Joey Barton | Does a Schteve

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
There's something about this twat that makes me warm to him - weird, might just be pity.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
I think this "french accent" is a bit over the top. It's no Schteve thats for sure.

It's there but it just sounds like he is trying to make himself clear to the french journalists, and he keeps slipping back into his 'pool accent

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Maybe Joey has adopted the french accent to get laid... certainly more attractive and more likely to get laid that with the horrible dutch one!

Ringo 07

Classic stuff. To be honest I laughed a lot louder at this then with the Schteve McClaren interview from a couple of years ago......You'd think Barton was from Paris and was speaking broken English form the way he talkes.....It makes him look like a prized knob but.......lets admit it.....we've all been guilty of saying the odd work with a foreign accent twang by accident when we've been abroad and luckily gotten away with it!!

Ryan's Beard

Probably doesn't have a career as a comedian
we've all been guilty of saying the odd work with a foreign accent twang by accident when we've been abroad and luckily gotten away with it!!

I find myself doing it by accident from time to time, if everyone I've spoken to says a word a particular way I end up slipping into "mispronouncing" it that way to try and make it easier for people to understand....:lol:

No way I'd "accidentally" do a full interview though, what's he doing the knob.

misterredmist

When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they are hoping that Joey Barton will be thrown into the sea.....

Adebesi

I think it is fair enough to be honest. I imagine some French hacks would struggle with a Scouse accent, but I cant imagine any of them had any trouble understanding what he was saying here. Nowhere near as funny as the McLaren one when he was at Twente.

NinjaFletch

I do this all the time when I go abroad.

Maybe not with the accent, but I do talk in sentence fragments and say things that I never would to a natural speaker.

That and I talk German to people that I know can't speak it in order to get away from them, e.g. Club Reps in Magaluf.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
He's not happy about an article Martin Samuel wrote.

Gay hero? Surely there's only one man to herald football's watershed moment... step forward Joey Barton

Could just one footballer please come out and be gay, so everybody can be really cool about it and the sport can get on with its life? Just one, it’s not much to ask surely?
Football is beginning to sound a little desperate with its pleading. Rugby, cricket, they’ve all had their gay watershed moment.

And until football does, too, it will continue to be presumed that the sport has not evolved enough to handle male homosexuality.
(Hope Powell, the manager of England’s women, has been openly gay for years, without comment, yet that does not seem to count.)
The gay pressure group, Stonewall, has called again for football to tackle its ‘culture of fear’, while Anders Lindegaard, the Manchester United goalkeeper, has said that football needs a ‘gay hero’.
So here’s a thought. Joey Barton continues his quest for intellectual and social respectability. Why not come out as gay?

Instant credibility, instant respect, untouchable by the Football Association or future employers. His past misdeeds mentally reprocessed and explained.
‘Well, of course he put his cigar out in that bloke’s face, Gary. He was a tortured soul, forced to live a lie.’
And imagine the new material. A never-ending treasure trove for Barton’s Twitter feed: Alexander the Great, Leonardo da Vinci, Oscar Wilde, Lady Bunny.
And, let’s face it, with that new accent, he’s probably halfway there.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ls-gay-hero--Martin-Samuel.html#ixzz2ECPX941I
Barton's response:

I will probably have to sue. I don't really need the money or the hassle. So I offer this as a olive branch.
Actually, no. Theres no olive branch. Enough's enough.
I've put a call in to colleagues of Martin's asking him to call me and explain his piece and his homophobia in general.
I shall wait for his retort before I decide what to do. Its actually a disgusting piece. That says more about him and his outlook.
Such a strange article to write.

Brophs

The One and Only
It's a rubbish article with no discernible point, motivated by spite from what I can see. That said the only reason he has to be pissed off is because he's obviously needlessly taking the piss out of him.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Provocative article in the Daily Mail serves no purpose and is purportedly homophobic shock!

Barton's overreacting but it's odd since Samuel is usually a very good writer, and it's a complete nonsense piece.

Laphroaig

Did they actually print that nonsense? It doesn't get much more pathetic and juvenile than that there. But yeah, it's the Mail. Samuel must've really sold his soul.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
As much as I think Barton is an idiot wtf are those journos all about now. They walk about thinking they have the right to comment their opinion on everything that happens. Just write it as it happens and print the opinions of football people not interested on what you have to say. I can't take much more of Sunday supplement with the journos with hair bands stupid scarves and dyed hair they are the vainest bunch of all.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
Anyone else seeing the huge twitter row he's having with Didi Hamann at the mo? Hamann destroyed him and now Barton's coming out with all kinds of stuff about drugs etc.

