Joe Gomez

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I dont think a broken leg would be called a "potential serious injury"

If it is a broken leg, then its a weird choice of words.
Possibly. I read the image that just said serious injury.

Could be ligaments or something then.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I always knew thiago wouldn't be able to be relied upon which means they lack that CDM player even if Fabinho has to play CB.

Wasnt particularly crying when Liverpool signed the guy.

PoTMS

TAA - Matip - Fabinho - Robertson
Matip is extremely injury prone so most likely Rhys Williams.

Isn't Alexander-Arnold also injured? Although wouldn't surprise me if it's just your typical "injury" big players have when it's international break.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
This season has been brutal for Liverpool. Gonna be even more infuriating when they win the league now cause I can't even pretend they're getting lucky with injuries.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Klopp would prove himself a genuine miracle worker if he wins anything major this season.

Unless, hopefully, we pull another VVD and get a world class centre-back on the 1st January.
Don't make out everything is against Liverpool.

Mike Smalling

Wow. Let's see how bad it is, but it's going to be interesting to see how Liverpool cope. If it's serious, they will probably bring in someone in January.

This league is up for grabs - too bad we are so inconsistent.

AltiUn

Don't make out everything is against Liverpool.
In fairness they've lost pretty much all their CBs, I don't think we can say fate is on their side at the minute.

Jordan_mufc

Matip is extremely injury prone so most likely Rhys Williams.

Isn't Alexander-Arnold also injured? Although wouldn't surprise me if it's just your typical "injury" big players have when it's international break.
He pulled up with a hamstring injury during the City game.

Looks like it's going to be: Milner Matip Fabinho Robertson for their next game.

hubbuh

Klopp would prove himself a genuine miracle worker if he wins anything major this season.

Unless, hopefully, we pull another VVD and get a world class centre-back on the 1st January.
:lol: welcome to the world of injuries. I know your defence has taken a hit, but Trent is out for a month (half of which is covered by the next couple of weeks off) and Fabinho is back after the international break as is Thiago. So you've got VvD out for a protracted period and potentially Gomez. Would it be that insane for the current Prem winners to have a good season? Or are you just pumping up the significance of the situation.

romufc

In fairness they've lost pretty much all their CBs, I don't think we can say fate is on their side at the minute.
They have lost 2 CB's. We have two CB's out too...

It's like when Rashford or Martial are injured fans will say Ole's fault for overplaying him and not signing a players, when Klopp gets 2 injuries its fate.

dal

This seems a freak one and I wish him a speedy recovery, looks a player.

But this season is going be a proper Fakin mess.

If we play strong teams in the Fa/league cups, I will be seriously confused.

RedTiger

Half mast

It's like when Rashford or Martial are injured fans will say Ole's fault for overplaying him and not signing a players, when Klopp gets 2 injuries its fate.
Its differant though. We're Man Utd, when we get setbacks we have to deal with them because it's our fault. Everyone else is just really unlucky.

dal

Klopps smart although he wouldn’t have wanted it, he’ll use it in the best way possible and galvanise the team.

DoubleDinhos

Liverpool Fan
:lol: welcome to the world of injuries. I know your defence has taken a hit, but Trent is out for a month (half of which is covered by the next couple of weeks off) and Fabinho is back after the international break as is Thiago. So you've got VvD out for a protracted period and potentially Gomez. Would it be that insane for the current Prem winners to have a good season? Or are you just pumping up the significance of the situation.
We had plenty of injuries last season (Alisson and Fabinho out for months combined) but won despite them so they got underplayed.

How often do teams lose their best player for an entire season, lose their best replacement in the position (potentially for half of the season or more, we'll see what the Gomez news is) and still win the big trophies? I'll admit I can't remember United's injury record over the years but my memory is that such season ending injuries were usually the reason you fell short (Keane in 1997). City two years ago is the only one that comes to mind and that was a) arguably the best squad ever assembled and b) not a totally comparable situation because although De Bruyne missed plenty of games, he still had 19 appearances.

romufc

Its differant though. We're Man Utd, when we get setbacks we have to deal with them because it's our fault. Everyone else is just really unlucky.
Oh yes that one. I heard it somewhere else "you only finished top 3 because other teams had injuries".

Weird that.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Please lets find out that Pickford pulled a VVD special on him.

If he has, I cannot wait for the next Sean promise.

