in for Lukaku too. Or just general quality as an option. Martial and Rashford need to step up, and Sanchez is shit.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Probably, but we really need to get someone in for Lukaku too. Or just general quality as an option. Martial and Rashford need to step up, and Sanchez is shit.
Rashford has been putting in the effort, while TM, feck knows?

Lennon7

Rashford has been putting in the effort, while TM, feck knows?
Yeah it's true that Rashford's been working so much harder than Martial, but for me he still hasn't been good enough. Missing chances and making bad decisions is his downfall.

Obviously I don't want to get rid but like I said we need an injection of pure quality and this fella looks like the next Messi

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Yeah it's true that Rashford's been working so much harder than Martial, but for me he still hasn't been good enough. Missing chances and making bad decisions is his downfall.

Obviously I don't want to get rid but like I said we need an injection of pure quality and this fella looks like the next Messi
High praise indeed!:drool:

Crashoutcassius

I don't really get this. Plenty of people have done it in portugal. This guy is looks slow and reasonably skillful but nothing insane. If we could get him for 50m as a punt we should but counting on this guy to make us into a consistent premiership outfit is hype on hype

Fer

Why would you want him as a lone striker? Have you actually watched him play? He isn't a striker.
I have seen him play as CAM/No.10/Second striker. He has a really good vision and I have been impressed by his defensive workrate. He would be perfect in a diamond formation.

But, if we play 433... Where would he play? He plays more as a central forward than a wide one.

In Rainbows

I don't really get this. Plenty of people have done it in portugal. This guy is looks slow and reasonably skillful but nothing insane. If we could get him for 50m as a punt we should but counting on this guy to make us into a consistent premiership outfit is hype on hype
Reasonably skillful? You have high standards

Mastoness

Okay, I hope that I wan't offend anyone but when I read some posts and when I see some formations that people suggest, I think that they are based on the way how they play Fifa on Playstation.

Where and how would he fit? Physically he doesn't look suited for PL. Besides, he is the type of player that we would need to adjust the whole system around him. And how smart would it be to build the team and game around the unproved kid?

Second, we don't need some insane transfers right now. Splashing anywhere between 80 and 100 mil for the 19 years old player with only 1 season of professional football would be stupid and insane. Rebuild of of this team should be done in a smart and rational way. It would be better to buy Julian Brandt for 20 mil (his release clause) if we want someone with the playmaking skills and promote someone from our youth squad. Spend that cash to improve the team in other positions.

Reactions: Sultan

Kaglish10

Okay, I hope that I wan't offend anyone but when I read some posts and when I see some formations that people suggest, I think that they are based on the way how they play Fifa on Playstation.

Where and how would he fit? Physically he doesn't look suited for PL. Besides, he is the type of player that we would need to adjust the whole system around him. And how smart would it be to build the team and game around the unproved kid?

Second, we don't need some insane transfers right now. Splashing anywhere between 80 and 100 mil for the 19 years old player with only 1 season of professional football would be stupid and insane. Rebuild of of this team should be done in a smart and rational way. It would be better to buy Julian Brandt for 20 mil (his release clause) if we want someone with the playmaking skills and promote someone from our youth squad. Spend that cash to improve the team in other positions.

Brandt is defensive liability. He looks more of a classic 10. Anyway, I would rather have Sandro Tonali in our midfield. He would probably be cheaper.

Cantonagotmehere

Can't argue with this. If we are relying on Rashford as our #1 striker next year we are in big trouble. He has not been good enough. He needs competition. I think he will be great, but we need more scoring options next year for sure. Martial.....I just can't wrap my head around what the hell is wrong with him, beyond frustrating.

beingshe7don

Rashford just cannot be trusted to lead the line by himself. People around him including Ole himself keep comparing him to CR7 and it seems to have gone to his head that he could emulate some aspects of Ronaldo which is not the case. CR7 was miles ahead of Rashford even when his end product wasn't there. With that being said, Felix seems to be more natural and has an understanding of the game which is beyond his years whereas Rashford does look like a headless chicken in quite a few games this season. Felix and Pepe to replace Lukaku and RW would be a great acquisition for us. Both have goals in them and Felix will be our official playmaker in the final third and Pepe would run havoc on the RW with our new RB.

Crashoutcassius

Reasonably skillful? You have high standards
Just watching his highlights videos and watching the ball bobbling off his feet and it always looks a bit flukey and like he might be benefiting from playing a very low standard of opposition 90% of the time. Would we really hear about this lad as being wort 150m if he hadn't scored a goal every 1.8 games over a very small sample size? I'm not sure.

Le Red

Can't argue with this. If we are relying on Rashford as our #1 striker next year we are in big trouble. He has not been good enough. He needs competition. I think he will be great, but we need more scoring options next year for sure. Martial.....I just can't wrap my head around what the hell is wrong with him, beyond frustrating.
Rashford is like that boy in his late teens whose father dies and he has to wear the man pants on the house and take care of his siblings. Huge potential but given the mission of leading the line of a decadent MUFC at the age of 21 clearly is too much pressure on him. He should be led by example from a better and more experienced striker. Lukaku should be that guy. Oh well...

Reactions: harms

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Would be absurd if he did. 100M for a player with only 1 season under his belt is the same mistake Bayern did with Sanches.

Cantonagotmehere

Rashford is like that boy in his late teens whose father dies and he has to wear the man pants on the house and take care of his siblings. Huge potential but given the mission of leading the line of a decadent MUFC at the age of 21 clearly is too much pressure on him. He should be led by example from a better and more experienced striker. Lukaku should be that guy. Oh well...
Great post. I will share that one.

Runner

I saw him live 3 weeks ago, he looked slow but had good positioning. I don't think he's worth 60m

In Rainbows

Just watching his highlights videos and watching the ball bobbling off his feet and it always looks a bit flukey and like he might be benefiting from playing a very low standard of opposition 90% of the time. Would we really hear about this lad as being wort 150m if he hadn't scored a goal every 1.8 games over a very small sample size? I'm not sure.
It doesn't look flukey at all. I just think he has more ingenuity than the normal technician. He's not afraid to try stuff and thinks of solutions on the fly.

BTW, I'm not putting him on the same level as Sancho. Sancho has done his business in a superior league, is slightly younger, and is more of a dribbler.

I'm putting Joao Felix on a slightly superior level to current Greenwood. And that's because Felix has done it on first team level where as Greenwood hasn't gotten his chance, obviously due to age. I think the more unflattering comparison is Markovic, who also had a similar level of hype. Difference is that Markovic was 20 years old at the time compared to 19 year old Felix, and Felix has better numbers (6g5A vs 16G10A). It also looks like Felix has more creative ability.

Here is an older video before the hype of his first team exploits. I look at Felix as more of a prospect the same way we look at Greenwood and Sancho (pre-Bundesliga). So no I wouldn't pay for him as much as I would Sancho, but I would want him based on his ability. And I do think that if we're ever going to rebuild, it will be with a very talented young side. We'll be inconsistent, but better than our current side.

Last edited:

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Ojogo who are considered a decent source are reporting we sent Marcel Bout to run the rule over the young prodigy.

Gordon S

Brandt is defensive liability. He looks more of a classic 10. Anyway, I would rather have Sandro Tonali in our midfield. He would probably be cheaper.
?

Are you suggesting that Brandt is a bigger defensive liability than Felix? Both are attacking players that could add a bit of quality and spark in the last third. Why are you bringing Tonali in to the mix?

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
This kid just somehow screams „bust“ to me. Can‘t point my finger at it exactly though.

Status
Not open for further replies.