Aporkalypse

Anyone else seeing the huge twitter row he's having with Didi Hamann at the mo? Hamann destroyed him and now Barton's coming out with all kinds of stuff about drugs etc.
It got RT'd into my timeline so I went and had a look for myself. Barton was eviscerated, I am expecting to hear reports of him going out and taking it out on a poor random Frenchman in Marseille.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
Barton is a disgusting human being, some of the things he's said are outrageous.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool

An Irish Red

Courtesy of rawk;

Didi Hamann @DietmarHamann
Joseph I won't get personal as Twitter is not the place to do that but don't think you are bigger than you are

1h Joseph Barton @Joey7Barton
@DietmarHamann trying to give me stick you cheeky man. Get your own life in order first... #peopleinglasshouses

1h Didi Hamann @DietmarHamann
@joey7barton I never said a bad word about my ex clubs and I never will as that's called respect and dignity Joseph .You got a lot to learn

@DietmarHamann only cos your trying your b*llocks off to get a job now your skint. Don't try a be all self righteous u blert. I know u!

@joey7barton My life was in order well before yours you should light a candle for Fernandes and Llambias every day for paying you that money

@DietmarHamann i put the graft in mate. Not playing poker online and smoking biffas night before the game. I wouldnt let u manage a pet shop

@joey7barton Never forget who pays and paid your wages my friend how you dare having a go at Llambias and Fernandes England international

Joseph Barton @Joey7Barton
@DietmarHamann like being a family man. Being honest. Being loyal. Being a man. Being able to look at yourself in the mirror. Can u do that?

@joey7barton Yes I do look in the mirror. I made mistakes but don't forget where you come from.Dont bite the hand off that feeds you

@DietmarHamann don't be getting all self righteous. If I were you i'd think twice about trying to be clever or giving ANYBODY stick.

Joseph I won't get personal as Twitter is not the place to do that but don't think you are bigger than you are

@DietmarHamann before you get fully emptied out publicly, you blert. You've got my number. You know where to find me 24/7

@joey7barton No problem Joseph lets see each other in 5 years I hope I don't have to go to Walton #prison

@DietmarHamann you'll probably need a loan for your bus fare there! #skabint

@joey7barton You said you want to boil burglars alive last week ..get a grip son and concentrate on your football ...England international

@DietmarHamann champions leagues medals don't make ** wife or kids respect u. ** life like a car crash mate. Sort ** own house out!

36m Didi Hamann @DietmarHamann
@joey7barton The medals won't make my kids respect me but im not prepared to punch a child in the face in McDonald's for them to respect me

@DietmarHamann what a player u where. Now ** just a washed up coke head... #jogon u skint knobhead

Sniffed and gambled all your dough. What a waste. Left kids and wife, cos u pulled a young bird. Tragic. Now do one Tourette's face!

Didi HamannVerified @DietmarHamann
@joey7barton I love a pint but never took drugs in my life be careful what you say England international #dontgetangryjoseph

@DietmarHamann i know all about u and ** firm of cronies mate. Buy and sell u all till the cow's come home. I'll leave u now, its al'arse...

I won't be engaging with ***-loyal, glue sniffers anymore. Say what he wants from now on. I'll see him when I see him... #smallworld

22m Didi Hamann @DietmarHamann
@joey7barton I let the people judge Joseph it seems to me you got a lot of anger in you #englandinternational

@DietmarHamann only for dogs... #dialaloan

20m Didi Hamann @DietmarHamann
@joey7barton I'm happy to see you anytime Joseph and I'll tell you the same thing as last time my friend I've not given up on you

@DietmarHamann for one, you have never been a friend of mine. Don't make the mistake of being an acquaintance. As before 365 24/7

Disappointed in myself for getting involved in that. But never let a dog try to tell u its not a dog an that u are! A dogs a fecking dog...

18m Didi Hamann @DietmarHamann
@joey7barton I'm chuffed to be a dog in your eyes ...i hope you can look in the mirror tomorrow

My New Years resolution right out the fecking window as well...

12m Didi Hamann @DietmarHamann
@joey7barton Never mind a new year resolution Joseph as long as you won't change the world won't #2capwonder

Football is struggling as punters can't afford watching games and you come out and blast former employers of yours ...Joey you are a bright

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
I hope his pile of Penguin Camus books falls on him.

Devil1

BRANDED: Part Time dipper supporter
Can he possibly make a bigger tit of himself!

SteveJ

Scout
My New Years resolution right out the fecking window as well...

FriedrichNietzsche1 @FredNietzsche
I wish you'd fecking join it

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Tourette's face, slagging him off about car crash and his wife leaving him. What a classy lad is joey.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
What did Hamann say to Barton to get him that riled up?

feck me.
Barton slagging off Newcastle for missing out on Remy. Hamann reminding him that Newcastle paid him lots of cash. (Most of which while he was in jail)

SteveJ

Scout
It's always unfair, these verbal battles when one has such a problem with the language. Feel bad for Barton.
Only Joey Barton can get the people of England to take the side of a German.
:lol:

(Quoted from the TLW forum)

buckooo1978

Barton is a vile person

always goes for the jugular with his verbal attacks

Hamann really shouldnt lower himself