Joe Rogan

Kinsella

Copy & Paste Merchant
He has a massive audience and as such massive influence. He's not in the schoolyard. Mitigation with he's "humble" or not very bright or criticism is just begrudgery, or 'saying racist things doesn't make you a racist' just doesn't wash in the glare of popularity as big as his.
You're misrepresenting what I said.

I didn't refer to Rogan as 'humble', I used that in reference to the video he uploaded to Instagram the other day. And I didn't say that all criticism of him is just 'begrudgery'. I stated that it forms part of the criticism, or to be more exact - that it explains part of the overall criticism. All just my humble opinion of course. ;)

After all, as Raoul indicated a few pages back - a lot of threads in the CE section are established to dunk on various people. In other words they're set up to attract negative posting.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
You're misrepresenting what I said.

I didn't refer to Rogan as 'humble', I used that in reference to the video he uploaded to Instagram the other day. And I didn't say that all criticism of him is just 'begrudgery'. I stated that it forms part of the criticism, or to be more exact - that it explains part of the overall criticism. All just my humble opinion of course. ;)

After all, as Raoul indicated a few pages back - a lot of threads in the CE section are established to dunk on various people. In other words they're set up to attract negative posting.
Yes, but still no actual defence of what he says or the effect of what he says has. All a vague dismissal of the premises of the criticism.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Also some threads are just slam dunks because it's so obviously indefensible.

Like the Jimmy Carr Holocaust joke even has grey areas that stop it being a slam dunk.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
Oh boy, I see the birth of a myth...

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
as usual the great open and public discourse is what sharpens our ossified minds

Tarrou

edit: spoilering cos it's massive

Yang deleted it, I presume after everyone told him how stupid it was

Charlie Foley

Absolutely crazy looking back. I had forgotten all about it but I watched this episode when it came out. I remember feeling really down after it, like a “this is definitely a long haul situation” feeling. I keep forgetting lately just how long ago it started.

Is it just me or is Peterson getting worse? He seems a few screws looser these days.
No, I’ve felt the same. He’s definitely getting worse
I'll gladly make fun of crying men if they are crying about Jesus.

:lol: :lol:
comparing/contrasting Christianity with earlier mythologies could actually be a very interesting discussion too…and then he has a wobbly right in the middle:lol:

Vialli_92

Supports
Juventus
Saying the N word is not racist, it all depends on context and how it's being used. The planet of the apes reference however is racist and even if he meant it as a joke it was in poor taste so no defence for that one.

Problem with cancel culture is people are being cancelled for stuff said years ago which nobody cared about at all at that time but fast forward a few years and now it's not relevant in today's society.

Everybody has skeletons in their closet so nobody is innocent especially in Hollywood.

cyberman

Saying the N word is not racist, it all depends on context and how it's being used. The planet of the apes reference however is racist and even if he meant it as a joke it was in poor taste so no defence for that one.

Problem with cancel culture is people are being cancelled for stuff said years ago which nobody cared about at all at that time but fast forward a few years and now it's not relevant in today's society.

Everybody has skeletons in their closet so nobody is innocent especially in Hollywood.
Nope, it’s racist. Edge lord racist. There’s a clip of Rogan daring a guest to say it and laughing his ass off when he does. There’s no respect behind the history of the word, it’s a meat head who got too comfortable with casual racism.
I mean there’s year and years of shows where he constantly talks about the size of black athletes penises (alongside Schaub, nothing iffy there)

Posh Red

I’m pretty sure that plenty of people had a problem with racism when all these clips were recorded. Wouldn’t you agree? To say people didn’t care at all is just completely false.

Vialli_92

Supports
Juventus
I’m pretty sure that plenty of people had a problem with racism when all these clips were recorded. Wouldn’t you agree? To say people didn’t care at all is just completely false.
Yes but now he's trying to be cancelled years later. If it was such a problem when he said this stuff at the time why was he not trying to be cancelled then?

Of course he has said dumb stuff and racist stuff but just posting a video of the N word without context in how he's saying it is not accurate to being racist in my opinion.

It's just an attempt to cancel him after the misinformation attempt backfired and Spotify had his back in my opinion.

Denis79

It is racist, it is a word that was coined by slave-owners and slave-traders. It is pejorative, a word that is meant to insult and degrade.

KingCavani

The Republicans are going to absolutely landslide the next election.

The obsession with Rogan is pathetic. Calling out the disinformation is fair as it’s current and actually causing harm but going back over a decade through old shows that have been out there publicly since to play word police?

It just shows the desperation to bring him down. Hilariously Alex Jones brought all of this shit to attention years ago when he was going after Joe Rogan in their brief dispute and no one gave a shit because the source was a nutjob. It’s so blatantly convenient to pile on him now. Lazy, cowardly, pathetic and people aren’t stupid enough to be fooled by it.

