Joe Rogan

Classical Mechanic

Yup. Add Taylor Swift to the list. Even if one of them do it, it would have a huge impact.
The most streamed artists of the last decade on there were

1. Drake
2. Ed Sheeran
3. Post Malone
4. Ariana Grande
5. Eminem

The only heritage act in the top 20 most followed artists on there is Queen. If you look at the top 100 streamed songs of all time on there the only song that features that wasn't written in the 2010s was Bohemian Rhapsody somewhat surprisingly at 24 with 1.7bn streams.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most-streamed_artists_on_Spotify

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most-streamed_songs_on_Spotify

Safe to say that it's the modern music that drives the business.

Last edited:

SirAF

Ageist
I think this clip is worse than the climate model one? :lol:

What adds to the absurdity of all these clips is the tux. He is spouting absolute hot garbage and he's dressed like a kid graduating high school for a podcast. :lol:
feck me :lol: How can anyone think of this guy as an intellectual?

HTG

Supports
Bayern
feck me :lol: How can anyone think of this guy as an intellectual?
Those thinking Peterson is an intellectual are the same who say they are not influenced by Rogan, while explaining to you that masks are useless and the vaccine doesn’t work. They are really stupid people with far too much confidence.

Charlie Foley

Peterson has been getting worse, right? I know it’s easy to say oh he was always like this you just had to notice it…and maybe…but his appearance, articulation, everything seems just all over the place. I remember seeing clips of his class lectures from a few years ago and he seemed far more coherent. Hardly anything earth shatteringly brilliant and always pretty crotchety but mostly comprehensible. Although I did read a transcript of a speech he gave about a dragon in a house and trying to do laundry pretending it’s not there and it was god awful trying to work out what the feck he was trying to say. Is it the Russian drugs or the bizarre diet or what. Or is he just getting further and further out of his wheelhouse. If I ever sit down to watch this interview I might go back and watch his other ones with Rogan- though I remember thinking between the first and second I saw he seemed like way more of a bellend in the second one

Charlie Foley

Those thinking Peterson is an intellectual are the same who say they are not influenced by Rogan, while explaining to you that masks are useless and the vaccine doesn’t work. They are really stupid people with far too much confidence.
That’s the problem with being stupid, you don’t know how much you don’t know!

“although I do not suppose that either of us knows anything really beautiful and good, I am better off than he is – for he knows nothing, and thinks he knows. I neither know nor think I know”

SirAF

Ageist
That’s the problem with being stupid, you don’t know how much you don’t know!

“although I do not suppose that either of us knows anything really beautiful and good, I am better off than he is – for he knows nothing, and thinks he knows. I neither know nor think I know”
Walking embodiments of the Dunning-Kruger effect you might say.

rotherham_red

Isn't Rogen a 9/11 truther?

I vaguely recall him questioning "jet fuel can't melt steel beams" or some nonsense.
Think he was a few years ago, and also thought the moon landings were a hoax until Neil Degrasse Tyson came on his show in 2010ish.

He's just a dumb, impressionable oaf who gets carried away with the arguments of his guests.

cyberman

Think he was a few years ago, and also thought the moon landings were a hoax until Neil Degrasse Tyson came on his show in 2010ish.

He's just a dumb, impressionable oaf who gets carried away with the arguments of his guests.
He believed the moon landing was a hoax, had Neil on who changed his mind until Joe changed it back about two weeks later.
Joe has a reputation of being open minded that honestly isn’t warranted

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
He believed the moon landing was a hoax, had Neil on who changed his mind until Joe changed it back about two weeks later.
Joe has a reputation of being open minded that honestly isn’t warranted
Is this true? A reddit comment:
If you listen to Rogan's recent views on the moon landing, he does not actually believe it was a hoax. He likes to learn about and discuss tons of crazy theories, but he most often states that he doesn't really believe in them. The moon landing is one instance in which he has clearly stated that he doesn't believe in the conspiracy.

cyberman

Is this true? A reddit comment:

Yeah, it’s a pretty famous example of how he sometimes takes on board expert opinions only to fall back into the same thought process in no time.
He does this time and time again. Found his with Askren
Started with saying the conspiracy theory was bullshit to telling Ben look, you can see the strings.
His head is fried. There’s no other excuse

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Yeah, it’s a pretty famous example of how he sometimes takes on board expert opinions only to fall back into the same thought process in no time.
He does this time and time again. Found his with Askren
Started with saying the conspiracy theory was bullshit to telling Ben look, you can see the strings.
His head is fried. There’s no other excuse
Askern is the perfect guy to make Rogan appear vaguely not stupid about various topics.

Tarrou

spotify market cap has lost about $10bn in the last month or so

obviously this is almost all related to the hit the markets and specifically tech stocks have taken

but they must be wondering if the vaccine stuff is having an impact too.. especially now a few artists are joining in the pile on

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Wait a second, I just read Joe Rogan is also a comedian. Is he really? I'm having an imposisble time trying to imagine him being funny.

Always thought his claim to fame was presenting those shit MTV shows and Fear factor.

Tarrou

Wait a second, I just read Joe Rogan is also a comedian. Is he really? I'm having an imposisble time trying to imagine him being funny.

Always thought his claim to fame was presenting those shit MTV shows and Fear factor.
nah, he's not funny

I don't get it either, I imagine the people who find him funny are the same people drinking Carling when there's a selection of Belgian beers on tap

Peter van der Gea

Likes Pineapple on well done Steak
If people want to only regard his podcast as entertainment, then surely his podcasts should have content warnings saying that the podcast is for entertainment only, the discussions are only opinion and not to take medical or scientific advice from. That way he could carry on "entertaining" and the rest of the world would know his guests are chatting bullshit.

Mike Smalling

He was a stand-up comedian and actor before any of the reality shows, UFC gigs and podcasts if I’m not mistaken.
Can’t say I’ve ever seen any of his standup though.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
His stand up is very mediocre. I wouldn’t trouble yourself with it.

Hectic

Supports
30fps

cafecillos

There's nothing more endearing than someone who genuinely makes fun of themselves, so props to good old James :lol:.