Joey Barton | Does a Schteve

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
I'm not interested in talking about the game, the result or the referee. Because I don't care. My only point in this thread is that, as Pauldyson said, Barton will never change. Which you seem to have takn objection with.

As for your hypothetical scenario then yes I'd be fuming at my perceived injustice however I'd also be condemning Scholes for making such a stupid challenge just minutes after being booked.

Proud_Lyon

Banned Cnut
I'm not interested in talking about the game, the result or the referee. Because I don't care. My only point in this thread is that, as Pauldyson said, Barton will never change. Which you seem to have takn objection with.

As for your hypothetical scenario then yes I'd be fuming at my perceived injustice however I'd also be condemning Scholes for making such a stupid challenge just minutes after being booked.
Barton hasn't changed, we know that. Pauldyson seems to think that his sending off had some bearing on the result which is a load of balls. I watched the match, and Nancy dominated from start to finish and could have scored 5, Marseille were that bad.

Carl

Well this has all been very pointless in that case. I thought you were taking issue with him saying Barton hadn't changed... :lol:

pauldyson1uk

Barton hasn't changed, we know that. Pauldyson seems to think that his sending off had some bearing on the result which is a load of balls. I watched the match, and Nancy dominated from start to finish and could have scored 5, Marseille were that bad.
I will admit I did not watch the match, but the point I was making but badly was, on a yellow card just or not, you should not be getting another yellow card with 5 mins.

Proud_Lyon

Banned Cnut
Well this has all been very pointless in that case. I thought you were taking issue with him saying Barton hadn't changed... :lol:
:lol:

You got all in a huff for nothing it seems. All I can say is this, he has changed his game, but was unfortunate to get a yellow card for a foul that didn't exist. However, he was stupid for committing a tackle 5 minutes later. That part of him hasn't changed.

Carl

Seemed to be you that was in the huff PL... ;)

Proud_Lyon

Banned Cnut
I will admit I did not watch the match, but the point I was making but badly was, on a yellow card just or not, you should not be getting another yellow card with 5 mins.
My issue with you is that you categorically gave an opinion on a match that you didn't watch. I watched it last night and Nancy were all over Marseille like a rash, with or without Barton. Gignac and Valbuena were rubbish, the Ayew brothers were terrible and it should have been 5-0 to Nancy. As far as the midfield and defenders are concerned, the space was incredible, the midfielders and defenders are so close that Mandanda was left in terrible situations. I felt sorry for him last night.

pauldyson1uk

My issue with you is that you categorically gave an opinion on a match that you didn't watch. I watched it last night and Nancy were all over Marseille like a rash, with or without Barton. Gignac and Valbuena were rubbish, the Ayew brothers were terrible and it should have been 5-0 to Nancy. As far as the midfield and defenders are concerned, the space was incredible, the midfielders and defenders are so close that Mandanda was left in terrible situations. I felt sorry for him last night.
Like I said guilty has charged, should not of added the cost them the match bit.

Baxter

Especially funny that Ibra scored both goals in a 2-0 win for PSG. Barton making himself look like a total muppet again.

Oggmonster

Especially funny that Ibra scored both goals in a 2-0 win for PSG. Barton making himself look like a total muppet again.
I'm sure there's plenty of times a United player has called someone a cnut or something and the player they've said it to has gone on to score, I doubt Barton is the only one to do something like this. I don't see the problem with it, it will happen every game like I said, Zlatan scoring hardly matters either (he'd already scored 1 at the time anyway so I doubt Barton cared.) Just seems this one has been brought up cos it's Barton.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
No problem with this, but it is typical Barton.

I'm always right

I'm sure there's plenty of times a United player has called someone a cnut or something and the player they've said it to has gone on to score, I doubt Barton is the only one to do something like this. I don't see the problem with it, it will happen every game like I said, Zlatan scoring hardly matters either (he'd already scored 1 at the time anyway so I doubt Barton cared.) Just seems this one has been brought up cos it's Barton.
Or it's been brought up because plenty of people have a go at each other on the pitch, but not so many make an obvious spectacle of it like Barton, he was being a complete cnut and knew the watching World would see his gestures about Zlatan's nose.

