g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Joe Rogan

WPMUFC

I think this clip is worse than the climate model one? :lol:

What adds to the absurdity of all these clips is the tux. He is spouting absolute hot garbage and he's dressed like a kid graduating high school for a podcast. :lol:

ExoduS

What is way more dangerous than censorship is people deliberately spreading lies and misinformation on crucial topics in order to make themselves popular (because in most cases it’s literally just that, people knowing how gullible an average person is and trying to capitalize on that).

At school you are not told to ‘make up your mind’ whether 2+2=4 or 2+2=9. If all of a sudden a group of teachers decide to have their own ‘true mathematics’ movement where they start convincing people that they had been lied to all their lives, and 2+2 indeed equals 9, you don’t allow them to continue ‘because freedom of speech’. You don’t let kids to ‘choose’ which mathematics believe, do you?

Everyone who purposefully spreads lies and misinformation on important issues should 100% have their platform taken away and the number of people they can reach limited to the minimum. You can’t let the world become a place where instead of educating people on things which are clear, obvious and proven by science you just allow them to ‘make up their mind’. That is ridiculous and will set us back centuries.
The problem is proving that someone is "deliberately" spreading lies. I genuinely believe that Joe Rogan thinks he is spreading the "truth" or his version of the "truth". I don't think he thinks vaccines are 100% safe and necessary, but wants to cause harm instead.

In my opinion, and I am probably wrong, is that initial hard censorship has done more harm than good. Most people who aggressively questioned mandates to fight COVID got swiftly de-platformed from YouTube and Twitter. Now these "creators" are creating new platforms where they have their nice echo chamber and people that follow them will hear only one story. Facebook just can't stop it as misinformation is spread by millions of people in many languages. Some of my friends posts were deleted by facebook and these people had like 30 friends. To me that was like wtf moment. Is facebook now saving the World by censoring my friend Joe, who said some stupid shit about mask mandates while few beers deep?

I think the right approach is to convince Joe Rogan to stop talking about COVID and COVID vaccines. De-platforming might cause bigger problems. I did not listen entire podcast with Peterson, but it seems they haven't touched COVID stuff at all. However people are angry about conversation about climate change, gender, race etc... etc...

Where should we go in the future? To elect regulatory bodies which will have experts in every area to pre-filter information before it can go to the public? Am I not going to be allowed to talk about football tactics because I don't have UEFA coaching license? Where is the line drawn?

Joe Rogan's crime here is his popularity. There are many average Joes out there spreading misinformation about COVID vaccines and making money, but they are small time. Joe is big time. I can see how CNN is upset where thier pro-vaccine video gets 100k views on YouTube, but Joe's anti-vaccine guests get 10+ million views. It is frustrating.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

Would be nice if more big names followed.

Tarrou

this is great and all but i wish some artists I don't listen to would boycott, like Taylor Swift or Ed Sheeran something

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Has Joe Rogan addressed the complaints? Does he know that he's wrong?

fecking hell, silence everyone.

Doesn’t Rogan deep down just think mass vaccination isn’t a worthwhile thing? We had the head of the UK vaccine program the other week also saying we can’t conceivably continue to vaccinate our entire populations every 4-6 months.
Rogan obviously goes a bit stronger on it, as he does with every view he has, but he’s surely not advocating anyone in a risk group not get vaccinated is he?

big rons sovereign

this is great and all but i wish some artists I don't listen to would boycott, like Taylor Swift or Ed Sheeran something
Ed sheeren should just remove himself entirely. The majority of his music (that I've heard) is just a rip off of other popular songs, not quite enough to get sued but enough to be catchy and familiar.
His appearance in game of thrones, warbling around a campfire was enough to warn me the show was finished as a spectacle.
Plus he looks like a garbage pale kid.

Mike Smalling

Doesn’t Rogan deep down just think mass vaccination isn’t a worthwhile thing? We had the head of the UK vaccine program the other week also saying we can’t conceivably continue to vaccinate our entire populations every 4-6 months.
Rogan obviously goes a bit stronger on it, as he does with every view he has, but he’s surely not advocating anyone in a risk group not get vaccinated is he?
He's not being silenced, FFS. A couple of artists have made a decision about what kind of platform they want to be associated with, and Spotify hasn't reacted. And I guarantee you, if Spotify eventually removes Rogan it will be a business decision - not a political one. And that is not going to happen unless much more high profile artists start pulling their music.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days

That doesn’t sound like Rohan’s specific views, no. In fact that sounds remarkably like your specific views.

