Joe Rogan

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Yeah, full exclusivity from next year for both audio and video versions. YouTube will probably push one of many other podcasts too try replace him but the traffic and ad revenue he generates for them must be monumental if that is the figure being offered by Spotify.
He's pretty much maxed out what he can do on YouTube without monetizing any further, which seems like what this is all about. Surprised the likes of HBO or another similar network didn't pick him up.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I’d really like someone who isn’t him to approach a lot of the people and subjects he talks about.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
He's pretty much maxed out what he can do on YouTube without monetizing any further, which seems like what this is all about. Surprised the likes of HBO or another similar network didn't pick him up.
I don't think the format would work on HBO, they would probably want to limit the conversations down to 60-90 minutes, some of the better Rogan's can be 150-180 minutes. I imagine they were in contact though.

Charles Miller

Some of his podcats were excellent, to be fair. But in general he is causing a huge damage in the long term, providing a plataforma to a fauna of pseudointellectuals and conmen to convince people that, in a world of wars, famine, epidemics, poverty and destruction of nature, in this world, some "radicalized" college teen in the United States, engaged in gender studies, are the major threat we face in our life time.

SirAF

Ageist
Some of his podcats were excellent, to be fair. But in general he is causing a huge damage in the long term, providing a plataforma to a fauna of pseudointellectuals and conmen to convince people that, in a world of wars, famine, epidemics, poverty and destruction of nature, in this world, some "radicalized" college teen in the United States, engaged in gender studies, are the major threat we face in our life time.
Completely agree. On a side note I find this deal a little disappointing since I don’t use Spotify but I haven’t been listening to Rogan religiously so I guess I’ll live!

cyberman

Hes turned into a Corona denying, Trump supporter.
Its the wrong time for Joe to move. The podcast is already under fire for the direction its taken and now its moving to a single, buggy app with limited Youtube exposure

Rooney1987

I've not listened to his show in a while, I sometimes catch clips of his show when I get recommended on YouTube, always tends to be some far right opinionist telling me how shit feminism or woke culture is. Which I know is more to do with YouTube algorithm, you watch 1 video of Candice Owens on his show getting embarrassed on climate change it's all I get recommended on YouTube.

Spotify has 350 million users with 150 of those premium looking at those numbers you'd assume he'll be fine but I'd like to know how many actually use the podcast side of it. I've been on premium for 6 years and never used the podcast side of it.

RUCK4444

Don’t watch his podcast, I thought he was just a UFC commentator / expert!?

WTF does his opinion on anything else count for?

Drifter

American
He's "controversial" like Howard Stern. That's about it i guess.

OleBoiii

He has some insane opinions, clear biases and annoying habits. And like many other hosts he interrupts too much and seem to like the sound of his own voice. Still, I've probably seen at least 50 hours of content combined by now :lol:

When he has actual experts or interesting people on his podcast and he shuts up and let them talk, then it doesn't get much better as far as podcasts go. Matthew Walker talking about the importance of sleep is a great example of this.

The best part about the format is his ability to get his guests to relax and speak their(seemingly) true opinions. I've never been a big fan of talkshows, but I especially can't stand them now after "seeing the light". Conan is pretty funny, though.

Last edited:

Raoul

Admin
Staff

He started out as a comedian and UFC commentator, but is now known for his podcast... which is apparently the most watched podcast in the world.

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
He started out as a comedian and UFC commentator, but is now known for his podcast... which is apparently the most watched podcast in the world.
My podcast is the next big thing you'll see.

Charlie Foley

You could say that about all of us really.

I think it’s more the opinion of his guests.

Charlie Foley

He has some insane opinions, clear biases and annoying habits. And like many other hosts he interrupts too much and seem to like the sound of his own voice. Still, I've probably seen at least 50 hours of content combined by now :lol:

When he has actual experts or interesting people on his podcast and he shuts up and let them talk, then it doesn't get much better as far as podcasts go. Matthew Walker talking about the importance of sleep is a great example of this.

The best part about the format is his ability to get his guests to relax and speak their(seemingly) true opinions. I've never been a big fan of talkshows, but I especially can't stand them now after "seeing light". Conan is pretty funny, though.
Conan is the man but he’s much better at just letting people go. Bill Burr on Conan is brilliant stuff

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Conan is the man but he’s much better at just letting people go. Bill Burr on Conan is brilliant stuff
The big difference is how long Rogan gets with these people compared to Conan.

redshaw

I prefer the video format on youtube but I guess most listen to the audio still. Not a big loss for me, maybe the odd one will get uploaded to YT or something that I can catch before getting deleted.

He's had Michael Osterholm and Dr Hotez on recently, didn't come across as corona denying, the opposite in fact. Sure it's the same person?