And of course Zlatan scoring matters, cause it's like "keep talking dickhead, I'll keep my big nose and I'll keep winning league after league whilst you desperately seek attention on twitter."

Oggmonster

Or it's been brought up because plenty of people have a go at each other on the pitch, but not so many make an obvious spectacle of it like Barton, he was being a complete cnut and knew the watching World would see his gestures about Zlatan's nose.

And of course Zlatan scoring matters, cause it's like "keep talking dickhead, I'll keep my big nose and I'll keep winning league after league whilst you desperately seek attention on twitter."
Maybe you're right or maybe he's just doing what most footballers will do and it's been caught on camera and people closely analyse everything he does because of who he is. I don't particularly care for Barton but I don't see this as a big deal, he was pissed off with something and looking at the whole video it looks like Ibrahimovic is moaning he got hit in the nose and is complaining at Barton so it's hardly surprising he brought the nose up. I seriously doubt Ibrahimovic lost any sleep over it.

My point is Barton knew about Zlatan scoring as he'd already scored so I don't see how it matters in context to this at all? He's done the scoring already, albeit he scored again but I doubt it was because of this. It'd be a bit rich for Ibrahimovic to moan about someone else talking as well, he comes out with some new quote every week.

I'm always right

Yeah but Zlatan's a winner, he's earnt the right to moan, unlike I'm an attention seeking whore who's won feck all in my career except a stint in prison, Joey Barton.

I don't see much wrong with it either, but I'm certain he intentionally made a spectacle of it, cause he's, as previously mentioned, an attention seeking whorebag.

The scoring thing is a pretty simple thing to understand, Zlatan had the last laugh!

Proud_Lyon

Banned Cnut

Did you watch the game tonight? I watched it all and apart from that one hilarious gesture, Barton rarely made a bad tackle all night. When he did, he helped the player get up to show there was no hard feelings. Letting your hatred of Barton cloud your judgement much.

I'm always right

Did you watch the game tonight? I watched it all and apart from that one hilarious gesture, Barton rarely made a bad tackle all night. When he did, he helped the player get up to show there was no hard feelings. Letting your hatred of Barton cloud your judgement much.
Yeah I watched the full game, what does that have to do with this?

I don't hate Barton at all, I'm just calling a spade a spade. How does him doing nothing else nasty and occasionally being a good sport stop him being an attention seeking duschbag?

You thought it was "hilarious"? wow, you're easily pleased.

Proud_Lyon

Banned Cnut
Yeah I watched the full game, what does that have to do with this?

I don't hate Barton at all, I'm just calling a spade a spade. How does him doing nothing else nasty and occasionally being a good sport stop him being an attention seeking duschbag?

You thought it was "hilarious"? wow, you're easily pleased.
Did Zlatan make a big deal of it after that moment until he got subbed off, of course he didn't. He is man enough to take it. If you have watched any Marseille games this season with Barton, he has done well not to get too much attention apart from that one sending off a few games ago. He has kept himself to himself and has tried to gee up the team, albeit in English. Just one funny gesture and you make a drama out of it. I bet you didn't laugh when Eric Idle called his neighbour a "big nose", did you? You should really lighten up a bit.

Steven Seagull

There's something that doesn't sit right with me about getting "personal" with insults on the pitch. Calling each other wankers and whatnot is fine, but taking the piss out of someone's appearance or personal life just seems a bit weird, however silly it might be. You remember that kind of thing (as hyper-sensitive as that sounds) and it just seems ridiculously childish. Barton has form for that kind of thing too I think. He has form for most things though to be honest.

I'm always right

Did Zlatan make a big deal of it after that moment until he got subbed off, of course he didn't. He is man enough to take it. If you have watched any Marseille games this season with Barton, he has done well not to get too much attention apart from that one sending off a few games ago. He has kept himself to himself and has tried to gee up the team, albeit in English. Just one funny gesture and you make a drama out of it. I bet you didn't laugh when Eric Idle called his neighbour a "big nose", did you? You should really lighten up a bit.
Actually Lyon it's you that seems to have a bee on your bonnet, I merely called him an attention seeking prick, and well, he is. Just look at the man's twitter feed if you need proof.