The Firestarter

The obsession with Rogan is pathetic. Calling out the disinformation is fair as it’s current and actually causing harm but going back over a decade through old shows that have been out there publicly since to play word police?

It just shows the desperation to bring him down. Hilariously Alex Jones brought all of this shit to attention years ago when he was going after Joe Rogan in their brief dispute and no one gave a shit because the source was a nutjob. It’s so blatantly convenient to pile on him now. Lazy, cowardly, pathetic and people aren’t stupid enough to be fooled by it.
This post is so over the place. What's Joe Rogan having to do with a Republican "landslide"?

And :
Lazy, cowardly, pathetic and people aren’t stupid enough to be fooled by it.
:lol:

Vialli_92

Supports
Juventus
Inappropriate Behavior
It is racist, it is a word that was coined by slave-owners and slave-traders. It is pejorative, a word that is meant to insult and degrade.
Slave owners were also black, black people also use the word. So black people are racist as well for using it?

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Every five pages or so in a thread like this, someone enters determined to make the worst point possible. I see it’s that time again.

Suv666

Slave owners were also black, black people also use the word. So black people are racist as well for using it?
Average Joe Rogan fan. Big Brain Time.

Its funny how the free speech warriors like to portray themselves as the wall between authoritarianism and democracy but 99% of the time they are seen moaning about how saying the n-word is okay.

Suv666

The people who care about Rogan are already voting Republican.

nimic

something nice
Scout

I like how you're using "word police", like it's actually fine to say the n-word. Actions (and words) have consequences, and if you go around saying the n-word you will be called out on it.

Not entirely sure what you mean with the rest of your post. What desperation? By whom? What's the "convenience"? It seems like you're just throwing out vaguely conspiratorial words and hoping they stick.

The thing is, Rogan wasn't 14 when he said these things, or even 20. He was, what, in his thirties? Forties even? And this wasn't a one-time thing either, this was a fully grown man repeatedly saying racist things.

Shout out to your pre-emptive "this is why Trump won". It seems like you're more concerned about people calling out racism than the actual racism itself.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
I like how you're throwing "word police" out there like it's actually fine to say the n-word. Turns out your actions (and words) have consequences, and if you go around saying the n-word you will be called out on it.

Not entirely sure what you mean with the rest of your post. What desperation? By whom? What's the "convenience"? It seems like you're just throwing out vaguely conspiratorial words and hoping they stick.

The thing is, Rogan wasn't 14 when he said these things, or even 20. He was, what, in his thirties? Forties even? And this wasn't a one-time thing either, this was a fully grown man repeatedly saying racist things.
But we won't be fooled by it though. We will do our own analysis and come to the correct conclusion that expressing support for Spotify taking Joe Rogan off its platform is the final death knell on the long and storied fight for free speech[/QUOTE]

Denis79

But we won't be fooled by it though. We will do our own analysis and come to the correct conclusion that expressing support for Spotify taking Joe Rogan off its platform is the final death knell on the long and storied fight for free speech
[/QUOTE]
:lol:

Vialli_92

Supports
Juventus
What are the situations in which using the n-word is okay?
I personally don't use it I don't feel good when I have said the word before so I don't like the word at all. I don't think anyone should use it even black people shouldn't say it imo.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
I personally don't use it I don't feel good when I have said the word before so I don't like the word at all. I don't think anyone should use it even black people shouldn't say it imo.
Why shouldn't people use it in your opinion?

Denis79

That tells you something about the word. I would argue that It is in it's essence a word meant to dehumanize.

Smithy89

Never understood the love for him, thinks he is way more intelligent than he actually is, who loves a bit of forcing his opinion and views down peoples throats a. I do enjoy his opinions on MMA and boxing with that being said.

Ladron de redcafe

Talk about a laughable post :lol: You seem genuinely emotional that people are calling out racism, for some reason. "pathetic, cowardly". Cry me a river, mate.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
I'd like to ask the "it depends on the context" crowd, why don't you go around using the word when the the context is right?

Raoul

Admin
Staff
edit: spoilering cos it's massive

Yang deleted it, I presume after everyone told him how stupid it was

Yang appears to be quite the grifter, almost approaching Tulsi Gabbard levels. All of these people are groveling at Rogan's alter to ensure they continue getting invited onto the show to use his platform to amplify their own nonsense.

Botim

Supports
Royal Antwerp FC
There is a very long list of public figures who are on tape using the n-word. From Joe Biden to Ricky Gervais.

I don't think that's the main reason people are going after JR, although he does really seem to enjoy saying it.

Irwin99

I steer clear of all this crap but I've noticed Rogan fans tend to be a bit obsessive- i saw comments saying that Neil Young and Joni Mitchell won't be remembered in 30 years whereas Joe Rogan will :lol:

...although knowing our culture and the way it's going that might be true :( The people who wrote Heart of Gold and Big Yellow Taxi consigned to oblivion while a talk s*it polemicist is held up as somehow worthwhile.