Last edited:

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
The alt-right tag is just a lazy generalisation thrown by people who hardly watch him.

I'm not a huge fan but he has a range of people from across the spectrum and his MO: sit back, let them talk, bring up DMT never really changes. It's the reason guests get comfortable and open up, which is more productive than going full-Paxman and just seeing them bottled up and on the defensive.

Tiber

Its the wrong time for Joe to move. The podcast is already under fire for the direction its taken and now its moving to a single, buggy app with limited Youtube exposure
Its the wrong time to be paid one hundred million dollars to use a different website?

cyberman

I prefer the video format on youtube but I guess most listen to the audio still. Not a big loss for me, maybe the odd one will get uploaded to YT or something that I can catch before getting deleted.

He's had Michael Osterholm and Dr Hotez on recently, didn't come across as corona denying, the opposite in fact. Sure it's the same person?

He has gone off the deep end on it. The last fight companion is a particular disgrace.

cyberman

Its the wrong time to be paid one hundred million dollars to use a different website?
I mean the wrong time to expect his entire audience to switch over to Spotify. Theres a lot of unrest in his fanbase as of late

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
As a casual MMA fan his expertise on commentary amounts to shouting "OOOH! HE'S HURT!" and being wrong about that person being hurt 80% of the time.

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
Yeah, except for he didn't.

His stance is that corona is not as bad as they say it is. And he's correct. The media is sensationalizing covid numbers and hospitals are incentivized to report more covid deaths.

Also how is spotify buggy? You using a 2007 smartphone? Works flawlessly for me and it's the biggest audio platform in the world that just keeps getting bigger. The future will be on Spotify for podcasts.

Suedesi

I think he's become stale - he keeps having some amazing guests only to spend 30 minutes whining about how he can't eat out or talking about the exact same shit over and over and over again. He's kinda lost touch with people outside his circle. Happens to all comedians (once they make $$$ they're never as funny) so to be expected.

Suedesi

Now listen to these guests below and tell me on which podcast did you learn more:

https://peterattiamd.com/michaelosterholm/

https://peterattiamd.com/peterhotez/
https://peterattiamd.com/peterhotez2/

Dan_F

As a casual MMA fan his expertise on commentary amounts to shouting "OOOH! HE'S HURT!" and being wrong about that person being hurt 80% of the time.
I can understand why people get annoyed by his commentary, but he is clearly an expert of the sport. There’s hardly any commentators nowadays, in any sports, that people won’t slam. It must be so hard to commentate for that long without starting to repeat yourself.

Fair play to him, he’s built it up from nothing, why wouldn’t you take that cash. I don’t really listen much anymore, only when I go on the podcast app and see a good guest, maybe a couple a month. Once it goes from there I doubt I’ll check Spotify, as my brain just registers that as music.

cyberman

Yeah, except for he didn't.

His stance is that corona is not as bad as they say it is. And he's correct. The media is sensationalizing covid numbers and hospitals are incentivized to report more covid deaths.

Also how is spotify buggy? You using a 2007 smartphone? Works flawlessly for me and it's the biggest audio platform in the world that just keeps getting bigger. The future will be on Spotify for podcasts.
The podcast section is buggy as feck and the interface is the worst available of any podcast app.
I dont even know where to start with his covid shit. Theres a difference between downplaying the virus and telling us social distancing is a joke, everything should be reopened, only the out of shape die from it, going to a sauna keeps you safe, fecking hest shock proteins.
There isnt any difference between Joe and those out protesting the streets for reopening.
His complaining about Corona virus measures has taken over his podcast.

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
The podcast section is buggy as feck and the interface is the worst available of any podcast app.
I dont even know where to start with his covid shit. Theres a difference between downplaying the virus and telling us social distancing is a joke, everything should be reopened, only the out of shape die from it, going to a sauna keeps you safe, fecking hest shock proteins.
There isnt any difference between Joe and those out protesting the streets for reopening.
His complaining about Corona virus measures has taken over his podcast.
He never said social distancing is a joke. Can you find me one podcast he said that? With Dr. Rhonda Patrick he just said social distancing is good, but that we should allow people to be given a choice on whether to be locked down or not.. what's wrong with that? And he didn't say going to a sauna keeps you safe.. he said it helps with your immune system - which it does. Do you even listen to the podcasts or do you have your mind made up from the get go?

Sweet Square

He never said social distancing is a joke. Can you find me one podcast he said that? With Dr. Rhonda Patrick he just said social distancing is good, but that we should allow people to be given a choice on whether to be locked down or not.. what's wrong with that? And he didn't say going to a sauna keeps you safe.. he said it helps with your immune system - which it does. Do you even listen to the podcasts or do you have your mind made up from the get go?
I think it's this clip