That doesn’t sound like Rohan’s specific views, no. In fact that sounds remarkably like your specific views.
The idea that we can’t keep vaccinating entire populations every 4-6 months isn’t my specific view at all, it’s a view shared by a shit load of experts and as I mentioned, even by the head of the UK vaccine program.

Joe Rogan:

”"I'm not an anti-vax person," Rogan said. "I believe they're safe and encourage many people to take them”.

Joe is doubting the point of vaccinating everyone, and going forward we are going to have to do just that.

Silence him though innit, how dare he.

Halftrack

The idea that we can’t keep vaccinating entire populations every 4-6 months isn’t my specific view at all, it’s a view shared by a shit load of experts and as I mentioned, even by the head of the UK vaccine program.

Joe Rogan:

”"I'm not an anti-vax person," Rogan said. "I believe they're safe and encourage many people to take them”.

Joe is doubting the point of vaccinating everyone, and going forward we are going to have to do just that.

Rogan's said young, healthy people shouldn't get the vaccine, he's promoted the use of ivermectin to treat Covid, he's railed against wearing masks, he's hosted several guests who has spouted outright lies about the pandemic without pushing back or asking them to provide proof or sources.

But sure, he just thinks it's unfeasible to keep vaccinating people, you nailed it. Good job.

Suv666

He's said multiple times on the show that if you wear a mask you're a wuss

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days

Joe Rogan:

I didn’t say it’s unique to you. I said you’re projecting your specific view on to him.

fergieisold

I feel like Rogan has always put people on his show and just let them talk about whatever it is they want to talk about. He's been in shit for far right views on his show before and now it's because he's had people on spouting shite about covid vaccines.

I really don't know what the answer is. I think someone said the issue is he's a massive fish...relatively speaking he's not spreading anything like the utter tripe you see on Facebook but he's got such a massive reach maybe he should be a more considered in fact checking.

You could shut him down...but then there are also elements of truth in what is being discussed around the edges. Continued mass vaccination for one, which I suspect will be dropped soon in favour of targeted vaccines for the more vulnerable.

Still waiting for Norway to catch up to Sweden in the infection curve :angel:
Well Finland are now at 81 excess deaths /100,000 (compared to 123 for Sweden) so you can probably in the next year add them to the massive list (26 or so) of European countries that surpassed the country you mention there ;)

Pexbo is maybe right with me here, I’m giving Rogan a bit of slack because his point that 99.9% of young healthy people don’t “need” the vaccine, coupled with the fact that experts are now saying mass vaccination cannot continue much into the future, well those hold plenty of truth.
Some of the other shit mentioned of what he is advocating I have no knowledge of as I probably only listened to 3 of his shows, when the likes of Coxy are on.
As for his views on masks, the recent massive surges in mask wearing countries, and living in a none mask country, well, do they really have a significant effect? It certainly doesn’t appear so. Are we also gonna scrap them soon? Likely.
Are people “pussies” for wearing them? Obviously not, but that’s Rogan, he’s that kind of a bloke, bit of tit and likes to get people riled.

Put it this way, I think his point that young healthy people don’t “need” the vaccine will be a view our health agencies will also be pushing to us within the next two years, so the uproar about it seems a little too ott for me.

Last edited:

HTG

Supports
Bayern
It is immensely funny that the very same people claiming that his audience is smart enough to check information themselves, almost always immediately demonstrate to have fallen heavily for the very same misinformation.

Suv666

It is immensely funny that the very same people claiming that his audience is smart enough to check information themselves, almost always immediately demonstrate to have fallen heavily for the very same misinformation.
They took the notion that you shouldn't trust everything you read to its logical extreme and have stopped reading altogether.

big rons sovereign

If you're taking medical advice from Joe Rogan, then honestly you shouldn't be allowed near any medicines or machinery unsupervised.
It's up there with Dr Google.

RedC

If you're taking medical advice from Joe Rogan, then honestly you shouldn't be allowed near any medicines or machinery unsupervised.
It's up there with Dr Google.
What about the seemingly tailored guest doctors and scientists he regularly has on that are pushing the same info? People aren't only talking about what Joe Rogan himself says here.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Every time this thread is bumped there’s a gaggle of people who come in and say “yeah he’s an idiot and yeah he chats misinformed rubbish and yeah his guests are often unchecked conspiracy loons but I’ve listened to every single episode and I don’t take it seriously, it’s just entertainment!” and it’s like, man, you have some very weird ways of spending your free time.