AltiUn

That's not really the point, Gomez and van Dijk are a bigger miss than Jones, Rojo or Bailly. I don't have any sympathy because we've been unusually unlucky with injuries in the past.

I'm still going to acknowledge that Liverpool have been unlucky this season, which they have. Just like I acknowledge when we get unlucky with injuries, like last season.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
He's incredibly unlucky when it comes to serious injuries. It's not like Matip who breaks down for a few weeks at a time with muscular issues.

So our back four against Leicester will probably be:

Milner -- Matip -- Fabinho -- Robertson

We have to try and make it to January with Matip fit then sign a CB or two. Tbh I like the look of Rhys Williams based on the few games he's played. Looked very composed against Atalanta considering his age. Nat Phillips is older but I thought Williams looked better based on the little I've seen.

AltiUn

He's incredibly unlucky when it comes to serious injuries. It's not like Matip who breaks down for a few weeks at a time with muscular issues.

So our back four against Leicester will probably be:

Milner -- Matip -- Fabinho -- Robertson

We have to try and make it to January with Matip fit then sign a CB or two. Tbh I like the look of Rhys Williams based on the few games he's played. Looked very composed against Atalanta considering his age. Nat Phillips is older but I thought Williams looked better based on the little I've seen.
With a bit of luck they'll both turn out rubbish and you'll be reduced to conceding 5 or 6 a game indefinitely.

romufc

That's not really the point, Gomez and van Dijk are a bigger miss than Jones, Rojo or Bailly. I don't have any sympathy because we've been unusually unlucky with injuries in the past.

I'm still going to acknowledge that Liverpool have been unlucky this season, which they have. Just like I acknowledge when we get unlucky with injuries, like last season.
Well that is exactly my point. One team who gets injury cant be unlucky then the other team gets injuries and you blame the manager.

Not saying you do that but there are alot of people on here who do.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Wider point, we'll be back to 5 subs in a matter of weeks. And rightfully so. Terrible decision by clubs to get rid of that whilst we demand players go through a jam-packed couple of seasons to keep us distracted from everything.

AltiUn

Well that is exactly my point. One team who gets injury cant be unlucky then the other team gets injuries and you blame the manager.

Not saying you do that but there are alot of people on here who do.
Yeah I get you.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
With a bit of luck they'll both turn out rubbish and you'll be reduced to conceding 5 or 6 a game indefinitely.
We've already done that with Van Dijk in the side so it can't be any worse.

Terminator

What does a potentially serious injury mean? It could literally be anything from a strain to a tear to a break.

cyberman

Liverpool arent winning the league this year, its beyond ridiculous at this point.
Reminds me of when we had our yearly defensive crisis

Last edited:

romufc

Liverpool arent winning the league this year, its beyobd ridiculous at this point.
Reminds me of when we had our yearly defensive crisis
Their attack is too good and consistent.

No other team has an attack that consistent.

They will just outscore teams. play on the break and rip them apart. I think they will win because no other team is good enough

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

Your competition is crap so no miracle required.

cyberman

Their attack is too good and consistent.

No other team has an attack that consistent.

They will just outscore teams. play on the break and rip them apart. I think they will win because no other team is good enough
But they dont over power teams like City and even theyve struggled over the last 18 months when Kompany left. You cant get away with a soft centre in England anymore.
Theyre a well balanced side but they arent so top heavy that they go out outscore sides, its all very controlled and their defence plays a massive part in that.
Look at their form so far this year with a dodgy defence.
And, like VVD, this injury means they cant rotate and these games do not stop coming. Matip is more injury prone than any of them!

hubbuh

We had plenty of injuries last season (Alisson and Fabinho out for months combined) but won despite them so they got underplayed.

How often do teams lose their best player for an entire season, lose their best replacement in the position (potentially for half of the season or more, we'll see what the Gomez news is) and still win the big trophies? I'll admit I can't remember United's injury record over the years but my memory is that such season ending injuries were usually the reason you fell short (Keane in 1997). City two years ago is the only one that comes to mind and that was a) arguably the best squad ever assembled and b) not a totally comparable situation because although De Bruyne missed plenty of games, he still had 19 appearances.
Rubbish! I remember the year City just pipped us to the title in 2012 we had used nearly 40 players and it was only January. Vidic missed the majority of the season, as did Fletcher, Rafael and about half of the bloody squad.