Of course Zlatan didn't make a big deal of it, why would he? I didn't say he shouldn't do it, I just said it was done in a very typical Barton way, a big scene.

I love Monty Python, what the feck that has to do with Joey Barton I have no idea.

Proud_Lyon

Banned Cnut
There's something that doesn't sit right with me about getting "personal" with insults on the pitch. Calling each other wankers and whatnot is fine, but taking the piss out of someone's appearance or personal life just seems a bit weird, however silly it might be. You remember that kind of thing (as hyper-sensitive as that sounds) and it just seems ridiculously childish. Barton has form for that kind of thing too I think. He has form for most things though to be honest.
If we were to criticise people for their past, their physical appearance, the way they speak, where they come from then this world would be a terrible place to live in if it isn't already. As a regular poster on Redcafe, I have seen many a post about the scoldmark on Tevezs neck and it being made into a jibe of sorts so, we should be practicing what we preach, right?

Proud_Lyon

Banned Cnut
Actually Lyon it's you that seems to have a bee on your bonnet, I merely called him an attention seeking prick, and well, he is. Just look at the man's twitter feed if you need proof.

Of course Zlatan didn't make a big deal of it, why would he? I didn't say he shouldn't do it, I just said it was done in a very typical Barton way, a big scene.

I love Monty Python, what the feck that has to do with Joey Barton I have no idea.
Why do I have a bee in my bonnet?

You love Monty Python and you don't see the relevance. Then you are not a big a fan as you thought then. If you cannot remember that particular insult from Eric Idle, then you are clearly not a fan. In that case, my time is wasted trying to explain to you where it came from, since you don't know.

I'm always right

What's up with you PL, you sound like I spat on your grave or something.

Considering you already mentioned the Eric Idle "big nose" scene and I replied, "I love Monty Python", you can bet I probably knew what you were talking about, duuuuuurrrr!!

But I still don't know what that has to do with Barton. You've made your point now though, you disagree that Joey is an attention seeking bellend, well, we'll agree to disagree, no point carrying it on, and no point staining the beauty of Monty Python with comparisons to Joey Barton's humour.

I mean, comparing the humour from a scene from Life of Brian to Joey fecking Barton... you should be stoned for that. :smirk:

Steven Seagull

If we were to criticise people for their past, their physical appearance, the way they speak, where they come from then this world would be a terrible place to live in if it isn't already. As a regular poster on Redcafe, I have seen many a post about the scoldmark on Tevezs neck and it being made into a jibe of sorts so, we should be practicing what we preach, right?
I dunno, people writing stupid shit on a message board is a bit different to saying it in person because they've made a bad tackle or something. Something about a football pitch just makes it odd. I wouldn't have the time, or be pathetic enough to come up with a particularly personal insult during a game. Keep the insults passive and get on with the game.

holdsteady

Hates Sir Alex Ferguson
Nothing wrong with a little mind games during the match.

Better than standing up and punching Zlatan in the face.

SER19

hes a scumbag. hes developed some sort of cult following by spouting nonsense on twitter, the same time of inexplicable following balotelli had. so many people seem so keen to defend him so often, i dont think he should be crucified for every little thing but he is absolutely, undeniably a cnut. hes a very very limited footballer with a hugely inflated sense of self and a chip on both shoulders about everyone. if he was good enough for england hed have got his chance, but it was always someone elses fault. if he was good enough for a top PL team hed have got his chance, someone elses fault. he's gunning for a career in media when his underwhelming career winds down. meanwhile players like zlatan will be polishing their trophies.

TheRisingSun

Banned
Football takes the piss out of another footballer's appearance in a bit of sledging - big fecking deal.

Some people seem a bit sensitive on here at times. You should try playing cricket if you think that's bad. People rip the feck out of any kind of perceived weakness, often based on apperance. 99.9% of the time everyone has a pint and a laugh about it afterwards.

A nothing incident - I doubt either party has given it a second thought.

::sonny::

"Neymar is the Justin Bieber of football. Brilliant on the old You Tube. Cat piss in reality..." says Joey Barton . #haterseverywhere

Carl

Pretty much every time I've seen him for Brazil against decent opposition he's not been great at all. I think he's got great ability but he needs to move to Europe if he wants to become one of the best.