I joined a David Icke forum once for prospective research for a thing and some mild amusement and that was wildly entertaining… but I didn’t stay on it!

I’m not saying he’s like Icke (though he’s had Alex Jones on whose significantly more maliciously dangerous) but it’s just a really odd mindset.

Last edited:

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
What about the seemingly tailored guest doctors and scientists he regularly has on that are pushing the same info? People aren't only talking about what Joe Rogan himself says here.
This is the essence IMO of the misinformation problem. Actual doctors and such joining in on the grift.

InfiniteBoredom

Saw this old beauty posted on Reddit today, it's an old video but maybe someone hasn't seen it. One clip that perfectly encapsulates the Joe Rogan experience.

‘When did you graduate’
‘It’s on the internet it must be true’

I just can’t…. Must say though, being confidently wrong and aggressively defending it is such an American trait.

Mike Smalling

Saw this old beauty posted on Reddit today, it's an old video but maybe someone hasn't seen it. One clip that perfectly encapsulates the Joe Rogan experience.

Joe had discovered a new monkey. Noone was about to take that from him.

Eplel

I don't think there's a single salvagable thing about this man.

a)Joe Rogan as a person
He's the least interesting personality to be considered a personality. His only opinion is "dude weed", which is ok, not gonna dictate opinions here, but being opinionated on weed screams boring personality. Also, he's a huge hypocrite.

b)Joe Rogan as a stand up comedian
He's a stool humper, which is even worse than being a female stand up comedian with multiple specials on netflix because your uncle is a senator. The only comedian who has managed to be worse, is his godchild Brendan Schaub.

c)Joe Rogan as a podcaster/host
He is exactly the type of person that in the 80s/90s would welcome a pyramid scheme seller into his living room and buy their entire stock. A grifter's paradise. Not to say that he hasn't had interesting guests (i guess you can accidentally make an omelette if you crack a billion trillion eggs), but most of his guests are there to promote their book, website, etc. On top of JR having zero screening process of who will he host, he also shows zero intent to challenge the horseshit they often spout. If you can impress Joe with a statement, he'll 100% believe it.

d)Joe Rogan as a media/news outlet
JR at this point is bigger than most US tv channels in terms of viewership. That should come with some oversight (this is an ideal scenario, we all know that tv news and their oversight is corrupt as shit). Or in any case, Joe Rogan needs to have some more self awareness, and understand the implications of spreading bs with no afterthought. I could forgive a, b and c, on account of I could just ignore his existence and never be bothered with him, but d takes JR into the dangerous territory.

Epilogue: Joe Rogan is obviously anti-mainstream, which I think in today's world can be a virtue, but at the same time it's a powerful weapon (it is the main reason imo that Trump managed to become president). JR is an anti-mainstream bullshitter, but he could have been so much more. My critique of JR does not absolve his opposite, the mainstream media, of the their shittiness either. I'm just really disappointed that the US world is caught up in a pissing contest between those two, while good, respectable and trustworthy voices are drowned in the piss.

Withnail

Ed sheeren should just remove himself entirely. The majority of his music (that I've heard) is just a rip off of other popular songs, not quite enough to get sued but enough to be catchy and familiar.
His appearance in game of thrones, warbling around a campfire was enough to warn me the show was finished as a spectacle.
Plus he looks like a garbage pale kid.
That was the worst

kps88

Im not sure any of the heritage acts really do important numbers for them. If Drake, Adele, Ed Sheeran & The Weeknd made a stand it might have an effect.
Yup. Add Taylor Swift to the list. Even if one of them do it, it would have a huge impact.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

I think this clip is worse than the climate model one? :lol:

What adds to the absurdity of all these clips is the tux. He is spouting absolute hot garbage and he's dressed like a kid graduating high school for a podcast. :lol:

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
I doubt that Spotify even care if Neil Young and Barry Manilow leave their platform. But what if someone like Paul McCartney or Willie Nelson decided to follow suit? Would Spotify even care? I think it would need a mass exodus of subscribers for them to even consider dropping JRE.
I think Neil young is miles better than Willie Nelson ffs